Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) (34984 Views)

Roads To Be Commissioned By President Buhari In Kano State (Photos) / Locally Fabricated Patrol Vehicles Launched By The Nigerian Army. Photos / Fayose & Wike Inspect Rivers Pleasure Park, To Be Commissioned This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by baslone: 2:35pm On May 23, 2016
boujaye:
where d money come from? Buhari's budget?

Apelex:

Lagos has a monthly IGR of 27- 32b per month

The money comes from free donors like Mustard, Diamond bank, Total etc

It's a Lagos State Security Trust Fund project.

Bulk of the money came from the Sports Betting Community.

3 Likes

Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Haryohdeji(m): 2:35pm On May 23, 2016
Laredojohn:
Another layer of progress in Lagos: Pictures of security patrol vehicles and motorcycles to be commissioned today by Mr. President.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1124790294208902&id=492378324116772&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1124790294208902%3Atl_objid.1124790294208902%3Athid.492378324116772%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1464764399%3A6458724840451437143&__tn__=C
Harmburdey! Harmburdey!! Harmburdey!!! All this security patrol vehicles,motorcycle,helicopter,flying boat,bicycle,fast n furious cars cannot reduce crime rate in Lagos...Use all this money to create Jobs n d crime rate will reduce.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:36pm On May 23, 2016
Wait o, I didn't c any small police cars like the one patrolling my area there. Actually like the fact that d police men n. Women in them try to keep them clean. Eko o ni baje

1 Like

Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 23, 2016
Perfecttouch:
buy naija to grow naija is good.but why will u compare ford with ivm in term of durability ? Even innocent chukwuma won't dare make such silly comparison

Maybe you haven't seen IVM products before they are really rugged.

greenpasture:

And IVM production capacity is? All arms of Nigerian defence forces already use IVM and IVM is struggling to meet demand. Proforce in Ogun state is in same position. Local producers need to grow systematically, pushing too large orders at them can actually destroy them quality wise. The government is using them but must be careful not to expose itself to concentration risk or to destroy local producers with large unsustainable orders.

I can understand your point but I really don't think that is the case here.

Junior66:

Ivm doesnt com close to nothing. check all de ivm patrol vehicles used in Awka, all badly damaged despite lookin very new like say na zinc dey use do am

Maybe you haven't seen hilux trucks badly damaged by the patrol teams. I still maintain that IVM can compete with ford. I wouldn't have said that if your were talking Hilux truck.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Optimist1(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2016
I read many comments and saw the way people are not appreciative of the little the government is doing.

Perhaps, they would have been delighted if the country/state funds have been diverted to another route.

Always appreciate little, so that by so doing, the government will notice that inspite of the fund they have been looting yet, this good patriots gratify them.

The new administration will now change its mind and be compassionate about its citizens then, do something enormous that will sake the entire universe.

Always be careful of what you say, because it is what you say that will implicate you now and forever.

Long live Lagos, Long live Nigeria the Giant of Africa. God bless (9ja).

If you endorse me click ''like'' and if you want to see this country progresses, click ''share''

Thank you and God bless us all as we leave to show love to this country (Nigeria).

2 Likes

Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Guyman02: 2:51pm On May 23, 2016
bigboss80s:
Y is it so hard for the government to buy cars made in Nigeria. We need to patronise our own!

The current Governor of Lagos does not seem to like anything that is associated with Igbos, while Govs in the North patronize Innoson, there counterparts in the South West are not, perhaps Fayose may decide to buy made in Nigeria sad sad

bettercreature:
Lol! I don't think any sane Government will invest his cash on Chinese cars assembled in Nigeria branded Innoson
The fact that Geely cars is even better than innoson is a very serious cause for concern

Not a good excuse, those Ford vehicles and those cheap Okadas you see in the picture were built and assembled in China
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Yahami(m): 3:01pm On May 23, 2016
Lagos is just fast growing in development as if it's not part of Nigeria. I think we need Lagosian to rule Nigeria so that they can develop Nigeria as a whole the way they are doing well in Lagos. This in support say I! Those against say Ney!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by aresa: 3:15pm On May 23, 2016
Haryohdeji:
Harmburdey! Harmburdey!! Harmburdey!!! All this security patrol vehicles,motorcycle,helicopter,flying boat,bicycle,fast n furious cars cannot reduce crime rate in Lagos...Use all this money to create Jobs n d crime rate will reduce.

Investors create jobs, but they won't without secured and safe enviroment to operate in.

Security first
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by aresa: 3:18pm On May 23, 2016
Optimist1:
I read many comments and saw the way people are not appreciative of the little the government is doing.

Perhaps, they would have been delighted if the country/state funds have been diverted to another route.

Always appreciate little, so that by so doing, the government will notice that inspite of the fund they have been looting yet, this good patriots gratify them.

The new administration will now change its mind and be compassionate about its citizens then, do something enormous that will sake the entire universe.

Always be careful of what you say, because it is what you say that will implicate you now and forever.

Long live Lagos, Long live Nigeria the Giant of Africa. God bless (9ja).

