Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With (2812 Views)

For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 / For Broke Girls Who Want To Date Only Rich Men / Problems Only Pretty Ladies Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Havabelle(f): 2:58pm On May 28, 2016
A bachelor took out some time to state 10 challenges faced by every single rich guy in Lagos. Read below:

It’s funny to me when I read online that all that is required to get a Naija gal is money! People exaggerate the influence of money. Many guys automatically assume that once you display some cash, gals will automatically trip for you like mad. While it may be true to some extent (I have experienced that), it is not always the case.

I am not particularly stinkingly rich but I am a very comfortable bachelor working with one of the foremost multinational oil companies in Nigeria. I can afford the basic things of life with ease and with enough to spare. I also have friends & colleagues who are very comfortable and face similar challenges I and others face. Any rich, single guy will possibly identify with some of the challenges I am about to outline, if not all. Some of the challenges are as follows:

1. Many girls automatically assume that you are a player – Drive a nice car, wear good clothes, smell well and live in a comfortable house and many gals automatically tag you out as a player. Undecided, I have been told so many times by girls. One of my close friend had to quit a relationship because his girlfriend was just too insecure and didn’t trust him. It is also sad that my ex-girlfriends have also accused me of cheating even though I was never caught.

2. Many think you have a girlfriend – You walk up to a girl, chat her up and start off a conversation. You become her friend and eventually ask her out. She tells you to your face that she knows that you already have a girlfriend, and possibly a fiancée. She tells you that it is virtually impossible for you to be single with your current status. For goodness sake, what does my financial status have to do with my relationship life? From that point onward, they hardly take you serious.

3. Some girls are just interested in your money – Yes, many rich guys can testify to this. You meet lots and lots of female fraudster – we call them runs girls. They pretend to like you but all they are interested in is to get a share of your ‘national cake’ – your money. I can not count the number of times that girls (that I am still toasting) will be asking me to pay for their house rent, set up a business for them, etc when I am yet to start dating them. Even at the stage of friendship, some start asking for phones, Brazilian hairs and all kinds of stuff. It’s annoying! Why is it so hard sometimes to meet a decent, good looking girl? I must confess not all girls are like that but many are.

4. You spend more for your girlfriends – Girlfriends who have rich boyfriends expect their guys to spend more for them. You will find out that your broke male friends spend far less for their girlfriends ( and the girls appear to be contented), but in your case, your girlfriends expect that you ‘prove’ your love by spending your cash on them. If you don’t spend lavishly, you risk being tagged as ‘stingy’.

5. Fine girls tend to play more ‘hard-to-get’ with the rich guys than the broke ones – YES! You heard me right. It’s surprisingly ironic, isn’t it? Fine girls tend to play hard to get with the rich guys because they want to been seen as decent and not after money. Many atimes, it’s just sheer pretence. They pretend to be decent, good, domesticated. They may sometimes hide their promiscuous and cheap lifestyle because they assume that they have finally met the serious-minded rich guy. So, they want to appear like a good girl. Some may also play hard-to-get so that you can spend more during the toasting stage. Meanwhile, you find out that these girls keep rolling carelessly and freely with the not-so-rich guys in the neighborhood.

6. You become paranoid –You find it hard to know who really loves you. You also tend to think the girls in your circle are only around because of your money. You become confused and it gets difficult to settle for a choice. It seems best to have settled for someone before you ‘made’ it.

7. You may actually meet fewer number of good girls – You heard me right. You find out that you meet mostly bad and extremely extroverted girls. This is because the richer you get, the more isolated you may become. You drive your car, meaning that you do not meet ladies often in the bus or park. You do mostly online transfer meaning that you also miss out on ladies who visit the banks. You also are too busy to visit near-by higher institutions where you can meet various chicks. We often live in very secured estates where everybody minds his/her own business further isolating us from meeting the real, ‘good’ gals out there. We tend to hang out in bars and clubs where you meet the highly extroverted, possibly bad gals. Gals in church are possibly worse-off too and not much better. Sigh….

8. You spend more than others to get a gal others would easily get with little cash – Another sad truth. Standards are set for you. While the not-so-rich guys will think twice before spending even less than 5k on a girl, you find yourself spending comparatively more for a gal. Due to your class, you have minimum standards for yourself, and you find it hard to go below it as it has become part of your lifestyle. First impression matters a lot for women. When you take a lady on a date within your ‘minimum standard’which may be very ordinary to you, she may become carried away with the lavishness. She often steps up her game so as not to appear cheap. cool

9. Your true personality is often buried beneath your financial strength – Rich guys are one of the most misunderstood persons. Sometimes, we just want to be ourselves. However, friends and hanger-bys tend to be insecure and intimidated around us and think of us only in terms of our money. You jokingly tease a girl, and she is quick to point out to you that ‘is it because you think you have money?’ Not only girls, even fellow friends around you will feel very insecure. Some do not want to introduce you to their girlfriends because they are afraid that you will snatch them away. You find street guys freely talking to these fine young girls, and nobody calls them names. If you do same, people tag you as arrogant, player, disrespectful, etc. All focus is on you. Gossips are directed towards you.

