Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia (23635 Views)

40 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Lagos / 97 Nigerians Deported From South Africa For Various Offences Arrive In Lagos / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by ATERI(m): 12:15am On May 26, 2016
AdaNri1:
im not convinced myself but I'm leaning towards out while my husband is for staying In. He doesn't want the hassle of getting a visa just to go Mallorca or Ibiza. But I don't mind, the TTIP is just a shadow of what Europe represents. Also with the likes of Turkey and Macedonia joining very soon I just don't know

And you are 100% sure that TTIP would not be accepted by Britain once BREXIT carries the day? Anyway, don`t forget where your maternity leave and other employment rights come from. Margaret Thatcher did not opt out of the social chapter that all Europeans subscribe to for nothing.
And Boris Johnson used to be the most important voice in favour of Turkey joining the EU, likely to flip-flop back to that position when he gets the big prize he is after. Also bear it in mind that when BREXIT talk of embracing immgration from the Commonwealth, what they are after are immigrants from Canada, Australia and New Zealand. They are against Turkey and Eastern Europe today, but it`s going to be against Nigeria and Jamaica after leaving the EU.

1 Like

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by ATERI(m): 12:34am On May 26, 2016
damilove:

I will be surprised if we exit undecided I don't think most people are fully convinced by all the stuff highlighted by the "out" campaigners.

They're already causing family confusion, I'm in, my wife is out, our two grown up sons are yet to decide grin

Well, I would advise you to talk things over with your children. UK students are starting to emigrate to the rest of Europe for their education because of the reckless increase in university fees to £9,000 per session. In the rest of EU, British students pay next to nothing because they are all in EU. Gap year in Europe is straight-forward at present, but leaving EU would change that. The social and economic consequences of leaving would affect the younger generation more than their parents.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by ATERI(m): 12:36am On May 26, 2016
laoma15:
I will strongly advise that the government put in place a counseling unit at the arrival point for the deportees. Some of the deportees have stayed abroad for years and hardly knows where to go or how to start life again. We need to start treating each other as human beings. No matter what happened they are still citizens of Nigeria. some of the returnees sometimes comes back with nothing. Government could also put in place a process where they could be given some stipends to support them for transporting and upkeep for some few days. It's so sad to note that some of the deportees dies suddenly as a result of untreated traumas associated with the deportations.

Don`t forget that all of them are criminals, according to our President.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by banmee(m): 12:46am On May 26, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
whch kind talk b dat

Misery likes company.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by banmee(m): 12:47am On May 26, 2016
cao:

Na so-o, the world is turning into something else. Folks listening to UKIP, Trump being a viable candidate...

Trump is no candidate. Most people don't understand math which is they think so.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 6:02am On May 26, 2016
ATERI:

Don`t forget that all of them are criminals, according to our President.

Well, they are CRIMINALS because they violated the host countries immigration policies.

So, His Excellency, General M Buhari, elder Statesman, two times President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Conquerer of Matsatsine, was indeed right grin
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by shizzle11(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2016
pendusky:

cheesy he's a pro Buhari, but life changes when we heard how UK want to repatriate those earning below a certain amount grin

he was deported! the Fvctard master grin
bwuahahahahaha.....lwkmd! fvcktard master indeed

He was obviously one of the nuisance over there, so dude is even a pauper in the UK and now the fvcktard is now back in sagamu....Good! let him come and enjoy change he wanted. hahahaha sagamumu welcome back home. To think that these are some of the Moro. ns that calls Nigeria a sh1thole at will, now it's time to enjoy the sh1thole.

There's this other nigga shymmex, hope the loudmouth is one them ....lmao cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 7:38am On May 26, 2016
ATERI:

And you are 100% sure that TTIP would not be accepted by Britain once BREXIT carries the day? Anyway, don`t forget where your maternity leave and other employment rights come from. Margaret Thatcher did not opt out of the social chapter that all Europeans subscribe to for nothing.
And Boris Johnson used to be the most important voice in favour of Turkey joining the EU, likely to flip-flop back to that position when he gets the big prize he is after. Also bear it in mind that when BREXIT talk of embracing immgration from the Commonwealth, what they are after are immigrants from Canada, Australia and New Zealand. They are against Turkey and Eastern Europe today, but it`s going to be against Nigeria and Jamaica after leaving the EU.
you've made very good points I have to say but being In does not change anything for me. Yes I'm currently on maternity leave cheesy (you must be a wizard) and I'm enjoying my maternity pay, but I just don't know why I'm still leaning towards out. Let's just say I don't like the bureaucracy of Brussels, I don't want to pay to use the NHS and I work in the NHS and it doesn't look like it'll survive under Europe.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by jamal080(m): 12:13pm On May 26, 2016
I hope some didn't have their papers...
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by ATERI(m): 11:08pm On May 26, 2016
AdaNri1:
you've made very good points I have to say but being In does not change anything for me. Yes I'm currently on maternity leave (you must be a wizard) and I'm enjoying my maternity pay, but I just don't know why I'm still leaning towards out. Let's just say I don't like the bureaucracy of Brussels, I don't want to pay to use the NHS and I work in the NHS and it doesn't look like it'll survive under Europe.

