Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia (23633 Views)

40 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Lagos / 97 Nigerians Deported From South Africa For Various Offences Arrive In Lagos / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by callydon(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2016
For the second time in one month, United Kingdom and Australia yesterday jointly deported 40 Nigerians for various immigration offences.

The deportees comprising male and female arrived at the hajj camp area of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport at 7:25am with chartered aircraft.
Information gathered by our correspondent indicated that chartered aircraft with the registration number ZTA -4741 repatriated into the country 36 Nigerians comprising 29 males and seven females.

Also, Air Seychelles with the registration number SND-1 brought four males into the country for similar immigration offences.

Apart from Nigerians that were deported by the two countries, some citizens of Africa especially from Ghana, Liberia and Egypt were equally deported alongside the Nigerians.

The returnees were received by various agencies such as Immigration that checked their identities to ascertain their nationalities, Police, National Agency for Protection and Trafficking in Persons, NAPTIP, and other relevan t stakeholders.

A source close to the terminal who didn’t want his name in print told our correspondents that some of the deportees were violent when officers of the Nigerian Immigration Service, NIS, attached to the international wing of the airport attempted to collect their fingerprints for data purpose.

The source told our correspondent that others who didn’t kick against the fingerprinting were swiftly attended to by the officers and were allowed to leave the airport after the completion of their documentations.

When our correspondent visited the hajj and cargo terminal where the deportees used as exit, they wore sombre look and refused to speak with our correspondent.

Some of them waited for any available means to get out of the airport without attracting much attention to themselves while others talked in trickles.
The deportees it was gathered were returned from their host countries for overstaying their visas and other immigration offences.

The Public Relations Officer, NIS, Mr. Ekpedeme King confirmed the deportation with our correspondent on phone, but could not give much details.
He said that the service was still awaiting more information from its Lagos office as at the time of filing in this report.

Sometime in April, 48 Nigerians were jointly deported by UK and Switzerland Governments for several residing in their countries illegally.

http://thenationonlineng.net/40-nigerians-deported-uk-australia/

1 Share

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by ifyloveme(m): 3:29pm On May 25, 2016
God will see dem true

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Luckylife(m): 3:40pm On May 25, 2016
Ok
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Lovelynature(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2016
Nawao! The thought of returning to Naija in this Economic hardship would make those guys go crazy

Lalasticlala where art thou?

Password: Tonto Dike and Tiwa Savage killed snake

16 Likes

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by lifezone247(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2016
Oh! boy. Hope those nairalanders that always commentin, I'm not coming back to that country are not among the deportees? Una welcome, make na sef come taste all those things wey we dey post for NL wey na dey read.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by balancediet(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2016
I tell Abies make she wait make I do NYSC finish b4 we reason she say she wan go Australia, de update dp anyhow, see now...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 25, 2016
sad
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Emmatdayo(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2016
nigerians just they fall our hands abroad

all this biafrans sef undecided lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by bright007(f): 4:54pm On May 25, 2016
Welcome back home....

No place like home
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by jice(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2016
[size=18pt]Fantastically corrupt[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by marycool18(f): 4:54pm On May 25, 2016
lipsrsealed welcome home!
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 25, 2016
Politicians trying to use immigration as a scoring point hence their aggressive chase of illegal immigrants. As if that will appease the eurosceptics. All they want is Brexit

6 Likes

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by MadCow1: 4:55pm On May 25, 2016
UK deportees and normally South-Westerners.. grin

If to say na China or Japan deportees, I for rush to check wether my guys names dey there.. grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by gurunlocker: 4:55pm On May 25, 2016
This one go still con add to the population again

13 Likes

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by osaslord500(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2016
cry
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 25, 2016
Lemme check if lalasticlacla is among the deportees...

9 Likes

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by demola300(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2016
ok
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by hemartins(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2016
Daaayyyyuuuum.
How does it feel to be sent back to Nigeria?
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by sassiemyk: 4:58pm On May 25, 2016
Chai, what great return to their fatherland. have yhu ever been so afraid of a place?
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 25, 2016
gud news
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Pavore9: 5:00pm On May 25, 2016
Reality sets in.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 25, 2016
chowlade:
gud news
whch kind talk b dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by lifezone247(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2016
balancediet:
I tell Abies make she wait make I do NYSC finish b4 we reason she say she wan go Australia, de update dp anyhow, see now...
grin grin grin
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by lolawilliams(f): 5:01pm On May 25, 2016
ehyah
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by jordinsparkles(f): 5:01pm On May 25, 2016
My oh my oh my.......pls tell me why oh wh.....y they can't get eno.....ugh *in tiwa savage's voice*
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 25, 2016
Amazing
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 25, 2016
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 25, 2016
lolawilliams:
ehyah
I pity them
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by cao(f): 5:06pm On May 25, 2016
AdaNri1:
Politicians trying to use immigration as a scoring point hence their aggressive chase of illegal immigrants. As if that will appease the eurosceptics. All they want is Brexit
Na so-o, the world is turning into something else. Folks listening to UKIP, Trump being a viable candidate...

Emmatdayo:
nigerians just they fall our hands abroad
all this biafrans sef undecided lipsrsealed
I didn't know you knew all 36 deportees personally...what happened to the other 4? Since this article doesn't talk about them...
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by lolawilliams(f): 5:06pm On May 25, 2016
CFCman:
I pity them
you're online. lemme check my mail smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boys' Brigade Member Killed By Ambulance Conveying Corpse At A Burial. Photos / Driver Crashes Into Electric Pole Along Ebeano Tunnel In Enugu / Accident Involving 2 Trailers, SUV And Buses At Jibowu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.