10. You find out the real, hard truth that money can not buy true love – Of course, money plays a very big role as it can fuel and sustain true love but money can hardly get you true love. Money can get you a beautiful woman, but it can’t get you a decent, faithful and loyal girl. Every rich, comfortable or even upcoming guy out there should focus more on building a personality that is attractive to ladies. I have been poor and loved by a lady unconditionally before. I am comfortable and have been hurt by a lady recently. I have been both poor and rich in my life. From my experience, I can very well say that LIKEABLE PERSONALITY COMES BEFORE MONEY.

Source: naij.com

https://www.naij.com/480870-memo-problems-faced-by-lagos-single-rich-guy.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by iamVirus(m): 3:00pm On May 28, 2016
seen
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Cutehector(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2016
I dnt care.. grin
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:09pm On May 28, 2016
I can only relate with some...

Hopefully, when. the cash becomes Larger, I will know if Op is correct...

Till then.....

Hustling continues...

1 Like

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 28, 2016
Too long..
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Feranchek(m): 3:12pm On May 28, 2016
Been long I had a bottle.... lemme chill here while I see how it turns out wink
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 28, 2016
cheesy grin op, now Ur segregating these men by their comments..
who's broke & who's filthy rich...

Ladies shud watch this.. tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by deloon(m): 3:17pm On May 28, 2016
Seems legit.
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by iLUMeN8(m): 3:17pm On May 28, 2016
space booked....
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 28, 2016
Here to read comments
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 28, 2016
slyIsaac:
Too long..
Lazy Ass! undecided

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 28, 2016
Estharfabian:
Lazy Ass! undecided

grin
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Havabelle(f): 5:00pm On May 28, 2016
Let the rich and single guys comment na tongue tongue
I know some people will soon come for my head
*runs outta thread*
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by firstking01(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2016
Hmmm, if this is true it then means i'm gonna live in disguise to get the woman of my dreams.
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by daniska3yaro(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2016
Yes oo
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by humilitypays(m): 5:27pm On May 28, 2016
All the points are correct except No. 5 and No. 8

Reason why No. 5 is not true: 99.9% of beautiful girls (I mean very obviously beautiful girls) desire, wish, daydream, silently pray and believe that they are supposed to date/marry only rich guys!

So once they meet a rich guy, the job of wooing them is 70% done already, so remove that number. Others are correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by humilitypays(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
I can only relate with some...

Hopefully, when. the cash becomes Larger, I will know if Op is correct...

Till then.....

Hustling continues...
All he said are true except No. 5 and 8. Fine girls fall more easily for rich guys than for broke guys!

Beauty and the beast!
The bold (rich) & the beautiful!

Broke guys only get very beautiful girls by chance and luck. Maybe from school, NYSC, church and sometimes through online. Beautiful girls make themselves difficult to approach by broke guys! But fall easily for rich guys!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by tolzy90(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2016
On point
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Olutola88(m): 5:55pm On May 28, 2016
I really don't see any of these has challenges

Point 1: Girls that automatically see you as players are indecent by default. The things they have seen and done have made their orientation like that.

Whether you are rich or broke, a player will always be a player.

If you are rich and not a player, it'll take little time for a smart, reserved and patient lady to figure that out.

2. Point 2: Many don't feel you have a girlfriend because you are rich. It's a normal thing in Nigeria for a lady to tell you “ Don't tell me as you are like ds, u don't av a gal u are dating” “that is how all guys always claim dey don't av a gf, who are the gals dating den?”. Ladies say these to broke and rich dudes.

It's left for you to prove to her and let her see you truly don't av one

3. Point 3: If you are Smart and Experienced, you will know ladies that are after avarice in no time

4. Point 4: It's a general rule of life, once people know you av somtn, they tend to demand. It's not girlfriends only. Male friends, relatives, neighbours etc are also affected by this psychology.

Nevertheless, stingy rich dudes sometimes tend to spend less than generous broke dudes. Abi dis OP never jam better akagon?

