Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577884 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by krizblak(m): 8:29am On Jun 26, 2017
Planning on buying Ntel sim am in PH-woji area. Plz has there network speed increased? i need a little info so i wnt end up regretting.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dacronym(m): 1:17pm On Jun 26, 2017
vanchi:

Yes
Not working
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Septre: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2017
vanchi:

Set your apn as ntel

Then go to settings and make sure that the ntel sim is set as default for data. Don't bother going to preferred network type thru settings

From dialler *#*#4636#*#*
Select the sim slot which is he ntel line is in and set as LTE only.

Go back to sim settings and select the other line as the default data sim. Then switch it back to the ntel sim for data.

You've got 4g.

If you tamper with preferred network type through settings then u have to go and set it to LTE using that code through the dialler.
No need for manual network search

duwdu:

I think the correct code to dial, is *#*#4636#*#*

P34c3

Thank you both so much. I have been unhappy since i bought my redmi 4a, because i could not get Smile 4G to work on it as the reason why i bought it was support for Smile's band 20. The Smile signal only came up when the wifi was on and went off as soon as you put the wifi off,so i felt the phone had issues and was hoping that update to Nougat would correct it. But as soon as i saw your post i decided to try it out and hurray the Smile 4G signal is live on my phone. Thank you, Thank you and thank you for sharing. That is why i hang around here than i do on facebook and my friends wonder Why cheesy cheesy grin

1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
mikron:
i have subscribed for the ntel Lite night plan which costs N500 on 4 occasions now, it supposed to last for just 2 nights from(10pm to 6am), but aside the 1st time i subscribes that actually last the 2 nights, the other 3 occasions has worked for only 1 night for me, even google no fit open the 2nd night, after complaining to the desk attendant in their garki 2 office she advised me to send a mail to care@ntel.com.ng which i did ystdy, later i got a reply from them that nothing is wrong with my line and thanking me for being an ntel customer and that they will look into it bla bla bla, but nothing has changed, i still experienced the same thing, only one night works for me, please is anybody here using this 2 night lite plan for N500 that i use too? if yes please what is the persons experience like? does it work for 2 nights (as claimed by ntel) or it works for just one night? i really want to know before i subscribe again. this people are not telling us the truth. i cant be paying for N500 just for a night instead of 2 nights they told me the plan works.

Bro you are Soo right..I thought it was only me..not works for only the first night and doesn't for the other night...am in portharcourt
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
mikron:
i have subscribed for the ntel Lite night plan which costs N500 on 4 occasions now, it supposed to last for just 2 nights from(10pm to 6am), but aside the 1st time i subscribes that actually last the 2 nights, the other 3 occasions has worked for only 1 night for me, even google no fit open the 2nd night, after complaining to the desk attendant in their garki 2 office she advised me to send a mail to care@ntel.com.ng which i did ystdy, later i got a reply from them that nothing is wrong with my line and thanking me for being an ntel customer and that they will look into it bla bla bla, but nothing has changed, i still experienced the same thing, only one night works for me, please is anybody here using this 2 night lite plan for N500 that i use too? if yes please what is the persons experience like? does it work for 2 nights (as claimed by ntel) or it works for just one night? i really want to know before i subscribe again. this people are not telling us the truth. i cant be paying for N500 just for a night instead of 2 nights they told me the plan works.
Bro you are Soo rightI thought it was only me..not works for only the first night and doesn't for the other night am in portharcourt
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
Dacronym:

Not working

You can see someone testified with his smile. Check my previous posts. see attached images

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
For the second to the last image DO NOT make any selection. Make sure that you do the code and select LTE only from there on the required sim location
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chillinmasoul(m): 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
Why not also see the various plans and their subscription codes below;

MTN Data Plans
Glo Data Plans
Etisalat Data Plans
Airtel Data Plans

Cheers!!!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by mikron(m): 1:53am On Jun 27, 2017
Billw:

Bro you are Soo rightI thought it was only me..not works for only the first night and doesn't for the other night am in portharcourt
the problem is they are not giving me any explanation, what i did now was that i bought the N500 plan with my atm card from the ntel care portal, i waited till a minute past 12 minight before i activated the N500 2 days plan, i want to see if it will work for me for 2 days now. if it worked i will inform u so that u copy my style grin grin grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 5:47am On Jun 27, 2017
mikron:
the problem is they are not giving me any explanation, what i did now was that i bought the N500 plan with my atm card from the ntel care portal, i waited till a minute past 12 minight before i activated the N500 2 days plan, i want to see if it will work for me for 2 days now. if it worked i will inform u so that u copy my style grin grin grin
Aii bro
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by walcolm(m): 8:03am On Jun 27, 2017
Chillinmasoul:
Why not also see the various plans and their subscription codes below;

MTN Data Plans
Glo Data Plans
Etisalat Data Plans
Airtel Data Plans

Cheers!!!

