Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:39 AM

16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. (9375 Views)

22 Photos Proving How Strange The World Around Us Is / Abnormal and Strange Things That Used To Be Normal In The Past / Strange Test Econometrics Question In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by Swazzkid(m): 9:18am On May 24, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
lol he de there now from inter Milan waka still land for ac Milan his current club I know they for DON tire to de fine am
lol...dey will surely find him
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by lanicky(f): 11:29am On May 24, 2016
Krest3d:

This is wrong. It is not illegal to change light bulbs in Victoria. It's only illegal to do your own electrical work.

See here:

http://www.news.com.au/national/courts-law/urban-legend-or-legislation-australias-weirdest-laws-explained/news-story/a0d85b1999b5933ef01a940f39e07b93

Please modify it and don't mislead people.

Get your fact right too...I posted the link I got that from didn't I?

.... file:///data/data/com.android.browser/files/index-14.mht

If switching the power off is not viable, from a worksafe perspective I'd flick it off as a sparkies job.

This is because:
1) The standard bayonet/ES socket always seems to be electrically unsafe to me - very easy to bridge the terminals with your fingers or stick your finger on a live part while earthed.
2) Because there is a lack of electrical knowledge in the Australian population, Mr or Ms 'Change the lightbulb' person knows nothing about where the safe/unsafe bits in the fitting are, or indeed how the thing works at all...I can just see some helpful soul trying to dislodge an insect carcase with a metal pen while standing on tip-toes on a swivel chair.
3) Bulbs occasonally break when changing, so you've got the added risk of electrical shock as well as cuts from broken glass...and possibly blowing the entire circuit if the bulb seperates from its metal base and the lead wires twist together.
4) Even sparkies manage to kill themselves when working on things that should be isolated (but its too much trouble to switch off, so they don't...and ZAP!)

cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by Krest3d: 11:46am On May 24, 2016
specimenC:

Light bulb, electrical work, what's the difference? You just want to be relevant. Kudos PM me for your trophy.

See this one! Did you even open the link?

lanicky:

Get your fact right too...I posted the link I got that from didn't I?

.... file:///data/data/com.android.browser/files/index-14.mht

If switching the power off is not viable, from a worksafe perspective I'd flick it off as a sparkies job.

This is because:
1) The standard bayonet/ES socket always seems to be electrically unsafe to me - very easy to bridge the terminals with your fingers or stick your finger on a live part while earthed.
2) Because there is a lack of electrical knowledge in the Australian population, Mr or Ms 'Change the lightbulb' person knows nothing about where the safe/unsafe bits in the fitting are, or indeed how the thing works at all...I can just see some helpful soul trying to dislodge an insect carcase with a metal pen while standing on tip-toes on a swivel chair.
3) Bulbs occasonally break when changing, so you've got the added risk of electrical shock as well as cuts from broken glass...and possibly blowing the entire circuit if the bulb seperates from its metal base and the lead wires twist together.
4) Even sparkies manage to kill themselves when working on things that should be isolated (but its too much trouble to switch off, so they don't...and ZAP!)

cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44.

Nawa for you OP. Did you even open the link i posted? The link is recent (March 2016).
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by lanicky(f): 12:01pm On May 24, 2016
Krest3d:

See this one! Did you even open the link?

Nawa for you OP. Did you even open the link i posted? The link is recent (March 2016). Moreover, i live here in Victoria and that so called law is a myth. So please make the correction, nobody is above mistakes.

Yes I opened the link and visited more links to confirm. You make it look like I did a bad job stating that fact up there...

You live in Victoria? Wow! You forgot to say that before directing me to that link or did you just relocate to Victoria? I wouldn't have argued at all if you had said that earlier. smiley

Thanks though.
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by Hisduchess(f): 12:25pm On May 24, 2016
HonPatrick:
Nice one Lanny cool
I like you signature.
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by HonPatrick(m): 12:50pm On May 24, 2016
Hisduchess:

I like you signature.

Thanks babe. I like your Dp wink

Lanicky for miss Nairaland 2016
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by MaziOmenuko: 2:53pm On May 24, 2016
In Lagos state, smoking outside and in public places is a crime punishable by jail or heavy fine.

You won't understand how weird this law is until u realise that there's no police officer left to enforce this law as they all smoke in public places too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by hericjames(m): 3:32pm On May 24, 2016
Grabs a sit get popcorn with sum origin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by Hisduchess(f): 6:00pm On May 24, 2016
HonPatrick:

Thanks babe. I like your Dp wink
Lanicky for miss Nairaland 2016
thanks plenty
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by killzone(m): 6:50am On May 25, 2016
Come which one naija con get
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by lanicky(f): 5:27pm On May 27, 2016
killzone:
Come which one naija con get

Naija get plenty...but peeps dey violate them including the law enforcement agents.
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by lanicky(f): 5:42pm On May 27, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
In Lagos state, smoking outside and in public places is a crime punishable by jail or heavy fine.

You won't understand how weird this law is until u realise that there's no police officer left to enforce this law as they all smoke in public places too.

Funny, but true.
Re: 16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. by Calmwaters(m): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2017
lanicky:
6) China is notorious for its tendency to control things in Tibet but the law that the Chinese government passed in 2007 was just beyond absurd. According to the law, it's illegal for the Tibetan monks to reincarnate without the government´s permission weird isn't it?
This one off me shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) Post UTME Past Questions And Answer / FANIMOROUS: A Word Coined From Yoruba Language Added To The Dictionary / There Will Be No Post Ume Test In Kad Poly, Submit Your Cridential.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.