Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? (2881 Views)

At Least 5 Front Page Daily News On Apostle Suleiman On NL What A Blackmail! / How Fayose Begged Zenith Bank To Cover Up The Source Of His Election Funds - SR / Buhari: The Unbiased Report: What We Expected,(what We Got Report By Idu Paul) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by bettercreature(m): 10:30pm On May 23, 2016
So i was reading my google news jejeli this morning,na so i refreshed the page to my surprise almost all the news papers in the world started written about Luis van gaals sack and suddenly another news popped up that Man united stock has increased in the New York stock exchange market because of news of Luis Van Gaals sack.
Then i asked a friend why people are very sure luis van gaal would be sacked today to the extend that some news paper were creating a live blog for it since the fake news has been making round since december
Then he told me it was simply because BBC and skynews Reported it,that any news from those two sources is always 90 percent accurate.
so i want to ask

Do we have a credible news source in NIGERIA?
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 23, 2016
Umm Nairaland..hahahaha

It brings all the sources together and leaves you to separate the chaff from the wheat.

wink

5 Likes

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by bettercreature(m): 4:08pm On May 24, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Umm Nairaland..hahahaha

It brings all the sources together and leaves you to separate the chaff from the wheat.

wink
Nairaland news are mostly personal opinion or hearsay but you are right about bringing all the sources together

4 Likes

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 4:23pm On May 24, 2016
Channels and saharareporters, are the most reliable.
Sunnews and the nations are the most biased.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by bettercreature(m): 4:26pm On May 24, 2016
Kyase:
50 percent of sahara reporters news are accurate,they rely solely on insiders in government agencies,you are right about channels,they are one of the best but i believe in Tribune and Vanguard
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2016
bettercreature:
50 percent of sahara reporters news are accurate,they rely solely on insiders in government agencies,you are right about channels,they are one of the best but i believe in Tribune and Vanguard
For tribune yes but vanguard is a no go area, they are partisan
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by bettercreature(m): 4:34pm On May 24, 2016
Kyase:

For tribune yes but vanguard is a no go area, they are partisan
There is nothing wrong with vanguard they have a very high reputation,the sun is a Pro igbo news paper

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 24, 2016
bettercreature:
Nairaland news are mostly personal opinion or hearsay but you are right about bringing all the sources together

Yeah. Correct.
There is a difference between the Topics as News and Posts on personal opinions.

News is usually picked from various media and referenced. If they are not people ask for the source or "sauce". After the news, people then post their personal opinions on the matter.

On the other hand topics like "Why do Ibos want Biafra" are personal opinions followed by more personal opinions.
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 4:39pm On May 24, 2016
bettercreature:
There is nothing wrong with vanguard they have a very high reputation,the sun is a Pro igbo news paper
Vanguard get issues oo bros.
They are pro PDP, everyone knows that, they only try to cover up sometimes.
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2016
Only eye witness accounts is reliable in Nigeria.
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by bettercreature(m): 4:54pm On May 24, 2016
Kyase:

Vanguard get issues oo bros.
They are pro PDP, everyone knows that, they only try to cover up sometimes.
They will switch to APC within the next few months,maybe PDP campaign fund is still at work
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Vicadonis(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2016
Channels will solve all your problems. They don't report without confirmation
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by bettercreature(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2016
Vicadonis:
Channels will solve all your problems. They don't report without confirmation
Channels only disseminates less than 10 percent of Nigerias News,you will need other sources couple with linda ikeji blog to get the complete news

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by MarysMeal: 5:07pm On May 24, 2016
Osun Defender grin.
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2016
bettercreature:
They will switch to APC within the next few months,maybe PDP campaign fund is still at work
I tell you
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by happen2: 5:40pm On May 24, 2016
Alaroye new paper angry
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2016
I give it to Channels,
there coverage might be limited, but they are unbiased.
forget sun , the are more of a storybook, and there is no difference btw vanguard and a blog.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by modath(f): 6:26pm On May 24, 2016
Kyase:

Nope Vanguard holds that title, Nation is its young bros.

