Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures (44666 Views)

A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra / Obiano To Open The 16 Storey Hospital At Umuchukwu Village (Photos) / Present Pictures of Ongoing Medical Research Centre at Umuchukwu village Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 5:51am On May 26, 2016
The ongoing Medical Research Centre at Umuchukwu community in Orumba South Local Government, Anambra State, would soon turn the obscure locality to a city of knowledge. On completion of the 15-storey building project, funded solely by Dr Godwin Maduka, the Chief Executive Officer and Medical Director of the Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Centre, the largest pain treatment centre in Nevada, USA, the rural community will become the hub of medical research in the country and African continent.

Dr Maduka, an adjunct clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Pain Management and Surgery, Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nevada, USA, tasted poverty during his childhood after the death of his father. He struggled through high school on the meagre income provided by his mother, a widow. Like a child destined to rule, he conquered poverty by dint of hardwork, and bagged three doctorate degrees from Havard University.

The high-rise building, which will serve as the Medical Research Centre, the first of its kind in the country, was at 80 per cent completion stage when Campus Sun visited Umuchukwu community recently. A close aide to Dr Maduka said the centre would be equipped with state-of-the-art facilities in medical science, to assist students in clinical training, as well as provide quality resource materials for lecturers and researchers.

Campus Sun learnt that the edifice, when completed, would also serve as the temporary site for the College of Medicine, Anambra State University. A formal request has been sent to the appropriate authority to consider the befitting structure for the temporary site of the state university, where medical students would be exposed to modern equipment in medicine and pharmacy.

To ensure a delightful campus life for staff and students, a four-storey building, with 40 flats, located few metres away from the research centre, has been completed to serve as residential quarters. In addition, a modern guest- house, furnished to taste, is also ready for use within the premises. A gigantic water plant, constructed by Maduka, supplies water to the community, even as more structures are being developed on the expansive hectares of land that would make the area a campus of first choice.

The legal adviser to Dr Maduka, Ray Onyegu, expressed optimism that Umuchukwu would soon become a university town. According to him, the Medical Research Centre would water the ground for a private university that would raise the bar in medical education and healthcare in the country. He described Dr Maduka as a philanthropist, driven by the passion to transform the rural Umuchukwu community to a modern city.

“Ultimately this is going to be a university town. His interest is in the area of preventive health. He wants to establish a university that would have a strong presence in preventive health”, he said.

Campus Sun learnt that the ongoing Umuchukwu Medical Research Centre, when completed, would be modeled after the Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Centre, the largest and most comprehensive pain treatment practice group in Nevada, USA. The facility in the USA is widely respected as the premier, one-stop destination for pain treatment and relief, where teams of experts in pain medicine, physical therapy, radiology, and wellness work together to decrease pain using the latest technologies and research.

Onyegu, who is also the President and Chief Executive Officer, Socio-Economic Rights Initiative, a human rights advocacy group, explained that Umuchukwu community has the attractions of a university town, with an expansive serene environment spread on the outskirts of the bustling Awka capital. He said crime has been reduced in the community to zero level, with Dr. Maduka donating four two-storey buildings to serve as police barrack, patrol vehicles, a bungalow for officers’ mess and another one-storey building to serve as an operational base for the men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS). In addition to these is another modern structure duly completed for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

With several landmark projects already completed by Maduka in the community, such as: Magistrate Court and the ongoing High Court, modern civic centre, Umuchukwu has become a gold fish that cannot hide. It was gathered that Dr. Maduka’s foundation also attracted the attention of the former Governor, Peter Obi, to the deplorable state of local roads in the community, and volunteered to bear the 50 percent cost of construction. This humanitarian gesture moved Obi, who during his visit to the community was overwhelmed by the laudable development in the area and constructed the Owerre-Ezukala, Umuchukwu-Ogbunka roads while in office.

The President General, Umuchukwu Progressive Union (UPU), Hon Okechukwu Nwele, said Maduka preaches education as the potent weapon against poverty. Having tasted poverty, he does not hesitate to wipe the tears of the poor. According to him, he (Maduka) built the Immaculate Conception International College, a boarding secondary school where students from Umuchukwu enjoy full scholarship from JS1 to SS3. It is believed that out of 100 graduates in the community, Maduka singlehandedly trained 90 percent and helped them secure jobs.

“In Umuchukwu community, money is no longer a hindrance to anybody that wants to go to school. Anybody that fails to go to school has no excuse to give,” he said. “Last year, he empowered 56 youths of the community with N56m to support their business.”

One of the beneficiaries of the scholarship programme at the secondary school level, Ukaegbu John, said the package covers tuition, hostel, feeding and books. Other beneficiaries include: Ikedi Okafor (JS3), Nwabuisi Francis (SS2), Ike Moses (SS2), among others.

