Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... (6181 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Marriage Has Finally Ended / The Pains Of My Marriage. My Version Of Unconditonal Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Neverquit(f): 4:23am On May 26, 2016
luccicouture, my 2 kobo: you won't be a burden if you move in with your parents. You can start sewing immediately. You can even build a nest egg while waiting for your son's arrival. Your mum too can babysit.

Then you can later move out to an apartment. Converting a room in the new apartment to your workshop will enable you to be with your son 24/7.

Your husband is already frustrated with life. Don't allow him to cut yours short.

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by raumdeuter: 4:57am On May 26, 2016
luccicouture:
[size=18pt]infact that was part of the reason i married early,to avoid relying on men for money.[/size]

I wish someone would explain this part in bold to me kimoni, mindfulness and bukatyne
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by TheArchangel(f): 5:10am On May 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

I wish someone would explain this part in bold to me kimoni, mindfulness and bukatyne
She is an opportunist who ran away cos of poverty to be married to a supposedly buoyant guy and it seems nemesis is catching up with her.

I have a feeling she will be Ronke'ed soon if she refused not to haul axs from that house.

Marriage is not a meal ticket.
@Luccicouture, you left your academics to marry a man with money believing all the jumbo nonsense he infused in your brain. Sorry, the chicken has come home to roost maybe my guy realised the sole reason why you married him and decided to punch it outta you.
Get out now you are still breathing unless this stories is one of those.....
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by raumdeuter: 5:18am On May 26, 2016
TheArchangel:
She is an opportunist who ran away cos of poverty to be married to a supposedly buoyant guy and it seems nemesis is catching up with her.

The 2 statements separated by comma are just contradictory

You married early without a certificate to avoid depending on men for money.

Na the child you wan introduce to this mess even concern me
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Nobody: 6:24am On May 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Explanation very much needed, indeed.
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by nnamdibig(m): 6:28am On May 26, 2016
missmalachi:
Op in as much as ur story is touching, u still hv chunk of d blame to receive.

The first step to solving a problem is accepting u hv one.ur hubby isn't the issue here,u are.
For crying out loud what exactly is ur fear?if he ws taking good care of u but beat u we will unstd dat uvare staying cos of the financial benefit. Pls what exactly is ur reason for staying?
Gone at d days when society frown at divorce women now ppl are enlightened that its better to be a single mum that a dead one.
Pls explain to u mum n get d hell out of that bondage called marriage.
How d hell does ppl stay n cope in an abusive marriage?
Pls get ur self esteem back cos u need it.

Who even gave u such poverty orientation that has made u lost ur self esteem.?

Good S3X may be the reason for her stay. They guy may be extremely good in bed.
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by toyeem(f): 8:25am On May 26, 2016
nnamdibig:

Good S3X may be the reason for her stay. They guy may be extremely good in bed.

It's possible then I think she might be obsessed with the guy. I've seen a similar case so it's not uncommon, the elders in her family had to come all the way from the village to bundle her out of the house back to her father's house before the monster kills her .It's just unfortunate that the Op has refused to inform her people.
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Kimoni: 10:15am On May 26, 2016
Luccicouture - You don't mind a trial seperation but at this stage, you don't want a divorce or a permanent seperation so you are hesitant to go to your mum because he will tell you never to come back since he is not in good terms with her - Is this your main fear? Is this the fear of the future you are talking about? That a trial seperation will turn into something permanent, and you would lose your marriage forever?

So do you have any other place in mind where you can stay and be equally comfortable? Do you have any other support system? Especially someone who is comfortable enough to support you till you get back to your feet since your mum is struggling?

If you have, pls make your exit plans and go to that person who can accommodate you. From there, try to get back to your feet see if there will be any positive change from him.

But if you don't have anyone else and I suspect you don't, pls move to your mum's place. Even if she is struggling, as long as there is shelter, you will always find a way to survive together. Cast that fear that your husband will tell you off aside. Right now, it is your safety and that of your child that matters more. One of the problem in your relationship is that you are too much of a considerate person. It's a strength to be considerate but yours is way too much and unfortunately, your husband took advantage of it. So understand that your happiness also matters in life. You shouldnt forgo yourself because you are trying to please others, your husband inclusive.

So move to your mum's place, and start thinking of how to make you happy. Get a job, practise your business, take care of your child and forget your husband for now. Hopefully, he will come round and seek to make amends and you can take your decisions at that point but for now, live for yourself and your child. You mum will be a great support system.

Tell yourself you are not the first person to go through this type of issue, and because others have survived it, you will also survive. The choice is yours.

5 Likes

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by luccicouture: 10:26am On May 26, 2016
thanks all
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Kimoni: 10:29am On May 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

I wish someone would explain this part in bold

It's contradictory when you look at the statement in isolation but when you consider the whole story, I guess you can make some sense out of it.

Her father was rich but didn't care for his plenty family so naturally, she developed some sort of phobia for rich blokes thinking she'll end up as wife Nos 1 amongst many others and he wouldn't even take care of his family just like her father didn't.