5. Point 5: This point is totally out of it. Maybe u're misinterpreting wot “playing hard to get” means.

Are u telling me a lady will quickly say yes 2 a dude she can date cos he's broke and delay such positive response wen she sees a richer dude she can date? Hell NO!

I think it'll depend on individual and circumstance

6. Point 6: You are paranoid cos u are letting ur “small” money get into your head. Take if off ur head and tell ursef that u are like every other dude.

Nevertheless, be smart and observant and u'll trust ursef to be incisive enough to know the difference between Aisha Buhari and Patience Jonathan

7. Point 7: Are u saying it's only in buses, schools and banks u meet good gals? Come on stop that!

If no be say u sef na pervert, do u need to meet 10gals per week b4 u get a good gal?

8. Point 8 : oga, ds point na lie and I'll tell u y.

People claim that rich people are always exploited by traders cos they tend to hike prices of goods when they see their standard. What if I tell u that I know very wealthy people that av very strong bargaining power, they will even get that product cheaper than a broke dude will get. They will tell d trader that if u want me 2 b patronizing u and bringing more customers for u, u av to sell for me @ good prices. Guess wot? The strategy works like magic.

Another typical example is that of dudes that have cars, they spend less to impress ladies. Most times they wud have slept with a lady 3 times b4 the lady begins to task dem. And @ that point, they stop picking up her calls

9. Point 9: it's even wealth that shows ur true personality. That humility wey u dey form wen money no dey no be humility 4 me. We will put it to test wen u are really comfortable. Just be ursef and u'll see that people will see the real u

10. Point 10: What is ur definition of real love? With or without money, how many can u find around? Most people that marry dese days don't even marry cos that are in love.

I hope some “I never chop babes” will not begin 2 send messages to d author on woteva platform d article is posted cos he said he's a very comfortable dude working with a Multinational “Oyel” *winks* company.

@ Author, I like the way he advertised himself, no worry, ihm market go sell. #OneLove

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by pikin1(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2016
I'm not rich yet, but I can relate to all dis wink
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by LLVelly: 7:18pm On May 28, 2016
4&6 I concur
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 28, 2016
Following grin
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Kiish(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2016
wetin consine me with this post. i nor kuku get money. Abeg who fit borrow me 3 tomatoes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by ronald4lif(m): 11:34pm On May 28, 2016
As said by someone already, you got number 5 wrong. When you got the mula, babes don't dull and no leading you on. It's a quick fix and viola you hit it and move on to the next prey. Other points are sound and plausible.
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Maxi112: 11:35pm On May 28, 2016
nice one
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 28, 2016
ronald4lif:
As said by someone already, you got number 5 wrong. When you got the mula, babes don't dull and no leading you on. It's a quick fix and viola you hit it and move on to the next prey. Other points are sound and plausible.

Next prey? Jesus!!
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by ronald4lif(m): 11:55pm On May 28, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Next prey? Jesus!!

Before nko? Did they entomb my placenta on a single woman's minge? I can't be trussed by one genítalia, not when there are legion of sumptuous lass out there and without any nuptial commitment to any. grin
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Nobody: 6:24am On May 29, 2016
I'm not filthy rich but I can totally relate with numbers 1,8 and 9

So on point

1 Like

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Akposkool(m): 6:36am On May 29, 2016
That's life for you. You are rich, problem. You poor, problem.
Please join me celebrate am a year older today. Show a brother some love with your likes

3 Likes

Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Gerrard59(m): 7:06am On May 29, 2016
That was actually a Nairalander's topic.
https://www.nairaland.com/2430928/daily-pains-single-rich-guy

Nigerian blogs and plagiarism.
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by jashar(f): 7:09am On May 29, 2016
grin
Re: 10 Problems Only Rich And Single Guys Can Relate With by Blackfire(m): 7:23am On May 29, 2016
I took my FRENEMY advice:

if u ask me what i do for a living, i will say am a brick layer.

If u ask me for my phone, i will bring out Nokia touch(#1,500).

If u ask Me where i live, i will tell u am living in oje or beere in ibadan.

If u expect me to bring a car, i will enter ajimobi BRT.

If u check my wallet u can get more than 1k, but my 5 atm cards is hidden somewhere.

If the girl brag about countries she has been to, i tell her i am also a traveller who ve been to oje in ibadan, okpoko in onitsha, ajeegunle in lagos, rumu- rukewe that i know dosent exist in PH.

*when u want to marry as a man u will know there are no women on this planet... Woe betides u if u are comfortable*

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Lost My Virginity When I Was 6 Years / Hello Nairaland.........am New Here / Being Broke Doesn't Make You Less A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.