During an earlier interview, Maduka, christened as Lion of Africa by his people, said, “I am praying to God to see Umuchukwu town more than where they are now. Most of what I do, though God takes control, that’s where my faith comes in. I will like to see a major university here; I will like to see some kind of factory or some kind of establishments that will get people gainfully employed. I will like to see state, federal or international presence here because, after all Umuchukwu, right now, have everything an urban city has.

“We are very well-protected in terms of security. SARS, Police, Civil Defence and army still patrol here. We have motorable roads, good source of water: you don’t have to dig long here to get a borehole and, it’s still practically a city with fresh air because of the vegetation. We don’t have much pollution yet, and also as you know, we have the tallest building in the whole of the South-Eastern Nigeria, 15-storey high and 17-decking tall. So, I think five years from now, of course, it can’t go down, it has to go up from what is on ground”.

http://www.newsflashngr.com/the-lion-of-africa-dr-maduka-still-doing-wonders-as-anambra-community-is-set-to-become-city-of-medical-research/

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by DonMaxxy(m): 5:52am On May 26, 2016
Yesterday Gov Willie Obiano visited Iyiahor village to announce plans to upgrade Ogbaukwu cave and water falls to a world class tourist destination. Today, we are greeted with the news of Dr. Madukaji's pharmaceutical centre in Umuchukwu (formerly Nkerehi). Owelle-Ezukala is just a stone from Unuchukwu.

One thing with Anambra state is that no day passes without one or two good news. While other states are busy blamming and hoping on Bubu to come to their rescue, the people of Anambra are busy developing their state. I tell you solemnly, some children here dont know that Bubu is the president of this country. This is because their state provides their needs.

God bless Anambra.
God rescue Nigeria.

Before any body comes here to spew poo or call the project a white elephant project thereby declaring himself a demented fool; this project is single handedly financed and built by an individual in his own home town. So it is not a govt project like that of Owelle Okoroawusa that gets abandoned.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Project400: 6:01am On May 26, 2016
Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Nobody: 6:15am On May 26, 2016
It's a good thing actually, I just hope it meets up to the hype and doesnt go the way of other 'world class' health centres.
The ones in Uyo, Ilorin, Lagos to mention a few only turned out to be white elephant projects as they haven't stopped medical tourism to any extent

4 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by AmericanQuarter: 6:37am On May 26, 2016
EngrIdris:
another white elephant project

The project is being championed and executed by a qualified US based experts and not an usual federal government sponsored projects, so expect a worldclass services.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Nobody: 6:43am On May 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:
It's a good thing actually, I just hope it meets up to the hype and doesnt go the way of other 'world class' health centres.
The ones in Uyo, Ilorin, Lagos to mention a few only turned out to be white elephant projects as they haven't stopped medical tourism to any extent
What kind of bad belle comment is this? FYI...Igbos are not the same with Yorubas. Meaning if something failed in Lagos or Ilorin, doesn't mean it will fail in Anambra...all brains and human drive are not the same.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by YoursGEJ(m): 6:56am On May 26, 2016
This man is a real philanthropist. I should pay him a visit in Las Vegas grin

8 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Nature8(m): 7:10am On May 26, 2016
This is good..

2 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by PRXPERT: 7:24am On May 26, 2016
I swear I will build bigger one in my home town Akpo, though we don't have land!! I'm so jealous of the people from umuchukwu!! anambra is on the move..

4 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Lanceslot(m): 7:40am On May 26, 2016
EngrIdris:
another white elephant project
Please can you explain the meaning of white elephant project to me?

12 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Ilovemystate: 7:49am On May 26, 2016
AmericanQuarter:

The project is being championed and executed by a qualified US based experts and not a government sponsored project, so expect a worldclass services.
Oboy Anambra dudes they vex, the billionaires want to turn their towns to cities, see Obijackson, Emeka offor, Nnewi dudes, Nneni, Awka Etiti, Enugu uwku, Abagana, Ihiala, Alo, Oko, Ekwulobia, Agulu, Aguleri etc grin Anambra on the move, we are major investors in other states, we don't need to cry to the world to come and invest in our state, what gives me joy 99% of those investing in Anambra are Anambarians.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by KINGwax007(m): 7:56am On May 26, 2016
Good one. God bless obiano

4 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Ilovemystate: 8:21am On May 26, 2016
sapiosexual1:
You are mentioning government own institutions, this is solely owned by Dr Godwin Maduka, the chief executive officer and director of Las Vegas pain institute and medical center

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:26am On May 26, 2016
DonMaxxy:
Yesterday Gov Willie Obiano visited Iyiahor village to announce plans to upgrade Ogbaukwu cave and water falls to a world class tourist destination. Today, we are greeted with the news of Dr. Madukaji's pharmaceutical centre in Umuchukwu (formerly Nkerehi). Owelle-Ezukala is just a stone from Unuchukwu.

