Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577802 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Hmnnnn.

Laffs in 64kbps.

A trial will convict you.

The moment i saw your post, i knew you would be trolling cheesy

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
MTN is using Visafone (CDMA) LTE license, with dedicated frequently and channel.

Their is expected to be faster than other networks.

Hmm, that's a weird claim/expectation.

In any case, except for those relatively few Visafone SIM cards (Band 20) as taken over by MTN, all MTN 4G SIMS recieve signals on Band 7 only, and that's a widely used band.

More over, MTN has not enabled Band 20 in most jurisdictions the last time I checked.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by demazju(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2017
Ntel does not throttle anymore... I've been following this thread for months now but never commented. After those two weeks of 65KBps throttling after 3Gb download, they stopped it. I've downloaded almost 200Gb since then without being throttled. Granted, the speeds are faster at night as usual, but during the day you can still stream 480p videos without buffering and 720pHD(about 80% of the time). Night speeds are between 1-1.6MBps(doesnt exceed this for some reason) which is perfectly fine for heavy downloads. Ping times also improved(for those into online gaming). In battlefield one, I'm able to maintain a ping of less than 150ms(130~150) most of the time which is a far cry from what it use to be(200ms>). So please everyone should stop bickering, they've fixed their sh*t.

Location- Surulere, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2017
Bros, they may have stopped throtles but the network coverage is still sh't
Make Ntel fix there network abeg
Its seriously fluctuating
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by duwdu: 10:48am On Jun 03, 2017
demazju:
Ntel does not throttle anymore... I've been following this thread for months now but never commented. After those two weeks of 65KBps throttling after 3Gb download, they stopped it...

Nice to know.

Hopefully we get to read — on a consistent basis — more testimonies of this sort.

P34c3
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2017
demazju:
Ntel does not throttle anymore... I've been following this thread for months now but never commented. After those two weeks of 65KBps throttling after 3Gb download, they stopped it. I've downloaded almost 200Gb since then without being throttled. Granted, the speeds are faster at night as usual, but during the day you can still stream 480p videos without buffering and 720pHD(about 80% of the time). Night speeds are between 1-1.6MBps(doesnt exceed this for some reason) which is perfectly fine for heavy downloads. Ping times also improved(for those into online gaming). In battlefield one, I'm able to maintain a ping of less than 150ms(130~150) most of the time which is a far cry from what it use to be(200ms>wink. So please everyone should stop bickering, they've fixed their sh*t.

If this is true, i might be willing to take a second look at Ntel. Can anyone confirm this tho?

Ntel called me to tell me they had fixed something, i didn't believe them nor test tho.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:50am On Jun 03, 2017
Lol. Please.

Throttling is very much in effect.

What has changed is that they improved it to around 90kbps max, usually 30kbps and the reset time is arbitrary.

The line I use in my office gets reset around 3-4pm daily these days.

When it's reset, speeds improve to about 1mbps and once 3gb is used, it reverts.

This is the same for 2 other lines around me that I can verify. Each one has different reset times.

If you are really not experiencing throttling like u claim, your plan isn't the 12k one

But then, there's no harm in giving them 12k for a month to test if true.
Like I always say, a trial will convict you
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2017
Meanwhile, yesterday their oga was at one function advocating for increase in prices of data.

I had to go and look at their prices again to be sure I wasn't mistaken. They have what's arguably the most expensive data plans​ in the country, bar this 'limited unlimited' plan and you are still asking for prices to go up.

I laugh in Swahili.

One day you people will buy 100mb at 2k in this country by the time these people have their wy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Meanwhile, yesterday their oga was at one function advocating for increase in prices of data.

I had to go and look at their prices again to be sure I wasn't mistaken. They have what's arguably the most expensive data plans​ in the country, bar this 'limited unlimited' plan and you are still asking for prices to go up.

I laugh in Swahili.

One day you people will buy 100mb at 2k in this country by the time these people have their wy

The man is a clueless media hound.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by moondancing(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
Stanley08:

If this is true, i might be willing to take a second look at Ntel. Can anyone confirm this tho?

