Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up (33629 Views)

Photos Of A Man And His Adorable Triplet Daughters Who All Look Like Him / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / It's Going To 5years I Got Married And I Still Dont Feel Close To My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 27, 2016
calliope:
same here...i hate my dad.
abeg no killam o. Tell him were he wrong u am sure both of u wil be frnds cos u are an adult now
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Consiglier: 10:05pm On May 27, 2016
BABANGBALI:
God bless you and your entire generation

Amen
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by krak101(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2016
I can relate with your experience bro. Fast forward to the present I now understand some of my dads decisions and acts and guess what... Am forever grateful. So cheer up my bro, father meant the best for you. Forgiveness is the surest path to healing. Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by funkyibodude(m): 10:05pm On May 27, 2016
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Umartins1(m): 10:06pm On May 27, 2016
johnson232:
i am sure he detest u as well...
Yes, and the rest of my siblings.

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by busomma: 10:07pm On May 27, 2016
Terrible thing to say about ur parent who worked under rain & sun for to be what u are today. Be very careful cos what goes around comes around. I hope ur kids treat & have same feelings u have for ur dad for u. Obey ur mother & father so thy days may be long.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Larryfest(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2016
Guy no be only you,i don tell my own make him pray for two tins...1. make i die bfor am 2. make i no gt money. Bt if God no ansa him prayers for dos two tins hmmm!! Make i stop for here sha.... Bt as for my mum she is my pillar

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by BABANGBALI: 10:07pm On May 27, 2016
krak101:
I can relate with your experience bro. Fast forward to the present I now understand some of my dads decisions and acts and guess what... Am forever grateful. So cheer up my bro, father meant the best for you. Forgiveness is the surest path to healing. Cheers
leave he guy alone,na wetin him sabi?wen the old man die,na dat time him go appreciate him.

Iranu osi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:09pm On May 27, 2016
ebamma:
Make i talk true.

I suppose hate my Old man pass you sef,

but i don't.
Me were him don beat with bicycle chain,

Punch me like Mike Tyson,

Flog me with the biggest cane.

But that didn't make me hate him,

It only made me want to be a better man than him.

That's why i hate seeing kids being beaten,

many a times, i always intervene and stop their Parents from beating 'em.

grin grin

Bros, U be retired badoo ooooo

grin grin BICYCLE CHAIN!!!!!!
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by shaybebaby(f): 10:09pm On May 27, 2016
favourmic:

What your offence then? Or he just chained you without no reason?
No offence justifies such action,jeez!
Would your father attempt such now that you are a grown man? I'm willing to bet the answer is no! Because he would meet equal force.
Doing that to a defenceless child is NOT acceptable in any form. That is taking advantage of a person who is physically weaker.
No wonder the country is full of wife beaters, people who are abused often go on to become abusers themselves. angry

17 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by njiasi30(f): 10:10pm On May 27, 2016
Some ppl wish dat dey ve a dad and u re here hating him 4 trying 2 shape u 2 b a better man in future. Even if ur dad didn't pamper u, at least ur mum did.when one person is fire d other will b water so it can blend. At least he took care of ur responsibilities. Stop bearing grudges 4 him, u re d one suffering it, In his mind he's only training u, so 4give & 4get and b happy. Enjoy every moments of ur life,Life is 2 short 2 waste on grudges. Laugh when u can, apologize when u should... and let go of what u can't change.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Pyroclast(m): 10:11pm On May 27, 2016
ebamma:
Make i talk true.

I suppose hate my Old man pass you sef,

but i don't.
Me were him don beat with bicycle chain,

Punch me like Mike Tyson,

Flog me with the biggest cane.

But that didn't make me hate him,

It only made me want to be a better man than him.

That's why i hate seeing kids being beaten,

many a times, i always intervene and stop their Parents from beating 'em.

