Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? (5062 Views)

Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / My Husband Beats Me For Not Bearing Male Child, Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by thorpido(m): 7:54am On May 24, 2016
Bolade005:

Bro, I honestly don't mind. Thanks
I have an article I could send to your email.You can PM me or drop an email address.
Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by byvan03: 8:20am On May 24, 2016
Knightngale:
I gave my views but wanted honest opinions, your answer to me betrays your other submissions in this same thread.

Actually the truth in your heart betrayed your effort to romanticise the female child, it's obvious from your hiding behind curtains that a male child matters a lot to you. My submission is a clear as day, I don't seek approval, so I state it as it matters to me. You can't accept my response as honest because you are far from honest by projecting the opposite of what you mean, then lace it with sugar icing to confound...I wonder who.

4 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by Bolade005: 9:06am On May 24, 2016
thorpido:
I have an article I could send to your email.You can PM me or drop an email address.
I will PM you.
Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by Creamish(f): 9:27am On May 24, 2016
byvan03:

I deal with teen girls on daily basics so I have an idea of what's like to have them around. There is nothing I won't do to protect my female child, so everyone is safer that I don't have one to protect.

Girls are so adorable, but I rather not have them. Let mine remain safe wherever they are. No one will come to my house yarning some gibberish about seeing ripe agbalumo just to take away my child. Then what if she doesn't have balls to deal with life issues? She will call me crying when hurt abi? That will shatter my heart, I just can't, maybe God knows that I can't deal. I pray it remains as it is.

Lolz. .. UV got a phobia for female kids.. I see ur point.. but then again some male kids come with drama..eg Denrele grin.

Regardless of the gender of my kids, raising them right determines the level of headache I'll have. Cultism issues is my biggest scare for male kids so I'm thinking of taking mine abroad for their Bsc and Masters... Naija universities get as they be...

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by byvan03: 10:07am On May 24, 2016
Creamish:

Lolz. .. UV got a phobia for female kids.. I see ur point.. but then again some male kids come with drama..eg Denrele grin.

Regardless of the gender of my kids, raising them right determines the level of headache I'll have. Cultism issues is my biggest scare for male kids so I'm thinking of taking mine abroad for their Bsc and Masters... Naija universities get as they be...

Actually I have a phobia for babies generally now. I rather carry another's child and return it quickly when the euphoria of babysitting wanes, I don't want any for keep anymore grin. Am scared of cultism too, I just focus on grooming their conscience, guiding and backing up with prayers.

Not really a phobia for girls, but an over protective kind of love . A lot of odds are against them just by virtue of their gender and I hate that passionately. I just love them way too much and if i had them, they will probably be amazons. Being that delicate flower is a hard pill for me to swallow. Imagine trying to correct a barber and he goes " is it a woman that will teach a man how to cut hair"? I had to let him know that this woman here is paying for your services and so you will do exactly as she says, he eventually apologised because he didn't see the drama coming . So annoying!

In an ideal world, I would love to have 12 daughters but in reality...let me hoard my daughters till Africans' perception of women changes. My girls need to play on a level ground, I hope I won't be sterile by then grin.

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by Creamish(f): 10:22am On May 24, 2016
byvan03:

Actually I have a phobia for babies generally now. I rather carry another's child and return it quickly when the euphoria of babysitting wanes, I don't want any for keep anymore grin. Am scared of cultism too, I just focus on grooming their conscience, guiding and backing up with prayers.

Not really a phobia for girls, but an over protective kind of love . A lot of odds are against them just by virtue of their gender and I hate that passionately. I just love them way too much and if i had them, they will probably be amazons. Being that delicate flower is a hard pill for me to swallow. Imagine trying to correct a barber and he goes " is it a woman that will teach a man how to cut hair"? I had to let him know that this woman here is paying for your services and so you will do exactly as she says, he eventually apologised because he didn't see the drama coming . So annoying!

In an ideal world, I would love to have 12 daughters but in reality...let me hoard my daughters till Africans' perception of women changes. My girls need to play on a level ground, I hope I won't be sterile by then grin.