If you endorse me click ''like'' and if you want to see this country progresses, click ''share''

Thank you and God bless us all as we leave to show love to this country (Nigeria).

You take Igbos and worthless wailers way too seriously.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Rossikk(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:
Lol! I don't think any sane Government will invest his cash on Chinese cars assembled in Nigeria branded Innoson
The fact that Geely cars is even better than innoson is a very serious cause for concern
You are a dunce. Various govts have bought hundreds of Innoson vehicles already, and they are made in Nigeria despite your spiteful attempt at belittling the achievement.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Rossikk(m): 3:23pm On May 23, 2016
Junior66:

no mind dem. i have seen dozens of ivm patrol pickup jeeps in awka and dey are all bad despite being new. dose cars cant last a lifetym of five years total!
Liar.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Hummerchoko(m): 3:39pm On May 23, 2016
wot abt bicycle na
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by nkemjacob2(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2016
bettercreature:
Does that interior of innoson factory looks like interior of a company manufacturing cars to you?
if though all d part of IVM motor is not produce by him, @ least lagos state will showed a concern they mean to buy 9ja product to create a jobs internally while innoson boost his facilities.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by aresa: 4:09pm On May 23, 2016
nkemjacob2:
if though all d part of IVM motor is not produce by him, @ least lagos state will showed a concern they mean to buy 9ja product to create a jobs internally while innoson boost his facilities.

Buying fleet cars in large volume comes with extras like years of warrantee, maintenance, availability of parts and sometimes financing.

Innoson at the moment doesn't have the capacity to meet such demands.

Patronizing Innoson shouldn't be a big deal, but Innoson is not a car manufacturer or even a credible assembly plant.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Junior66(m): 4:45pm On May 23, 2016
Rossikk:
Liar.
lolsss. u dnt know anything. Ask anybody based in Awka to tell u de state of those vehicles.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by str8talk1: 5:24pm On May 23, 2016
What a Foolish investment!
For the Fulani Govt. (FG) of Nigeria to use against ur pple while d Hausa-fulani herdsman r busy decimating d Yoruba.
Any govt. 4rm d Southern & Middle-belt part of Nigeria dat supplies equipment to d federal shld b stoned.
This is d time for states govt. to start forming and equiping vetted vigilante groups to serve as auxiliary police force for d interest of their own pple.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by str8talk1: 5:25pm On May 23, 2016
What a Fo.olish investment!
For the Fulani Govt. (FG) of Nigeria to use against ur pple while d Hausa-fulani herdsman r busy decimating d Yoruba.
Any govt. 4rm d Southern & Middle-belt part of Nigeria dat supplies equipment to d federal shld b stoned.
This is d time for states govt. to start forming and equiping vetted vigilante groups to serve as auxiliary police force for d interest of their own pple.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 23, 2016
Logician:

Maybe you haven't seen IVM products before they are really rugged.

I can understand your point but I really don't think that is the case here.

Maybe you haven't seen hilux trucks badly damaged by the patrol teams. I still maintain that IVM can compete with ford. I wouldn't have said that if your were talking Hilux truck.

I am as nationalistic as anyone else. I believe in buy Nigerian. IVM trucks are extensively used by the Nigerian Army. But IVM is currently trying to scale its after sales while at the same time trying to increase production. These are classic growth pains; demand vs. Capacity. I think anyone ordering more than a few vehicles is going to take cognizance of this.

Proforce is another great Nigerian company producing armoured personnel carriers http://www.proforcedefence.com/
Proforce is serving the defence forces with its mine resistant vehicles (MRV). It had a large export order for the Libyan army a few months ago. In spite of this, the army still has a complement of foreign MRV. It isn't that the government doesn't want to support it - it is - but the risk mgt methodologies employed for these type of purchases means that defence and sensitive task forces cannot over concentrate their purchases.

I am certain that orders for IVM and Proforce vehicles will continue to grow steadily.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Lapetus: 6:19pm On May 23, 2016
deebsman1:
Thank God baba turned down not coming, so na dis craps d yeye Ambode man wan make baba kari em integrity cum commission, nonsense.

Honestly speaking, this Ambode seriously needs to step his game up in Lagos else they lose out to PDP in lagos.

I think d jagaban should call that boy to order.

Lagos deserves more than this yeye yeye kpangolo developmental politics.

"Thou nice 1s at d Ford pick-ups"

You really do not have to post a comment. Cus u made no point... what do we really want in this country? Pls next time, endeavour to make a point or just read on.
Tcheeeeeew... am sure you don't live in lagos.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by OBAnkemi: 7:07pm On May 23, 2016
Logician:
And they tell us buy Naija to save the Naira. I am sure IVM products are way cheaper and can even compete with ford in terms of durability

Guy quit deceiving yourself abeg. When you need to get yourself a car, please buy IVM and let's see a thread about it here on Nairaland.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 23, 2016
OBAnkemi:

Guy quit deceiving yourself abeg. When you need to get yourself a car, please buy IVM and let's see a thread about it here on Nairaland.

