Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,164 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse (2043 Views)

Biafra: Reno Omokri Uses P-square Fight To Make Case Against Secessionist / Pulse List Five Secessionist Movements Fighting For Independence Around / What Happened To The Secessionist Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by OneManLegion(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2016
A lot of people who are disillusioned with PMB's style of governance have, among other things, indicted the President of ethnic bias; stating, without equivocation, that Buhari's divisiveness is the cause of the self-determination agitation of both the IPOB and the NDA. And in order to further this defective logic, they suggest that the president, through his appointments and utterances, has shown a prejudice against the southerners.

Firstly, it is important to remember that the president, through his appointments, has not acted in contravention of any existing law or statute so one can only wonder how the president has fanned the embers of discontent amongst the people of the south-east and south-south.

Secondly, I think it's rather an injustice to facts to suggest that these self-determination struggle were spawned during this present administration. Adaka Boroh, Ken Saro Wiwa and others were famous for birthing the struggle of the Niger-Deltans for self-determination more than 30 years ago. The Biafra agitation was first begun by Chukwuma Odumegwu Okukwu in the 1960s, which resulted to the ill-fated civil war of 1966 - a paltry 6 years after Nigeria gained independence! There has been no new self-determination agitation under Buhari's leadership, just a continuation of a long-standing push for self-governance.

Thirdly, the idea that a section of people's demand for secession is symptomatic of a failed leader is inherently flawed. A people has the right to push for self-determination in spite of the government's best actions. Catalunya, Palestine and Northern Ireland are instances of other countries currently seeking self-actualization so, the Niger-Delta and the Biafra
issues are not isolated events peculiar to Nigeria.

Lastly, while acknowledging the right of the Niger-Deltans and the Biafra agitators to self-realisation, it would be myopic to fail to point out that these secessionist movements are usually reborn with unparalleled vociferousity whenever a northerner or south-westerner is the helmsman of this nation. The sincerity of these struggles, therefore, is one that should be met with appropriate reservations as well as a disaffected cerebration.

Conclusively, since secession itself is an aspiration that goes against one of the core tenets of the constitution which is the grundnorm, the chances of actualising the aforementioned is slim, to say the least. The solution lies not in creating a new state, but putting wholehearted measures and actions in place to ensure that the state we have works and ensures the dispensation of equity, justice and a better life for everyone. Where there is no cosmic shift in our collective mentality as citizens, we'd only take our defective mentality with us to form a new nation with utopian possibility but which really is a failure ab initio.

PS: The overall tone in this forum on issues of political differences is that of childish antagonism and sub-par intellection, perhaps there is nothing that can be done about this piteous state but to excuse oneself from this tribal-bigotry-birthed dis-unity.

Thanks for reading; intelligent comments alone, if possible.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by BUHARIDONMAD: 4:58pm On May 27, 2016
Truth be told, buhari screwed up when he said that we are 5%. He shouldn't have said such thing, he is the president and should be mindful of what he is saying. 1983 no be 2016, boiz don wise up

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by Blizzy9ja: 5:01pm On May 27, 2016
The president's utterances are divisive... He's still operating the divide and rule style

9 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by chumaster(m): 5:07pm On May 27, 2016
Blizzy9ja:
The president's utterances are divisive... He's still operating the divide and rule style
not only by his utterances but also by his actions so far

8 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by socialmediaman: 5:11pm On May 27, 2016
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by omenkaa: 5:13pm On May 27, 2016
Buhari's 5% and 97% statement is the most divisive and reckless statement ever made by a Nigerian leader since independence.What exactly was he thinking when he made that statement.Even if somewhere were to call it a slip of tongue,his appointments and policies seemed to agree with that statement

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by OneManLegion(m): 5:18pm On May 27, 2016
BUHARIDONMAD:
Truth be told, buhari screwed up when he said that we are 5%. He shouldn't have said such thing, he is the president and should be mindful of what he is saying. 1983 no be 2016, boiz don wise up

That statement was disappointing and unbecoming of a president of a heterogeneous society such as ours. However, we need to ask ourselves: have his subsequent actions validated that misguided statement?

