Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,680 members, 7,955,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:01 AM

#SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria (52906 Views)

Photo Of A Guy Eating Snake Meat Sparks Outrage Online / Hot Lady's Weird Meal Combo Sparks Outrage Online (photo) / Outrage As Indian Packaged Garri Sells In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by gbens2000(m): 5:04pm On May 25, 2016
danxzy:
oh my God, see how they are wasting tomatoes while we buy 10pieces #500.
why is all this things happening to Nigeria?
e cheap for ur side be that oh,its 100naira per ball here undecided
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by ademolaaoc(m): 5:11pm On May 25, 2016
With our brand new fresh product, we have been able to reduce the burden on our people.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by joyli: 5:14pm On May 25, 2016
May God heal our land.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by crazygod(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2016
olive282:

Lol..so mk we begin make onion stew abi?
U're missing o if I've not tasted onion stew garnished with shrimps.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by crazygod(m): 5:16pm On May 25, 2016
reverendfather:
the rate I eat onions now ehn, hope onion nor get side effects
No side effect reverend. Just don't kiss madam o after u chop am.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by cybriz82(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2016
Ow dat 1 take affect dem.so becus una get problem meaning say una want mek e dey affect odas country also.#smh
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by LBanks(m): 5:23pm On May 25, 2016
Firefire:
Honestly, I do not see any issue with planting and harvesting Tomatoes in Nigeria apart from the diseases in some part of the Northern Nigeria.

Our main issue is the insecurity of farmers and the uncontrolled encroachment and destruction of farmland by Fulani Herdsmen from Libya making most farmers to desert their farms. embarassed
Who told you Fulani Herdsmen are Libyans?
Last time I checked those Libyans are more or less white skinned people just like the Egyptians and they were comfortable in their country untill US and Britain decided to topple Gaddaffi just like they did to Saddam with their propaganda and since then Libya has not had peace just like Iraq. I haven't seen any Libyans rearing cows in Nigeria and I dont seem to understand how Nigerians just believe anything they are told
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Leke001: 5:24pm On May 25, 2016
hahahaha...i laugh
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by olive282(f): 5:26pm On May 25, 2016
crazygod:

U're missing o if I've not tasted onion stew garnished with shrimps.

Tanchuuu
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Firefire(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2016
LBanks:
Last time I checked those Libyans are more or less white skinned people just like the Egyptians and they were comfortable in their country untill US and Britain decided to topple Gaddaffi just like they did to Saddam with their propaganda and since then Libya has not had peace just like Iraq. I haven't seen any Libyans rearing cows in Nigeria and I dont seem to understand how Nigerians just believe anything they are told

Are you a Nigerian ?

Are you living in Nigeria ?

How come you didn't hear when Nigeria president Mohomodu Buhary called the rampaging Fulani Herdsmen killing Nigerians to have come from Libya

Check the link below and revert. Thanks!

https://www.nairaland.com/3105216/herdsmen-killing-nigerians-libya-buhari

4 Likes

Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by anonimi: 5:37pm On May 25, 2016
joyli:
May God heal our land.

Do you mind explaining HOW exactly God will heal our land
Thanks.

Do you know WHY we can't use our God-given brains to heal our land?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3440708_fbimg1455656836280_jpega21733d390a85e19ecd1c0da3284b128
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by anonimi: 5:41pm On May 25, 2016
LBanks:

Because most of us are zombies.
Our president said that they are from Libya, so we believe.
No question asked. No answer given.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by adimsmt: 5:44pm On May 25, 2016
cramjones:
Nigeria’s ‘tomato Emergency’ Prompts Online Outrage — At Spain - Washington Post

Over the past few days, a number of Nigerian social media accounts have been posting photographs of La Tomatina in Bunol, Spain. For the uninitiated, La Tomatina is a festival that takes place in August and involves 20,000 participants from all over the world engaging in an enormous tomato fight. Some estimates say that more than 100 tons of tomatoes are thrown during the event.

