Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa (20687 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Imo State Becomes The First State To Have Its Own Airline (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Ndubestexplorer: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lagos State has emerged as the fifth largest economy in Africa, consequent upon which, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, disclosed that his administration is in the process of setting up an Economic Management Team, EMT, comprising distinguished individuals from the private sector and the public sector to manage the economy efficiently.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode has expressed delight at the emergence of Lagos as the fifth largest economy in Africa, just as he said his administration is in the process of setting up an Economic Management Team comprised of distinguished individuals from the private sector and the public sector to manage and scale up the successes recorded in that direction.

Governor Ambode, who spoke at the Lagos House in Ikeja when he received a delegation from the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce on courtesy visit, said the emergence of Lagos was very instructive, adding that government would explore synergy with private sector with the view to catapult Lagos into a true global city-state in the true sense of the word.

http://oilandgasrepublic.com/2016/11/10/nigeria-lagos-state-becomes-5th-largest-economy-africa/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by nickxtra(m): 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
Why has God not given to us a President in the mood and likeness of Ambode?

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by maryjan8(f): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Godprotectigbos(f): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
grin grin grin grin

just watch how omo niles, agbero miscrant ofonjas will come claim lagos is their personal property grin grin grin grin

lagos is nigera common wealth state tongue tongue tongue tongue

if u dont like wat i said jump inside lagoon cry cry cry cry

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by edoyad(m): 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
nickxtra:
Why has God not given to us a President in mood and likeness of Ambode?

While Ambode is good it isn't his actions alone. It's as a result of hard work of successive governments dating back to *gulp* Tinubu era.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by seunmsg(m): 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin
[s]
just watch how omo niles, agbero miscrant ofonjas will come claim lagos is their personal property grin grin grin grin

if u dont like wat i said jump inside lagoon cry cry cry :'[/s](

Hate filled iPod spewing trash as usual. If hatred and jealousy doesn't kill some of you, nothing else will.

170 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
Will soon get to number 1

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by seunmsg(m): 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

ofonja grin grin grin grin grin

who cares

i juust made my point

we all develop lagos....if dont like wat i said enter lagoon

The lagoon is actually meant for delusional iPods. tongue

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by devilson(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
God bless Lagos nd all Yoruba's.

itesiwaju oduduwa lojewa logun

I know some pained ipob miscreant would wail but they can go shed tears in the flagpole

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by devilson(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
God bless Lagos nd all Yoruba's.

itesiwaju oduduwa lojewa logun

I know some pained ipob miscreant would wail but they can go shed tears in the lagoon

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Godprotectigbos(f): 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
seunmsg:

The lagoon is actually meant for delusional iPods. tongue

grin grin grin grin grin E PAIN AM

MISCRANT OFonja dat cannot build common toilet they claim lagos grin grin grin grin

lazy things tongue tongue tongue

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by madcollynzo: 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin

if u dont like wat i said jump inside lagoon cry cry cry cry

You are always on nairaland 247 screaming afonja everywhere like a battered kid, blaming afonja for the misfortune rocking your life like disco music. Why so much hatred for those that dont even care about your down syndrome problem. I just hope you dont kill yourself soon.

110 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ndubestexplorer:
Lagos State has emerged as the fifth largest economy in Africa, consequent upon which, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, disclosed that his administration is in the process of setting up an Economic Management Team, EMT, comprising distinguished individuals from the private sector and the public sector to manage the economy efficiently.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode has expressed delight at the emergence of Lagos as the fifth largest economy in Africa, just as he said his administration is in the process of setting up an Economic Management Team comprised of distinguished individuals from the private sector and the public sector to manage and scale up the successes recorded in that direction.

Governor Ambode, who spoke at the Lagos House in Ikeja when he received a delegation from the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce on courtesy visit, said the emergence of Lagos was very instructive, adding that government would explore synergy with private sector with the view to catapult Lagos into a true global city-state in the true sense of the word.

Read-more via the link below:

http://oilandgasrepublic.com/2016/11/10/nigeria-lagos-state-becomes-5th-largest-economy-africa/

... Nonsense. How will this improve the lots of an average man in Lagos. It should be measured by how many lives that has been impacted and not just mere political pronouncements. The same nonsense that the used to say that "Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa" when people are actually living in abject poverty, penury and less down a dollar a day.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by nedu2000(m): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2016
Even in a beauty contest among monkeys there is always a winner. 5th in a backward continent such as Africa is still poor

11 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by SmartMugu: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2016
nickxtra:
Why has God not given to us a President in mood and likeness of Ambode?
It's one thing to perform at the state level, it's another to do same at the federal level.
I think something twists their heads as soon as they get close to Aso Rock.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by johnstar(m): 9:45am On Dec 02, 2016
Gud
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Icansing: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2016
Mtceww
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by omojeesu(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2016
edoyad:

While Ambode is good it isn't his actions alone. It's as a result of hard work of successive governments dating back to *gulp* Tinubu era.

Yeah! He's building on some good foundation!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Godprotectigbos(f): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by kenex4ever(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2016
edoyad:

good fire

Give a mad man d money dat lagos generate from taxing nigerians alone and see if he will not outperform ambode

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Selfhood: 9:48am On Dec 02, 2016
Lagos would soon become inhabitable for average folks.
#Increase in tax to meet up with infrastructure.
# Sprawling high end buildings.
# Ostentatious life of the rich folks thereby making things more expensive.
# Increase in property rent.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2016
This is nice. Eko Oni Baje.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Orikinla(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2016
This has been noted since January and in my documentary film, "Lagos in Motion" with the book version.
This fact has made front page months ago, so it is repeated news.

Lagos is big enough to be a country.

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by omolola15(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:

grin grin grin grin grin E PAIN AM

MISCRANT OFonja dat cannot build common toilet they claim lagos grin grin grin grin

lazy things tongue tongue tongue

Looool all your comments on this thread are actually funny. I see it as a joke rather than insult. But what do you get out of it seriously

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Eliteklaus(m): 9:50am On Dec 02, 2016
How does that help d average lagosian

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by martineverest(m): 9:50am On Dec 02, 2016
even larger than ghana and kenya's economy.....

Anyways,california's economy is larger than that of italy,france and uk

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Godprotectigbos(f): 9:50am On Dec 02, 2016
omolola15:

Looool all your comments on this thread are actually funny. I see it as a joke rather than insult. But what do you get out of it seriously

grin grin grin grin

i love ofonjas so dont take it personal cool cool cool cool

am just an easy goning person

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by FunkyMetahuman: 9:53am On Dec 02, 2016
kenex4ever:
good fire

Give a mad man d money dat lagos generate from taxing nigerians alone and see if he will not outperform ambode
what about mad men making so much in South South?

Did you know akwa ibom make as much as Lagos if not more?

14 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Pavarottii(m): 9:54am On Dec 02, 2016
madcollynzo:

You are always on nairaland 247 screaming afonja everywhere like a battered kid, blaming afonja for the misfortune rocking your life like disco music. Why so much hatred for those that dont even care about your down syndrome problem. I just hope you dont kill yourself soon.
U don't care cos u ignorant; av u asked urself why Nigeria doesn't want to grant biafra? The people u r insulting actually want to leave, and u don't want them to. So who is actually clinging to who?

Well ask ur elders they will tell u more about their importance and it's u that rather doesn't matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel / Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor / Stop Okorocha From Rigging Imo Polls Or Imo’ll Boil, Uzodnma Tells Security Agen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.