Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,844 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons (29717 Views)

Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Comptroller-General Ja'afaru Ahmed Falsified His Age - Sahara Reporters / Ja’afaru Mohammed-Ibrahim Declared Winner Of Nasarawa-Toto Federal Constituency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by fujirice: 11:25pm On May 24, 2016
Buhari continue o!
Highest na 8 years.
But make una ready as this trend don start now. Make nobody complain when I do my own appointments
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by Brilli5gist: 12:12am On May 25, 2016
He is not the highest ranking officer.DCP is higher than ACP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by fabre4: 12:17am On May 25, 2016
dustmalik:
I remember reading on here a few weeks back, how a member of the security detail of the now sacked CG of Prison slapped a female member of the house of representatives. Today, he has been sacked.

He retired and was not sacked
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by fabre4: 12:18am On May 25, 2016
Guyman02:
The highest ranking Customs officer (Yoruba man) was bypassed for a retired Fulani soldier as CG, now why is the highest ranking Prison officer appointed to take over from Mr Ekpendu, why didnt PMB get a retired Yoruba Army Officer to take over for a balance?
I am not trying to be tribalistic but rationale as what is sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

We already know that the 5% people of S/E and S/S are not expecting to be named for any key position by the man who has not stepped foot in those regions for the past one year as highlighted by the British Foreign Minister.

you mean ogundele right
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by fabre4: 12:21am On May 25, 2016
christiscomin:

You are wrong once again..... Read the news he was the second in command. DON'T WAKE UP, PICK UP YOUR PHONE, AND JUST COMMENT ON NAIRALAND......READ!!!

just shut up he wasn't the second in command ogundele was supposed to take over but he was bypassed and it was given to jafaru ....I learnt that jafaru is a no nonsense guy
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by Nusaf: 12:47am On May 25, 2016
frisky2good:
You just have to select one of the highest ranking officers and it definitely cannot be only northerners.

This is why I said go and find out. Let me give u a clue. Do u know what is SENIORITY even for officers of the same rank?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by lohresloco: 12:58am On May 25, 2016
A bigot for a president, lord, this too shall pass. Amen
OsusuMustFlow:
President of the north, by the north and for the north
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by QuotaSystem: 1:05am On May 25, 2016
Realman87:

meaning what? we don't fear north, the north fears us.

grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by QuotaSystem: 1:16am On May 25, 2016
ZUBY77:

Relax, Buhari knew the South West will complain, so he made their son his Talkative-in-Chief.
His Job is to defend Buhari against his South West People.
Buhari doesn't need someone to defend him against South South or South East, He simply doesn't care.
He still sees them as that section of Nigeria he defeated in a war.

No, he cares about the SS.

Are you not aware of his SS appointees? Do you know what would have happened by now if those blown pipelines were in Abia?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by fatainice(m): 1:26am On May 25, 2016
Nice smiley
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by kclinks(m): 6:40am On May 25, 2016
@Duskmalik pls stop saying what you don't know, my uncle Dr Peter Ekpendu happilyretired from active service in Nigeria prisons after 35 years of working , so stop saying he was sacked# dats a false statement
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by Istand4justice: 6:58am On May 25, 2016
biggie73:
...if that's the case,no problem. But the way this Buhari's lopsided appointment is heading to give cause for alarm and suspicion. Anyway, I voted for him.

There is a problem...he left the deputies which are higher than the Assistant but the funniest part is that a yoruba man(Ogundele) was supposed to take over but he was bypassed for a northertner I can't imagine how he and tinubu would be feeling now

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by toluine56(m): 7:04am On May 25, 2016
Opharhe:
He was not sacked please. He retired. Thought I think this particular appointment is on order since the said Ja'faru was an asst. CG of prisons prior to his appointment, Buhari to me us still too sectional for a pluralistic country like Nigeria.
Do you know that after assistant controller general is deputy controller general before the apex rank of CG. Buhari erred on this one.
Jafaru isn't the most senior officer in the Prisons Service.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by OFFICIAL336: 7:10am On May 25, 2016
Isn't SW part of the 95%? Buhari fear God nah
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by omaguibu(m): 7:14am On May 25, 2016
dustmalik:
I remember reading on here a few weeks back, how a member of the security detail of the now sacked CG of Prison slapped a female member of the house of representatives. Today, he has been sacked.
Do you read news from your anus? who sacked him?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by biggie73(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2016
Istand4justice:

There is a problem...he left the deputies which are higher than the Assistant but the funniest part is that a yoruba man(Ogundele) was supposed to take over but he was bypassed for a northertner I can't imagine how he and tinubu would be feeling now
...I signed off on Buhari since August 2015. No good can come from him.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by Opharhe: 8:12am On May 25, 2016
toluine56:

Do you know that after assistant controller general is deputy controller general before the apex rank of CG. Buhari erred on this one.
Jafaru isn't the most senior officer in the Prisons Service.
Okay. I'm afraid you're correct. But you know appointments such as this fall under the exclusive prerogative of the President. The one that really annoyed me the most is the appointment of Col. Hameed Ali(rtd) to head the customs. This is a retired Army officer brought to head a totally different institution he knows nothing about. Well, Buhari should continue with this impunity, we'll see how far he goes. The man is very sectional, undoubtedly. Too bad for a Nigerian President.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by frisky2good(m): 8:18am On May 25, 2016
Was he the only one given employment letter on the day he was employed or are all the others dead or retired? Ok, how do you justify the president bringing a stranger to head the customs service and the stranger happens to be a northerner? Evil thrives when those that know the right thing turn a blind eye. You know the truth but you are trying in vain to deny what is obvious to the open minded.