La Tomatina is supposed to be fun. But to Nigerians, it evidently looks more like something else — an enormous waste of tomatoes.

This message online may be tongue-in-cheek, but the problem is a real one. In the past few months, the price of tomatoes has surged in Nigeria: from $1.20 a box to more than $40, according to the BBC ($1.20 translates to about 240 Nigerian naira). One state in northern Nigeria, Kaduna, has been forced to declare a state of emergency in the tomato sector.

Government officials say the culprit is Tuta absoluta, a type of moth that can ravage tomato crops (it is also known as tomato leafminer). At a news conference on Monday, Agriculture Commissioner Maigari Daniel Manzo said the pest had affected 80 percent of tomato crops in Kaduna.

The shortage is a considerable problem in Nigeria. Tomatoes are an important part of the country's cuisine, often forming the base of a stew or being included in other dishes, such as the famous Jollof rice. There have been long-standing concerns that the country cannot meet its own demand. While Nigeria's tomato industry, largely based in the north, is among the biggest in sub-Saharan Africa, the country imports huge amounts of tomatoes and tomato paste, often from China. Domestic growers, hampered by poor storage facilities, find about half of their produce going to waste.

The government has been seeking inventive plans to get around the shortage. In January, Africa's richest man announced a plan to help wean Nigeria off its reliance on foreign tomatoes — a plan that Agence France-Presse reports was supported by favorable government loans. Aliko Dangote had hoped that the Dangote Tomato Processing Factory could eventually provide more than half of the 900,000 tons demanded by Nigerian consumers.

There had initially been some suspicion that the Dangote plant was responsible for the shortage of tomatoes. However, the company announced this month that it would have to suspend production because it could not get enough tomatoes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/24/nigerias-tomato-emergency-prompts-online-outrage-at-spain/?tid=sm_fb

-CramJones

It is their sweet their technology and man power that produced the tomatoes they can do whatever they want with it . why can't Nigeria produce their own tomatoes what are the population of Spain compare Nigeria.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by joyli: 5:45pm On May 25, 2016
Well, I don't base in naija oo, I read News everyday online, and am like what is going on there embarassed

anonimi:

Do you mind explaining HOW exactly God will heal our land
Thanks.

Do you know WHY we can't use our God-given brains to heal our land?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3440708_fbimg1455656836280_jpega21733d390a85e19ecd1c0da3284b128
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by tohshine(m): 5:46pm On May 25, 2016
pepper would have been better instead of these
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by goodvision12(m): 6:04pm On May 25, 2016
fiftynaira:
Obiano is working Rochas is stealing Fayose is eating beans

I live in a country were nothing works!
BALIKISU!
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by udysweet(f): 6:45pm On May 25, 2016
Hahahahaha,it shdnt have any. I pray that one doesn't become scarce commodity too o because it still help in a way. The other day I bought 5pcs of tomatoes from the mallams jus at obalende for 300(those guys are still a bit honest maybe it wld be 500 or 400 elswere)I just got home,added plenty onions,and the fresh peper(that one isn't so bad tho)and blended everytin. I had this slightly bigger size of tomato puree at home,I jus opend the tin and added all,and I had a big pot of stew! The onions helped in a way to take out the taste of the tin tomatoes o. If I was to buy enof tomatoes,2k worth won't get anywere. May God help us in this land,things are really getting out of hand. Infact ehn letme go and charter more onions dwon o, before one tutu absoluta enter dat one too,lol!
reverendfather:
the rate I eat onions now ehn, hope onion nor get side effects
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by fiftynaira(m): 6:46pm On May 25, 2016
Twizzy30:
Why u no bring ur papa mk he cum lead us. I'm sure ur fada no get primary sch certificate

Papa has a phd
He ain't a politician
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by doskie(m): 6:57pm On May 25, 2016
refiner:
were is our God?...undecided
is a lieee ohhh ya nor the oneon your dp. You can lie
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 7:07pm On May 25, 2016
doskie:
is a lieee ohhh ya nor the oneon your dp. You can lie
...lol!

