Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard (3451 Views)

Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ / Pastor Divorces Wife Of 21 Years For Sleeping With A Deacon And A Bishop / Man Divorces Wife Born With No Vagina (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by obaao(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2016
Lagos – A Lagos Island Customary Court on Wednesday dissolved the 17-year-old marriage between a transporter, Haruna Amunikoro, and his wife, Alimotu, after he complained that his wife built a house without informing him.

Granting the husband’s request, the court President, Mr Awos Awosola, said that the effort of the court to reconcile the parties had failed, as Amunikoro insisted on divorce.

“The marriage between the two parties is hereby dissolved with effect from today in accordance with the Lagos State Customary Court Law, 2011, Order 3, Rule 7, as amended.

“The custody of the first child and only son, Anus, 15, is awarded to the father while that of the two girls, Simiyat, 10; and Aishat, 7, remains with the wife.

“The petitioner should pay the children’s feeding allowances of N10,000 on a monthly basis through this honourable court and should also be responsible for the children school and hospital bills.

“However, both parties are granted unhindered access to the child/children at any reasonable time of the day,’’ he ruled.

Awosola also ordered the petitioner to give the respondent N250,000 compensation within seven days of the judgment with which to start her new life.

Amuniloro, 42, who resides at No. 91/93 Odunfa St., Lagos Island, in his petition, told the court that his wife, a trader, bought a plot of land in Ikorodu and built a bungalow on it without letting him know.

“My wife has also started giving out tricycle and motorcycle to riders and they pay for them on installment, which is the same business that I do.

“I have warned her severally to stop the business but she would not listen. On two occasions she has stabbed me with a kitchen knife and a scissors.

“My wife is not sincere with me. She hides so many things about herself from me. I cannot cope with her secretive ways any more, please separate us,’’ he pleaded with the court.

Alimotu, who did not deny the allegations, said that she started being secretive with her husband
because of the sudden change in his behaviour and his infidelity.

She told the court that their marriage which was once blissful took a different turn in 2012 when they rented their own apartment.

“We were staying in my husband’s family house before we rented our own apartment in 2012, since then my husband has been unfaithful to me.

“He brings different kinds of women into our matrimonial home and sleeps with them on our bed.
“Whenever I confronted him, he beats me. On three occasions my husband beat me to a pulp and stripped me naked.

“I joined him in doing the same business because it is a lucrative one, but since I started it, I have had no rest of mind,’’ she said.

Alimotu, who had consistently prayed the court to reconcile them as she still loved her husband, however, pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage without further delay.

“Since I have been begging my husband and his family for so long and nothing positive have come of it, please dissolve the marriage so I can go on with my life,’’ she said.

Sign iLagos – A Lagos Island Customary Court on Wednesday dissolved the 17-year-old marriage between a transporter, Haruna Amunikoro, and his wife, Alimotu, after he complained that his wife built a house without informing him.

Granting the husband’s request, the court President, Mr Awos Awosola, said that the effort of the court to reconcile the parties had failed, as Amunikoro insisted on divorce.

“The marriage between the two parties is hereby dissolved with effect from today in accordance with the Lagos State Customary Court Law, 2011, Order 3, Rule 7, as amended.

“The custody of the first child and only son, Anus, 15, is awarded to the father while that of the two girls, Simiyat, 10; and Aishat, 7, remains with the wife.

“The petitioner should pay the children’s feeding allowances of N10,000 on a monthly basis through this honourable court and should also be responsible for the children school and hospital bills.

“However, both parties are granted unhindered access to the child/children at any reasonable time of the day,’’ he ruled.

Awosola also ordered the petitioner to give the respondent N250,000 compensation within seven days of the judgment with which to start her new life.

Amuniloro, 42, who resides at No. 91/93 Odunfa St., Lagos Island, in his petition, told the court that his wife, a trader, bought a plot of land in Ikorodu and built a bungalow on it without letting him know.

“My wife has also started giving out tricycle and motorcycle to riders and they pay for them on installment, which is the same business that I do.