So she preferred to marry a struggling guy, pull resources togther with him and be jointly responsible in caring for their small nuclear family. Hence she married early, as a struggling individual cum student and also married another struggling individual. But still, things didn't work as planned. If wishes were horses...

7 Likes

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by lushbae: 10:44am On May 26, 2016
Please my dear, i feel your pain genuinely, you can start be going to a church that has welfare that can take care of you. or Even call Aunty Landa. I honestly feel you should leave that house. Overcome your fears dear.
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by zaynie(f): 11:18am On May 26, 2016
Sorry.
Enkaydewdrop, I was banned in the Health Section by ASB while trying to reply Joysa angry.
I sent you a pm already.
Keep calm. smiley
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by bukatyne(f): 12:19pm On May 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Back to my classification grin:

She believes a man's duty is to provide so she married earlier as her parents could no longer meet her financial needs. It is a quite common concept for parents to marry out their daughters when they can no longer cater for her as it is seen as the husband's duty to take over where they stopped and prevent the girl from 'messing' about with men for money.

No matter the bias against women who aren't financially stable, a woman depending on her husband solely is not same as a woman entering into several amorous relationships with men for money.

To be quite honest, she is in this mess because her husband 'changed/she didn't really know him'. Several men train their wives to the university and set them up in businesses. She is even willing to try her hands on several things yet he stops her. I suspect her husband doesn't want her to be financially stable, he wants absolute dependency on him. (a sign of an abuser)

@TheArchangel:

I believe you are unnecessarily harsh to the OP

She married a man she believed she could build her life with else she would have gone with richer suitors.

Also, she had carryovers due to not meeting the required attendance criteria and her husband did not let her re-take them which was not a problem because she wanted to focus on business.

She did several businesses which her husband was not in support of and wrecked till he told her his intention for her is to stay at home.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by luccicouture: 12:40pm On May 26, 2016
thanks
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Kimoni: 1:18pm On May 26, 2016
zaynie:
Sorry.
Enkaydewdrop, I was banned in the Health Section by ASB while trying to reply Joysa angry.
I sent you a pm already.
Keep calm. smiley

grin grin grin you don chop ban as you no gree remit money tongue

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by somcherry(f): 1:30pm On May 26, 2016
I suggest you make a report to the police.

If he will find out, then do it after you must have left.

My reason is beacuse he might come after you to harm you when you leave him

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by treasuredkids(f): 2:12pm On May 26, 2016
@op, madam u are strong to have endured this much. I admire ur resilience, courage and strength through this period. I tell you not many women in our generation will take a pinch of it. From all you've said I see u also have ur faults which av being mentioned by others b4 me. I dnt want to repeat any but I want to draw ur attention to the need for you to be safe first. I understand divorce is far from ur list for now but it wnt be out of place for you to leave ur immediate environment and cut all forms of communication from ur hubby. U need to be away from him so u can think straight. Ur priority should be ur safety and unborn child. Ur hubby is not well and its known to his own family, u just did not know the gravity of his ailment. Sometimes being away from the one you love can help reset the person's brain to the right mode. When away do not be too quick to forgive and accept him back till he sees the extent of damages he has brought into ur life and family. First things first tho, leave that environment and be far from his reach. Its well with u. Pls embrace a prayerful life as well. God will see u tro.
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 26, 2016
Shes scared stiff on where to start from if she leaves her abusive husband..thats the problem
But dear, whether u realise or not u still have to leave that marriage and start afresh alone but with help of freinds and family.
Make up yur mind, summon up the courage and take yur destiny in your hands... Never ever place yur destiny in another man's hands, no matter how much he claims to love you..
Be ready to be strong .. Cause its only the strong and wise that survives.

Its a pity u jeopardise so much for yur husband... undecided

Try be strong and prayerful.
God will see u thru amen.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 26, 2016
luccicouture:

without hesitation my mum will ask me to return, but that will be a burden on her + my child

My dear, u will never be a burden to yur mum.
Start sewing when yur with her... Start looking for jobs when yur with her... God will crown yur efforts with success.. If only u beleive its not by your power but His grace in yur life.. Dont worry, stay with yur mum and map out the way to achieve yur financial goals.. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by WHOcarex: 4:22pm On May 26, 2016
MizMyColi:
Is it by force to stay in the marriage?

I nor know ooo.
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by zaynie(f): 4:53pm On May 26, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin you don chop ban as you no gree remit money tongue

cry cry
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by mitchyy(f): 6:25pm On May 26, 2016
Let me drink water first. I'll share my personal experience with you... and you can choose to learn from it or still be stubborn and insist on your own way cry
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Ishilove: 6:54pm On May 26, 2016
TheArchangel:

I have a feeling she will be Ronke'ed soon if she refused not to haul axs from that house.

Marriage is not a meal ticket.
@Luccicouture, you left your academics to marry a man with money believing all the jumbo nonsense he infused in your brain. Sorry, the chicken has come home to roost maybe my guy realised the sole reason why you married him and decided to punch it outta you.
Did you read her posts at all??

Where on earth did you see in her narration that the man is rich? Obviously you skimmed through without understanding what she posted. undecided

She married him with the full knowledge that he is NOT financially buoyant.

