Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? (1659 Views)

APC Mustn’t Behave Like PDP, Tinubu Replies Okorocha / Governor Impregnates A Corper; NYSC Member Serving In His State - SDK's Rumour / Soyinka: "Why Is President Buhari Hiding His State Of Health?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ImpersonatorSS: 9:22am On May 24, 2016
We are not new to Fayose's highly critical(right and wrong) stance on this administration.

And now his decision to confront the Fulani herdsmen headlong not minding that the current CDS appointed by PMB is an Ekiti man.

I ask, can any Igbo man behave like Fayose if the Chief of Defence Staff were from his state? Won't he just look the other way in the name of our son is the CDS?

This is food for thought for the Igbos.

All it will take for the Igbos(majority of them) to make a u-turn from their current hatred for PMB and start worshipping him is for for PMB to pick an Igbo as running mate in 2019 and start giving Igbos top class appointments.

The way Igbos flocked PMB's residence immediately after GEJ's loss at the polls is most shameful and pathetic.

Igbos must learn to stand for something.

1 Like

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by cckris: 10:00am On May 24, 2016
Fayose has thanked Pres Buhari for the appointment.

Fayose doesn't interfere with the Military.

But Fayose MUST protest the Fulani MASSACRE of Ekiti people.

This your thread can run 20 pages, if you make it a TRIBAL battlefield between Igbos & Yorubas.

Usually VERY enjoyable.

7 Likes

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ImpersonatorSS: 10:09am On May 24, 2016
cckris:
Fayose has thanked Pres Buhari for the appointment.

Fayose doesn't interfere with the Military.

But Fayose MUST protest the Fulani MASSACRE of Ekiti people.

This your thread can run 20 pages, if you make it a TRIBAL battlefield between Igbos & Yorubas.

Usually VERY enjoyable.

I'm in full support of Fayose, mind you.
But my observation is that the Igbos are only cheering Fayose because of their hatred for PMB for a number of reasons.
Will they behave the same way if the CDS were Igbo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by blackpanda: 10:20am On May 24, 2016
Tribalism is one of our biggest problems in nigeria. When it comes to tribe, its like most of us lose our brain and degenerate into hate for each other.

That said, I dont think we accomplish anything by instigating violence. Fayose's move is very dangerous. Those hunters u give weapons today will become the armed robbers and kidnappers of tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by madone: 10:20am On May 24, 2016
igbos are move by greed and patrotism.its difficult for them to agree on a thing..

1 Like

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by Nobody: 10:22am On May 24, 2016
V
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by Nobody: 10:23am On May 24, 2016
Nawa oh! How many igbos have you interviewed to make the assertion that igbos all hate PMB. Theres are yorubas and hausas who do not support him either.

Which Igbo flocked PMB residence? Were you the one that opened the door for them at his residence?

All this tribal bashing is not going to get us anywhere as a country, neither will it add money to your bank account.

I dont even understand the point of this your post sef

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by AustineE1: 10:24am On May 24, 2016
Shewunoshewa:
We are not new to Fayose's highly critical(right and wrong) stance on this administration.

And now his decision to confront the Fulani herdsmen headlong not minding that the current CDS appointed by PMB is an Ekiti man.

I ask, can any Igbo man behave like Fayose if the Chief of Defence Staff were from his state? Won't he just look the other way in the name of our son is the CDS?

All it will take for the Igbos(majority of them) to make a u-turn from their current hatred for PMB and start worshipping him is for for PMB to pick an Igbo as running mate in 2019 and start giving Igbos top class appointments.

The way Igbos flocked PMB's residence immediately after GEJ's loss at the polls is most shameful and pathetic.

