Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her (48161 Views)

How I Was Cheated By A Bank Cashier Today / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / Nigerian Woman Demands For Her Money From Halifax Bank Cashier In UK (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by ovieigho(m): 2:31pm On May 27, 2016
i have returned monies but not bank encounter sha! my most faithful Nigerian still remain papa Kay (PK) who called Mtn customer care when he discovered excess acct balance....lolz
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by omniplus: 2:31pm On May 27, 2016
Every thing we do in life is going down on records. What you've done today is recorded for posterity sake, and the day to day decisions eventually gather together to say who you are and what people will say about you after you had left the scene. Therefore always do the right today whether people appreciate it or not because a reckoning day is coming. God bless everyone.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by 100Cents: 2:31pm On May 27, 2016
Good girl.

No picture sef.

Buhari sef.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by salabscholar01(m): 2:32pm On May 27, 2016
Drefan2:
Give it up for the lady of praise-worthy character. That's a law abiding citizen. I commend her moral behaviour.

Not necessary.
editor, grin... that guy is reporting from jungle, may be grin
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by mobinc(m): 2:34pm On May 27, 2016
It's good that she returned the money. However, there's no need for her picture being circulated...

Just saying. But kudos to her, all the same.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by pat077: 2:38pm On May 27, 2016
Good. But, of what use is your picture and wherw is d prove u actually return the money?
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 27, 2016
Same happened to me but some years ago (stanbic Ibtc) and yes I returned it.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Lucasbalo(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2016
examhall3:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-2TGtb1JBMaQ/V0fzm45deTI/AAAAAAAJTQE/7yiqCeMGeQw21jKIkrqe-jv5dCWlM-u1QCLcB/s1600/index.jpg[/img]

The lady tells her story below...
“I just want to share my experience, My name is Vera Ikediala. I worked with Bethelmendels Int’l Ltd as an admin Manager. One morning my Boss gave me a cheque to cash N45,000 at Olowu Ikeja branch of First bank. The cashier paid me across the counter, in 1000 naira bills. But because I was in a hurry I did not count the amount.
So when I got to the office I handed the money straight to my boss who counted it and discovered that it was N50,000, instead of N45,000. That means the cashier had over paid me with excess of N5,000. Immediately I went back to the bank to hand over the N5,000 back to the cashier. When I got to the bank, it was obvious the cashier had not noticed her error in payment. I had to explain to her what happened. She was indeed over joyed and thanked me profusely. But what shocked me was that the guy closed to me on queue, who overheard our conversation interjected; “ if I was the one, I would not have returned that money lai lai”. He continued; “ babe you fall my hand. Do you know what N5,000 would do for you”
I did not bother to reply him anyway. For me, I had done the needful Many people might think this testimony is trivial. But let me tell you, that dishonesty is dishonesty. Somebody who keeps N5,000 that does not belong to him would as well keep N5 billion. I am sharing this experience so that many of us would understand that if we show honesty in the little things we do daily, collectively we could rid this country of corruption. I had a an opportunity to keep the N5,000 to myself. My conscience and upbringing won’t allow me. There was no way the cashier would traced the money to me. But God sees all that we do. If I had kept the money the cashier would pay for her error in great pains. But of what good would that be to me? Have a great day...

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/this-honest-girl-returned-n5000-back-to.xhtml
Kudos to you. You did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by teemy(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Kudos to you. You did the right thing.
I would also add that she did the normal thing.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by DrMuzungu(m): 2:50pm On May 27, 2016
This is just another proof that there still ARE decent people in Nigeria.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by segzyogondus(m): 2:54pm On May 27, 2016
Nice one
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by rolams(m): 2:55pm On May 27, 2016
Kare laiye, omoluwabi!
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Ochoiho: 2:58pm On May 27, 2016
I can not be tempted to take what does not belong to me.

If you are reading this and you have ever stolen/hold back your Employer's Money whether Government or Corporate Entity or another person's, return it or you'll end up in Hell fire. This is call restitution. No restitution, no Heaven whether you are a Pope, Reverend Father or a Pastor.

