Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy (46275 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Christ Embassy Pastor In 4 Abortions Mess With Maid / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by kedunaija(m): 3:00pm On May 29, 2016
i know that pastor chris and pastor anita would defimetly reconcille back. its just going to take some time
http://nigeriantrends.com.ng/pastor-anita-oyakhilome-im-still-divorced-not-a-part-of-christ-embassy/
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 3:01pm On May 29, 2016
The anger of God is already on you for such blasphemy against His Holy Book. Do you think the Bible was written by your grand father?
The bible has been in existence before the inception of your generation.
A lot of draconian kings in the past tried to abrogate the Bible and they all had a taste of the wrath of God, and if you are not careful you will be a beneficiary of that same indignation
safarigirl:
God does not answer prayers filled with venom like yours

Go for Anger management classes, people like you are worse than Boko Haram, cursing at people as if you have any idea the true contents of the Bible.
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by thesicilian: 3:01pm On May 29, 2016
derecho:
Bros,no one says she's not pained or doesn't know her husband better than us.It would have been different case if wasn't representing Christ.
I hate to see those who claim to be born again behave the same way an unbeliever will behave.Just imagine if she was married to an unbeliever who flirts,so her solution would be divorce?

Thank you sir
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:
The anger of God is already on you for such blasphemy against His Holy Book. Do you think the Bible was written by your grand father?
A lot of draconian kings in the past tried to abrogate the Bible and they all had a taste of the wrath of God, and if you are not careful you will be a beneficiary of that same indignation

DUNCE !!!

Who compiled the bible ?? What bible did the the early christians use since there was no bible at the time only the old testament scripture ? What makes you think there was no political motivation for leaving out many books while including others in your inerrant bible ?. Have you done your own research or are you just a typical Nigerian Pastor worshipping ZOMBIE ?
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 3:10pm On May 29, 2016
What is this lunatic saying?
Was the Bible pioneered and compiled by your psychiatric and half-footed parents?
frosbel2:

DUNCE !!!

Who compiled the bible ?? What bible did the the early christians use since there was no bible at the time only the old testament scripture ? What makes you think there was no political motivation for leaving out many books while including others in your inerrant bible ?. Have you done your own research or are you just a typical Nigerian Pastor worshipping ZOMBIE ?

2 Likes

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by thesicilian: 3:12pm On May 29, 2016
omonnakoda:
Many people do not believe in the bible among them are atheists but there are others among them Muslims Hindus Buddhists and so on. In fact the vast majority of Human beings do not believe in the bible. The bible after all does not tell them anything that is relevant to their own story.It is the story of the Hebrew people.There are many other people with many other very fascinating stories

.Anyway again the logic that somehow naming a person somehow resolves the issue is absurd.
i.e "You are an atheist case closed" in fact it is childish
The other tactic is to shift the debate to the person. Forget about me and what I believe and either answer the issues or admit you are flummoxed

No, actually my query this time around is quite logical. There is a saying that he who must come to equity must come with clean hands. If you do not even understand or even believe in Christian ethics and principles what moral grounds do you have to question Christian behaviour?

In Summary, all I'm saying is place your cards on the table and we'll talk. In short, I'm ready to create a whole new thread to debate the issue
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:
Was the Bible pioneered and compiled by your psychiatric and half-footed parents?

It appears you may have suffered from some recent misfortune or been a victim of Buhari's economic policies , in other words suffering from misplaced aggression .... grin

Now, the bible was compiled by MEN not GOD , MEN decided what went in and what did not go in. Men being naturally infallible are prone to make mistakes and hence not a few errors and outright lies were included in the bible , though we can argue that most scripture is in alignment with truth.

Blindly following an ideology without application of logic and reasoning is what makes one a ZOMBIE.

Repent !!!
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by safarigirl(f): 3:14pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:
lol....cool story bro.

People like you end up committing suicide anyway
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by derecho(m): 3:19pm On May 29, 2016
Mature...and apt
thesicilian:

No, actually my query this time around is quite logical. There is a saying that he who must come to equity must come with clean hands. If you do not even understand or even believe in Christian ethics and principles what moral grounds do you have to question Christian behaviour?

In Summary, all I'm saying is place your cards on the table and we'll talk. In short, I'm ready to create a whole new thread to debate the issue

1 Like

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 3:20pm On May 29, 2016
Your blasphemies against God already equated you as a candidate of death
safarigirl:
lol....cool story bro.