“I have warned her severally to stop the business but she would not listen. On two occasions she has stabbed me with a kitchen knife and a scissors.

“My wife is not sincere with me. She hides so many things about herself from me. I cannot cope with her secretive ways any more, please separate us,’’ he pleaded with the court.

Alimotu, who did not deny the allegations, said that she started being secretive with her husband
because of the sudden change in his behaviour and his infidelity.

She told the court that their marriage which was once blissful took a different turn in 2012 when they rented their own apartment.

“We were staying in my husband’s family house before we rented our own apartment in 2012, since then my husband has been unfaithful to me.

“He brings different kinds of women into our matrimonial home and sleeps with them on our bed.
“Whenever I confronted him, he beats me. On three occasions my husband beat me to a pulp and stripped me naked.

“I joined him in doing the same business because it is a lucrative one, but since I started it, I have had no rest of mind,’’ she said.

Alimotu, who had consistently prayed the court to reconcile them as she still loved her husband, however, pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage without further delay.

“Since I have been begging my husband and his family for so long and nothing positive have come of it, please dissolve the marriage so I can go on with my life,’’ she said.

Newest | Oldestn415

Post comment as...
Newest | Oldest
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 25, 2016
Too bad..
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by tulipsmadra: 6:09pm On May 25, 2016
Don't tell me she was planning a surprise for her hubby. If she can do that she can kill as well. My ₦145 opinion...

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Kondomatic(m): 6:12pm On May 25, 2016
The only excuse women give when cases like these are levelled against them is that he's been unfaithful to me.

Apparently because the busy body society always believe them.

And there she's telling us that she still love him. What if had died when you stabbed him? Not even once.

And which kain woman dey profess love to a man that cheats on her, beats her and had once stripped her unclad.

A man he stabbed twice and built a house without his knowledge.

Thunder fire that kain love.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by thorpido(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2016
The major problem is not that the woman built a house without the man's knowledge but that trust had broken down between them coupled with domestic violence and infidelity.

A woman can build her own house but why do it behind your husband's back except trust is gone?
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by waxxydude: 7:00pm On May 25, 2016
Them open eye and mouth name their only son "anus" aka yansh. cheesy cheesy chai

And dem go dey expect d pikin to rich pass dangote. temme y dah one nor go like im fellow man yansh. nawa
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 25, 2016
The man sounds so petty.

I wish them good luck in their separation.

6 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by edwife(f): 7:41pm On May 25, 2016
thorpido:
The major problem is not that the woman built a house without the man's knowledge but that trust had broken down between them coupled with domestic violence and infidelity.

A woman can build her own house but why do it behind your husband's back except trust is gone?

Exactly, having to live and hide things from your spouse- not a marriage one desires.

It's best they go their separate ways, they were house mates for a long time. If there is no trust in the marriage, why remain in it and act like a thief? Such a miserable life. undecided
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by quivah(f): 7:48pm On May 25, 2016
Kondomatic:
[s]The only excuse women give when cases like these are levelled against them is that he's been unfaithful to me.[/s]

And there she's telling us that she still love him. What if had dyied when you stabbed him? Not even once.

And which kain woman dey profess love to a man that cheats on her, beats her and had once stripped her unclad.

What if she had died from the constant beatings?

And when she gave the 'unfaithful' line excuse, did he deny it? which shows she said the truth.
Besides, which woman (sensible) will even tell her unfaithful, not trustworthy, woman beater husband such good news.. So he will finally kill her and take over her house.

You obviously didn't see anything wrong in his cheating ways or when he beats her but you seemed bothered when she stabbed him and made progress

ok na

9 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Kondomatic(m): 8:01pm On May 25, 2016
quivah:

What if she had died from the constant beatings?

And when she gave the 'unfaithful' line excuse, did he deny it? which shows she said the truth.
Besides, which woman (sensible) will even tell her unfaithful, not trustworthy, woman beater husband such good news.. So he will finally kill her and take over her house.

