Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Buahari Recieve The Biggest Shock Of His Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buahari Recieve The Biggest Shock Of His Life (1185 Views)

Civil War In Buahari's 97% Camp. / Lai Mohammed Claims That PDP Hacked Aisha M. Buahari's Twitter Account. / One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buahari Recieve The Biggest Shock Of His Life by haizayah: 12:26pm On May 27, 2016
Source : http://www.google9ja.com/2016/05/president-buhari-reveals-his-biggest.html
http://www.google9ja.com/2016/05/president-buhari-reveals-his-biggest.html

President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja yesterday, told editors and newspaper executives in a brief interview to mark the administration’s first year in office that the biggest shock he had during the past year as President was the realisation that Nigeria had over the years squandered all its precious foreign exchange on the importation of food items and other frivolous items including tooth picks.

President Buhari said last year, when oil prices fell to $40 per barrel, he summoned Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele and asked to see what it was that Nigerians were buying with foreign exchange.

“My greatest shock is to found that most of the imports were food items”.

Nigeria, he said, discovered too late that it was over dependent on a mono-economy.
He said, “Up to 2013 we were earning on average over $100 per barrel from oil but by fabulous coincidence, it went down to about $30 per barrel when we came in. There was no money to import food. For me it was the biggest shock.”

Re: Buahari Recieve The Biggest Shock Of His Life by gisthit: 12:30pm On May 27, 2016
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Buahari Recieve The Biggest Shock Of His Life by Flexherbal(m): 12:36pm On May 27, 2016
What do you want us to see. It has fallen on him to do things right.
Re: Buahari Recieve The Biggest Shock Of His Life by dukie25: 12:38pm On May 27, 2016
Illiterate man, I really detest this man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buahari Recieve The Biggest Shock Of His Life by AngryNigerian(m): 12:55pm On May 27, 2016
I wish...
Re: Buahari Recieve The Biggest Shock Of His Life by blackmantis: 1:03pm On May 27, 2016
A sick man will die when the right medication is given in overdose.

Mr President your pronouncements and policies and your overemphasis on chasing allegedly corrupt individuals while neglecting other aspects of the economy so far is making a bad situation worse.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: INEC Lied, They Were Severed Notice Of Appeal- Abia State Government / Okonjo-iweala Begged Me Not To Say Nigeria Was Broke –amaechi / Is Jonathan Or Buhari To Blame For Poor Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.