People like you end up committing suicide anyway
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by eplanning: 3:25pm On May 29, 2016
Who your divorce status epp?

The last time I checked, the church is not feeling your absense.

The race continues until Christ appears then you can go and flaunt your status before him.

Mtchew... Useless topic. Crooked mederators.

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 3:25pm On May 29, 2016
The Bible was written by specially ordained Holy men of God through Gods' inspiration . They were specially chosen by God him self. Just the same way God chosed Mary to be the earthly mother of Christ.
God can never make mistake.quote author=frosbel2 post=46082436]

It appears you may have suffered from some recent misfortune or been a victim of Buhari's economic policies , in other words suffering from misplaced aggression .... grin

Now, the bible was compiled by MEN not GOD , MEN decided what went in and what did not go in. Men being naturally infallible are prone to make mistakes and hence not a few errors and outright lies were included in the bible , though we can argue that most scripture is in alignment with truth.

Blindly following an ideology without application of logic and reasoning is what makes one a ZOMBIE.

Repent !!![/quote]
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 3:26pm On May 29, 2016
The Bible was written by specially ordained Holy men of God through Gods' inspiration . They were specially chosen by God him self. Just the same way God chosed Mary to be the earthly mother of Christ.
God can never make mistake. embarassed
frosbel2:

Repent !!!
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by omonnakoda: 3:27pm On May 29, 2016
thesicilian:

Where have I questioned Christian behaviour? You are going off completely at a tangent. We are talking about Men of God so get back to the topic.I asked for a definition and you came up with some issues which need further clarification now you are talking about equity and clean hands.You are misusing that maxim which is a legal maxim with a very narrow meaning but often misused by many Nigerians. No one is coming to equity here. Rather you are being asked to clarify your ridiculous assertions and rather than admit that your assertions are empty you try every gimmick to somehow personalize it and make it about me. I am not playing that game.Return to the subject matter. Is it your position that Men of God are an idiosyncratic phenomenon comprehensible only to you and your "Christian" travellers with no objectivity or relevance to other non "Christian" apologists and applicable strictly to the Christian "God" .If that is the case then we can consider the discussion closed.Otherwise you will need to put up a lot more rational argument than your ridiculous attempts at ad hominem somehow trying to make this about me and what I believe
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by omonnakoda: 3:31pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:
God can never make mistake. embarassed
There is a bit of circularity here. how doo you know God chose Mary ? The Bible says so. Who wrote the Bible

specially ordained Holy men of God through Gods' inspiration

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

Does the bible make this claim?
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by omonnakoda: 3:34pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:
Are these words inspired by the same spirit that inspired the bible?
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 3:34pm On May 29, 2016
Yes is emphatically written in the Bible
omonnakoda:
There is a bit of circularity here. how doo you know God chose Mary ? The Bible says so. Who wrote the Bible

specially ordained Holy men of God through Gods' inspiration

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

Does the bible make this claim?
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by omonnakoda: 3:35pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:
Yes is emphatically written in the Bible
Very Nice. This will be very interesting.

Please tell me where it makes this claim?
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Chommieblaq(f): 3:38pm On May 29, 2016
derecho:
My sister,don't conclude that way.Let me ask you,Do you think in all her years of being a pastor,she hasnr counselled couples or atleast women facing such?What do you think she would have told them?Divorce and not forgive because of infidelity?Would she have even suggested divorce for unbelievers?What about the Love and Forgiveness she preached?A Child of God isn't the same and wont react to situations the way an unbeliever would.
Yes,she may decide to take the easy way out,but she shouldn't forget that IF WE DO NOT FORGIVE MEN THEIR TRESPASSES,OUR HEAVENLY FATHER WILL NOT FORGIVE US.

Ma dear I get u, buh most people that divorce cos of adultery, don't just divorce at the first case of it, maybe her patience has reached its elastic limit, her forgiveness has been over used.

One time about such thing is that at a point the love will be lost, they will just be tolerating each other and at some point u will get tired of tolerating. It was her marriage, so she knows if she can take it or not, Ma point is let's not be quick to condemn her, we ain't in her shoes.

Come to think of it, for a lady that stayed in a marriage that produce how many grown kids to decide to call it quit. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 3:38pm On May 29, 2016
Check the book of 2peter 1:21
omonnakoda:

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by derecho(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2016
safarigirl:
bros, the bible changed.