Hahaha... nice! I rily want a daughter now tho...just 1. ..a lookalike. Dunno how my mum handled 3 babes but she did a great job. Wish I took notes early enuff but I know I can handle one female child.

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by MadCow1: 10:24am On May 24, 2016
Knightngale:
Men who keep having female children are considered weaklings, I have heard people say " a man hasn't given birth until he has a male child" others consider female children "half current", I was at a naming ceremony when the mother of two girls was told by the pastor, "don't worry, your next set of children will be boys, don't feel bad". A Mother having the 3rd female child in a row is likely to go home depressed, even if she has a husband who doesn't care.

It's good to have both sexes, if they come, but if a woman keeps having female kids, I don't think it should be an issue.

In today's word were women are strong and near independent, female children are no longer like properties and liabilities as they were.

Females can now inherit properties in almost all cultures, so the issue of having no one to name inheritance over is now a now non issue.

Female children are the ones who really look after parents at old age. A male child is busy with his immediate family, he could send money to his parent once in a while, but the female child gives attention more to aged parents.

For those who disagree, what is the special advantage of having a male child?

You want to re-invent the wheel or what?

Why do you think even Gods only child was a Boy? grin

3 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by byvan03: 10:34am On May 24, 2016
Creamish:

Hahaha... nice! I rily want a daughter now tho...just 1. ..a lookalike. Dunno how my mum handled 3 babes but she did a great job. Wish I took notes early enuff but I know I can handle one female child.

If not that babies terrify me now,this is just the right time to seek out a babe or two,when I have defenders in place to champion their course grin.
Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by marbee(f): 11:01am On May 24, 2016
"Pickin na pickin" Raising them right is all that matters, regardless of the sex.

They can be nice,caring and hardworking depends on how you nurture them to be.

As regarding the thread, am sure everyone will want a strong and loving male child that can take care of all the manly duties in the house.

3 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by laribari(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2016
Knightngale:
so will you be ok with 3 female children only?

Can you actually choose?

I'm just wondering. Nor go be like those destiny changers o!

people wey dey use scientific or diabolical means determine sex of a child instead of leaving it to God.

In as much as i desire both sex but still, let's God will be done.

It's okay to desire something but that is why some people born full everywhere like rabbit because them dey find boy, meanwhile dem never chop belle full.

Me wey just enter the club with my first child now, i know how much things cost for Market now grin

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by laribari(m): 2:35pm On May 24, 2016
This OP self, na wah for you.

You for kukuma talk am well that it is irrelevant to give birth to a Female child in today's world.

Nor worry, i help you interpret your question well well since the emphasis is on the importance of a male child. grin

Nor let all those ladies catch you o cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by TV01(m): 3:24pm On May 24, 2016
Knightngale:
this was interesting to read smiley
Cheers. Life is in the experience and the memories. We thank God.

troy20:
just when i was about to pretend not give to a fvck whatever sex comes out eventually, i saw your fourth line.that's so unfair....been having those fantasies of me and me little boy going for such moments really... and am yet to even get married. there are still very much alot of people who wish more that that birth is male child.this is more so for the many more different reasons male children have been preferred.
People can pretend away grin...who doesn't have a vision for their marriage, or dreams of, and for their family?

Men and women have hopes and desires around this- even if different, and even if for different reasons. If a woman desires a daughter, is it wrong for her husband to desire a son or vice-versa, or positions reversed??

I wanted sons and as many children as possible. My wife wanted no more than 2 children, and gave little thought to whether they were male/female or a mix. I would have been more upset with 2 daughters than she would have been with 2 sons. But with 2 sons, I would never have known the delight of having a daughter.

She may well be more satisfied, we are both overjoyed, and perhaps equally content. In all, we love what we have, with all we have. Funny isn't it, there was a time I thought marriage and kids may not happen.

We are human and we are in some ways insatiable. Always desirous of more, or of what others have, or thinking we have more than others - very evident in marriage and family life cheesy.

TV

4 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by TV01(m): 3:27pm On May 24, 2016
Ewuro4:
TV01... 'Orange looking thing' grin It's amazing they're always orange or pink. Your last paragraph is powerful. Glad to see I'm not the only parent with that thought. How you dey?
Holá Jide, we are fine thanks...I trust likewise. How was your hiatus? Back sharper than ever I see grin. Who would swap their babies shocked - of whatever sex?