U just got me nostalgic!!
Nowadays, I see my dad's reasons for his actions then and also his flaws in the past. I try not to make the same mistakes he made.
What more can we do than to learn from the mistakes of our parents!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:11pm On May 27, 2016
waxxydude:
Was cool with my parents. But the only thing i hated bout my dad was how the man dashes me knock whether excited or angered.

The 1st day i dodge his knock (@ 17) the guy say i don join cult. chai. e nor gree me sleep for house.. omo na ma pastor, shurch members and neighbours beg for me dah day o. grin

grin grin grin

Nigga talk true U did more than dodge His knock to deserve this
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by smiliyB(f): 10:16pm On May 27, 2016
tayooluwole:
This is how I feel when ever my Mum tells me that my Dad will be travelling on a long journey... I don't like seeing my Dad around at all, he is too harsh and authoritative
lolz u'r not well,dis ur pic nah die.... @airforce forgive n forget,it's not easy but just try.I feel ur pain.... @father n father to be pls learn to be kind to dis kids,let wisdom guide u when directing their steps.thnks

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by feldido(m): 10:18pm On May 27, 2016
VanBommel:
I've been there too, but I've forgiven him although it hasn't been easy cos sometimes my thoughts unknowingly wanders there

It got 2 d point I felt he wasn't my dad... But we are just carbon copy grin

4 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by iykepromotions: 10:19pm On May 27, 2016
Several African parents still have a long way to go in showing love and care to their children. Some display harshness and brutality as if that's the best way to train a child.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 27, 2016
E say childhood girlfriend,
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by aalangel(f): 10:22pm On May 27, 2016
free2ryhme:

congrats for coming online to rubbish your dad
seun go give you medal
he that is without sin cast the first stone
guy you should learn that somethings are better left unsaid
mstchew!!!!
Don't mind him!
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nina4u(f): 10:23pm On May 27, 2016
I had a very abusive father. I left my home when I was 16 and was wanted by the Interpol . I lived in 4 countries so far .. I am who I am today thanks to my parents .. I do have sporadic contact with my mom ..I don't blame her for not being able to protect us kids ..she was severely abused her self ... I have not spoken to the father I call sperm donator since I left ..but tell u this Airforce1 u have to forgive but not forgetting .. Because ur bitterness can consume u otherwise ..live us life ..ur grown now but never ever do what he did to u..to your children ..protect them and love them

7 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 27, 2016
You gotta show him some love, man.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by eyinjuege: 10:26pm On May 27, 2016
Consiglier:
Fatherhood is a thankless job. Its too bad many a child have no love for their father and his only offence being obeying the biblical injunction; spare the rod and spoil the child.

I want to be a father and friend to my daughter, but I will not hesitate to punish her appropriately if the need arises and other avenues explored to no avail.

But then, I believe men should be indifferent to their children's feeling for them; either love or hate. All we need is your respect and to guide you in the right path and at all cost

Rod doesn't necessarily mean physical cane. There are better effective ways of instilling discipline, and this shouldn't be by assault. A lot of parents miss it with their children.
We should learn to resolve conflicts and issues without the use of violence, and we should teach our children that . I'm sure that's what Christ would want .
It's ideal parents live exemplary lives for their kids to follow, but a lot dont do that and, they T hink its by assaulting their kids that will make the children turn out right.

7 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by dubemivan(m): 10:27pm On May 27, 2016
Airforce1:
So today I took my niece to go play with her mates at Sweet sensation children funfair in my crib..
She was so happy playing with her mates and I on the other side keeping an eye on her got carried away by the thought of not having enough love by that man that called himself my father back in the days as a kid.

I remember my dad beating me up at every slightest provocation even on children's day.

He is a bad man
I remember catching him with a strange woman while momma was away
But he fucking deceived me she was his course mate back in university.

What made me hate him more was the day he flogged me in the presence of my child hood girl friend .
I can't forget that day.
He messed me up so badly that I had to run to momma to ask if that man was actually my father.