Have you guys noticed glo has cut its data caps in half across virtually all data plans
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dacronym(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2017
vanchi:

You can see someone testified with his smile. Check my previous posts. see attached images

it's telling me to input a three digit MCC code or something like that when creating the APN, without it the APN will refuse to be saved

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2017
Dacronym:

it's telling me to input a three digit MCC code or something like that when creating the APN, without it the APN will refuse to be saved
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Naimolawale: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
I'm thinking of getting nitel sim. Any ideas wether to get it or not, I'm currently staying at mazamaza mile2, is it worth it.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by honsule(m): 5:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
mikron:

WAIT TILL LIKE 5 Minutes or 10 minutes. because that a minute past 12 midnight might just be Ntel 11:58/59pm cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dacronym(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
vanchi:
It's working now I've sorted it out, Thanks a lot bro

But How's your speed though and are you based in Lagos?
I'lld like to know seeing we use the same device
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by krizblak(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
Planning on buying Ntel sim am in PH-woji area. Plz has there network speed increased? i need a little info so i wnt end up regretting.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EvilMetahuman: 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Septre:

Thank you both so much. I have been unhappy since i bought my redmi 4a, because i could not get Smile 4G to work on it as the reason why i bought it was support for Smile's band 20. The Smile signal only came up when the wifi was on and went off as soon as you put the wifi off,so i felt the phone had issues and was hoping that update to Nougat would correct it. But as soon as i saw your post i decided to try it out and hurray the Smile 4G signal is live on my phone. Thank you, Thank you and thank you for sharing. That is why i hang around here than i do on facebook and my friends wonder Why cheesy cheesy grin
what is smile data like?

Do they have decent data plans like the spectranet 12k5 plus unlimited night download?

Smile is the only 4g network with strong signal here. But the plans I saw on there website no be here at all.

And their speed too.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chillinmasoul(m): 12:17am On Jun 28, 2017
Logically, YES they did cut their plans into half but It's based on certain things. If you have renewed automatically after the first subscription,
you'd get full data instead of that initial half. For instance, If i subscribe for 1.6Gb for 1k, when i automatically renew my plan after exhaustion, I will get 3.2GB instead of one. And it goes on and on across all plans.

walcolm:

Have you guys noticed glo has cut its data caps in half across virtually all data plans
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 1:36am On Jun 28, 2017
Naimolawale:
I'm thinking of getting nitel sim. Any ideas wether to get it or not, I'm currently staying at mazamaza mile2, is it worth it.

I'm at Festac the speed here is very good. Get it
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 1:38am On Jun 28, 2017
Flashed my phone so lost my speedtest screen shots. But it's pretty fast in Festac . Only subscribe when I have heavy downloads to do.

Dacronym:

It's working now I've sorted it out, Thanks a lot bro

But How's your speed though and are you based in Lagos?
I'lld like to know seeing we use the same device
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by mikron(m): 1:40am On Jun 28, 2017
honsule:

WAIT TILL LIKE 5 Minutes or 10 minutes. because that a minute past 12 midnight might just be Ntel 11:58/59pm cheesy cheesy cheesy
bro it worked well, how work?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by mikron(m): 1:42am On Jun 28, 2017
Billw:

Aii bro
it finally worked with the method i told u about, use it from now henceforth, there is a plan for 1 week night only for only N1,500. that will be awesome for big downloaders like me too.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 28, 2017
Good Morning guys,
My issue is very small, i bought my NTEL modem last year December, and i was assured that i could use if for any other sim. I finally used my glo sim on the ZTE device, however i was unable to connect to 4G and finally settled for 3G. I am very sure it supports LTE bands of GLO, Etisalat and MTN however i cant seem to access 4G LTE...

Please does anyone have a solution to this?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 28, 2017
Good Morning guys,
My issue is very small, i bought my NTEL modem last year December, and i was assured that i could use if for any other sim. I finally used my glo sim on the ZTE device, however i was unable to connect to 4G and finally settled for 3G. I am very sure it supports LTE bands 3 & 8 however i cant seem to access 4G LTE, unless when i am using NTEL.

the LTE category os Cat6

Please does anyone have a solution to this?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 9:54am On Jun 28, 2017
mikron:
it finally worked with the method i told u about, use it from now henceforth, there is a plan for 1 week night only for only N1,500. that will be awesome for big downloaders like me too.

Aii thanks..now PHCN should Just leave the light overnight
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Billw(m): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2017
krizblak:

Am at Ada George and it's fast
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by krizblak(m): 10:32am On Jun 28, 2017
Billw:

Am at Ada George and it's fast
how fast really? Like how many mbps do u really get wen downloading?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 11:22am On Jun 28, 2017
krizblak:

how fast really? Like how many mbps do u really get wen downloading?
it depends on where you're staying
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by krizblak(m): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2017
purplekayc:
it depends on where you're staying

yeah i tot as much,,, bt how fast is it nw at were ur staying?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2017
krizblak:

yeah i tot as much,,, bt how fast is it nw at were ur staying?
at my place its fluctuating and I was told to get an antenna ,but have gotten another network swift ,till their servit improves

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.