Ntel called me to tell me they had fixed something, i didn't believe them nor test tho.
confirmed...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
Stanley08:

currently testing
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 6:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
stanley08

na true but the speed no exceed 1.3mb/s

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
Singapore1:
stanley08

Hmmn... Not too bad. What plan did you pay for? I want to know if it is worth dropping Spectranet over.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
Stanley08:

Hmmn... Not too bad. What plan did you pay for? I want to know if it is worth dropping Spectranet over.
It's a week plan
I wouldn't want to try the monthly own just yet
No money to waste
Make I.finish my spect plan
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
Singapore1:
stanley08

You restart your device after exceeding 3GB and e still continue?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
toluxa1:

You restart your device after exceeding 3GB and e still continue?

yes .hovering between

800kb/s - 1.3mb/s

i can stream @720P
i think the 3gb FUP has been abandoned and the speed has been capped to 1.3mb/s

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LiamMarshall(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
Does anyone here get slow in app downloads but fast torrent downloads here on ntel...i get as low as 27kb/s when downloading in some windows app even on idm sometimes but i get like 1mb/s+ on torrent
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by demazju(m): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
LiamMarshall:
Does anyone here get slow in app downloads but fast torrent downloads here on ntel...i get as low as 27kb/s when downloading in some windows app even on idm sometimes but i get like 1mb/s+ on torrent

Quite strange, I'm having a totally different experience,
For me, they've nerfed torrent speeds. You'll be lucky if your speed exceeds 100KBps.. But direct downloads are OK.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Singapore1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2017
demazju:

Quite strange, I'm having a totally different experience,
For me, they've nerfed torrent speeds. You'll be lucky if your speed exceeds 100KBps.. But direct downloads are OK.

opposite is the case for me

torrent is very very slow ( maybe the blacklist it )
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
The person wey block me from viewing and commenting on this thread try gaan grin

E be like una think say I be JJC. Better kuku delete my Nairaland moniker.

Cos all this one na child's play that i will run rings round everytime.

Ehen, onto better gist, this thing una dey talk no be say I no believe una o, cos I do.
But why the 2 lines wey dey my office no dey pass 30kbps?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
4llerbuntu:
The person wey block me from viewing and commenting on this thread try gaan grin

E be like una think say I be JJC. Better kuku delete my Nairaland moniker.

Cos all this one na child's play that i will run rings round everytime.

Ehen, onto better gist, this thing una dey talk no be say I no believe una o, cos I do.
But why the 2 lines wey dey my office no dey pass 30kbps?

That's location and band issue... I dey get 1.3Mbps even on 1 bar..

Does your device support band 8..?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Dam5reey:

they don't have good coverage yet .
That's all
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Dam5reey:

We use their router and mifi.

As far as I can tell no way to peg those to a band.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2017
see am yourself. make e no be like person too dey lie

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
4llerbuntu:
see am yourself. make e no be like person too dey lie
lol

Ubuntu

Depends on your location bro
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by processrxtn: 7:54am On Jun 07, 2017
demazju:
Ntel does not throttle anymore... I've been following this thread for months now but never commented. After those two weeks of 65KBps throttling after 3Gb download, they stopped it. I've downloaded almost 200Gb since then without being throttled. Granted, the speeds are faster at night as usual, but during the day you can still stream 480p videos without buffering and 720pHD(about 80% of the time). Night speeds are between 1-1.6MBps(doesnt exceed this for some reason) which is perfectly fine for heavy downloads. Ping times also improved(for those into online gaming). In battlefield one, I'm able to maintain a ping of less than 150ms(130~150) most of the time which is a far cry from what it use to be(200ms>wink. So please everyone should stop bickering, they've fixed their sh*t.

Washere ! Same is applicable here in Gwarimpa Abuja

download is around 650 Kbps during the day and goes up to about 1.4 Mbps at night. Only Torrent speed is very slow.

No more 3GB daily cap. Ntel is good for the price
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Hmnnnn.

Laffs in 64kbps.

A trial will convict you.

Convicted.

I bought one week and just loaded. The connection is absolute sheet. I can't even open nl pages. This post is from my phone
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
oyb:

Convicted.

I bought one week and just loaded. The connection is absolute sheet. I can't even open nl pages. This post is from my phone

lmao.

eeyah. sorry bros. Just take it that you donated to their salaries for this month
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
4llerbuntu:

lmao.

eeyah. sorry bros. Just take it that you donated to their salaries for this month

it has improved

i changed my mifi from 2.4g to 5g

now getting the default 1.3mb/s
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
oyb:

it has improved

i changed my mifi from 2.4g to 5g

now getting the default 1.3mb/s

thats nice.

but i'm not sure what your local wlan network has to do with their speeds.

can you try returning to the 2.4Ghz wlan to see if the speeds still crawl

we use their router and the LAN is shit, i've tried the 5Ghz band for wireless, its still shit

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
grin
4llerbuntu:

thats nice.

but i'm not sure what your local wlan network has to do with their speeds.

can you try returning to the 2.4Ghz wlan to see if the speeds still crawl

we use their router and the LAN is shit, i've tried the 5Ghz band for wireless, its still shit

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
the ntel k leg no get part two

no network in festac since at least 6pm yesterday

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.