You obviously didn't see anything wrong in his cheating ways or when he beats her but you seemed bothered when she stabbed him

ok na
Madam.

He wants to quit because she bought a land, built a house without his knowledge and because she stabbed him twice.

But she wants to continue because(according to her) he beats her, cheats on her, brings different woman home and strips her unclad.

What does that tell you?

It is either she's lying or she's senseless.

Try to understand what someone is saying before you start preaching.

3 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by quivah(f): 8:09pm On May 25, 2016
Kondomatic:
Madam.

He wants to quit because she bought a land, built a house without his knowledge and because she stabbed him twice.

But she wants to continue because(according to her) he beats her, cheats on her, brings different woman home and strips her unclad.

What does that tell you?

It is either she's lying or she's senseless.

Try to understand what someone is saying before you start preaching.

Mister!
He wants to quit because she built a house.

It tells nothing, because neither of them denied the accusations..
She probably only wanted to stay 'married'.. And that doesnt make her senseless or a liar, a lot of married women in her shoes still stayed with their useless husbands.

I'm still trying to figure out how your last post corresponse to this, well! I'm now my surprised ..you are known to always run around even with your own words..

9 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Kondomatic(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2016
quivah:

Mister!

She probably only wanted to stay 'married'.. And that doesnt make her senseless or a liar, a lot of married women in her shoes still stayed with their useless husbands.

I'm still trying to figure out how your last post corresponse to this, well! I'm now my surprised ..you are known to always run around even with your own words..
Only a senseless woman stays with a useless husband.

Simple.

No be small always run around with words. You're pathetic.

I rarely use this account and I don't engage people with it so please do me a favour and say what you know or please Bleep off.

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by johnson232: 8:39pm On May 25, 2016
FrancisTony:
The man sounds so petty.

so u think a woman buildng a house without the knowledge of her husband isn't worth bringing to the fore?
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by johnson232: 8:44pm On May 25, 2016
quivah:

Mister!

the bold makes the married women useless as well...
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 25, 2016
johnson232:

so u think a woman buildng a house without the knowledge of her husband isn't worth bringing to the fore?
It didn't still hide the fact he was petty..

Over an irrelevant thing except he has a more pressing reason which he is hiding - seems like insecurity & intimidation at its peak.

3 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by johnson232: 8:51pm On May 25, 2016
tulipsmadra:
Don't tell me she was planning a surprise for her hubby. If she can do that she can kill as well. My ₦145 opinion...
your opinion is quite an expensive one sir... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by johnson232: 8:57pm On May 25, 2016
FrancisTony:

It didn't still hide the fact he was petty..

Over an irrelevant thing except he has a more pressing reason which he is hiding - seems like insecurity & intimidation at its peak.
you are studiously evading my question sir... u remarked the man was petty.. & i asked...
Do u think a woman buildng a house without the knowledge of her husband isn't worth bringing to the fore?
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by quivah(f): 9:02pm On May 25, 2016
Kondomatic:
Only a senseless woman stays with a useless husband.

Simple.

No be small always run around with words. You're pathetic.

I rarely use this account and I don't engage people with it so please do me a favour and say what you know or please Bleep off.

Oh right! You rarely use this account... That's why I can smell who's behind this moniker from miles away.. So don't flatter yourself, I know what I'm saying..

Yes, it could take a senseless woman to stay with a useless man.. Now, the issue is you being funny about the useless man!
When I said you are always running around with your words,I meant it! The issue here is in your first post!
I leave you to it!

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by quivah(f): 9:07pm On May 25, 2016
johnson232:

the bold makes the married women useless as well...
Well... That's not my problem!

2 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by raumdeuter: 9:09pm On May 25, 2016
Best solution

Especially when stabbing don enter
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Kondomatic(m): 9:10pm On May 25, 2016
quivah:

Oh right! You rarely use this account... That's why I can smell who's behind this moniker from miles away.. So don't flatter yourself, I know what I'm saying..
A screenshot of where I ran away from my words either with this account or whichever account you're talking about or go to bed.

quivah:
Yes, it does take a senseless woman to stay with a senseless man.. Now, the issue is you being funny about the senseless man!
I never called him a senseless or useless man, you did.