so all of a sudden,Fayose is now a Yoruba hero,your double stand as a people has broken world record. Can you explain to us your reasons for detesting GEJ?firstly,your people complained of marginalizatn and then a high powered committee led by OBJ approached GEJ and insisted that he must make a Yoruba the speaker of House of Rep.failure for which he lost their support.
Can you also tell us why they Yorubas refused to support PMB in his previous elections?it is simply because he used a non Yoruba as his vice,precisely he used Chuba Okadigbo an Igbo man.
While the Igbos standing firm as usual,never supported PMB,even when an Igbo man was his vice,knowing his antecedent.
Hence,this same PMB whom the Yorubas so much detested and called all sorts of names using parapo ngb*ti press,suddenly became an angel when it became obvious that his deputy is going to come from South West.
Can you in all honesty tell me that you wld ve given thesame level of support you gave to PMB,if the deputy were either,Ngige,Rochas or Amaechi? Pls this questn is begging for an urgent answer!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ImpersonatorSS: 10:31am On May 24, 2016
AustineE1:

so all of a sudden,Fayose is now a Yoruba hero,your double stand as a people has broken world record. Can you explain to us your reasons for detesting GEJ?firstly,your people complained of marginalizatn and then a high powered committee led by OBJ approached GEJ and insisted that he must make a Yoruba the speaker of House of Rep.failure for which he lost their support.
Can you also tell us why they Yorubas refused to support PMB in his previous elections?it is simply because he used a non Yoruba as his vice,precisely he used Chuba Okadigbo an Igbo man.
While the Igbos standing firm as usual,never supported PMB,even when an Igbo man was his vice,knowing his antecedent.
Hence,this same PMB whom the Yorubas so much detested and called all sorts of names using parapo Yoruba press,suddenly became an angel when it became obvious that his deputy is going to come from South West.
Can you in all honesty tell me that you wld ve given thesame level of support you gave to PMB,if the deputy were either,Ngige,Rochas or Amaechi? Pls this questn is begging for an urgent answer!

Was GEJ's deputy a Yoruba man when we back him all the way from being Acting President in 2011 to substantive president in 2015?

Why didnt we because of Tunde Bakare back PMB in 2011?

Why? Why??

As regards Fayose, it is naive APC Yorubas that hate him. Don't be decieved.

1 Like

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ImpersonatorSS: 10:33am On May 24, 2016
nwanna89:
Nawa oh! How many igbos have you interviewed to make the assertion that igbos all hate PMB. Theres are yorubas and hausas who do not support him either.

Which Igbo flocked PMB residence? Were you the one that opened the door for them at his residence?

All this tribal bashing is not going to get us anywhere as a country, neither will it add money to your bank account.

I dont even understand the point of this your post sef

I said majority of Igbos.

And yes, Igbos (politicians and businessmen) flocked PMB's residence to beg for forgiveness and appointments.

I'm not good at posting links else I would have posted a lot.

1 Like

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ki02020(m): 10:44am On May 24, 2016
blackpanda:
Tribalism is one of our biggest problems in nigeria. When it comes to tribe, its like most of us lose our brain and degenerate into hate for each other.

That said, I dont think we accomplish anything by instigating violence. Fayose's move is very dangerous. Those hunters u give weapons today will become the armed robbers and kidnappers of tomorrow

So it is no longer an issue of yoruba are coward it is now about the consequencies of his action undecided
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by blackpanda: 10:46am On May 24, 2016
ki02020:

So it is no longer an issue of yoruba are coward it is now about the consequencies of his action undecided

Must u be tribalistic?? Is it so impossible to think rationally
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by overall90: 10:47am On May 24, 2016
I remember when Olu Falae was kidnapped,there was not a single thread created on NL by any yoruba person to condemn the activities of this fulani marauders instead what we saw then was that all the venom was directed towards the east(ss and se)as being responsible for the kidnap until there was an incontrovertible evidence that it was done by the fulani herdsmen
now again ,Fayose have taken this bold step to check the activities of this people,the only thing that this op can come up is this thrash about igbo this and igbo that.
i do not know what your intentions are,but note that igbos and yorubas are not the only tribe in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by Nobody: 10:47am On May 24, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

And yes, Igbos (politicians and businessmen) flocked PMB's residence to beg for forgiveness and appointments.

Buhari is not God. He must not be liked by everyone. If a section of the country does not like him, as leader he has to correct the impression of him.

But as i said, all you have said applies to other tribes of the country, not just igbos. There are yorubas who dont like him e.g fayose, mimiko, fani kayode. There are hausas who dont like him e.g shekarau, all boko haram members maybe, shias who got killed, etc.

