Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Academic Hon. Degree Awards (b.sc,m.sc,m.phil,phd,professorship) In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Academic Hon. Degree Awards (b.sc,m.sc,m.phil,phd,professorship) In Nigeria (1712 Views)

Can GEJ Provide Us With His B.sc, M.sc And P.hd Thesis. / Only In Naija: BSc (1997), Professorship (2003) / Why Is He Lying About His Professorship ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Academic Hon. Degree Awards (b.sc,m.sc,m.phil,phd,professorship) In Nigeria by Affalatus: 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2009
Academic Hon. Degree Awards (B.Sc,M.Sc,M.Phil,Phd,Professorship):

I am a firm believer that the award of Academic Hon. Degrees in Nigerian Universities should be monitored as some questionable characters are displaying questionable credentials that are meant to showcase a personae sound in learning and character. Even the hallowed circle of Professors has encountered breaches from less honourable men, men whom are lacking in character and academic depth. I will not name names but i will suggest the following:

The Nigerian Educational System should protect itself. ASUU, i hope someone from there reads this: Let there be a law stopping any scholar from attaining not more than one Academic Hon. Degree Award per University for example:

If you get a First Class in Economics from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. The law should stop you from getting anyother Academic Hon. Degree Award from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and Enugu Campus lest you find a comfort zone to rack up Academic Hon. Degree Awards without being sound in character and learning.

This is imperative to safe guard our tertiary institutions. ALUTA FOREVER.

A

(1) (Reply)

$180m Halliburton Scam: Govt Files Charges Against Obasanjo’s Aide, Julius Berge / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) / Power Sharing: It’s Either The Senate President Or Speaker -s’east Reps !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.