He can't be senseless and still go to court to file for divorce but the smart woman still begs to continue with a useless man.

Is it not better to be senseless and useless and be like him than to be smart and be like her?
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by johnson232: 9:22pm On May 25, 2016
quivah:

Well... That's not my problem!
yeah... it is no longer your business because u see the word "women"...
but it was your business when u were positing how useless the husband was....

this your man hating won't lead u anywhere my sister...
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by quivah(f): 9:25pm On May 25, 2016
Kondomatic:
A screenshot of where I ran away from my words either with this account or whichever account you're talking about or go to bed.

I never called him a senseless or useless man, you did.

He can't be senseless and still go to court to file for divorce but the smart woman still begs to continue with a useless man.

Is it not better to be senseless and useless and be like him than to be smart and be like her?
Ok, you seemed to be confused!
In your first post, you could only see what she had done while obviously hiding the fact that the husband triggered it... Now, I brought it to you that they are both guilty and in Nigeria, some women still put up with their husband's cheating, panel beating acts and stay married. She couldn't be any different. So you running to jump into the conclusion that she's lying( Mr lying machine) while her husband didn't deny the allegations or she's senseless, for still wanting to stay with the man even after all that had happened is just a total crap! .. Why can't there be the possibility that she still wants the marriage as much as many nig women in her shoes do. You wouldn't call these women senseless or liars, you will advise then to even stay. But in the op's case, she's either lying or senseless because she used the 'unfaithful' line (which the society believes always), she built a house, she still wants to stay irrespective..
And what excuse were you expecting? Instead of the I still love him (which she still might,some husbands still claim to love their wives upon all the infidelity and battering) you expect her to tell the judge story about why she wants to stay because she doesn't want the naija label?

The issue is; his wife built a house and he wants a divorce.
As for your first paragraph, abegi!!

6 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by quivah(f): 9:32pm On May 25, 2016
johnson232:

[s]
yeah... it is no longer your business because u see the word "women"...
but it was your business when u were positing how useless the husband was....

this your man hating won't lead u anywhere my sister[/s]..
Mr man! Relax .
Its not my problem because they chose to stay with the man.. They are either senseless like you've said or they just want to stay married like the woman in the op since being a single mother/divorcee in nig is wahala. Or as usual just want to stay because of their kids.
You and most people will support these women who wants to stay and here you are calling one of them 'senseless'

PS; I Dont hate men and im sorry to say but you sound very annoying for saying such, should I also say kondomatic is woman hating ?
Please, at least use your brain small..it can't explode

5 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Kondomatic(m): 9:40pm On May 25, 2016
quivah:

Ok, you seemed to be confused!
I doubt if you know the meaning of the word
quivah:
In your first post, you could only see what she had done while obviously hiding the fact that the husband triggered it...
The husband want to divorce her because one, she built a house without his knowledge. 2 because she stabbed him twice.

The wife didn't deny that, instead she blamed her husband for cheating, beating and stripping her unclad and still pleaded for forgiveness because she still loves the man.

That's why her accusation is useless cause only a senseless woman will like to continue with such a man.

quivah:
Now, I brought it to you that they are both guilty and in Nigeria, some women still put up with their husband's cheating, panel beating acts and stay married.
You think they're both guilty and I think he isn't.

Don't you think that's my opinion and you should respect it cause I am entitled to it?

quivah:
She couldn't be any different. So you running to jump into the conclusion that she's lying( Mr lying machine) while her husband didn't deny the allegations or she's senseless,
What's the need when he has made up his mind?