A close look at him will answer in the negative. His appointments have been as according to the dictates of the federal character and there's no gain-saying that the south-east and south-south have been adequately represented in the 2016 budget as regards capital projects.

A lot of people claim he never denounced the murderous herdsmen but an objective observer would know that he actually did. He even went ahead to set up an inquiry into the agatu tragedy.

The man, doesn't seem to be disinclined to any section of the country so far. I sincerely think people need to cut him some slack.

Blizzy9ja:

Remember I called for intelligent comments alone.

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by FisifunKododada: 5:23pm On May 27, 2016
cool
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by automatix: 5:30pm On May 27, 2016
Buhari is still living in the past and his body language depicts exactly that. His appointments is very lopsided which is a clear magnifier of the 5% vs 95% postulation.

7 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by selectedhero(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2016
For your first point, by every standard the president has over and over again contravened the principle of federal character by his appointments, for instance his appointments into agencies under the ministry of interior as well as other agencies such as NTA, VON, NBC, etc. Shows he has concluded that there are a specific people who deserve to enjoy his ruler ship over others.

For your second point, it is true the agitations have been on for quite long, but the big question is, why now? But you needn’t look far to get the answer, BUHARI!!! He boldly said he will not treat those who gave him 5% as those who gave him 95%. What do you get when you make martyrs of them, when they protest for self-determination and all you do is give a shoot at sight order to your horde of security personnel. What you do is wake the sleeping giants. And I must ask, whatever happened to “the pen is mightier than the sword”, subtlety, dialogue etc?

For your third point, I would ask you, how many such “section of people” have their current president insulted their intelligence by a grazing bill, by a 5% theory, by virtually no appointments because for all I care, those appointed so far from south-south and south-east into this government were those that have been time and again considered as betrayers of trust in their regions or had contributed in kind and the president was in their debt Etc.

You asked why there were agitations only when there were northerners and westerners in power. I wish to ask you then, for how long have people from the south east and south-south really been in power ever since independence. Name them, Jonathan, Ironsi and Azikiwi and for how many years in all combined. So what do you expect?
is it when before they close and open their eye, their son is gone, that they will agitate.

In conclusion, since when has activities in the south and east been news worthy, of concern to the north etc? Oh I almost forgot. Since mister president noticed he did not have enough funds to expend.

PS: I am from the north, born, bred and indigenous. but my people I can’t see injustice and keep quiet.

Though OneManLegion you still be my Nigerian brother sha, no hard feelings

16 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by waxxydude: 9:18pm On May 27, 2016
The president fvcked up big time when he called we (SS) 5%.

I really hate that he said that.. But the agitation (south-east biafra) started before the utterance.

And he's got to visit the south and if not apologise, pacific us NOT with money or whatever but environment regradation, development and assurance.

Had to comment on here cause it seems devoid of bigotry & tribal hatred. @OneManLegend nice write up!

7 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:32pm On May 27, 2016
waxxydude:
The president fvcked up big time when he called we (SS) 5%.
I really hate that he said that.. But the agitation (south-east biafra) started before the utterance.
And he's got to visit the south and if not apologise, pacific us NOT with money or whatever but environment regradation, development and assurance.
Had to comment on here cause it seems devoid of bigotry & tribal hatred. @OneManLegend nice write up!
OneManLegion:

That statement was disappointing and unbecoming of a president of a heterogeneous society such as ours. However, we need to ask ourselves: have his subsequent actions validated that misguided statement?
A close look at him will answer in the negative. His appointments have been as according to the dictates of the federal character and there's no gain-saying that the south-east and south-south have been adequately represented in the 2016 budget as regards capital projects.
A lot of people claim he never denounced the murderous herdsmen but an objective observer would know that he actually did. He even went ahead to set up an inquiry into the agatu tragedy.
The man, doesn't seem to be disinclined to any section of the country so far. I sincerely think people need to cut him some slack.
omenkaa:
Buhari's 5% and 97% statement is the most divisive and reckless statement ever made by a Nigerian leader since independence.What exactly was he thinking when he made that statement.Even if somewhere were to call it a slip of tongue,his appointments and policies seemed to agree with that statement
Buhari never called any body 5% so stop twisting words.
He said some region gave me 5% of their votes while some other region gave me 97% of their vote. It will be unfair for me to give equal appointments.
Buhari short coming is his honesty and his outspokenness,
He is not polished enough to be a spokesperson, but we are not doing him any favours by constantly twisting his words.

