Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:55 PM

N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation (14483 Views)

Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / N5,000: FG Initiates Biometric Data Collation / Azubuike Chikere-Wanjoku Storms INEC Collation Centre,Wants Return Of N12m Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by gglimited: 8:34am On May 24, 2016
tooman:
FG will , FG to. but nothing IMPLEMENTED PROJECT.
i tire ohhh

1 Like

Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Nobody: 8:36am On May 24, 2016
I pray this stuff works
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Temmytea70(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2016
misscall247:
I regret being a Nigerian.............#nothin works out here#

mess

You're wrong... .. Corruption works out pretty well

1 Like

Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by MadCow1: 8:58am On May 24, 2016
rose54321:
We need an effective database management system, I wonder WHY NIMC is still issuing ID cards??

How can you issue card to people that are not traceable, no adequate housing numbering system, no personal identificationnumber, no nothing and you are issuing identification cards.

We need a consolidated database, a centralized database, not just the segmented BVN database, National population commission database, NIMC database and now the database for the vulnerable .

Currently, we have over 10 dfferent national databases and non of them has been harmonized.

Nigerian Immigrations Database: International Passport.

Federal Road Safety Database: Drivers License.

Nigerian Police Database: "Police Character Database", "Tint permit Database".

Telecommunications: Sim Card registration Database.

Banks: Bank Verification Number Database.

National Identity Management Commission (NIMC): National Identification Card Database.

Independent National Electoral Commssion (INEC): National Voters Card Database.

National Health Insurance scheme (NHIS): Data base.

This is not to mention the other smaller bits and pockets of databases that exist o! Like the Biometric databases of Federal Pensioners, that for state pensioners, e.t.c.

It just goes to show how useless the fhucking system really is and how clueless our Leaders really are.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Nicur: 8:59am On May 24, 2016
lol All People Confused party!! I thought Buhari said no 5k?? besides 5k now is useless sef angry
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by chinnasa: 9:07am On May 24, 2016
Chai 5k grin Just to collect 5k. this government sha sad
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Horus(m): 9:13am On May 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnpGVnGVqU8

[size=14pt]Harmonising Bio-metric Data Collection in Nigeria - Pt 1[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gem96UMhYHY

[size=14pt]Harmonising Bio-metric Data Collection in Nigeria - Pt 2[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0B-ZgU-qcU

[size=14pt]Harmonising Bio-metric Data Collection in Nigeria - Pt 3 [/size]

A harmonised National Bio-metric Data will give Nigeria a credible database of its population and greatly help security agencies ensure security of lives and property.

It will also help the government meet the basic needs of the people.

Nigeria's President, Muhammadu Buhari had called for the harmonisation of the national bio-metric data collection.

He had wondered why each agency would gather its own data when such date could be shared.

1 Like

Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by gfullmoon(m): 9:18am On May 24, 2016
rose54321:
We need an effective database management system, I wonder WHY NIMC is still issuing ID cards??

How can you issue card to people that are not traceable, no adequate housing numbering system, no personal identificationnumber, no nothing and you are issuing identification cards.

We need a consolidated database, a centralized database, not just the segmented BVN database, National population commission database, NIMC database and now the database for the vulnerable .

The new National eID Card issued currently by NIMC is inbuild with National Identification Number (NIN)(which serves as Personal identifier that can never be duplicated once successfully issued ) which is issued instantly upon registration and which is even more valuable than the card itself. It also has Master Card enabled payment platform which if FG utilize in this Social Security Benefit, the vulnerable will actually receive their benefit without much stress. NIMC also manages a National Data Base (NDB) which the President had asked all data collecting agency to aline with them to enhance a Central Data Base for all Nigerians.
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Femiartalade(m): 9:22am On May 24, 2016
psychologist:
Tor

Hope they pay me my 11 months arrears

5000×9=55000
sad

U sabi maths so
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Ximonak: 9:27am On May 24, 2016
rose54321:

I wonder why people have not asked why database management don't work when it comes to Federal Government side. If banks can have working database management with less funds/profit Base mind, why can't FG work...
My answer because those in power(APC/PDP/KOWA etc) know that it will give the masses back the control of power which they don't want.

Imagine banks are incharge of production of voters cards; mean reduction of underage, no more ghost cards names/pix, fingerprint will work so you can use 100cards with one thumb (I did PVC distribution, voter registration,PO) so I know the flaws and corruption in the system.