He would have denied it if he was seeking for peace but he's done with the marriage so it doesn't matter who's guilty or not.

quivah:
for still wanting to stay with the man .. Why can't there be the possibility that she still wants the marriage as much as many nig women in her shoes do.
They're senseless.
quivah:
You wouldn't call these women senseless or liars,
I just did.
quivah:
you will advise then to even stay.
Second time you're jumping to premature conclusions and neither times have you been right
quivah:
But in the op's case, she's either lying or senseless because she used the 'unfaithful' line (which the society believes always),
She's either lying or senseless. If she's telling the truth then she doesnt value her life which makes her senseless.
quivah:
she built a house, she still wants to stay irrespective..
Yea. Because she's either lying or senseless.

If she's lying then she has no reason to leave. If she's telling the truth but still wishes to stay then she's senseless.

quivah:
The issue is; his wife built a house and he wants a divorce.
As for your first paragraph, abegi!!
If a screen grab is too hard for you then mention the moniker or go to bed like I said earlier.
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by quivah(f): 9:48pm On May 25, 2016
∆∆
Tall.. ,, Its late and I'm actually going to bed, need to be up early tomorrow ..
And you have confirmed my suspicions.. He's not guilty of the infidelity, battery while she's guilty of acting according to it...
Maybe she's senseless for still wanting the marriage, but she's a very sensible woman from keeping her house from such a man..

3 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 25, 2016
johnson232:

you are studiously evading my question sir... u remarked the man was petty.. & i asked...
Do u think a woman buildng a house without the knowledge of her husband isn't worth bringing to the fore?
It's less of my concern if you can't take the answer I gave you; who cares? It's quite laughable how you have been on the neck of everyone that seemed not to massage the man's ego...

4 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by cococandy(f): 12:29am On May 26, 2016
They are both violent towards each other and that to me is good grounds for divorce.

Her owning a house without his knowledge isn't a crime in my book. We all know Nigerian husbands will hardly involve their wives as co-owners of property they acquired together in the marriage.
A wise woman will set something aside for herself especially in this case where the man has mistresses. Tomorrow one stranger from somewhere will come out and start claiming your property that you suffered to acquire during the marriage in the name of love child.

Typical control freaks like this dude won't want their women successful outside them. Else why is he upset she's doing the same lucrative business as him?

That's what we all enemy of progress and destiny killer.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:35am On May 26, 2016
Unfortunately the infidelity and diversion advise part are often true. Don't ask me how I got to know. Also, if he buys properties in his name without adding his wife as a co-owner. She had the right to financially secure her future.

They are both violent. Did you miss that part?sad. Don't be selective n your reading.

Many victims and perpetrators of abuse stll profess their love to the perpetrator. It is nothing newundecided

Kondomatic:
The only excuse women give when cases like these are levelled against them is that he's been unfaithful to me.

And there she's telling us that she still love him. What if had died when you stabbed him? Not even once.

5 Likes

Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Kondomatic(m): 7:04am On May 26, 2016
daretodiffer:
Unfortunately the infidelity and diversion advise part are often true. Don't ask me how I got to know. Also, if he buys properties in his name without adding his wife as a co-owner. She had the right to financially secure her future.

They are both violent. Did you miss that part?sad. Don't be selective n your reading.

Many victims and perpetrators of abuse stll profess their love to the perpetrator. It is nothing newundecided

They're senseless.

Good morning
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by Arsenate(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2016
FrancisTony:
The man sounds so petty.

Yeah, he's petty. But he still doesn't want her secretive treacherous old asssss. He's better off without her.
Sue him. undecided
Re: Man Divorces Wife For Building A House Without His Knowledge - Vanguard by PresVA: 7:44am On May 26, 2016
At first glance, reading the subject alone, you may blame the woman. .. but reading the whole article, I think the woman did the right thing. ..

Their marriage was already in shambles with the man bringing in different mistresses..
Imagine if she hadn't secured herself financially, that's how the man would have thrown her out with nothing, then a small girl from somewhere will come and reap where she didn't sow... Very wise woman!!

The husband's ego is simply bruised knowing his wife is doing well!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Expose My Sister For Her Evil Acts On Innocent Children? / I Want To Marry A Lady Because Of Her Big Ass, Is That Ok? / Verry Funny Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.