N.b ......am prepared for your insults as that's the only thing most of you can offer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by knightsTempler: 9:36pm On May 27, 2016
"If an insurgency lasts more than 24 hours, the government has a hand in it."

- Gen. Sani Abacha

The above quote was used a million times against GEJ, claiming he has a hand in Boko Haram. So now, can we all say that Buhari has a hand in Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen killings and Niger Delta Avengers actions? These have all lasted wayyyyyy beyond 24 hours.

Idiots go dey carry quote rubbish yeye talk just to attack GEJ then.

Scalawags.

16 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by EmoBoy(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2016
(Going by election results), constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%. I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting the government in place. I think this is really fair."
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by OneManLegion(m): 9:58pm On May 27, 2016
selectedhero:

For your first point, by every standard the president has over and over again contravened the principle of federal character by his appointments, for instance his appointments into agencies under the ministry of interior as well as other agencies such as NTA, VON, NBC, etc. Shows he has concluded that there are a specific people who deserve to enjoy his ruler ship over others.

His appointments so far have not been in transgression of the federal character. By this, I mean he has not contravened any legal provision for federal character. If you disagree with this assertion, you may bring up instances of the statutes that he has contravened.

For your second point, it is true the agitations have been on for quite long, but the big question is, why now? But you needn’t look far to get the answer, BUHARI!!! He boldly said he will not treat those who gave him 5% as those who gave him 95%. What do you get when you make martyrs of them, when they protest for self-determination and all you do is give a shoot at sight order to your horde of security personnel. What you do is wake the sleeping giants. And I must ask, whatever happened to “the pen is mightier than the sword”, subtlety, dialogue etc?

Buhari gave no shoot at sight order to the security outfits against protesters, let's discuss facts and leave hyperbole for iya oni bole. As for that unguarded utterance he made about 97% and 5%, I have treated it above.

For your third point, I would ask you, how many such “section of people” have their current president insulted their intelligence by a grazing bill, by a 5% theory, by virtually no appointments because for all I care, those appointed so far from south-south and south-east into this government were those that have been time and again considered as betrayers of trust in their regions or had contributed in kind and the president was in their debt Etc.

You're repeating the same thing. You're exaggerating and skewing facts. You are speaking more from passion and not really objective analysis of facts.

You asked why there were agitations only when there were northerners and westerners in power. I wish to ask you then, for how long have people from the south east and south-south really been in power ever since independence. Name them, Jonathan, Ironsi and Azikiwi and for how many years in all combined. So what do you expect?
is it when before they close and open their eye, their son is gone, that they will agitate.

You may have a point, but that is totally irrelevant to the discourse at hand. Buhari isn't responsible for their subdued presence at the helms of affairs of this country.

In conclusion, since when has activities in the south and east been news worthy, of concern to the north etc? Oh I almost forgot. Since mister president noticed he did not have enough funds to expend.

You're straying from the topic. I'm sure you're dissatisfied with Buhari's presidency thus far, but this thread is not an evaluation of his performance, this is about if he's actually divisive as is much touted.

PS: I am from the north, born, bred and indigenous. but my people I can’t see injustice and keep quiet.

Though OneManLegion you still be my Nigerian brother sha, no hard feelings[/quote]

None taken. Thanks for the contribution even though I disagree.

