Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Nigerian Army Soldiers Heaviily Shooting At Oporoza In Search Of NDA Militiants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Soldiers Heaviily Shooting At Oporoza In Search Of NDA Militiants (544 Views)

Military Raids Tompolo's Home In Oporoza, Delta State / Soldiers Return To Oporoza In Delta State / Military Storms Oporoza, Niger-Delta In Warships Searching For Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Soldiers Heaviily Shooting At Oporoza In Search Of NDA Militiants by fastest007: 11:17am On May 28, 2016
Following the increased presence of militants and bombing of oil pipelines by a group known as Niger Delta Avengers in the region, the Nigerian Defense Headquarters reportedly deployed at least 4 warships and battalions of soldiers to affected areas.

However, the soldiers deployed Oporoza community, Warri South-West LGA of Delta State have sacked villages with gunshots, NGLatest has learnt.

Ijaw leader, Chief Godspower Gbenekama spoke around 9AM on Saturday:

“Soldiers have started shooting in Oporoza as I speak to you now, I do not know the casualty, but they are shooting right now, the whole town is in turmoil.”

I am crying on behalf of my people, we have been saying before now that we do not know what the military is looking for in Oporoza, they have come two times before now in the last few weeks. We said then that they were looking for excuse to start shooting, now they are shooting, we do not know what will happen after the shooting.”

Another source added:

“The military is currently shooting randomly in Oporoza but we do not know whether it was aimed at anybody because we are still in the forest. We ran into the forest this morning."

cc seun obinoscopy lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Army Soldiers Heaviily Shooting At Oporoza In Search Of NDA Militiants by fastest007: 11:18am On May 28, 2016
Re: Nigerian Army Soldiers Heaviily Shooting At Oporoza In Search Of NDA Militiants by timisco1: 11:19am On May 28, 2016
E don start o
Re: Nigerian Army Soldiers Heaviily Shooting At Oporoza In Search Of NDA Militiants by anwe: 11:20am On May 28, 2016
I de Siddon look
Re: Nigerian Army Soldiers Heaviily Shooting At Oporoza In Search Of NDA Militiants by Mynd44: 11:21am On May 28, 2016

(1)

Lai Mohammed To Publish Names Of Looters, Recovered Funds - Buhari / Former Kaduna Governor Balarabe Musa Blasts Buhari, Jonathan For Ruining Nigeria / Turn Sambisa To Grazzing Zone, Of What Other Use Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.