Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up (33694 Views)

Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Anas09: 8:53pm On May 28, 2016
Blackfire:
Hmmm father's love..
I promise when i ve my own kids i will give them all the love in the world.

I will make sure none of them repeat my mistakes.. And in all the places my father ve had his short comings towards me, i will learn from it to better my kids life.

Unfortunately when u disdain your parents, as u grow up u find yourself doing exactly the samething.
I agree.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by free2ryhme: 10:00pm On May 28, 2016
MsFaith:

but you are funny o.
He came online to share his pain, you are suppose to advice him not criticise him. Even on this same thread, people are speaking up and testifying to the kind of hatred they built for their parents over the years. What would you say about those that came to seek advice over some issues?

You are the one that is funny. Because others are sharing their failed parent(s) testimony does not make parenting evil. Parents are humans are they have their exceptions.

I made constructive criticism not patronise him like the others. We have at one point in our lives wrong people hating does not solve the problem it escalates it
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Mamatee07: 10:08pm On May 28, 2016
euromilion:

I know it works,but not in Africa,African kids has no privilege,I can't remember anything that my parents could've taken away from me then.

I however do use your method on my kids,because they've things that I could take away.

But as for average African kids,all I could say is Lord have mercy.some African parents are so poor,that all they've is their kids.

Every child has a privilege a parent can take away as discipline e.g play time, t.v time and such. If the child usually goes out to play with siblings and friend's maybe for an hour after school, you can make the child stay in the house while others go to play. You won't believe how a child feels seeing his mate playing outside and he can't.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Seun360(m): 11:27pm On May 28, 2016
I really envy those that showers encounium towards their dad, I don't pray to have the kind of father that I had in my next life if recantation is actually true.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Seun360(m): 11:31pm On May 28, 2016
I will spit on my father's grave if am opportuned to go near it.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by DamiG(f): 11:39pm On May 28, 2016
calliope:
same here...i hate my dad.

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 1:50am On May 29, 2016
I always hated my dad till he died, he'd beat up my mom, was a terrible person and his people were terrible people, they were all terrible, he died in a plane crash as a soldier . I rarely think or remember him, its because of him and his people that I will never marry from ijebu ode.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 5:10am On May 29, 2016
I love both equally! I find this topic question idiotic and nonsensical. undecided
KELVIN086:

John share ur own experience , who do u like better ur dad or mom.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by abbeyty(m): 5:56am On May 29, 2016
centboy123456:

Nor be only u I don't know my father that much I don't care about my mom or my brother coz nobody care about me

sorry brov, this your own case hard ohh

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by chidarlus(m): 5:57am On May 29, 2016
Airforce1:
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man
I remember catching him with a strange woman while momma was away
But he fucking deceived me she was his course mate back in university.

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

I guess we all have different parents.....never remembered any of my parents laying dia hands on me except......d day I unscrewed the screws of our tv set, I quickly went to bed...but...eeh.....my dad used slippers on my swt lil bombom and trust me,I want on hunger strike,till I got a new Nintendo 32bits....

mr airforce u DONT hate ur dad..u just MAD at him and trust me if u dont stop bin MAD at him....when u loss him...dats when HATRED will set in,but not HATRED for him, but for yourself for not bin able to stop been MAD at him and for the record i dont think ur dad hates uuu...NO FATHER CAN EVER hate his CHILD....cos children are just adorable
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 7:35am On May 29, 2016
Mamatee07:

Every child has a privilege a parent can take away as discipline e.g play time, t.v time and such. If the child usually goes out to play with siblings and friend's maybe for an hour after school, you can make the child stay in the house while others go to play. You won't believe how a child feels seeing his mate playing outside and he can't.

Every child?
Go tell that to a market woman,where did she find time to look after her kids?not to talk of stopping him/her from playing.you are talking of young pple of today,in our days how many families had tv?.we did not have one anyway.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 11:03am On May 29, 2016
pcguru1:
I always hated my dad till he died, he'd beat up my mom, was a terrible person and his people were terrible people, they were all terrible, he died in a plane crash as a soldier . I rarely think or remember him, its because of him and his people that I will never marry from ijebu ode.

This got me laughing...
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by KELVIN086: 12:32pm On May 29, 2016
Silkmoth33:
I love both equally! I find this topic question idiotic and nonsensical. undecided
ur father

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 29, 2016
Tpappie:

This got me laughing...

