Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra (21467 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar And Governor Obiano At Nnamdi Azikiwe University (Photos) / Pete Edochie & Obiano At The Commissioning Of Stanel World In Awka (Photos) / Bianca Ojukwu And Ebelechukwu Obiano At Handwashing Day Celebration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by aviazuva: 10:58am On May 25, 2016
where is Okija juju?
Let him come and see Obiano the Akpokuo Dike na Aguleri

1 Like

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by 3pointz(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2016
Stingman:
Does the governor of Enugu see all these? Are his handlers, relatives and friends, reading all that is happening in Anambra state? When Sullivan Chime was the governor of Enugu, I remember people were mocking Anambra and Willie as Chime was everywhere developing Enugu...Now Enugu is at sleep. What is really happening in Enugu?

For me , the best governors in Nigeria today are governors of Lagos and Anambra. Lagos got loan and are regenerating Oshodi area with $70million. That's the way to go...
Enugu state's worst mistake z ever electing dat guy 2 be their Governor, since he hasn't done anything 4 complete one year,who still have any hope in him? God plz kip blessing Chime wherever he is as well as keep granting his subsequent political ambitions,Amen.
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by Nobody: 10:59am On May 25, 2016
AmericanQuarter:
Obiano Develops Hospitality Facilities At Owerre-Ezukala Waterfall In Anambra

Exclusive Pictures of Obiano at Owerre Ezukala Cave and Waterfall

Go Obiano earlier today visited one of the natural wonders of the world located in Owerre Ezukala community in Orumba South local government area of Anambra State... A cave with waterfall "natural spring water" that runs all year round.

According to an excited Awogu "This is the first of its kind to the people of Owerre Ezukala for a Governor to visit our town and not only that, he entered our cave".

Obiano took time to navigate the rough terrain of the cave to see for himself, the art of nature that God gave to Ndi Anambra and has been left unexplored for too long.

Wowed by what he saw, Obiano described the cave and waterfall as the best and biggest in Nigeria listing the potential benefits of the tourist destination to include: huge revenue for the State and host community; source of wealth and job creation.

Obiano promised immediate construction of the access road to the cave... to be followed by world class hotel facilities, children play grounds, etc.

Expect details of the visit soon...

Credit: Chinedu Nkwonta

Point of correction, a governor(Dr Ngige) has visited my village to inspect the ongoing construction ,but it was unannounced
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by Nobody: 11:00am On May 25, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Governor Ayo Fayose is greater than willie obiano
We all know you're Yoruba. So ditch the igbo moniker already wink. Have u no shame?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by Sirheny007(m): 11:01am On May 25, 2016
And what about his Imo Counterpart?.....
Rochas practically took us for a ride in his first tenure raising roundabouts and roads halfway...
Giving people false hope with employment ...which was a scam..
My mother worked for 2 years as a school teacher under one of his employment scheme...but she wasn't paid...for 2 years!

God is a great forgiver...but i doubt if he will forgive that....

Rochas is not fit to be called a governor....in any regard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by kf147: 11:02am On May 25, 2016
Ilovemystate:
Another UNESCO world heritage site in Anambra State also receiving attention by Gov Obiano administration, access road to the tourist site has been constructed by governor Obiano, other facilities are been put in place in Ogbunike cave and waterfall

http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5174

Description

Ogbunike Caves are situated in a valley with tropical rain forest behind the "Ogba" hills in which lies St. Monica College, Ogbunike. Descending into the valley where the caves are located is a lengthy walkway made up of about 317 steps said to have been constructed by the Anambra State Government in the mid 90s. At the end of the walkway is an open space used as a reception point where visitors are by tradition to remove their shoes.The main cave consists of a massive structure with a big open chamber of about 5m high, 10m wide and 30m long at the entrance. There are ten tunnels at the main chamber leading to different directions. Within the tunnels are big chambers and other tunnels of varying lengths, some of which are inter connected. The caves are occupied by a large colony of bats of various sizes. There are streams and body of water at various places. A stream flows out from one of the tunnels into a rapid flowing river (River Nkissa). At the meeting point of the river and the stream one can feel the warm water from the caves and the cold river water.Beside this portion of the river is a table land of about 5 X 5 square meters used as a relaxation spot by visitors to the caves. The immediate environment of the caves up to about 200 meters radius is a thick tropical rainforest type of vegetation. Among the fauna of the site are deer, antelope, grass cutter, porcupine, rabbit, alligator, snakes and frogs. Others are fish, crabs and birds.