Christians just refuse to acknowledge there was a change. I'm sure you will find disparities in the words of the old testament and new testament. There's probably more records of the Bible the Catholic church doesn't trust the rest of the Christian body with.

There's no disparity...I use to think so as kid.But when I started studying myself,I understood better.The Old testament was a shadow of what Jesus came to illuminate.The Pharisees read the bible like literature students that was why they had issues with Jesus.
My Sister bible no be novel.Pharisee /Barrister Saul(Later Paul)soon realized this.
The letter killeth but the Spirit giveth life.

1 Like

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 3:42pm On May 29, 2016
You can also check 2Timo 3:16 for more clarification
omonnakoda:

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by omonnakoda: 3:51pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:
Check the book of 2peter 1:21
Please supply the quote it is your claim and I want you to bear in mind that there are others following this.

I will ask you the following was there a bible when Jesus was alive? Because as far as I know there was not or at least not a bible containing this book of Peter that you refer to.

There are 27 different books in the New Testament which presumably were written by different people.

Do you know who it was that took a decision to bring those 27 books into ONE VOLUME
Do you know when this decision was made
Do you know where
Do you know who wrote the second Book of Peter? FIND OUT!!

Now logically this decision must have been made after "Peter" wrote what you allude to

Did these 27 books of the New Testament exist in one volume during the lifetime of the author of these words you are referring to in this Peter book. The point is what was the author referring to ? His own Book? The other 26 books of the New Testament or The entire 66 books of the Christian Bible?
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by derecho(m): 3:55pm On May 29, 2016
My sister Forgiveness is a Command,for those interested in going to heaven.Our Forgivess should not have limit.Remember,the 70*7 times?No man or woman can serve God acceptably without Grace.
There are people with worse situations yet they came out better.
If we faint in the days of adversity,our strength is small.
Do you know God will never allow a temptation greater than us come our way?However,we may choose to fail God.Check 1 Cor.10:13.
Chommieblaq:

Ma dear I get u, buh most people that divorce cos of adultery, don't just divorce at the first case of it, maybe her patience has reached its elastic limit, her forgiveness has been over used.

One time about such thing is that at a point the love will be lost, they will just be tolerating each other and at some point u will get tired of tolerating. It was her marriage, so she knows if she can take it or not, Ma point is let's not be quick to condemn her, we ain't in her shoes.

Come to think of it, for a lady that stayed in a marriage that produce how many grown kids to decide to call it quit. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by ojuu4u(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2016
Stevosty:
Hear what is coming out from the mouth of a pastor, a PASTOR. It will be a shame on both of them and an embarrassment to christianity if they dont come back together.

d u want her to tell lies?
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 4:07pm On May 29, 2016
2 Peter 1:21King James Version (KJV)

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Further scriptures says similar

2 Timothy 3:16King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I strongly hope the above quotations illuminates your understanding.

The old testament was regarded as 'THE LAW' during the time of jesus and that was the Bible in existence then.
After the death and resurrection of Christ, then New Testament came into limelight starting with the genealogy of Christ in Matt chapter 1. The New testament was written partly by chosen disciples of Christ and those that came after His demise e.g apostle paul who wrote more than half of the new testament. And he too was specially chosen by Christ

[quote author=omonnakoda post=46083482]
Please supply the quote it is your claim and I want you to bear in mind that there are others following this.

I will ask you the following was there a bible when Jesus was alive? Because as far as I know there was not or at least not a bible containing this book of Peter that you refer to.

There are 27 different books in the New Testament which presumably were written by different people.

Do you know who it was that took a decision to bring those 27 books into ONE VOLUME
Do you know where

Now logically this decision must have been made after "Peter" wrote what you allude to

Did these 27 books of the New Testament exist in one volume during the lifetime of the author of these words you are referring to in this Peter book. The point is what was the author referring to ? His own Book? The other 26 books of the

1 Like

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 4:09pm On May 29, 2016

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The old testament was regarded as 'THE LAW' during the time of Jesus and that was the Bible in existence then.
After the death and resurrection of Christ, then New Testament came into limelight starting with the genealogy of Christ in Matt chapter 1. The New testament was written partly by chosen disciples of Christ and those that came after His demise e.g apostle paul who wrote more than half of the new testament. And he too was specially chosen by Christ
omonnakoda:

Do you know where

Did these 27 books of the New Testament exist in one volume during the lifetime of the author of these words you are referring to in this Peter book. The point is what was the author referring to ? His own Book? The other 26 books of the New Testament or The entire 66 books of the Christian Bible?