So i dont understand why you are affixiated on igbos. I personally do not dislike PMB, i just dont agree with his economic policies. Lets promote unity on this forum, not hatred

2 Likes

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ki02020(m): 10:51am On May 24, 2016
blackpanda:

Must u be tribalistic?? Is it so impossible to think rationally

Yes

Some people deserve a taste of their poison
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by blackpanda: 10:53am On May 24, 2016
ki02020:

Yes

Some people deserve a taste of their poison

Well then its unfortunate
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ckmayoca: 10:58am On May 24, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

Igbo leaders must be careful of whatever order they give cos the nation will robe the person after. Igbos r at a sensitive position right now. They r looking for any mistake to wrap around them and make them the bad people.
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by AustineE1: 11:01am On May 24, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

i may no longer honour you with a response,you sound too empty,imagine saying 'majority of Igbos' besieged PMB for forgiveness and what have you! An ethnic group of over forty million people,meaning about thirty million or more Igbos trooped to PMBs office for the so-called 'forgiveness'. Your reasoning is so much screwed that you now think its a sin to campaign or vote against PMB,forgiveness for what?
Even you Yorubas,including your Obas were flocking to GEJ for handout,if Igbos or any Igbo chooses to mingle with PMB for selfish or whatever benefit,it is his right,he is still a Nigerian for the time being and shouldnt be apologetic for doing that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ki02020(m): 11:06am On May 24, 2016
blackpanda:

Well then its unfortunate

Unfortunate
No it not

Is there anything unfortunate about telling a girl who said I am impotent to provide herself as medium test for the hypothesis
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by gidgiddy: 11:08am On May 24, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

I don't think you are moving with current times. Buhari ran on two different occasions with Igbo men (Chuba Okadigbo and Umeh-ezeoke) and we still did not vote for him. To this day, APC remains a dead party in Igboland, even in Imo where they are in power largely on the name of Rochas. In 2019 (if Nigeria hasn't disintegrated by then) even if Buhari runs with the Igwe of Onitsha,Igbos still will not vote him and he knows it. I think most Igbos have come to the realisation that national politics is a waste of time. That's why every Nigerian president since 1966 to date, both military and civilian, have ended up as failures while in office and messed the country up in the process. I think in 2019, Igbos will focus more on electing visionaries as their Governors and Local gov chairmen. We need more Obiano's in office not nincompoops who have nothing to offer. I'm sure most Igbos would rather have 5 or 6 Obiano's thst are working rather than have 100 incompetent people in Abuja including the president while the people suffer. Political positions don't mean what they used to mean, it hasn't helped the common man much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by kutchs: 11:18am On May 24, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

By 9:22 am when most people are in their offices, farms, shops etc. looking to find means to survive the harsh economic conditions of the day, all you find convenient to do is open a thread to attack the Igbo. Now tell me how much that has added to your bank account. Hatred shortens your life span , be warned.

In 1992, Bashir Tofa's choice of Dr. Sylvester Ugoh (God rests his soul) didn't sway Igbo votes to him, instead the Igbo voted overwhelming for MKO Abiola even with his Muslim VP. Many in Ugoh's village didn't vote for him because of their convinction that Abiola was a better candidate to Tofa.

In 2003, Buhari with Okadigbo (one of the most respected men in Igboland) could not win up to 20% of votes cast in Igboland. Obasanjo instead swept the votes, what does this tell you?

Contrary to your wrong assertions, Igbo vote based on convictions, they don't vote because their own is involved, otherwise Dim Ojukwu would have swept the votes from the SE when he ran against the aforementioned. Igbo have never taken to Buhari because they aren't convinced he has anything to offer. Until Buhari proves otherwise then the status quo will remain.

As for Igbo besieging Buhari's house in search of appointments as you claim, can you please name names of those who did, post links of these visits to justify your claim.
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by coolmc(m): 11:27am On May 24, 2016
gidgiddy:

I don't think you are moving with current times. Buhari ran on two different occasions with Igbo men (Chuba Okadigbo and Umeh-ezeoke) and we still did not vote for him. To this day, APC remains a dead party in Igboland, even in Imo where they are in power largely on the name of Rochas. In 2019 (if Nigeria hasn't disintegrated by then) even if Buhari runs with the Igwe of Onitsha,Igbos still will not vote him and he knows it. I think most Igbos have come to the realisation that national politics is a waste of time. That's why every Nigerian president since 1966 to date, both military and civilian, have ended up as failures while in office and messed the country up in the process. I think in 2019, Igbos will focus more on electing visionaries as their Governors and Local gov chairmen. We need more Obiano's in office not nincompoops who have nothing to offer. I'm sure most Igbos would rather have 5 or 6 Obiano's thst are working rather than have 100 incompetent people in Abuja including the president while the people suffer. Political positions don't mean what they used to mean, it hasn't helped the common man much
if were making a big point till u mention Obiano...... Dats when I stop reading..... Next tym use another person as example
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ImpersonatorSS: 11:35am On May 24, 2016
AustineE1:

i may no longer honour you with a response,you sound too empty,imagine saying 'majority of Igbos' besieged PMB for forgiveness and what have you! An ethnic group of over forty million people,meaning about thirty million or more Igbos trooped to PMBs office for the so-called 'forgiveness'. Your reasoning is so much screwed that you now think its a sin to campaign or vote against PMB,forgiveness for what?
Even you Yorubas,including your Obas were flocking to GEJ for handout,if Igbos or any Igbo chooses to mingle with PMB for selfish or whatever benefit,it is his right,he is still a Nigerian for the time being and shouldnt be apologetic for doing that.

I meant majority of Igbos hate PMB. There is hardly any Igbo person I've interacted with on and offline that doesn't have knocks for PMB.
A number of people from other tribes also hate him. True.

We all know Okorocha, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu and co to be PMB's henchmen in Igboland. Nobody is raising any eyebrow if they visit PMB.

But those who never associated with him prior to the election all started thronging his residence after his victory e.g. Orji Uzor Kalu, his mum, Ohanaeze, etc etc. It is this action I described as pathetic.

But for Lai Mohammed's pronouncements while he was still APC national publicity secretary that PDP defectors were not welcome in APC, virtually all the legislators from the SS/SE would have jumped ship. Fact!
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by kutchs: 11:54am On May 24, 2016
Shewunoshewa:

I meant majority of Igbos hate PMB. There is hardly any Igbo person I've interacted with on and offline that doesn't have knocks for PMB.
A number of people from other tribes also hate him. True.

We all know Okorocha, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu and co to be PMB's henchmen in Igboland. Nobody is raising any eyebrow if they visit PMB.

But those who never associated with him prior to the election all started thronging his residence after his victory e.g. Orji Uzor Kalu, his mum, Ohanaeze, etc etc. It is this action I described as pathetic.

But for Lai Mohammed's pronouncements while he was still APC national publicity secretary that PDP defectors were not welcome in APC, virtually all the legislators from the SS/SE would have jumped ship. Fact!
You complain that majority of Igbo hate Buhari, now give me one reason why they should like him.

How many core northerners especially the Muslim folks like Jonathan? How many votes did Jonathan get in the NW and NE regions in 2011 and 2015?

Did anyone crucify the north for not voting Jonathan in 2011? Why make it sound like Igbo are obliged morally and legally to vote for Buhari?

People like you are yet to appreciate the basic elements of democracy one of which includes 'free choice of candidates'. Igbo as with any other group are free to vote whomever they like, it's shouldn't be your business.
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by ImpersonatorSS: 2:04pm On May 24, 2016
kutchs:

You complain that majority of Igbo hate Buhari, now give me one reason why they should like him.

How many core northerners especially the Muslim folks like Jonathan? How many votes did Jonathan get in the NW and NE regions in 2011 and 2015?

Did anyone crucify the north for not voting Jonathan in 2011? Why make it sound like Igbo are obliged morally and legally to vote for Buhari?

People like you are yet to appreciate the basic elements of democracy one of which includes 'free choice of candidates'. Igbo as with any other group are free to vote whomever they like, it's shouldn't be your business.

I have no qualms with Igbos loving or hating whoever.

The title of this thread is a question.

Can you answer it?
Re: Will Any Igbo Man Behave Like Fayose If The CDS Were From His State? by seunny4lif(m): 2:13pm On May 24, 2016
grin grin grin
FAYOSE my hero grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Panic As U.S Probes Buhari, Suspends Nigeria / What Gov. Wike Told Fayose Over Bloody Rivers Rerun-sahara Reporters / I Support Biafra :rev Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.