The government should lead the campaign.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by ogunsbanjul(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2016
I wish Ambode should NOT give these vehicles to Nigeria police because within a year all will be Owode type. Nice legacy from Fashola to Ambode. Well done governor Ambode. Second term sure for you
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by sam90s(m): 9:40pm On May 23, 2016
Ademat7:
I believe in TECHNOLOGY,too much patrol which will add to traffic; Y not use drone and GPS? when are we going to enter 21st century in this part of the world?
#lipsealed

A drone can detect, but can hardly respond, a drone can assist the equipment you just saw, it cannot replace them.
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by Ademat7(m): 10:12pm On May 23, 2016
sam90s:

A drone can detect, but can hardly respond, a drone can assist the equipment you just saw, it cannot replace them.
I get u but don't u think we r having duplicate agencies in Lagos? take a look very well
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by keyremotes(m): 11:20pm On May 23, 2016
WHAT IS LASG DOING ABOUT THE SUDDEN INVASION OF LAGOS BY OKADA RIDERS FROM THE NORTH?
THESE PEOPLE ARE VERY UNRULY AND YOU WILL THINK YOU ARE IN ONE OF THE NORTHERN STATES THE WAY THEY DISOBEY TRAFFIC LAWS.
THEY ARE A LAW UNTO THEMSELVES.

THOUGHT THERE WAS A LAW ON THE SPECIFICATION OF OKADA'S TO RIDE IN LAGOS? 200cc

IS IT UNTILL THEY BEGIN TO STAB AND KILL PEOPLE OVER ACCIDENTS AND INCIDENTS THEY ARE GUILTY OF THAT GOVERNMENT WILL ACT?

VERY SOON THEIR BOMBS WILL BEGIN TO EXPLODE
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by ogwumgbe: 2:19am On May 24, 2016
Yoruba patronizing an Igbo product? You people are kidding me. Igbos are fools, have you seen a single Yoruba guy in any church owned by an Igbo man? Instead of the Yoruba to patronize a product made by an Igbo man, they will opt for the substandard one manufactured by an obscured company
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by aresa: 2:52am On May 24, 2016
ogwumgbe:
Yoruba patronizing an Igbo product? You people are kidding me. Igbos are fools, have you seen a single Yoruba guy in any church owned by an Igbo man? Instead of the Yoruba to patronize a product made by an Igbo man, they will opt for the substandard one manufactured by an obscured company

The only reason why Yoruba people don't patronize ibo made rubbish is simply because everything they make and sell is not only substandard, but fake and or poison..

Their fake drugs have killed many Nigerians and still killing Nigerians..

Prof Nnabuko laments increase in fake products in s/east

[b]She says the greedy businessmen are trying to sabotage the work of NAFDAC – The professor sayd unsuspecting citizens are at risk Prof. Mrs. Justitia Nnabuko has lamented the prevalence of fake products and non-registered pharmaceutical drugs in the south east. Vanguard reports that the professor, who is the dean of the faculty of business administration at the University of Nigeria (UNN), at the 104th inaugural lecture of the institution. Nnabuko lamented that in spite of the work done by the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), some businessmen were still financing the importation of substandard products. She said: “NAFDAC is rated as one of the top eighteen medical regulatory agencies in the world and the fourth on the African continent. READ ALSO: Senate expresses worry over drug abuse in Nigeria “However, monitoring of pharmaceutical activities has not yielded the much-desired transparency in the activities of drug firms as drug products assessment and registrations have not been effectively achieved in the South-East states of Nigeria.

“Many pharmaceutical facilities and drug products were yet to receive authentic registrations. The lives of the regulators had been threatened in the course of carrying out monitoring operations”. She said the fake drugs were distributed to unsuspecting people in the society by many people interested in making quick cash. She said: “Given that lots of quackery takes place in business, there are ethical standards, which marketers are expected to apply, but many people pushing products and services are not professional marketers and many organizations use them. READ ALSO: Asari Dokubo reportedly sends strong message to Biafrans “So, I call on the Federal Government, to make enabling laws to drive the implementation of the National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria’s mandate on regulating the practice of all marketers in the country.

“Related government agencies like the NAFDAC, the Standards Organization of Nigeria, and the Consumer Protection Council, need also to be empowered in the area of enabling factors, like legal backing in ilmplementing their mandate.” In a related development, Chief Chris Ebede who is the leader of the Nigerian Igbo community in Europe expressed dismay at the reports circulating in Europe describing Igboland as a region for criminals[/b]

https://www.naij.com/772709-fake-products-drugs-rise-igboland-unn-professor.html

^^^^^^^^That was just 2 months ago..

Keep your half bake substandard cars and fake rubbish..
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:59am On May 24, 2016
bettercreature:
really? Geeky better than innocent
Re: Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) by tck2000(m): 11:27am On Feb 13, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

France Can’t Fix Your Problem To You – Macron Tells Nigeria / Nigerian Top 5 National Heroes / Governor Peter Mbah Visits Tinubu, Thanks Him Over The Appointment Of Ogalla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.