I hate him with passion.

Till these present day that I'm grown up , I don't even call him , I don't care about him... I only care about mom because she gave me confidence , showed me love and treat me right .

So to the parents reading my story, you've got to be not just mom and dad to your children , you've got to be friends with them too so they don't go online and write my kind of story about you when they became adults.

Thanks for reading.
Airforce!

It is too bad but then never make light the place of Father in your destiny irrespective of whatever he may have done to you. A wise Son gets the blessing and support of His dad but a kid who try to play smart might end up incurring curse!
He is your Father and you came from his loins.. His words and prayers can take you a long way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by abbeyty(m): 10:29pm On May 27, 2016
That reminds me of a slap I received from my old man in front of a girl I was toasting when I was a teenager, but I dont hate him I love my dad.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by biggie73(m): 10:30pm On May 27, 2016
Your dad did you no wrong. You just want to hate the man. Even if he is that bad, giving you life is the most precious gift you can ever have. Thank God, you are his image. Cherish him while he still has life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 27, 2016
I love my dad more than I love myself, I first thank God for his life before mine, my other loved ones and friends.
OP, I won't tell you to forget about it because it's not easy but forgive and let it go. Just ask God to help to help you out and he will.
Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by treasuredkids(f): 10:36pm On May 27, 2016
@op. U feel hurt its understandable but u must learn to let go of the hurts. Sometimes u need to see the positive side to every "negative", event in life. I'm certain if the heart can be viewed as a mirror, u will be able to see the measure of love ur dad has for u. Also u should know by now that African parents show love in diverse forms even in the most unexpected manner. Let the pains go cos it will help u never to be guided by fear of not scolding ur child so u dnt walk in ur fathers shoes. How would you feel if ur grown child looks u in d face and tells u how much he detest u for not rebuking him/her or not using the rod on them to avoid them making dangerous mistakes or decisions? Love has got two faces, the good side and the strict side. Even if u get to see the strict side more, its still love OK.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Dcomrade(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2016
waxxydude:
Was cool with my parents. But the only thing i hated bout my dad was how the man dashes me knock whether excited or angered.

The 1st day i dodge his knock (@ 17) the guy say i don join cult. chai. e nor gree me sleep for house.. omo na ma pastor, shurch members and neighbours beg for me dah day o. grin
Couldn't help laughing grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by ArchiPelago1: 10:39pm On May 27, 2016
I wish I had a father.. I will turn the whole world upside down just to see him again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 27, 2016
Sunnycliff:
And you will one day be a dad and your son will hate you!

Karma treats all misgivings squarely

His son will treat him that way only if he does what his father did.

Let's stop condoning bad behaviour.

7 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by kayalla(f): 10:41pm On May 27, 2016
i dont think its a enough reason to hate ur dad too this extent, me as a girl growing up, my father dealt with me ruthlessly. in fact i cant begin to narrate wat my own dad did to me, its was stroke of luck that am not disfigured in any form.
can u imagine me using banana leaf to write in school as punishment, and that is just the least. but from wat i saw or see now he did it out of love not for hatred. but i still will lay me life for my dad, cos i dont know wat would have become of me today.
so dude u no see anything. forgive him, cos one day when he is gone u will regret.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by NevetsIbot(m): 10:41pm On May 27, 2016
airforce1. You didnt see anything. My dad beat for useless things. He'd fold a wire in three or four and whoop me for small things. Which child chop beating reach me sev? Dad would beat me till I bled. He'd beat you anywhere.... His left hand na die

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 27, 2016
I'm not going to say I hate him but I don't love him either, we dont have a relationship, hardly talk together, I'm most times jealous of my friend when I see how him and his father relates, even calls his father old man and playing PES 2 with him.... my dad will never smile, only derives pleasure in beating and abusing me and my siblings.... I've only made up my mind I'll never be anything like him when I have my own kids.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding / A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.