I have TIN and NIM card now it's Bio(more ways for embezzlement, since funds will be released)
Nigeria wake up, wakeup
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by 18SNVL: 9:38am On May 24, 2016
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Nobody: 9:40am On May 24, 2016
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ON ANOTHER 419 INFO TECH VENTURE.. we have already gone through 6 nationwide Biometric Exercise includign 2 elections.. what happened to the Data.. another BIOMETRIC Equipment SCAM!!! just like our 2 expensive Satellites in space managed from Surrey and paying salaries in dollars.. BUHARI is a scammer if he does not probe this BIOMETRIC exercise
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Ximonak: 9:44am On May 24, 2016
gfullmoon:

The new National eID Card issued currently by NIMC is inbuild with National Identification Number (NIN)(which serves Personal identifier that can never be duplicated) which is issued instantly upon registration and which is even more valuable than the card itself. It also has Master Card enabled payment platform which if FG utilize in this Social Security Benefit, the vulnerable will actually receive their benefit without much stress. NIMC also manages a National Data Base (NDB) which the President had asked all data collecting agency to aline with them to enhance a Central Data Base for all Nigerians.

For now Mastercard works for only Access Bank, they said latter they will include other banks.
But the issue is why is FG not enforcing the NIM the way BVN was enforce.
NIM will be the best thing if fully independent and managed properly... all other cards will be integrated to NIM database.
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Nobody: 9:49am On May 24, 2016
reading between the lines... this 5k is for the poor masses and not specific to unemployed graduates...
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by donjerry1(m): 10:05am On May 24, 2016
#5000! to alleviate poverty? dis is a joke.now i i kn our leaders are visionless, some persons we even finish dat in 3 days and suffering continues.
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by jojothaiv(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2016
adren:
I won't be suprised if some of my people still believe in this..

To do this isn't impossible in all entirety.. As a matter of fact, switzerland pays over half of its citizen about 10,000 pounds monthly just to reduce poverty..

However, there are two major problems;
1. when?? My instincts tells me that they are going to kickstart this programme and the "feed all pupils" project 2 months to the end of their tenure..

2. How?? 5k multiplied by about 100 million nigerians in 3 remaining years.. Who is kidding who?? And if this is done, before it gets down into the hands of the masses who needs them, the money who have been bisected and handicapped by different top government officials.. So, you may only get #700 out of the disbursed 5k.. And who dare complains, since it is free money..

At least, half bread is better than undone buns..

My people, we can only rise to this challenge and scam by our politicians.. Forget the name APC or PDP.. They occupy both by cross-carpeting every time..

We should start scrutinising candidates we choose to represent and lead us..

They are not Doing us a favour.. We are only giving them a priviledge and opportunity..
But some of us even with this your epistle will still carry their voters card and vote for the same person come 2019...

As for the #5000, Oluwa abeg shine your light, my lifelong ambition is still to make life easier for others by making them their own boss and making money off themselves and not waiting on any white elephant project here and there...
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by derecho(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2016
I wonder who advises these people.What will N5000 do for the so-called poor?Why not empower the productive lot? Some of these guys can do one thing or the other.Get a database of the unemployed generally,Group them according to interest and capability,fund them and give them a target under seasoned Supervisors.Wait and see the multipliers effect.

Alternatively,subsidize goods patronized by poor and tax goods exclusive to the rich.Instead of wasting money you claim is non-existent
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by linusbnn(m): 11:03am On May 24, 2016
In2systemsTech:
really a good idea if handled and managed well

Abeg when them wan do am?. Everyday we hear government to do this and that,i only wonder when
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by blackboy2star(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2016
Waste....
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Ximonak: 11:18am On May 24, 2016
MadCow1:

Currently, we have over 10 dfferent national databases and non of them has been harmonized.

It just goes to show how useless the fhucking system really is and how clueless our Leaders really are.

Bro and the way they make it seems as if Harmonizing all together is climbing Mount. Everest or 100years project.
Just because they know the positive reforms it will bring to the masses so. Anything that will benefit the masses is delayed/stopped by our politicians (right from military till now).
The benefits are dangers to politicians

Some benefits of Harmonising all these data
* BVN, TIN, NIM, EPassport all these makes the EFCC(Under good governance) work easy. Embezzlement will drop, a with corrupt practices

* Voting will be more credible Underage voters will be detected, clone cards and ghost people will be exposed

*finger print - police work better, less crime rate.