Cc: Omenka
Tonyebarcanista
Modath
Dropshot.
Let's hear your views.
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by Sunnycliff(m): 10:18pm On May 27, 2016
Buharis action and inaction is a catalyst to secession. Reasons:

The 5% and 97% divisive comments, the Removal of the host communities benefits from the Petroleum Industry Bill, The funding off the Northeast Development Commission at the sacrifice of the Niger Delta Development Commission, Cancelling of the Maritime University in the South South and approving of a University status to college of aviation Zaria, #940m for Fulani herdsmen as grazing reserves Calling the Fulani herdsmen criminals as Libyans and the Militants as Criminals etc

Is this justice and equity?

10 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by HammerTheirPapa(f): 10:23pm On May 27, 2016
OneManLegion:

You either fulani or yoruba muslim.. and yes your tribe and religion is important as you cannot extrapolate it entirely from your obvious bias, which is cloaked in 'intelligent objectivity". Abeg go siddon.

Even the devil knows that Buhari is a nepotist, a tyrant, a murderer and above all a dullard. Just see the way you are sweating for a man of dinosaur-era methodology with your hard-earned education which stone age junglists like Buhari doesn't even value. What a zombie! grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by azimibraun: 11:09pm On May 27, 2016
When a government is more civilised & modern than majority of her citizens you get all this senseless complaints.
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by Goke7: 11:25pm On May 27, 2016
BUHARIDONMAD:
Truth be told, buhari screwed up when he said that we are 5%. He shouldn't have said such thing, he is the president and shd be mindful of what he is saying. 1983 no be 2016, boiz don wise up

Gej said that the Igbo's were the backbone of his govt, no one crucified him for that, he called sw rascals, they did not take arms, his wife called a whole region born throw away children and many more. Whatever PMB said, GeJ and his wife were also guilty of the same. Let's stop over reacting and crying like babies.

The 5% statement was never enough to destroy infrastructures.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by PapaBrowne(m): 11:42pm On May 27, 2016
I'll respond.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by waxxydude: 12:07am On May 28, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Buhari never called any body 5% so stop twisting words.
He said some region gave me 5% of their votes while some other region gave me 97% of their vote. It will be unfair for me to give equal appointments.
Buhari short coming is his honesty and his outspokenness,
He is not polished enough to be a spokesperson, but we are not doing him any favours by constantly twisting his words.

N.b ......am prepared for your insults as that's the only thing most of you can offer.
Insults? brother you never get that from me. Yea the president can be too honest and most times outspoken but don't you think nigeria's still kinda not-so-united for that? maybe the president could tone that down a little?

And i still really feel he should come down south, perhaps give us a sense of "we (SS) are still in this NIGERIA project"..

It'd go a long way..
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by BeardedMeat(m): 12:10am On May 28, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Buharis action and inaction is a catalyst to secession. Reasons:

The 5% and 97% divisive comments, the Removal of the host communities benefits from the Petroleum Industry Bill, The funding off the Northeast Development Commission at the sacrifice of the Niger Delta Development Commission, Cancelling of the Maritime University in the South South and approving of a University status to college of aviation Zaria, #940m for Fulani herdsmen as grazing reserves Calling the Fulani herdsmen criminals as Libyans and the Militants as Criminals etc

Is this justice and equity?
Including referring to returning Abacha loot as "money illegally taken under Abacha's government". Can you imagine the labour he put into calling a spade a garden fork? But when it comes to his worst nightmares, he will graphically explain to the journalist how his children sat down and shared the money! May be the ITK OP has been sent by his paymasters to sample opinions on this matter, he should go and tell buhari that I said he should go to hell and burn to ashes!
The op was even calling out his fellow zombies to what end I don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by Nobody: 12:11am On May 28, 2016
U cant use 5percent to fund 95%. we ijaw youths are saying no to this. Export your cows and use d proceeds to fund d 95%. Simple, buhari has always proven to be a dullard, if he thinks he can use brute force on us in d Naija delta, then watch as he is gonna bring his government down by himself. The same thing that happened to him in 1985 will happen to him again. We ijaw youths will defend our land against d continued pilfery from d north. It is no longer acceptable

Ijawmilitant#2015

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by BeardedMeat(m): 12:16am On May 28, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:

You either fulani or yoruba muslim.. and yes your tribe and religion is important as you cannot extrapolate it entirely from your obvious bias, which is cloaked in 'intelligent objectivity". Abeg go siddon.

