Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,493 members, 7,843,499 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today (1016 Views)

Reuben Abati Trolls Governor Rochas Okorocha On IG (photo) / Governor Rochas Okorocha's 55th Birthday Celebration In Pictures / Imo North Senatorial Election: Okorocha On A Wild Goose Chase – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today by Beremx(f): 6:35pm On May 28, 2016
IMO STATE GOVERNOR ON RADIO NIGERIA TODAY (EXCERPTS)

ON "CHINA ROADS "
"I was highly criticized for building China roads,I wished I could build China roads because the Chinese have the best roads in the world".

PENSION
"We paid pensions as at when due until our current economic challenges".

BAILOUT
"The bailout was for up to September 2015 but we paid up to December 2015"

SALARY PAYMENT
"We have paid salaries up to March 2016 but the delay is in working out the 70-30 sharing ratio in favour of labor".

"We have 40,000 people consuming our resources while our total population is about 5 million".

IMSU:

On ASSU STRIKE...

"I can not allow the students of IMSU to be paying school fees as demanded by ASSU.

There is no reason good enough for the lecturers to be on strike.

I inherited N1.2billion from the previous administrations of which N600Million has been paid.

We shall spread the balance accordingly with the funds available to us"

"For the 5 yrs I have been in office there was no strike. We paid 50% of the 1.2 billion owed them by previous government and asked them to be patient".

"Imo State University was receiving 67 million monthly subvention but I have been paying them 297 million Naira".

We have reached an understanding with ASUU, they will resume soon.

YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
"We gave Ohaji Egbema and Oguta youths 500 million for empowerment"

PROJECTS

My problem is that I don't commission projects. They are too many to be commissioned.

"We are building a new judicial headquarters called Oputa Court"

"We are building an Artisan City"

We are building 2 flyovers, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Akanu-Ibiam Flyover.

Imo Concorde Hotel is now one of the best hotels in Nigeria. We brought in Koreans that turned it into a 5-star hotel.

We have the best government house in Nigeria.

Right in front of government is a beautiful chapel we built.

"We have done well and Imo people are happy with us"

ON CORRUPTION
"Corruption is primitive accumulation of wealth"

"A criminal is a criminal and we should not look at them from where they come from"

ON PRESIDENT BUHARI

"President Buhari has started in the right direction. People wont acknowledge it until it shows in their pocket"

"Usually people don't applaud you when you are doing well, i am surprised by the applause i get".

ON MARKET RELOCATION...

"The Douglas road congestion and menace will soon be a thing of the past,we are prepared to relocate the markets to their new sites".

"The idea is to make the city centre attracting to investors...i am not going back on it".

EDUCATION

No one pays one naira tuition in Imo State owned schools.

We have removed the pains of fees from parents who sold their property to educate their children.

There is hardly any school we have not touched in Owerri capital city.

We have built 305 schools across the state in every ward. Over 6,500 class rooms.

We gave free lockers, uniforms, sandals to our pupils.

We built a finishing school for young graduates called Imo College of Advanced professional Studies,ICAPS.

HEALTH
"Imo has the best diagnostic centre in Nigeria, Ochiedike dialysis Centre it is, I named it after my late father who died of kidney disease"

We built 27 brand new hospitals in each local government area. We also built Oshiedike Medical Diagnostic Centre

ON HERDSMEN ATTACK...

"As far as the cattle is important to the Fulani herdsmen so also are the plants to the farmers.

The fact is that there are two categories of herdsmen,those who are here to cause insecurity and those who are in the business genuinely to provide meat.

It is disturbing... but we, in Imo are not affected because we have created an interface to prevent any occurrence to insecurity"

AGRICULTURE

I introduced Ikuola Nkwu a program to promote palm Plantation

ADAPALM now Imo Palm Plantation has been revived.

I introduced the fourth tier government to encourage agriculture at the community level.

We tasked every community to plant a hectare of land for palm.

Avutu Poultry has been revived but was struck by bird flu.

I have a program called Job Job Job. We are providing 10 million naira per community for agro-based industries.

ON THE ECONOMY...

"We must cut our coat according to our material not size.

That is the way to go in the new economic plan if we must make progress.

"What I think President Mohammadu Buhari is doing now is fixing the cracked foundation of Nigeria's economy.

It is time to fasten our seatbelts and not time to throw champagne.

I agree with you that the times are hard but it will not last for too long"

"I am in this job for the glory of it not for the profit it will bring"
Re: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today by Ofunaofu: 6:44pm On May 28, 2016
OK. but Ndi Imo are in the best position to say whether you have done well
Re: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today by idealsico(m): 6:48pm On May 28, 2016
We shall all be remembered by our works - be it good or bad, even long after we are gone. Sam Mbakwe - May your soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today by ujoatu(m): 6:57pm On May 28, 2016
Lalasticlala where you dey nah.
Re: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:36am On May 29, 2016
Beremx:
IMO STATE GOVERNOR ON RADIO NIGERIA TODAY (EXCERPTS)

ON "CHINA ROADS "
"I was highly criticized for building China roads,I wished I could build China roads because the Chinese have the best roads in the world".

