Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Camera Recommendation For An Amateur Photographer - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Camera Recommendation For An Amateur Photographer (2263 Views)

Diary Of A Boredom-inspired Photographer / See What A Professional Photographer Did To This Family's Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camera Recommendation For An Amateur Photographer by Feanah(f): 7:05am On May 26, 2016
Hello house
Please I need recommendations for cameras I can use as an amateur...Something good that's not expensive since it's just for my personal use.
And if you can recommend where I can get cheap,used cameras in Lagos,I'll be really grateful , thank you
Re: Camera Recommendation For An Amateur Photographer by jefy(m): 4:19pm On May 26, 2016
Hi,glad you want to join us. To your question, Nikon products are perfect for newbees. NIKON D3100,D60,D90 etc you can get within the range of 80k,90k,100k-180k. Google other beginner friendly cameras and compair.. Just google a particular camera model vs another model to know which to go for. Example: google Nikon D3100 vs D90..The specifications/camera review will enable you decide what to get based on your budget.. I must say here,there are thousands of high tech cameras but better soup nah cash kill am. NIKON is cool.like i said,its beginner friendly with comprehensive easy to understand user manual. See you at the top

1 Like

Re: Camera Recommendation For An Amateur Photographer by 4REAL22: 10:26am On May 27, 2016
Feanah:
Hello house
Please I need recommendations for cameras I can use as an amateur...Something good that's not expensive since it's just for my personal use.
And if you can recommend where I can get cheap,used cameras in Lagos,I'll be really grateful , thank you
contact me for used nikon d3200 for sale, you can start with that.check my previous post for my contact.
Re: Camera Recommendation For An Amateur Photographer by thegrinch(m): 5:04am On May 30, 2016
Feanah:
Hello house

There are 2 Major camera Brands for professional photography in Nigera: Canon and Nikon.... And depending on who you ask, they will recommend their favourite.

Asking which is better between Canon and Nikon, is like asking which is better between Toyota and Honda..... The correct question should be: Which is better between The 2016 model of Toyota Camry vs 2016 model of Honda Accord. as the 2 cars are in the same category.... but it would be totally wrong to compare a 2016 Toyota Highlander with a 1999 model of Honda City.

So for Entry level camera for both Nikon and Canon, you want to look at:

Canon Rebel Series: 550d/600d/650d/700d

OR

Nikon D3000 series: D40/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300

Prices for these entry level (but Professional DSLR Cameras) would range between 80-160k

You can either Look up current prices on Konga or Jumia, but if you like to "hold it before you buy it" there is a dedicated camera market at Aroloya Street, Adeniji Market (just before obalende on the island).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camera Recommendation For An Amateur Photographer by davss02(m): 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
4REAL22:
contact me for used nikon d3200 for sale, you can start with that.check my previous post for my contact.
Give me your contact

(1) (Reply)

Unbelivable Paint!!!! Step By Step Photoshop Tutorial Digital Painting[image] / Stanbic Ibtc Advert / Sears Ks-2 35mm Slr Camera With Accessories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.