One thing with Anambra state is that no day passes without one or two good news. While other states are busy blamming and hoping on Bubu to come to their rescue, the people of Anambra are busy developing their state. I tell you solemnly, some children here dont know that Bubu is the president of this country. This is because their state provides their needs.

God bless Anambra.
God rescue Nigeria.

Before any body comes here to spew poo or call the project a white elephant project thereby declaring himself a demented fool; this project is single handedly financed and built by an individual in his own home town. So it is not a govt project like that of Owelle Okoroawusa that gets abandoned.

16 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:30am On May 26, 2016
I have said it and will continue saying it, in Anambra we don't wait for government to provide everything for us we do it ourselves, over cities are individual efforts and till date we still run our show. kudos to the owner of that project, kudos to our governor, kudos to umu Anambra

17 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by stzy(m): 8:40am On May 26, 2016
This is really good... Waiting for physical science and energy sources research centre lik that... This is the type of thing that develops a place and not some half baked universities

10 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Shym3xx: 8:51am On May 26, 2016
Very impressive initiative by a real nyggah...salute

But why's the east coast swagger jacking the west coast with the statue? Oduduwa was the first to do that with a flush in a lush way...be original and creative. grin

This is the real:

4 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Masterclass32: 9:02am On May 26, 2016
Fantastic initiative. Those calling it a white elephant project are dreaming the wrong dream. This project will be completed and will attain its full potential.

God bless Dr. Godwin Maduka.
God bless Ndi Anambra.
God bless Ndigbo.

16 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by MrAnalyst: 9:30am On May 26, 2016
Another governor in the making. But this projects are way too much for a single individual. He is singlehandedly trying to turn a town to a modern city-only one man! Obiano back him up please.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by pacino26(m): 9:35am On May 26, 2016
This is what the country needs to move forward. Governor with focusv on security and capital development. No need looking for FDIs we have professionals scattered world over in various fields let them come home.

Enugu though with nice infrastructures is way behind.

1 Like

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by falseman(m): 9:44am On May 26, 2016
That's the more reason I believe the East can thrive on their own. They really don't wait of FG to come to their aid. I wish we all started investing back home earlier.

12 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Luckylife(m): 9:52am On May 26, 2016
Proud to be from Anambra state. A state that was abandon by federal govt but remembered by God Almighty, A state that never rely on bigotry govt to bring development to them , A state that have a lot of jealousy, betrayals, saboteurs from born to rule tribes and over Educated professors that believe they were created to be followers, but Anambra and the southeast have a living God that fight for us .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by mrbillz(m): 10:11am On May 26, 2016
Wow!!! I pray God bless me enough to give back to the society. Amen!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by bishopkay: 10:29am On May 26, 2016
My team once visited this man and All I could say was WOW! The man Is loaded. Right in our fronts the money this man gave people that day to move their businesses further was over 30 million naira.
The Rolls Royce no be here...money is good joor...especially when you use it to also raise people and bless lives.

What most believers don't know is that such people can never be killed by witches. If you bring up their mata for coven, ur fellow witch go beat u die there!! Lol

Another good thing is that all the professionals (architect, structural and Civil engineers) that he used for this job are all from Nigeria, and graduated from Nigerian institutions.

That night we were with him, he took us to the building and my friend was amazed when he introduced the engineers to us as "made in Nigeria" Lol

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by salabscholar01(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2016
OK
Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by MadCow1: 10:45am On May 26, 2016
Anambra State... Craddle of Igbo Civilization. grin

Oganiru Anambra State.. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by DullardBuhari(m): 10:46am On May 26, 2016
[size=20pt]LAND OF THE RISING SUN[/size] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by asha90: 10:47am On May 26, 2016
Anambra, truly the light of the entire black race.

United States of Anambra- USA

5 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by Beremx(f): 10:47am On May 26, 2016
DonMaxxy:

God bless Anambra.
God rescue Nigeria.

Did you have to compare with Okorocha? Why do Igbos like beefing each other? Supremacist!

What a shame!

@post, nice development.

4 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by DIFY20(f): 10:47am On May 26, 2016
if u are not from anambra chai ....... i no get word to use and describe u

2 Likes

Re: Medical Research Centre Umuchukwu In Anambra- Pictures by laurel03(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2016
Shym3xx:
Very impressive initiative by a real nyggah...salute

But why's the east coast swagger jacking the west coast with the statue? Oduduwa was the first to do that with a flush in a lush way...be original and creative. grin

This is the real:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

661 New COVID-19 Cases Reported, 137 Discharged, 19 Deaths ,June 20 -2523 Tested / Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Off Delivery Bed In Delta (Photo) / 10 Facts About Pregnancy After Age 35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.