"But when I say to the wicked, 'You will surely die,' and he turns from his sin and practices justice and righteousness, if a wicked man restores a pledge, pays back what he has taken by robbery, walks by the statutes which ensure life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Exodus 33:14-15
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by TheEclectic: 3:00pm On May 27, 2016
Ki ni big deal?
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Kulas: 3:00pm On May 27, 2016
I hope this lady is not trying to advertise herself and the business she is into.Anything can happen in Nigeria,its matter of sit down and use your brain and think to know how you can get it.This story may be fake but trying to use it and create attention and made herself public figure,afterall,she wrote her name there which i know many may resort searching that name.Rubbish!.Even if there is element of truth there,many have returned more than hundred thousand naira and kept quiet without publicizing their name.I smell fake in the story but rather an attempt to create attention and publicity
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Beetee1(m): 3:01pm On May 27, 2016
that's a good one but y attaching picture undecided
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by diva90: 3:01pm On May 27, 2016
Lol! She try! If na me, I will just say today is my lucky day wink
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 27, 2016
Marketing strategy.

The market your self for husband!

Men, good wife material don show.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 27, 2016
Good one dear!!

I had also been overpaid 14000 @ First bank at Broad street Lagos. Immediately i noticed it, i returned it without thinking twice.

its the right thin to do
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Idrismusty97(m): 3:09pm On May 27, 2016
So what? Is that why she is taking pics?
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by farous(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2016
Kulas:
I hope this lady is not trying to advertise herself and the business she is into.Anything can happen in Nigeria,its matter of sit down and use your brain and think to know how you can get it.This story may be fake but trying to use it and create attention and made herself public figure,afterall,she wrote her name there which i know many may resort searching that name.Rubbish!.Even if there is element of truth there,many have returned more than hundred thousand naira and kept quiet without publicizing their name.I smell fake in the story but rather an attempt to create attention and publicity

Exactly!. The stu:pid lady is just marketing herself and her business to the world through social network,imagine putting her picture and name as well.What a fake story indeed.Admin kindly remove this trash and fake story from front page.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Feli2015: 3:16pm On May 27, 2016
Keep it up, U have saved the cashier from paying the gbese out of her meagre salary.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by oludollar(m): 3:18pm On May 27, 2016
Also happened to me..cashier mistakenly paid abt 6000 naira into my account.the nxt day I withdrew the monie thro my atm nd went enjoy myself.the third day,the cashier called me on phone to lemme know that she mistakenly paid money into my account.but I was in a good mood so I went to pay back the money the next into my account..she called me several times to thank me nd I wuz blushin althro dt I did d right thing. grin
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by lovat(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2016
When i was serving in Kwara state the cashier in Agricultural bank SHARE overpaid me with 5k. I counted the money and discovered it.

I drew the attention of the cashier whom I'm sure his salary is not up to 10k to it.

The joy on his face will live with me for days to come.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by OlujobaSamuel: 3:25pm On May 27, 2016
our hypocrisy is just too much, is it not this same NL that almost everyone was cursing a young secondary school student for trying to expose exam malpractice? now tone don change.
that guy that said he can't, I pray such no leave him life, his life go leave am soon through legal justice or jungle justice.
kudo to the lady.
to the banker, if it's someone that you under pay, am sure you will never want to even check your records, you might even decide calling security to harass her.
make we sha dey do good.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by lovat(m): 3:27pm On May 27, 2016
diva90:
Lol! She try! If na me, I will just say today is my lucky day wink
its so low of u. Being honest is good
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by diva90: 3:31pm On May 27, 2016
lovat:
its so low of u. Being honest is good

Go away! As if you have been honest your entire life! Do you know how much these banks steal from us everyday? undecided
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by lovat(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2016
diva90:

Go away! As if you have been honest your entire life! Do you know how much these banks steal from us everyday? undecided
we need to be different from them.

I returned money that a cashier overpaid me.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Maski87: 3:43pm On May 27, 2016
Ok you will go to heaven but thought shall remain poor
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 27, 2016
A lady left an envelope filled with pound notes in a cab i entered. Luckily, her card was inside the envelope. I called the number, located and gave her the money. She thanked me like i was God. She gave me 100 pounds out of it and till today, i use it for every humanitarian project i do. But assuming the card wasnt inside the envelope, lemme no lie, i invest the money well. I will see it as a huge blessing
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by Ghost447(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2016
Good, but I don't think the cashier would have balance it up if she had underpaid her. It is clearly written on the wrapper that the bank will not accept responsibility for shortage of money not counted before leaving the counter, but the funny thing is that they always accept the balance of overpayment, while they deny liability for underpayment.
Re: Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her by firefox4th(m): 3:51pm On May 27, 2016
It once happened to me differently in that my corporate account was wrongly credited .I went to complain ,but the embarrasing aspect of it is that the guy I complained to in a hush tone just shout at me 'you mean you were wrongly credited ? 'and he angrily directed me to, may be their manager.The funiest thing that time was that I had serious financial challenges but I didnt just give a damn, I made complaint and it was reversed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know / Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.