Even the devil knows that Buhari is a nepotist, a tyrant, a murderer and above all a dullard. Just see the way you are sweating for a man of dinosaur-era methodology with your hard-earned education which stone age junglists like Buhari doesn't even value. What a zombie! grin
Indeed what a zombie he is!
And some people chose to massage his ego ignoring the clear bias oozing out of his rubbish post! Yet, he was sounding off trying to tell people how to respond! What rubbish! Even if he was Seun the Ceo.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by Nobody: 12:17am On May 28, 2016
OneManLegion:
A lot of people who are disillusioned with PMB's style of governance have, among other things, indicted the President of ethnic bias; stating, without equivocation, that Buhari's divisiveness is the cause of the self-determination agitation of both the IPOB and the NDA. And in order to further this defective logic, they suggest that the president, through his appointments and utterances, has shown a prejudice against the southerners.

Firstly, it is important to remember that the president, through his appointments, has not acted in contravention of any existing law or statute so one can only wonder how the president has fanned the embers of discontent amongst the people of the south-east and south-south.

Secondly, I think it's rather an injustice to facts to suggest that these self-determination struggle were spawned during this present administration. Adaka Boroh, Ken Saro Wiwa and others were famous for birthing the struggle of the Niger-Deltans for self-determination more than 30 years ago. The Biafra agitation was first begun by Chukwuma Odumegwu Okukwu in the 1960s, which resulted to the ill-fated civil war of 1966 - a paltry 6 years after Nigeria gained independence! There has been no new self-determination agitation under Buhari's leadership, just a continuation of a long-standing push for self-governance.

Thirdly, the idea that a section of people's demand for secession is symptomatic of a failed leader is inherently flawed. A people has the right to push for self-determination in spite of the government's best actions. Catalunya, Palestine and Northern Ireland are instances of other countries currently seeking self-actualization so, the Niger-Delta and the Biafra
issues are not isolated events peculiar to Nigeria.

Lastly, while acknowledging the right of the Niger-Deltans and the Biafra agitators to self-realisation, it would be myopic to fail to point out that these secessionist movements are usually reborn with unparalleled vociferousity whenever a northerner or south-westerner is the helmsman of this nation. The sincerity of these struggles, therefore, is one that should be met with appropriate reservations as well as a disaffected cerebration.

Conclusively, since secession itself is an aspiration that goes against one of the core tenets of the constitution which is the grundnorm, the chances of actualising the aforementioned is slim, to say the least. The solution lies not in creating a new state, but putting wholehearted measures and actions in place to ensure that the state we have works and ensures the dispensation of equity, justice and a better life for everyone. Where there is no cosmic shift in our collective mentality as citizens, we'd only take our defective mentality with us to form a new nation with utopian possibility but which really is a failure ab initio.

PS: The overall tone in this forum on issues of political differences is that of childish antagonism and sub-par intellection, perhaps there is nothing that can be done about this piteous state but to excuse oneself from this tribal-bigotry-birthed dis-unity.

Thanks for reading; intelligent comments alone, if possible.

All u have just written is Hogwash. U have asked for intelligent comments but u haven't spoken intelligently. Like I said previously, U cant use 5percent to fund 95%. we ijaw youths are saying no to this. Export your cows and use d proceeds to fund d 95%. Simple, buhari has always proven to be a dullard, if he thinks he can use brute force on us in d Naija delta, then watch as he is gonna bring his government down by himself. The same thing that happened to him in 1985 will happen to him again. We ijaw youths will defend our land against d continued pilfery from d north. It is no longer acceptable

Ijawmilitant#2015
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by Dannidom(m): 12:52am On May 28, 2016
Goke7:

Gej said that the Igbo's were the backbone of his govt, no one crucified him for that, he called sw rascals, they did not take arms, his wife called a whole region born throw away children and many more. Whatever PMB said, GeJ and his wife were also guilty of the same. Let's stop over reacting and crying like babies.