Sometimes i wonder if Vanguard doesn't have editors.. Inflammatory headlines and divisive contents..

The cable is ok too...
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:01pm On May 24, 2016
Can see you've changed your signature, is it now getting serious. undecided
modath:

Sometimes i wonder if Vanguard doesn't have editors.. Inflammatory headlines and divisive contents..

The cable is ok too...
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2016
modath:

The cable is ok too...
Yea the cable is ok but it lacks updates.
Vanguard is a ...........
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by modath(f): 7:22pm On May 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Can see you've changed your signature, is it now getting serious. undecided

Yes i have, and something cool is really coming... smiley

Kyase:

Yea the cable is ok but it lacks updates.
Vanguard is a ...........

Updates like how? They can't manufacture news now. cheesy cheesy

I'd rather quality that is few and far between than just churning out OP-EDs disguised as News...

Vanguard is lipsrsealed but in its comment section lives the very evil & horrific.... I wonder how some people live with themselves..
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 7:58pm On May 24, 2016
modath:

I'd rather quality that is few and far between than just churning out OP-EDs disguised as News...

Vanguard is lipsrsealed but in its comment section lives the very evil & horrific.... I wonder how some people live with themselves..
Lol at least they should, do the sahara way na ie the cables, sahara reporters dey hunt for news.
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2016
modath:

Hope I will be among the first to know and get the cool
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by modath(f): 8:13pm On May 24, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Hope I will be among the first to know and get the cool

Box..
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:16pm On May 24, 2016
I don't think the question is about being biased but one with more reliable news of things that are about to happen.
I won't give it to any tv station or radio.
I think my 3best are all online media, namely; Premium Times, Sahara Reporters and Cable. Others tell us things you can also think of if you meditate well.
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Igbiboi: 8:21pm On May 24, 2016
I don't care what anyone has to say, for me it is Vanguard, naij.com, radio-Biafra, and thisday newspaper. These are the most unbiased sources to me.
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by CSTR6: 8:25pm On May 24, 2016
I was expecting somebody to mention the nation and osun defender. grin

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:06pm On May 24, 2016
modath:

I see boxes

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by bettercreature(m): 9:25pm On May 24, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
I don't think the question is about being biased but one with more reliable news of things that are about to happen.
I won't give it to any tv station or radio.
I think my 3best are all online media, namely; Premium Times, Sahara Reporters and Cable. Others tell us things you can also think of if you meditate well.
You mentioned all the clueless news papers in Nigeria,We have seen sahara reporters apologizing to Nigerians several times for hiring fake news,premium times always hire second hand news ,the cable is not popular
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by OlujobaSamuel: 12:47am On May 25, 2016
bettercreature:
You mentioned all the clueless news papers in Nigeria,We have seen sahara reporters apologizing to Nigerians several times for hiring fake news,premium times always hire second hand news ,the cable is not popular
the question asked by the op is on who give anticipated correct news about events in the country. I can't really think of any other.
your words apologizing several times, I don't really get that, can you point out 3occasions?
pt hire* 2nd hand news? in what way?
it's not a popularity contest but reliability.
*what do you mean by that, you used it twice, is that a jargon in journalism?
Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by DeAfricana: 3:33am On May 25, 2016
i think is only thisday that can give up to 60 percent acuracy in news in nigeria the rest are
pro pdp or pro apc even chanels will not like to broadcast news if the news is very damaging
to APC image

1 Like

Re: What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria? by Ooni: 6:34am On May 25, 2016
Op Guardian, and vanguard are the best. Foreign news outfits do quote the sometimes

most biased are saharareporters and the nations

(1) (2) (Reply)

Step Down Now... NBA Tells Arrested Judges / JUST IN: Radio Biafra Goes Gaga, Discloses Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabouts / Facts That Buhari Will Win 2019 Election Against Any Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.