Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,565 members, 7,837,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed (1060 Views)

Opinion: Most Of The Active Users Who Insult People Here Are Depressed / Five Ways You Can Get Pregnant Without Having Sex / Five Ways To Know If A Girl Has Sexually Transmitted Diseases Before Toasting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by hyman9ja(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2016
If you feel depressed, it's best to do something about it — depression doesn't just go away on its own. In addition to getting help from a doctor or therapist, here are 5 things you can do to feel better...

Exercise

Take a 15- to 30-minute brisk walk every day — or dance, jog, or bike if you prefer. People who are depressed may not feel much like being active. But make yourself do it anyway (ask a friend to exercise with you if you need to be motivated). Once you get in the exercise habit, it won't take long to notice a difference in your mood.

In addition to getting aerobic exercise, some yoga poses can help relieve feelings of depression. Try downward-facing dog or legs-up-the-wall pose (you can find these poses on yoga websites). Two other aspects of yoga — breathing exercises and meditation — can also help people with depression feel better.

Nurture yourself with good nutrition

Depression can affect appetite. One person may not feel like eating at all, but another might overeat. If depression has affected your eating, you'll need to be extra mindful of getting the right nourishment. Proper nutrition can influence a person's mood and energy. So eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and get regular meals (even if you don't feel hungry, try to eat something light, like a piece of fruit, to keep you going).

Identify troubles, but don't dwell on them

Try to identify any situations that have contributed to your depression. When you know what's got you feeling blue and why, talk about it with a caring friend. Talking is a way to release the feelings and to receive some understanding.

Please click Link to get full tips for ( Five ways to help yourself when you are depressed ) >>>

http://lovefac3..com.ng/2016/05/five-ways-to-help-yourself-when-you-are.html#more

Follow Us and Like Our Facebook Page

Twitter: @loveface3

Faceebook.com/lovesfactory

Whatsapp: 08066824350

More Articles at >>> http://lovefac3..com.ng/

Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Twaci(f): 5:44pm On May 27, 2016
Or I can just jump off a bridge undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by calliope(f): 6:08pm On May 27, 2016
Twaci:
Or I can just jump off a bridge undecided
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Kowor(f): 6:14pm On May 27, 2016
Shag a cute person grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Kiish(m): 6:55pm On May 27, 2016
youve got a bloody good point.. grin
Kowor:
Shag a cute person grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by iamdurent(m): 6:59pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
Shag a cute person grin
grin
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:25pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
Shag a cute person grin
Are you Nigerian??
I bet No...
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Kowor(f): 7:27pm On May 27, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Are you Nigerian??
I bet No...
How much are we talking about?
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:32pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
How much are we talking about?
20 pounds...
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Kowor(f): 7:36pm On May 27, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

20 pounds...
Lol. Am a Nigerian.
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:37pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
Lol. Am a Nigerian.
I don't believe tho...
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Kowor(f): 7:42pm On May 27, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

I don't believe tho...
Am Deltan.
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:46pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
Am Deltan.
Which side??....
Am Asaba...
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Kowor(f): 7:50pm On May 27, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Which side??....
Am Asaba...
Ughelli. Where in Asaba?
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:04pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
Ughelli. Where in Asaba?
Umuagu, opposite Stadium..
You know Asaba??
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Kowor(f): 8:44pm On May 27, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Umuagu, opposite Stadium..
You know Asaba??
Yes. Oshimili north.
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:45pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
Yes. Oshimili north.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by Kowor(f): 8:47pm On May 27, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
smiley
now where my 20pounds at?
Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
You will get it

Re: Five Ways To Help Yourself When You Are Depressed by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:17pm On May 27, 2016
Kowor:
You will get it

(1) (Reply)

“father Goes For Kidney Treatment – Leaves Hospital As A Women” / I Masturbate At Least Once A Day / Meet The Most Romantic Nigerian Police Officer (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.