Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:05 PM

What I Do, Depends On Who I Am - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What I Do, Depends On Who I Am (352 Views)

If Your Girl Depends On You For All Her Needs My Brother Your Life Is Over-(pic) / Look Who I Found. No Be Stephanie Otobo Be This? / Help! Found Out My Girlfriend Is Not Who I Thought She Is! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Do, Depends On Who I Am by wordsmith042(m): 9:32pm On May 24, 2016
what happens to me seldom depends on me. What i do depends on what i am. What others do to me is not in my control. How i respond to what they do to me depends on who i am.
"there is this story of four men walking along a narrow path in a jungle. As they walked, the first one came across a deadly snake lying across his path. He saw the snake and was frightened. Fear gave the strength, and he fled as fast as he could.
As the second man came up, he also saw the same snake lying on his path. He was so frightened that he was simply frozen. He could neither run nor cry for help. He could only stand there like a pillar, totally incapacitated and lost.
Then came the third man. He saw the man standing and the snake on his path. He cut a small branch from a tree and with it killed the snake. Then he walked away with the other man.
Finally came the fourth man. The sight of the snake so frightened him that all he could do was to stand there and scream for help. This he did till he noticed that the snake was dead and gathering flies. He took a large curve about the snake and walked away.
We see that the four different reactions to the same snake did not depend on the snake but on the four different persons. What they did depended on what they were, as gandhiji says, "the outward behaviour of a man is at once the sigh and proof of the inner state. Thank you!
Re: What I Do, Depends On Who I Am by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 24, 2016
You are right.
Nice illustration

I bet chydii didn't read the story

1 Like

Re: What I Do, Depends On Who I Am by chydii(f): 9:38pm On May 24, 2016
Warisdis?

(1) (Reply)

The Right Time / Which One / Best Independence Day Deshbhakti Songs Video Mp3 Function Download 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.