1 Like

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by omonnakoda: 4:12pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:

The old testament was regarded as 'THE LAW' during the time of jesus and that was the Bible in existence then.
After the death and resurrection of Christ, then New Testament came into limelight starting with the geniology of Christ in Matt chapter 1. The New testament was written partly by chosen disciples of Christ and those that came after His demise e.g apostle paul who wrote more than half of the new testament. And he too was specially chosen by Christ

You did not answer my questions please I beg you go back and read them and please supply answers.

If a person say all scripture is inspired by God let us accept that for argument sake. But what is "scripture"

Who was it that decided that the books of the new testament are "scripture"

When did this happen and where. Yo cannot claim all the 27 books are "scripture" without answering that fundamental question also did these authors actually claim their own words too were "scripture"?

We are told Jesus read from scripture

So there must have been a decision made to expand "scripture" that decision is what we need to examine here
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by omonnakoda: 4:19pm On May 29, 2016
The fact of the matter is after Jesus died several people at different times wrote several books and at no time during the lifetime of these authors did all these books occupy a volume known as a New testament . They did not command any one to treat their work as "scripture" any more than a letter written by pastor Chris is to be treated as "scripture"
Long after these men had died another set of men decided to Cannonize these scrolls as "scripture"

Who were these people and who gave them that mandate.
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by Xbox222: 4:27pm On May 29, 2016
scriptures, from the Latin scriptura, meaning "a writing" ) are the texts which various religious traditions consider to be sacred, or central to their religious tradition.
The scriptures were written by different human instruments in the hand of God at different times and locations, such locations as Greek, philipi, colose Rome etc.
All Bible texts are scripture because they are no words of Mere mortals but of God and as such sacred; reason being that they were not authored by human fabrications. The Bible is infallible and valid as such not subject to human scrutiny and evaluation
omonnakoda:

You did not answer my questions please I beg you go back and read them and please supply answers.

If a person say all scripture is inspired by God let us accept that for argument sake. But what is "scripture"

Who was it that decided that the books of the new testament are "scripture"

When did this happen and where. Yo cannot claim all the 27 books are "scripture" without answering that fundamental question also did these authors actually claim their own words too were "scripture"?

We are told Jesus read from scripture

So there must have been a decision made to expand "scripture" that decision is what we need to examine here
Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by derecho(m): 4:27pm On May 29, 2016
I kno sabi wetin cause dem divorce but assuming itz infidelity.Do you think Divorce is the only way out?Secondly,how has she helped her husband by this action?Can she claim she is anyway different from ladies who never read the bible, whose inspiration is what is read online or Nairaland Romance Section?A Christian's Mirror is the Word of God not what the world thinks.We live for Christ and not ourselves.
buksaylor001:

Understand the statement-Any MAN that Jerry curls(even from Belle),Bleaches,Wears all those jewelries has a problem.

It's not the rapist that invites the police,it's the rapee-.The man might have bent on hiding and sweeping the crime whatsoever under the carpet because of social status,and the woman said no.Common don't you know that most of the marriages of these so called men of God are very violent,disastrous and worse than the unbelievers' own.They tend and continue to sweep it under the carpet because of social status.I really don't want to call names that you already know-it's Sunday !In UK about a week ago a Nigerian pastor was disgraced by the congregation in the church during service and do you know why?

1 Like

Re: Anita Ebhodaghe: I’m Still Divorced, Not A Part Of Christ Embassy by omonnakoda: 4:30pm On May 29, 2016
Xbox222:
scriptures, from the Latin scriptura, meaning "a writing" ) are the texts which various religious traditions consider to be sacred, or central to their religious tradition.
The scriptures were written by different human instruments in the hand of God at different times and locations, such locations as Greek, philipi, colose Rome etc.
All Bible texts are scripture because they are no words of Mere mortals but of God and as such sacred; reason being that they were not authored by human fabrications. The Bible is infallible and valid as such not subject to human scrutiny and evaluation
How do we know they are the word of God. The Quran too makes the same claim why should I believe any of them? They are just claims made by men. God has never come to confirm any of this.

My question remains unanswered Who was it that authorized or sanctioned the 27 books of the New Testament as scripture and when
DO YOU KNOW? yes or no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Youths Beat Fake Pastor In Cross River, Burn His Church (Photos) / 85-year-old Reverend Iloh Remarries 74-year-old Wife (photo) / Pastor Adeboye Under-fire For 3km Auditorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.