TV

2 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by zik4ever: 3:27pm On May 24, 2016
I want male children because I want my name to continue: "You name your estates after yourself as though your lands could be forever yours and you could live on them eternally" (Psalm 49:11 Life Application). "Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue forever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names" (KJV).
Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by Knightngale(f): 3:38pm On May 24, 2016
TV01:

TV
whats the meaning of TV? Television?
Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by laribari(m): 4:15pm On May 24, 2016
zik4ever:
I want male children because I want my name to continue: "You name your estates after yourself as though your lands could be forever yours and you could live on them eternally" (Psalm 49:11 Life Application). "Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue forever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names" (KJV).

Bros, God is not a respecter of persons and that scripture is not based on sexual status.

There are great women in this world whose name will forever be, such as Queen Elizabeth, Madam Efuroye Tinibu, Funmilayo Ransome Kuti.
where are their husbands? Na the wives dey bring the fame in some cases self.

These days Ladies attach their father's name to their husband's name and the legacy continues. Their husband nor dey mind self again if the person populargrin

Nor be person wey get beta name go want make him name continue?

Celebrity and influential daughters always carries their father's name because of the legacy.

If you truly have a legacy, don't worry e nor fit lost.

3 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by raumdeuter: 4:45pm On May 24, 2016
byvan03:
Actually the truth in your heart betrayed your effort to romanticise the female child, it's obvious from your hiding behind curtains that a male child matters a lot to you. My submission is a clear as day, I don't seek approval, so I state it as it matters to me. You can't accept my response as honest because you are far from honest by projecting the opposite of what you mean, then lace it with sugar icing to confound...I wonder who.

All these people know the truth in their mind
Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by bukatyne(f): 5:34pm On May 24, 2016
byvan03:

You will bring up very strong amazons if you have daughters. Don't see it another way cheesy

Must definitely train my daughters to be amazons too. No time for whimpy girls o!grin

Better chop small small grin I foresee beautiful girl ejimmas for you tongue

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by byvan03: 5:51pm On May 24, 2016
bukatyne:

You will bring up very strong amazons if you have daughters. Don't see it another way cheesy

Must definitely train my daughters to be amazons too. No time for whimpy girls o!grin

Better chop small small grin I foresee beautiful girl ejimmas for you tongue

Twins with this 100 - 150naira per tomatoes abi grin? E go make sense wella cheesy. I discovered my true calling, heading to convent so no more chopping.
Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by byvan03: 6:01pm On May 24, 2016
raumdeuter:

All these people know the truth in their mind

Thank you!
Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 24, 2016
Totally irrelevant!! kiss kiss

Anyone God gives you, goes!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by zik4ever: 9:32am On May 25, 2016
laribari:

Bros, God is not a respecter of persons and that scripture is not based on sexual status.

There are great women in this world whose name will forever be, such as Queen Elizabeth, Madam Efuroye Tinibu, Funmilayo Ransome Kuti.
where are their husbands? Na the wives dey bring the fame in some cases self.

These days Ladies attach their father's name to their husband's name and the legacy continues. Their husband nor dey mind self again if the person populargrin

Nor be person wey get beta name go want make him name continue?
Thanks bro. Exactly my point, that we don't need to bother whether male or female. I was replying rather sarcastically to the school of thought that wants male children ONLY for the sake of perpetuating their name. The scripture here admonishes against desperation to perpetuate our names. Key thing is, is your name written in the book of life? If not, why not?

Celebrity and influential daughters always carries their father's name because of the legacy.

If you truly have a legacy, don't worry e nor fit lost.

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by Kaira333: 3:51pm On May 25, 2016
God please I need both.

1 Like

Re: How Relevant Is Bearing A Male Child In Today's World? by Duru009(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2016
Both are blessing in today's world...
Mind you, dis is 21st century

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Four Children Not Mine / Pls Help Me, I Luv My Husband But He Feels Disrespected / A Worried Husband Asks If It Is Proper To Share A Bathing Sponge With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.