Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,569 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye (29721 Views)

Dino Melaye Rocks Customized Agbada To Kogi Election Rally (Photos) / APC Clears Irukera To Contest Kogi Guber Primary / Collation Of Results At The INCC Abuja Postponed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by ryloy: 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
I will not contest Kogi election results at Tribunal – Dino Melaye

The Kogi State governorship candidate of PD, Dino Melaye, has said that he will not contest the electoral victory of the APC at the Nov 11 polls. Hand don touch am 🤣

Ododo APC - 446, 237

Murtala Ajaka SDP - 259,052

Dino Melaye PDP - 46,362 🤓

The Kogi State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Dino Melaye, said he will not challenge the electoral victory of the All Progressives Congress before the state election petition tribunal.

The PUNCH reports that the Independent National Electoral Commission declared the APC candidate, Usman Ododo, winner of the November 11 governorship election in the state.

The PDP governorship candidate, who came third in the election, on Wednesday alleged that the judiciary is no longer independent but a department of the APC.

Dino stated, Judiciary is no longer the last hope of the ordinary people, it is now a department under the All Progressives Congress. Why should any responsible person go to the tribunal when the APC have captured the judiciary?

“I have lost complete confidence in the judiciary.”

Dino said the judiciary is supposed to be the last line of defence of democracy and the rule of law

“Regrettably, however, the judiciary itself has been on trial due to its tragic and glaring inability to inspire confidence and trust in its handling of electoral matters.

“No discerning observer, no matter how charitable, can avoid the conclusion that the Judiciary seems to have become a willing and potent tool in the hands of powerful forces that are bent on subverting democracy in Nigeria,” he added.

The PDP Kogi State Governorship candidate said the common saying that the judiciary is the last hope of aggrieved citizens is now an empty slogan because the judiciary is rapidly turning into the lost hope of the people of Nigeria.

He stated, That is why I will not dignify a captured judiciary by filing a petition over Kogi Governorship election where majority of the results were written before the election day by INEC officials under the watch of Professor Mahmood Yakubu.

“Why should any reasonable Nigerian go to the tribunal when the Judiciary has been captured and members of a Political Party openly dare the would-be victims of their infernal rigging machine to go to court?

“Why should other political parties and Nigerians participate in future elections with the consolidation of grip and total control of INEC through the appointment of APC card-carrying members as Commissioners into INEC who will recruit APC supporters as poll officials?

Dino alleged that the way the State Independent Electoral Commission is constituted by governors with party members and supporters is what is now being brazenly applied to INEC at the federal level.

He stated, “In the light of the foregoing, I Senator Dino MeIaye have decided in good conscience not to submit myself to a judiciary that has become an instrument of political tyranny. Just as Pa Awolowo declared after the 1983 rigged elections when asked why he refused to go to the tribunal. Our sage said that he would not because “the judiciary is corrupt and will not do justice”

“I will not go to court because justice has been murdered by the judiciary in Nigeria.

“I use this opportunity to call on all opposition political parties of Nigeria to forthwith boycott all future elections unless and until the current INEC constituted by APC members is dissolved and a new set of nonpartisan, Chairman and Commissioners are appointed into INEC.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-i-wont-challenge-election-result-at-tribunal-dino-melaye/%3famp

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by seunmsg(m): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Because Atiku and the other morons that financed your election have refused to finance a court case that is dead on arrival. When person no be Peter Obi and delusional obedients, who go wan finance the court case of a candidate that came a distant third?

128 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by sleek214(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
It is waste of time and resources. In Nigeria, just rig yourself in the executive office (Presidential and Governorship) elections, the court can't remove you.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by slivertongue: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
seunmsg:
Because Atiku and the other morons that financed your election have refused to finance a court case that is dead on arrival. When person no be Peter Obi and delusional obedients, who go wan finance the court case of a candidate that came a distant third?

OBIDIENTs are indeed a nightmare to folks like you.

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by Afamed: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
Does he have any case to present in the first place?

Cunny man die cunning man bury am

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by Obiedun(m): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
Please do because lawyers must whack. Kikikikiki!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by NwaNimo1(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
Broke asss niggga..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by Misterc(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
Dino... Dino.... grin grin grin grin grin
You guys decided no to allow the poor to breath...
Now the monsters y'all created are fighting y'all and you're crying to the same poor y'all are choking and didn't allow to breath...
Dog Eat Dog world we have in Nigeria now...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by Calitoscassius(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
He cannot aford it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by CoronaVirusPro: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Dunce!

I told the hog that his two left legs already disqualified him!

No one with two left legs can govern Kogi!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by Bobloco: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
seunmsg:

seunmsg, I am not sure you are still in control of your thought process

Wetin concern the bolded with the subject matter

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by WorldRichest: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Tell us another story
Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by Pootle: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
atiku who is bankrolling you cash is depleted, university is struggling his finances are down, jus tell us how it is cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by aspabay(m): 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
Like obi like dino from 3rd you want to claim you win. Self delusion. Better save yourself the disgrace like Obi did. Case was dismissed for lack of substance in less than 5 minutes

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by ipobarecriminals: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
grin grin singing * wetin lawyers dey do sef.I GO CHOP YOUR DOLLAR ". Baba don see how OBI,ATIKU lule,he nor want those Liars to chop his remaining money.Nah suicide be dat cool

10 Likes

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by AbuTwins: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
Dino the guy man!
He knows he stood no chance!
He knows he can't win!
That's why he didn't vote on election day!
That's why he didn't mobilise adequately for the election!
Why waste more funds on SANs like Lucifer's Party "Anobi". Lol grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by casualobserver: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
seunmsg:

Somebody that chopped campaign money will spend money on lawyers?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by aspabay(m): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
Better save your money because you lost woefully.

8 Likes

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by LegacyB: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
seunmsg:
I suppose give you shares. Han han you too wicked…… kikiki. LWKMD.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by ipobarecriminals: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin Baba No wan go collect his AJEKU IYA CERTIFICATE grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by nickae: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
Though Dino is a nuisance, but he have a good point

6 Likes

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by ppogba: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
Wise guy Man.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by sematec(m): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2023
because he won’t win at the tribunal
He should join apc
Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by Babangidapikin: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2023
But Madam Natasha got justice na 🙄🙄🙄, may be you should stay more in Kogi 🤔🤔🤔🤔... I know Kogi people in Abuja loves you to pieces , but I don't know about Kogi people in Kogi

6 Likes

Re: I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye by Basic123: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ifebi82:
You are always talking like mumu that you are. I prayed you won't die on top Peter Obi's matter.
Why do you people that will drag TINUBU and APC name into anything develop headaches when Peter obi and LP names are mentioned? 😆 😆
Cry cry babies 😆

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch / Six Things To Expect From Buhari's 2016 Budget / EFCC Freezes Cletus Ibeto's Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.