Ha ha, funny! Maybe additional income from card-reading then.
Would like to know your views on the tussle between junior doctors and Jeremy Hunt, especially in the context of the EU. The European Working Time Directive protects the health and safety of workers. Jeremy Hunt wanted to spread resources meant for five days to seven willy-nilly. This is happening notwithstanding the fact that UK is still a member of the European Union, and European laws restrict the number of hours an individual can work. Working on Sundays in the rest of Europe is considered a big deal, even in the health sector, so it would be insane for anyone to suggest there that they should treat their work on Sundays as just another day . In Britain, everybody is encouraged to opt out of 48-hour week, never a big deal, but people that deal with life and death situation should not be forced into doing that. My point is, the European Court of Justice would come to the aid of junior doctors in Britain, sooner or later. That can`t happen after leaving.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by ATERI(m): 11:17pm On May 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Well, they are CRIMINALS because they violated the host countries immigration policies.

So, His Excellency, General M Buhari, elder Statesman, two times President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Conquerer of Matsatsine, was indeed right grin

Can anyone be more criminal than a terrorist that sent his fellow terrorists to London to kidnap Umaru Dikko? Nigeria and Nigerians gave Buhari everything; what has Buhari given Nigerians? International disgrace! Good luck to you and your garrulous president.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 26, 2016
ATERI:

Can anyone be more criminal than a terrorist that sent his fellow terrorists to London to kidnap Umaru Dikko? Nigeria and Nigerians gave Buhari everything; what has Buhari given Nigerians? International disgrace! Good luck to you and your garrulous president.

That act, which I support immensely, is not against the constitution of the republic.

Yes, General Buhari is my President, I support him without any reservation.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by Nobody: 9:51am On May 27, 2016
ATERI:

Ha ha, funny! Maybe additional income from card-reading then.
Would like to know your views on the tussle between junior doctors and Jeremy Hunt, especially in the context of the EU. The European Working Time Directive protects the health and safety of workers. Jeremy Hunt wanted to spread resources meant for five days to seven willy-nilly. This is happening notwithstanding the fact that UK is still a member of the European Union, and European laws restrict the number of hours an individual can work. Working on Sundays in the rest of Europe is considered a big deal, even in the health sector, so it would be insane for anyone to suggest there that they should treat their work on Sundays as just another day . In Britain, everybody is encouraged to opt out of 48-hour week, never a big deal, but people that deal with life and death situation should not be forced into doing that. My point is, the European Court of Justice would come to the aid of junior doctors in Britain, sooner or later. That can`t happen after leaving.

Jeremy Hunt is a weasel of a man who earns so much but doesn't think others deserve a good pay for their hard work. You've seen what they can do even with being in the EU, I don't think they can do any worse even if Britain voted out. The major reason why the NHS will collapse is that the Tories will sell it to their cronies who will be protected under EU laws. As you can see more migrants from countries where health care is not free are coming in droves, I don't think it can be sustained as it is now unless they decide to either put in more fund or start charging people at the point of use. Frankly if you live up north and see the demands made by some of these Europeans on the NHS you may be tempted to vote out.
Re: 40 Nigerians Deported From UK, Australia by ATERI(m): 1:47am On May 28, 2016
AdaNri1:
Jeremy Hunt is a weasel of a man who earns so much but doesn't think others deserve a good pay for their hard work. You've seen what they can do even with being in the EU, I don't think they can do any worse even if Britain voted out. The major reason why the NHS will collapse is that the Tories will sell it to their cronies who will be protected under EU laws. As you can see more migrants from countries where health care is not free are coming in droves, I don't think it can be sustained as it is now unless they decide to either put in more fund or start charging people at the point of use. Frankly if you live up north and see the demands made by some of these Europeans on the NHS you may be tempted to vote out.

My sister, the Netherlands has the best healthcare system in Western Europe, the United Kingdom has never made it into top 10. Switzerland usually comes 2nd followed by the Scandinavian countries, so forget about NHS. Every citizen of the EU that resides in a member state enjoys either free or heavily subsidized healthcare that the citizens of that country enjoy. This means that the 1.2m Brits that scatter around Europe would come back home for their health issues upon leaving the EU.
The problem I have with this referendum is that, no immigrants would gain anything from it. Should Leavers carry the day, the Tories would destroy whatever workers` rights the UK have. Should the Remainers win it, that is likely to boost the chances of Nigel Farage as people gravitate towards UKIP in the next general election; and with that, all bets would be off. What is at stake is not necessarily the United States of Europe or United Europe of States, but the existence of the United Kingdom as we know it. Can Britain leave the European Union and expect Scotland not to leave Britain? We shall see
One thing that gives me hope that you will vote wisely is your superb analysis of what the Tories are all about. A vote to leave is a vote for the Conservative party. It has been nice chatting to you. Have a great weekend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boys' Brigade Member Killed By Ambulance Conveying Corpse At A Burial. Photos / Driver Crashes Into Electric Pole Along Ebeano Tunnel In Enugu / Nigeria Exempts American Citizens From Paying Biometric Service Charges For VISA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.