Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! (1355 Views)

A 5-Mile Island Built to Save Lagos’s Economy Has a Fatal Design Flaw / Emergency Powers Bill: LCCI, MAN, NLC, Others Back Buhari’s Proposals / Economy Has Stopped Working, Labour Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by citizenisb: 11:59am On May 28, 2016
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/28/lcci-economy-suffered-severe-decline-under-buharis-one-year/

The Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) has declared that the Nigerian economy suffered severe decline in the past one year of the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The LCCI in a report titled: “The Economy After One Year of Buhari’s Administration” released yesterday explained that the woeful outcome of the nation’s economic performance was the result of “the absence of well structured, broad-based and synergized economic blueprint with clearly stated goals, plans, policies and strategies to drive the economy.”

The Chamber stressed that the economic policy space remained unclear, adding that the policy conception was faulty, hence, policy coordination and implementation suffered serious setback.

The LCCI stated in the report: “There is, therefore, urgent need for central policy strategy with detailed and well-designed policy direction. This is critical to effective and efficient coordination and implementation of policy.

“While the policy goal of eliminating corruption is laudable, the need for concerted effort on the side of the government with respect to policy, legal and regulatory environments in order to boost private sector participation is highly desirable.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/28/buharis-first-year-its-the-economy-stupid/

4 Likes

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Sunnycliff(m): 12:02pm On May 28, 2016
Seven more years is still coming! But I will only laugh at the Change Mantra!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Amakortee: 12:03pm On May 28, 2016
OK na
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by DickDastardly(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2016
grin
Only Libyan zombies dont know this yet .... the hardship ghost of the 80's is back

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by nnadychuks(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2016
van Gaal is out,I don't know what this Buhari is waiting for.. Tomorrow makes it 1 year

2 Likes

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 28, 2016
nnadychuks:
van Gaal is out,I don't know what this Buhari is waiting for.. Tomorrow makes it 1 year
Don't u know ur way to Aso rock Go remove him na.
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by pendusky(m): 12:23pm On May 28, 2016
In Summary:
PMB 1 year in office brought about negative change,

As promised In his campaign,

1$ is not equal 1N

Fuel = N145 instead of N45 we were blind to see the Silent "1" in 45 like Silent "P" in Psychology

about half a million workers loose their jobs
Rise of Armed military Fulani Herdsmen
and killing of Agatu people and Enugu people

Rise of NDA (Not Nigeria Defence Academy but Niger Delta Avengers)

50% rise in cost of living and food stuffs
Nigerians Happiness decrease by 50%
Inflation rise

20% Rise in Transportation

And unending hardship.

And a lots more!

5 Likes

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by OLADD: 1:48pm On May 28, 2016
Coming right from the Jagaban's colony. Only enemies of Nigeria would counteract this LCCI position. All the stories of empty treasury and PDP's alleged 16-year ruinous rule coming from APC and the Presidency are nothing but concocted attempts to play down Buhari's crudity, inexperience, primitivity and analogous misrule.

Obasanjo did not use military's mismanagement of Nigeria's economy pre-1999 as an excuse to slow down our pace of development neither did Obama lash on Bush's 8-year misrule as an alibi not to steer America out of dangling recession. Both scenarios were more precarious and pitiable than the one met by Buhari in 2015. The simple fact is that neither Buhari nor his team has the intellectual and managerial capabilities to reposition the country from its economic doldrum. All they would do till 2019 is the usual trial and error.

9 Likes

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Pidggin(f): 2:23pm On May 28, 2016
We will soon become suffering Somalians
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Emekamex(m): 2:27pm On May 28, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by zooster: 2:39pm On May 28, 2016
And the worst being that the more the day passes by the more confused they get. Buhari is not the man, quote me anywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Amanwulu1(m): 2:55pm On May 28, 2016
We don enter oo we don enter!
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by stevecantrell: 4:04pm On May 28, 2016
Emekamex:

Nigeria is their toilet.

Very apt !