But we expected something different when we voted in the change gov't. What do we have now?
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by OneManLegion(m): 1:00am On May 28, 2016
Goke7:

I had to quote this comment because of the revolting propensity of Nigerians for selective honesty.

Now, I'm not justifying the 5%/97% votes statement that Buhari made, but he has been upbraided with uncommon ferocity meanwhile his predecessor said much worse and not much ado was made.

In spite of this, however, I still frown on that unguarded statement I made.

Let me quote one of my earlier comments:

"That statement was disappointing and unbecoming
of a president of a heterogeneous society such as
ours. However, we need to ask ourselves: have his
subsequent actions validated that misguided
statement?
A close look at him will answer in the negative. His
appointments have been as according to the
dictates of the federal character and there's no
gain-saying that the south-east and south-south
have been adequately represented in the 2016
budget as regards capital projects.
A lot of people claim he never denounced the
murderous herdsmen but an objective observer
would know that he actually did. He even went
ahead to set up an inquiry into the agatu tragedy.
The man, doesn't seem to be disinclined to any
section of the country so far. I sincerely think
people need to cut him some slack."

Btw, I understand that some folks have rained vitriols on me, I willfully ignored them and their mentions. I will continue in that manner and I'll respond to only courteous dissensions.
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by OreMI22: 3:33am On May 28, 2016
[size=18pt]Buhari should continue his parochial fulani agenda. it's okay.

But other nationalities also have a right to reject slavery and fulani intransigence.

For a bigot minded illiterate like Buhari to rule Nigeria is indeed a national disgrace.

[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by juman(m): 4:46am On May 28, 2016
Who else to blame?
You?

The man is a fake leader.
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:20am On May 28, 2016
waxxydude:
Insults? brother you never get that from me. Yea the president can be too honest and most times outspoken but don't you think nigeria's still kinda not-so-united for that? maybe the president could tone that down a little?

And i still really feel he should come down south, perhaps give us a sense of "we (SS) are still in this NIGERIA project"..

It'd go a long way..

Sorry, if I might have offended you,but I didn't mean that statement for people I quoted, rather it was for people who would quote me and start calling zombie ,because of a stated obvious fact.
Once again sorry if you felt offended.
We keep forgetting that Nigeria is an entity, united not just by people, but by soil, water and air, but when we south easterners talk, we forget one thing that Nigeria is not about south or north, but southeast, southwest, northeast and northwest .
Our greatest misunderstanding is lumping everybody not included in our old eastern region as against us. We are just 11 states out of 36, will it be fair for us to get 50% representation.
What we fail to understand which other people take advantage of, is that it is our governors we are supposed to hold responsible for a lot of things. If our senators can go to the red chamber to sleep and tweet while other regions push for federal presence in their states ,are we to blame the man in the center.
Let's join hands and call for separation of the local government from states, and watch positive development overtake us.
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by MrCow(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2016
selectedhero:

Though OneManLegion you still be my Nigerian brother sha, no hard feelings
baba, Una kill am

one basket of tomatoes for You jhor
Re: Is Buhari Really To Blame For The Secessionist Movements? A discourse by orisa37: 8:55am On May 28, 2016
PMB is Nigerian President now and on his shoulder rests the unenviable responsibilities to God, Allah if you please, to solve every Nigerian problem constitutionally and in accordance with international best practices. PMB is a Retired General of the Nigerian Army. Every one of such status is presumed to be especially blessed with the spirit of Discernment. Gowon gathered Nigeria together. OBJ and with full cooperation of IBB & AA knitted Nigeria..We expect PMB to put a progressive and fashionable garment on Nigeria to further consolidate the knitting already done. We are just warning that he doesn't put this Country asunder by islamising and selling Nigeria to Arab culture. PMB must have Respect for every state and culture in Nigeria. Good Luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Meets Ankio Briggs. / Latest: Oseloka Obaze Win PDP Governorship Primary Election In Anambra State. / The lopsided NNPC Appointment That Got Everyone Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.