yea I'm not...u are!smiley
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by Twizzy30(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2016
fiftynaira:

Papa has a phd He ain't a politician
ooh. Piksur or adonbilivit. undecided
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by fiftynaira(m): 7:28pm On May 25, 2016
Twizzy30:
ooh. Piksur or adonbilivit. undecided

No comments
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by doskie(m): 7:47pm On May 25, 2016
refiner:

...lol!
The
yea I'm not...u are!smiley
truth is nor me oh.
You downloaded it. Okay swear dah iz you na. Swear
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 8:13pm On May 25, 2016
doskie:
truth is nor me oh.
You downloaded it. Okay swear dah iz you na. Swear
...lol sweety...I'm contesting for a position here in nairaland.... so,why should I use a fake picx as my dp?undecided
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by doskie(m): 8:32pm On May 25, 2016
refiner:

...lol sweety...I'm contesting for a position here in nairaland.... so,why should I use a fake picx as my dp?undecided
apart from my vote what else can i offer? Dyou want my atm pin? Oh plzzzz dont say no. Plzzzz. Or you prefer my bbm pin
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by doskie(m): 8:36pm On May 25, 2016
refiner:

omo!!! See the number of people ya following. And only 12 are females.. Tchaiii. I don run o. Super saturated aliphatic hydrocarbon.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 8:43pm On May 25, 2016
doskie:
omo!!! See the number of people ya following. And only 12 are females.. Tchaiii. I don run o. Super saturated aliphatic hydrocarbon.
....kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikkkigringringrin

run as fast as ur legs can carry u.....

but I still need your vote and supports thowink
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by fayidomicheal(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2016
They think good governance just about fighting opposition party ..they forgot to deal with the economy sector ... If things should go on this way then nigeria will be in hot ship..
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 10:12pm On May 25, 2016
/
What's the big deal about tomatoes?

Buy canned tomatoes until the situation improves.

A small tin of tomatoes (N150) will do what N1000 fresh tomatoes cannot do.

Lazy Nigerians: Always salivating over other people's effort.
\
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by doskie(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2016
refiner:

....kikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikkkigringringrin

run as fast as ur legs can carry u.....

but I still need your vote and supports thowink
what party. I wont just vote nau.. I'll need to interview you. How will I now know I'm casting my vote for the right person. What position are you vying for and how much are you expecting to make. What will you do for the bachelors on this forum during your tenure? Whats your solution to this problem of tomatoes in Nigeria?
If you were to go to sambisa alone. Name 3 items you would take along.
What concern have you shown so far about the chibok girls? Do you know their Names? Have you visited their parents as a concerned citizen of nairaland?
What did you think about linda ikeji and whiskit?
Igbos and yorubas diss each other on nairaland.. Discuss
All monkeys respect their fathers. Proove with diagrams.
Describe in few words how you will put a giraffe inside a ghana must go bag.
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by fortunechy(m): 10:57pm On May 25, 2016
i weep for diz country wia the center can not hold
Re: #SpainTomatoFestival Sparks Online Outrage In Nigeria by refiner(f): 10:57pm On May 25, 2016
doskie:
what party. I wont just vote nau.. I'll need to interview you. How will I now know I'm casting my vote for the right person. What position are you vying for and how much are you expecting to make. What will you do for the bachelors on this forum during your tenure? Whats your solution to this problem of tomatoes in Nigeria?
If you were to go to sambisa alone. Name 3 items you would take along.
What concern have you shown so far about the chibok girls? Do you know their Names? Have you visited their parents as a concerned citizen of nairaland?
What did you think about linda ikeji and whiskit?
Igbos and yorubas diss each other on nairaland.. Discuss
All monkeys respect their fathers. Proove with diagrams.
Describe in few words how you will put a giraffe inside a ghana must go bag.

..*faints!**...undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot / See What I Saw In A Tin Tomato! We Just Need To Be Careful / 'When God Of Bush Meat Remembered Me'; Man Shares His Experience In Owerri. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.