Why Nigeria?
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by rose54321: 12:11pm On May 24, 2016
gfullmoon:

The new National eID Card issued currently by NIMC is inbuild with National Identification Number (NIN)(which serves as Personal identifier that can never be duplicated once successfully issued ) which is issued instantly upon registration and which is even more valuable than the card itself. It also has Master Card enabled payment platform which if FG utilize in this Social Security Benefit, the vulnerable will actually receive their benefit without much stress. NIMC also manages a National Data Base (NDB) which the President had asked all data collecting agency to aline with them to enhance a Central Data Base for all Nigerians.

Above you listed the added features on the card, I don't doubt it can do all you mentioned, but let's go backwards;

A national identification card is basically a card with digitally embedded information - photo ID, basic bio metrics which includes most importantly thumbs print. It's sole purpose is to establish an individual's identity.

Can my identity really be established with my current NIMC ID, yes it has my picture, names, but is that all needed to identify me?

Can my residential abode be traced NO,
Can my thumbprint be used for identification, for instance if obtained at a crime scene NO,
Is there's any certainty that the age on my ID, is my actual and not official age NO,

Before issuing ID card the following should be in place:

The NIMC needs to work with the national population commission, once an individual is given a birth certificate, s/he should be issued a ID card to be renewed at a set interval.

All LG local govt need to undertake house numbering, any location where people live or can reach should be numbered - steet address and house number.

This address will be synced with NEPA and other agencies that send bills, banks that send dividends etc.
To obtain a NIMC card you need to show either an affidavit from the owner of the house that you live there or a copy of a utility bill with your name.

This is just a tip of the iceberg, the lists of actions needed is endless. All the authorities need to do is little research.
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by gfullmoon(m): 3:01pm On May 24, 2016
rose54321:

Above you listed the added features on the card, I don't doubt it can do all you mentioned, but let's go backwards;

A national identification card is basically a card with digitally embedded information - photo ID, basic bio metrics which includes most importantly thumbs print. It's sole purpose is to establish an individual's identity.

Can my identity really be established with my current NIMC ID, yes it has my picture, names, but is that all needed to identify me?

Can my residential abode be traced NO,
Can my thumbprint be used for identification, for instance if obtained at a crime scene NO,
Is there's any certainty that the age on my ID, is my actual and not official age NO,

Before issuing ID card the following should be in place:

The NIMC needs to work with the national population commission, once an individual is given a birth certificate, s/he should be issued a ID card to be renewed at a set interval.

All LG local govt need to undertake house numbering, any location where people live or can reach should be numbered - steet address and house number.

This address will be synced with NEPA and other agencies that send bills, banks that send dividends etc.
To obtain a NIMC card you need to show either an affidavit from the owner of the house that you live there or a copy of a utility bill with your name.

This is just a tip of the iceberg, the lists of actions needed is endless. All the authorities need to do is little research.

This new NIMC eID Card is electronic card that goes through electronic card reader or system or EPKI for verification and Authentication. So card holders or NIN acquired Applicants can be verified with their thumb print etc. And it expires every five years once it's issued to give room for update and the NIN issuance is ones in a life time ie you cannot successfully have two NIN, that is why in NIMC I am told they have a slogan, '' You can only lie to us once, and live with the lie(s) through out the rest of your life. Because you cannot get the NIN twice. You are right, there's no reliable data base for authenticating date of birth, addresses etc. But the NIN can do it. And Applicants are encouraged to present their real data for the enrolment . In NIN registration Applicants are mandated to come with supporting document spanning from Date of Birth Certificate, Degree, FSLC, SSCE Certificate etc so that they will not deny tomorrow what they presented . Hence, assuming you forged any of them and register with it , and your details successfully captured and your NIN issued. Any day such a person will wish to register with his/her real Identity it will not work . The tendency of Nigerians in having "multiple " dates of birth will be a thing of past as even Banks are no longer tolerating it, that is why most people that registered for the BVN whose date of birth in their document did not tallied with their record were called back for revalidation.
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 24, 2016
Does anything ever work efficiently in this country?, even this money, people with high paying jobs will be the one to get paid
Re: N5,000: FG To Use Biometric Data Collation by Amehdan(m): 4:00pm On May 24, 2016
as long as APC remain in government,I would not come down from this plantain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Nigeria Will Mark 58th Independence Anniversary – SGF / I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari / 2023: Badaru Directs All Political Appointees Eyeing Politics Offices To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.