Nusaf:

This is why I said go and find out. Let me give u a clue. Do u know what is SENIORITY even for officers of the same rank?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by solpat(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2016
Why is he appointing Assistant Controller General (ACGP) Ja'faru when there is Deputy Controller General (DCGP) Aminu Sule Na wa ooo. They even kicked out the Acting CGP, ACGP Ogundele who said he won't pay salary arrearsgringrin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by toluine56(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2016
izzou:

Always read a post before commenting

It helps

Jafaaru was Ekpendu assistant. As Ekpendu retired,Jafaaru took over. Is that tribalistic to you?
Don't say wah u donno. Jafaru wasnt ekpendu's assistant.
In the prison cadre after assistant general, there's still deputy general before the apex position.
Dont assume cause his rank is assistant general, then he's next for the job, besides, there are many ags and dgs ahead of that guy.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by toluine56(m): 10:10am On May 25, 2016
Nusaf:

So in order to meet your demands, a junior officer should be appointed to take charge of his seniors. The newly appointed CG is the next most senior officer in the prison service for ur information.
Mr. Man stop saying what you don't know
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by bashydemy(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2016
evansvenus:
This is getting way overboard!

Buhari even if your are playing the vindictive card against southeast and south south for not voting for you,atleast appoint someone from the southwest..they voted for you!

Click like if you think buhari is an unrepentant tribalistic bigot! So disgusted now!

Did you read the write up at all? According to the news, Ja'afaru is the assistant to the retire CG so you guys mean Buhari should appoint junior office over the senior officer? Sorry he is not as dumb as GEJ who appoint Okiro over his senior officers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by ogunladeabiodun: 10:28am On May 25, 2016
Jailing of Yam eaters are going to be guaranteed under this man's watch, Buhari slowly & steadily winning the race. I pity the yam eaters quoting from the President's body language
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by bashydemy(m): 11:20am On May 25, 2016
Some fools just come to comement based on their hatred for Buhari and his Govt, Did they want him to appoint a junior officer ahead of the senior one to satisfy their region? una no well.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by zik4ever: 11:28am On May 25, 2016
izzou:

Always read a post before commenting

It helps

Jafaaru was Ekpendu assistant. As Ekpendu retired,Jafaaru took over. Is that tribalistic to you?
For clarity, he was NOT his assistant! The service has Deputy CGs who are senior to several other Assistant CGs. He was one of many other Assistants please!!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by zik4ever: 11:30am On May 25, 2016
Nusaf:

So in order to meet your demands, a junior officer should be appointed to take charge of his seniors. The newly appointed CG is the next most senior officer in the prison service for ur information.
He was absolutely not the next most senior! The service has DCGs (deputies) who are senior to all the ACGs (Assistants). All the DCGs have by implication, being retired to pave way for this ACG. Just setting the records straight.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by zik4ever: 11:36am On May 25, 2016
bashydemy:
Did you read the write up at all? According to the news, Ja'afaru is the assistant to the retire CG so you guys mean Buhari should appoint junior office over the senior officer? Sorry he is not as dumb as GEJ who appoint Okiro over his senior officers.
Please be informed that he was NOT the assistant to the CG. He was just one of SEVERAL other Assistant CGs and ALL of the Assistants (ACGs) are junior to the DCGs.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by zik4ever: 11:38am On May 25, 2016
bashydemy:
Some fools just come to comement based on their hatred for Buhari and his Govt, Did they want him to appoint a junior officer ahead of the senior one to satisfy their region? una no well.
What you are condemning is exactly what the President has done! He has appointed a junior officer (ACG) over and above his seniors (the Deputy CGs). Lets be civil and properly informed/guided in making comments.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ja’afaru As Comptroller-general Of Prisons by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 25, 2016
From now henceforth, Pls Nairaland and other news sites. When next Bullhari makes any appointments again, just as I heard he is tinkering the ambassadorial list. don't fix the name of the Appointee. we already know where they come from. we can chose names for them
like: Ibrahim Mohamed Isa
Kabiru Hassan
Adamu Jamil
Jibril Abubakar.
Na the same people- Ukochukwu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye / Senate Finally Passes VAPP Bill / Ben Murray-Bruce Visits His Constituency (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.