[s]PENSION
"We paid pensions as at when due until our current economic challenges". [/s]

[s]BAILOUT
"The bailout was for up to September 2015 but we paid up to December 2015"[/s]

[s]SALARY PAYMENT
"We have paid salaries up to March 2016 but the delay is in working out the 70-30 sharing ratio in favour of labor". [/s]

[s]"We have 40,000 people consuming our resources while our total population is about 5 million". [/s]

IMSU:

On ASSU STRIKE...

"I can not allow the students of IMSU to be paying school fees as demanded by ASSU.

There is no reason good enough for the lecturers to be on strike.

I inherited N1.2billion from the previous administrations of which N600Million has been paid.

We shall spread the balance accordingly with the funds available to us"

"For the 5 yrs I have been in office there was no strike. We paid 50% of the 1.2 billion owed them by previous government and asked them to be patient".

"Imo State University was receiving 67 million monthly subvention but I have been paying them 297 million Naira".

We have reached an understanding with ASUU, they will resume soon.

YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
"We gave Ohaji Egbema and Oguta youths 500 million for empowerment"

PROJECTS

My problem is that I don't commission projects. They are too many to be commissioned.

"We are building a new judicial headquarters called Oputa Court"

"We are building an Artisan City"

We are building 2 flyovers, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Akanu-Ibiam Flyover.

Imo Concorde Hotel is now one of the best hotels in Nigeria. We brought in Koreans that turned it into a 5-star hotel.

[s]
We have the best government house in Nigeria.[/s]

Right in front of government is a beautiful chapel we built.

"[s]We have done well and Imo people are happy with us"[/s]

ON CORRUPTION
"Corruption is primitive accumulation of wealth"

"A criminal is a criminal and we should not look at them from where they come from"

ON PRESIDENT BUHARI

"President Buhari has started in the right direction. People wont acknowledge it until it shows in their pocket"

"Usually people don't applaud you when you are doing well, i am surprised by the applause i get".

ON MARKET RELOCATION...

"The Douglas road congestion and menace will soon be a thing of the past,we are prepared to relocate the markets to their new sites".

"The idea is to make the city centre attracting to investors...i am not going back on it".

EDUCATION

No one pays one naira tuition in Imo State owned schools.

We have removed the pains of fees from parents who sold their property to educate their children.

There is hardly any school we have not touched in Owerri capital city.

We have built 305 schools across the state in every ward. Over 6,500 class rooms.

[s]We gave free lockers, uniforms, sandals to our pupils.
[/s]
We built a finishing school for young graduates called Imo College of Advanced professional Studies,ICAPS.

HEALTH
"Imo has the best diagnostic centre in Nigeria, Ochiedike dialysis Centre it is, I named it after my late father who died of kidney disease"

We built 27 brand new hospitals in each local government area. We also built Oshiedike Medical Diagnostic Centre

ON HERDSMEN ATTACK...

"As far as the cattle is important to the Fulani herdsmen so also are the plants to the farmers.

The fact is that there are two categories of herdsmen,those who are here to cause insecurity and those who are in the business genuinely to provide meat.

It is disturbing... but we, in Imo are not affected because we have created an interface to prevent any occurrence to insecurity"

AGRICULTURE

I introduced Ikuola Nkwu a program to promote palm Plantation

ADAPALM now Imo Palm Plantation has been revived.

I introduced the fourth tier government to encourage agriculture at the community level.

We tasked every community to plant a hectare of land for palm.

Avutu Poultry[s] has been revived but was struck by bird flu.

[s]I have a program called Job Job Job. We are providing 10 million naira per community for agro-based industries.
[/s]

ON THE ECONOMY...

"We must cut our coat according to our material not size.

That is the way to go in the new economic plan if we must make progress.

"What I think President Mohammadu Buhari is doing now is fixing the cracked foundation of Nigeria's economy.

It is time to fasten our seatbelts and not time to throw champagne.

I agree with you that the times are hard but it will not last for too long"

"I am in this job for the glory of it not for the profit it will bring"

cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:40am On May 29, 2016
ujoatu:
Lalasticlala where you dey nah.

Not front page worthy Bro cool
Re: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today by Bishops10(m): 12:46am On May 29, 2016
Rochas is the Best Governor in Nigeria cheesy
Re: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha On Radio Nigeria Today by nzeobi(m): 12:50am On May 29, 2016
Rochas you said you have built general hospitals in each lGA.
Please I want to know where that of oru west is and to know if it's working.

(1) (Reply)

No Going Back On Electricity Tariff Hike — Fashola / Nigerians React To The News Buhari Canceled Ogoni Trip Over Assassination Threat / Billion Doller Ogoniland Clean-up And Restoration Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.