Statements of authenticity and/or integrity

Ogbunike caves are associated with living traditions and are said to be used by the people for many centuries. The site still retains its historical and spiritual significance. There is an annual festival called "Ime Ogbe" celebrated in commemoration of the discovery of the caves. The biodiversity of the site has remained almost in tact. The integrity of the site can be attested to by the presence of the primary forests around the caves. The Nkisa River flows by the side of the caves into which the water that drains from the caves empties itself. At that point, where the difference in temperature is felt between the river and the water from the rock. The entire site is within ranges of undulating hills and valleys which stretch across other communities and farmlands. The site has sufficient boundaries (20 hectares) to protect its values from direct effects of human encroachment.

Comparison with other similar properties

The Ogbunike caves like the ancient cave temple of Arochukwu in Abia State of Nigeria were a symbol of justice. Ogbunike caves have attractive waterfall at the North West part of the cave that could compare to Kalambo falls in East Africa. The caves are believed to have been in existence for centuries with minimal defacement. The caves occupy a large expanse of area.
what about Agulu Lake.
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by pinkyliceous(f): 11:11am On May 25, 2016
I nocha kwa ya?

angelusbrut:

Na ur own Nigeria, Ezedioramna 1 of ur village cool
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by anonimi: 11:16am On May 25, 2016
What I like most about Anambra's development is that it is not solely focused on physical infrastructure but also HUMAN capital needed to work & MAINTAIN the structures.
The state governor should continue with this.

[img]http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/overview/intro/presentation/Slide1.jpg[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by anonimi: 11:19am On May 25, 2016
Sirheny007:
Rochas practically took us for a ride in his first tenure raising roundabouts and roads halfway...
My mother worked for 2 years as a school teacher under one of his employment scheme...but she wasn't paid...for 2 years!

Do you mean the same Rochas of APC and Buhari of integrity shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2240587_1103290115750623394420062060634407n1_jpeg8fa8966577b2cccd9e61047cb005f79b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2240588_110328259245622509300271942426964n_jpegb15633efc0f7e8b379c36014d021aa19
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by fortunechy(m): 11:19am On May 25, 2016
Anambra adigo nma
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by falseman(m): 11:36am On May 25, 2016
I wonder where he finds money to do all that. Meanwhile in Delta state past and present governor are all cursed

1 Like

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by Ilovemystate: 11:37am On May 25, 2016
kf147:
what about Agulu Lake.
That's the last Pictures I saw, the last time I went there security men didn't allow me to enter, I know Agulu lake road and the bridges was commissioned by Gov Obiano last year

2 Likes

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by kapai(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2016
Ariani:
Owerre Ezukala, ndi ohe mbe anyi. wink Agajem ibia taa ighu la nmi ngwo maka ezhigbo newsunu biaje mbe anyi. cheesy

Odika ibu onye ohe mbe-anyi! Ayadua! Imashi enwu degwere m gu.

Onye ebe k'bu nwoke m..?
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by hangzhouro(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2016
nothing special about d pics
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:44am On May 25, 2016
Stingman:
Does the governor of Enugu see all these? Are his handlers, relatives and friends, reading all that is happening in Anambra state? When Sullivan Chime was the governor of Enugu, I remember people were mocking Anambra and Willie as Chime was everywhere developing Enugu...Now Enugu is at sleep. What is really happening in Enugu?

For me , the best governors in Nigeria today are governors of Lagos and Anambra. Lagos got loan and are regenerating Oshodi area with $70million. That's the way to go...

Nobody kicked Anambra because Obi outperformed Chime. Obi was building infrastructures around the state while Chime was beautifying Enugu city.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by Cuche: 11:45am On May 25, 2016
Employement , Security, Industrialization and Agriculture, basic infrastructure.
Wisdom the man got it all
Few years ago Anambra was home to Kidnapping business, today it is very safe to do business in the state.
But the state needs a working taskforce on Zero potholes, they are becoming unbearable Plz

2 Likes

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by Cuche: 11:46am On May 25, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

Nobody kicked Anambra because Obi outperformed Chime. Obi was building infrastructures around the state while Chime was beautifying Enugu city.
Are you blind
or just a sycophant, potholes everywhere wouldn't have been there if Peter and his contractors were determined to do good roads

1 Like

Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by ayokellany: 11:46am On May 25, 2016
Sirheny007:

You mean a human can be senseless to the extent of working for two entire years not a year without pay. I thought the said once beaten twice shy ? Person wey no get sense just no fit get sense two years or ten years. SMH
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by osita76(m): 11:50am On May 25, 2016
Ariani:
Owerre Ezukala, ndi ohe mbe anyi. wink Agajem ibia taa ighu la nmi ngwo maka ezhigbo newsunu biaje mbe anyi. cheesy
abiajekwum ita yawu iwu gbaa mbo hu la I dewere oji eji ja Ata ya
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by goodvision12(m): 11:54am On May 25, 2016
Ilovemystate:
http://leadership.ng/news/419898/obiano-approves-250m-for-development-of-ogbunike-cave

Obiano Approves $250m For Development Of Ogbunike Cave

Okechukwu Obeta— Mar 24, 2015 7:14 am | Leave a commentGovernor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Africa Project Finance and Development Limited for the development of the ancient Ogbunike Cave in Oyi local government area of the state into a world-class tourist centre.Under the agreement entered into at the Governor’s Lodge, Awka, the state capital, the project is estimated to cost the sum of $250million and the private developer would  design, develop, finance and construct the cave into a  state-of-the-art Park and Resort centre and operate same.Also, the equity distribution under the agreement allocates 75 per cent to the company, 15 per cent to the Anambra State State government, 5 per cent to Oyi local government area,  and another 5 per cent to Ifite-Ogbunike, while 3 per cent will be used for development and social responsibility projects in the area.Governor Obiano in his speech said the project would provide comprehensive entertainment centre and facilitate total exploration of the cave, and make it attractive for tourism so as to boost employment and relaxation opportunities in the state.In his speech at the occasion, commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Chief Tony Onyima stated that it was Governor Obiano’s commitment towards the development of the ancient cave.

make dem check very well if caveman no live there.
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by osita76(m): 11:58am On May 25, 2016
angelusbrut:

lekwe nwatoke nu nwa, ino la nairaland eme gunu. dewekwerem ngwom la 27th of may.
odu ka gu la mmi aduka
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by globe16: 12:18pm On May 25, 2016
Beehshorp:

Peter Obi laid d foundation..FYI
laid which foundation? mention the tangible projects of peter obi not this laid foundation crap
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by globe16: 12:20pm On May 25, 2016
Cuche:
Employement , Security, Industrialization and Agriculture, basic infrastructure.
Wisdom the man got it all
Few years ago Anambra was home to Kidnapping business, today it is very safe to do business in the state.
But the state needs a working taskforce on Zero potholes, they are becoming unbearable Plz
The same peter obi roads?? lmaoo
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by globe16: 12:23pm On May 25, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

[s]Nobody kicked Anambra because Obi outperformed Chime. Obi was building infrastructures around the state while Chime was beautifying Enugu city[/s].
obi outperformed Chime in your wildest imagination. Obi only outperformed Chime in looting of public funds.. Anambra people are now beginning to see what governance is all about not the useless propaganda for peter obi who takes glory for performance of private schools in waec. rubbish
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by fiftynaira(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2016
Obiano is working
Fayose is eating beans.
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by OnuohaEDOZIE(m): 1:48pm On May 25, 2016
Stingman:

...if you people in ENUGU are crying,what do you want us in ABIA state to do nah?
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by glossy6(f): 3:35pm On May 25, 2016
I hope he was served with our ceremonial iwu

Ariani:

angelusbrut:
My local Village is coming up gradually, Willy is always working!!!

Onye ohe mbe anyi I greet.

Ihie overseas loading
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by glossy6(f): 4:07pm On May 25, 2016
LoveMachine:
He wants to repeat as Governor of the Year. At this pace he surely will. WILLIE IS WORKING!

Where is he working? He can't even repair already built roads let alone build new ones. Na to blow bangers for Upper Iweka he fit do plus awarding contract to his wife to decorate Onitsha and Awka during Christmas.

Who he epp self?
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by Nickymezor(f): 4:28pm On May 25, 2016
Nice !!!
Re: Obiano At Owerre-Ezukala Cave And Waterfall In Anambra by Ilovemystate: 4:36pm On May 25, 2016
glossy6:

[s]Where is he working? He can't even repair already built roads let alone build new ones. Na to blow bangers for Upper Iweka he fit do plus awarding contract to his wife to decorate Onitsha and Awka during Christmas.

Who he epp self?
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram / IPOB Is Finished – Asari Dokubo Mocks Nnamdi Kanu / Emeka Ihedioha: The Race For Atiku's Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.