Read her narration again...this time SLOWLY

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Ishilove: 6:59pm On May 26, 2016
bukatyne:

Back to my classification grin:

She believes a man's duty is to provide so she married earlier as her parents could no longer meet her financial needs. It is a quite common concept for parents to marry out their daughters when they can no longer cater for her as it is seen as the husband's duty to take over where they stopped and prevent the girl from 'messing' about with men for money.

No matter the bias against women who aren't financially stable, a woman depending on her husband solely is not same as a woman entering into several amorous relationships with men for money.

To be quite honest, she is in this mess because her husband 'changed/she didn't really know him'. Several men train their wives to the university and set them up in businesses. She is even willing to try her hands on several things yet he stops her. I suspect her husband doesn't want her to be financially stable, he wants absolute dependency on him. (a sign of an abuser)

@TheArchangel:

I believe you are unnecessarily harsh to the OP

She married a man she believed she could build her life with else she would have gone with richer suitors.

Also, she had carryovers due to not meeting the required attendance criteria and her husband did not let her re-take them which was not a problem because she wanted to focus on business.

She did several businesses which her husband was not in support of and wrecked till he told her his intention for her is to stay at home.
TheArchangel is harsh because she rushed to comment without even understanding the 'koko' oro.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by ednut1(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2016
people never learn

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by TheArchangel(f): 7:45pm On May 26, 2016
Ishilove:

TheArchangel is harsh because she rushed to comment without even understanding the 'koko' oro.
I read and assimilated before commenting and this wasn't my first post on the topic. Something prompted it.
I don't bloody care what the koko is or was...or..whatever.

She should get out of that house before her weed-smoking and Mike Tyson replica of a husband punch the innocent baby out of her womb and then maybe Ronke'ed her.
I don't do subtle. I am sorry.
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by TheArchangel(f): 7:50pm On May 26, 2016
Ishilove:

Did you read her posts at all??

Where on earth did you see in her narration that the man is rich? Obviously you skimmed through without understanding what she posted. undecided

She married him with the full knowledge that he is NOT financially buoyant.

Read her narration again...this time SLOWLY
Her post quoted by dayokanu caused the reaction. She married the man because he is fairly OK compared to where she is coming from....if it ain't it then tell me what is.
65. raumdeuter: Quote Post
luccicouture:
infact that was part of the reason i married early,to avoid relying on men for money.
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 26, 2016
egopersonified:
I felt you were crying while writing this post, when you started referring to your husband as 'you' instead of 'he' in your write up, I started crying too. If you can't leave now, why not look for a way to ensure you go to your parents from the hospital after childbirth instead of your mum coming over? You would have that three months window to make your decision.

Training our girls solely for the purpose of marriage should be discouraged, there is more to life than being a good wife and mother.
Well written, though I will advice the lady to please RUN for her life. Marriage is not by force. Indian hemp? Damn! sad

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Ishilove: 8:55pm On May 26, 2016
Kimoni:

Her father was rich but didn't care for his plenty family so naturally, she developed some sort of phobia for rich blokes thinking she'll end up as wife Nos 1 amongst many others and he wouldn't even take care of his family just like her father didn't.

So she preferred to marry a struggling guy, pull resources togther with him and be jointly responsible in caring for their small nuclear family. Hence she married early, as a struggling individual cum student and also married another struggling individual. But still, things didn't work as planned. If wishes were horses...
Cc theArchangel

This is the 'koko oro'

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by Joysa(f): 9:33pm On May 26, 2016
zaynie:
I was banned in the Health Section by ASB while trying to reply Joysa angry.

ha! ban ke?? aye ma nika o.. sorry abt dat o. pls I stil need ur input on d mata. tnx
Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by smartigo: 2:53am On May 27, 2016
woman (op), u are irritating me with your stupidity in facing the reality. Abi na joystick way u go miss dey worry u. You are practically a burden n a nonentity to your husband and you are happy staying under his roof!? nawa o......

first of all, he has no right to disrespect ur mother; wake up and shock him by leaving and starting a new life. it will be challenging but it is better than the life u r living presently.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... by mitchyy(f): 7:40am On May 27, 2016
I wanted to share my story with you, but reading through all the comments, i think people here have said it all. There is no point as its obvious ure not willing to budge and it's hurting me badly that you are towing the same lane with my mum all because of that annoying sentence, "what will people say?".

But know this.... Whatever decision you make now, your kids will either hate their father and blame you for your selfishness or they'll forever be grateful to you for putting your life and their lives first. The ball is in your court. But don't cry foul if he hurts either your unborn child and the baby when he/she finally comes out. By then, no one will listen to you because you chose marriage/husband over LIFE. And don't even think God will smile at you, because you are deliberately putting your baby in harms way not caring what will happen to him/her. Person nor dey see fire and then deliberately jump into it thinking God will miraculously intervene, when you know how precious your life is to God. Don't put him to the test.
What's the use praying without backing it with action?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Only Women In My Life! (picture) / My Friend Threatens To Divorce Wife Over This Issue / The Green Card Game:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.