Guy we went through a lot, after he died they took all our properties and wanted to take some of the kids so when pple say things like that happens in igboland i always laugh, we had to stay with my mother's people(funny enough who are nice people and also ijebu ode) but mehn Ijebu Ode never been there since 1995 and never will.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 29, 2016
pcguru1:

Guy we went through a lot, after he died they took all our properties and wanted to take some of the kids so when pple say things like that happens in igboland i always laugh, we had to stay with my mother's people(funny enough who are nice people and also ijebu ode) but mehn Ijebu Ode never been there since 1995 and never will.

Lol, my Papa sef na Ijjebu Mman. It is well bro.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 29, 2016
Airforce1:
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man
I remember catching him with a strange woman while momma was away
But he fucking deceived me she was his course mate back in university.

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

Just read tru.... cry

You're doing just fine... But you know something, you're gonna have to forgive him sooner...

All is well
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Chekitaut: 10:53pm On May 29, 2016
Bro, na your own u talk if u hear another pesin own u go run.

U only killing urself psychologically. I expect to hear u say u strong, brave, feel loving is best, discipline now.

Remember you are good in way of life now is because of ur experience. Let Dad be, ok

...what u are now is dad

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by brajy(m): 11:50pm On May 29, 2016
Christafarian:

Am i the only one who thinks this is the most obfuscating comment so far?
no you can't be. in fact u ain't d only one at all. they are many like you.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
I won't be surprised if you get blocked soon!
KELVIN086:

ur father
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by KELVIN086: 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
Silkmoth33:
john , u dey form for me .
its like uve forgotten i was ur school father back in school.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by KELVIN086: 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
Silkmoth33:
where is tall john.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
Cow! Which school father! You are an idiot. How was camp? I bet you still a virgin!
KELVIN086:

john , u dey form for me .
its like uve forgotten i was ur school father back in school.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
You no get work oh undecided
KELVIN086:

where is tall john.

He is not on nairaland
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by adimloaded(f): 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
I noticed dat father's r more harsh on deir children dan mother's n kids r good in keeping bad records dan de good ones.

But op hating ur dad will do u more harm dan good at de end,so just let go of de past because his intentions then might be dat he is disciplining u to be a beta person in life without knowing dat he is doing more harm dan good toward u.

There is no kid dat doesn't hv a story abt his/her up bringing but it all depends on our sense of reasoning n hw serious we tk each beating,slap or knock we received fm our parents.

If i shld tell u my own story u will know dat ur dad is just a saint wer my dad is.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2016
Is not only beating, What of Fathers who verbally abuse? Thats worse than beating and can kill the child psychologically, till he or she grows...No one to receive emotional comfort from..
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by KinSlayer: 7:54am On Nov 25, 2016
Nigerians do not believe in therapy or closure. @ all those saying that there are some things left better unsaid, I say this ; there are some things that should not be locked up. if op doesn't resolve his issues he's only going to end up doing the same to his children. op needs the advice on this thread. op should also confront his dad and let him know how he feels. op will never recover, but at least his hatred will be channeled at the right person, not his wife and children
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by gregyboy(m): 6:58am On Nov 26, 2016
free2ryhme:

congrats for coming online to rubbish your dad

seun go give you medal

he that is without sin cast the first stone

guy you should learn that somethings are better left unsaid

mstchew!!!!

u been pathetic somethings are ment to be said so it can free ur mine as a kid me nd my dad wernt cool at all usually beat me wit every slight reason to d extent if i see him i go opposite way i didnt grow with both parents if not it would have beeen a big quarrel for my mum i also recieve knck from dad wen moody or happy i guess one day those child abuse gat to stop it aint helping or changing a devil to an angel even d white dont and dey still better dan us
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Nope. You have not reached the end of your story yet, when you become a father then we can revisit this conversation.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by mrblest: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2018
i faced the same bully too. but i just let go of them.

kindly copy and past the link below and register to make 5k to 10k daily

https://wakanda.ng/affiliate-register/?ref=blestukechi@gmail.com
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

He Is 36, Still Stays With His Parents And Wants To Marry Her. Help!!! / The Untold Story Of The Baby Found In OAU Toilet / Boy Writes “I Will Never Hit A Woman In My Life Especially My Sister”. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.