Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

State Of Economy In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Economy In Nigeria (693 Views)

Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa / Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / Senate Summons Adeosun, Emefiele Over State Of Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Economy In Nigeria by weyabblog: 5:44pm On May 26, 2016
On discussion on the economy of Nigeria, a suggestion was raised from the group, and thus..

After 1st and 2nd world war, America raised an option that mandate every graduate to go for training in military. If thats the case, all graduates or 90% of graduates in nigeria should be moved into agriculture (i mean into farming) as a way of helping the economy.

Pls nairalanders , whats your say with respect to the above comment?

Lalasticlala pls front page , we have to discus on this either to accept or reject before our doctors and engineers will enter farm.

Source: TV C. Live

1 Like

Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 26, 2016
I totally support Agriculture. oil is no longer needed for sale, becaus soon every country will discover their own oil and ours wont be needed anymore, so the appropiate step to take is to go back to Agriculture, for it is the only way.

1 Like

Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by weyabblog: 5:50pm On May 26, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
I totally support Agriculture. oil is no longer needed for sale, becaus soon every country will discover their own oil and ours wont be needed anymore, so the appropiate step to take is to go back to Agriculture, for it is the only way.
is it good for 90% of graduates?
Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 26, 2016
weyabblog:
Nope 90% is too large a percentage. A succesful country do not put all her energy and resources in one basket. her resources is bein splited into different sectors in the economy. so i think about 50% is balanced equation.

1 Like

Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by fayisode(m): 6:00pm On May 26, 2016
Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by weyabblog: 6:04pm On May 26, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
Nope 90% is too large a percentage. A succesful country do not put all her energy and resources in one basket. her resources is bein splited into different sectors in the economy. so i think about 50% is balanced equation.
you get it. Pushing all our graduate to become farmers is not the way forward.
Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by Luckylife(m): 6:05pm On May 26, 2016
Let not put our eggs in one basket as we did on oil , I propose for industrialisation and agriculture are the way forward in this 21st century. Like if you are in support

1 Like

Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by Jesusloveyou: 6:37pm On May 26, 2016
weyabblog:
no, is not necessary, we can make do with the abundant agricultural graduate even prof, but they wil not like to work in their discipline, u can imagine zoologist working in the bank.

1 Like

Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by weyabblog: 7:21pm On May 26, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
no, is not necessary, we can make do with the abundant agricultural graduate even prof, but they wil not like to work in their discipline, u can imagine zoologist working in the bank.
thanks you, thats the problem of this country. Only read for paper, no application. Everyone to your discipline. If there exist no place to apply it then govt or bodies can provide that.
Re: State Of Economy In Nigeria by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:35pm On May 26, 2016
OK if just 5% of the graduates go into farming, what are the remaining 95% supposed to do?

OK, say 50% go into farming what should the remaining 50% do?

and if the 50% have other ideas, are they successfully doing those ideas now?

(1) (Reply)

NOI Poll Rates PMB At 64% / Military Sweep In Nigeria's Delta Risks Fuelling More Dissent - Reuters. / Is Kami Sacked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.