1 Like

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by citizenisb: 5:03pm On May 28, 2016
For the Lagos Chamber of Commerce to say this means things are really bad

4 Likes

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Adesiji77: 5:05pm On May 28, 2016
"As-the-spirit-directs"...
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by citizenisb: 5:22pm On May 28, 2016
Pray for Nigeria!!!
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Iykopeee: 5:30pm On May 28, 2016
citizenisb:
Pray for Nigeria!!!

Americans dont pray for their country to get on the right track. They do what's neccessary through visionary policies and implementation. Can we do it same way and wont success wont come? I pretty much doubt it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by pikin1(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2016
Tell us what we dont know already cool

1 Like

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by aloeman15(m): 6:13pm On May 28, 2016
Someone, pls tell the lagos branch of wailing wailers to gerout jare. Or is it that only their ipad chapter are the ones coming forward?
Anyway, I heard that form production is banned in order to give proper orientation to new members. No scam or forgery permitted. Efcc on alert.
I no know if na tru o!

Was the lcci actually waiting for a whole year to tell us buhari didn't have policies, or were they just murmuring about it out of fear?
Bunkum

1 Like

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by citizenisb: 7:12pm On May 28, 2016
Lagos is an APC state so for them to say this means the shoe is really pinching
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by citizenisb: 4:28am On May 29, 2016
New Forex laws coming up from 1st of June
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Nobody: 4:37am On May 29, 2016
With this apparent failure, some nigerians still praises this man, na wa for this country.

1 Like

Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by citizenisb: 4:41am On May 29, 2016
“I have to reluctantly give up because the so-called Nigerian economists come and talk things to me, and when I raise issues they talk over my head instead of inside my head. For us to lose over N300 (every year we’re losing the value of the currency by N100), what for?

“I find myself in a very difficult state because the economists cannot tell me why we should continue to devalue our naira.

“I’m still agonising over it, that the naira should be reduced to such a disgraceful level over the last 30 years. I need to be educated on this.

“But I’m not ruling this country alone. I’m under pressure and we’ll see how we can accommodate the economists.”
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by citizenisb: 7:29pm On May 30, 2016
These continued attacks by the NDA has crippled oil production and export operations, pushing output to more than a 21 year low, forcing Nigeria to lose its status as Africa’s top oil producer. And things could get worse. With total production losses currently estimated to be around one million bpd, being Africa’s number one oil producer should be the least of the country’s worry, as it is gradually losing its spot as a major player in the global oil market all together.

Currently, three Nigerian crude export grades – Forcados, Bonny Light, and Brass River – are under force majeure as a direct result of the attacks by NDA. This has led to a decline in the supply of gas, resulting in a loss in production capacity for most of the country’s power plants. For several months now, Nigerians have suffered epileptic power supply, and total blackouts. These attacks also means less revenue returns for Nigeria, whose primary export product is oil.

Last Thursday, the federal government and the nine states of the Niger Delta region agreed to jointly raise a security team, which would be made up of ex-militants, to curb growing militancy. In this meeting, the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachukwu, called on state governors in the Niger Delta region to be actively involved in providing lasting solutions to the resurgence of pipeline vandalism.

The NDA have proven themselves to be very effective in their attacks on major oil facilities in the Niger Delta, and have shown no signs of backing down. If they are allowed to continue at this rate, then it’s safe to say the country is pretty much doomed, especially as they have restated warnings to oil firms to shut down operations or face more devastating attacks.

Surely, something more urgent than just a meeting needs to happen at this point.
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by citizenisb: 7:32pm On May 30, 2016
Re: Shocking - Economy Has Suffered Severe Decline Under Buhari - LCCI !!! by Standing5(m): 8:27pm On May 30, 2016
No more chop n clean mouth.

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Expresses Concern Over Niger Delta Violence / IGBOS BE Careful!-emeka Odumegwu-ojukwu Jr Wrote Intelligent Article / The True Face Of Religious Intolerance In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.