Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. (12646 Views)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Segadem(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tete7000(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2016
The punishment are often consequences of sin. Sinful habits are often inherent in the family and attitudes of sin often perpetuates through family line and thus the consequences that come with such habits. This is why it always seem children are punished for parents sins. The bible itself recognises that every man will get punished for their sin. If people repent and follow God, they are forgiven and spared punishment that comes with sin.

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by addictedwriter(m): 12:33pm On May 29, 2016
Do good unto all men...and u shall reap ur rewards in good season....Do the opposite and watch karma fight back like a woman scorned....
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by missingrib(f): 12:34pm On May 29, 2016
we are what will make oursef to be...Tank God for new testament
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 29, 2016
Spots on @ op!..this is my major problem with bible/quran! Arrant travesty of justice/hypocrisy!

2 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by glossy6(f): 12:35pm On May 29, 2016
...this applies to those who hate God. Pick your bible and read through again. He is a just God
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tdayof(m): 12:37pm On May 29, 2016
Deuteronomy 24:16 says “Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin” and that “The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself” (Ez 18:20). We do know that “as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive” (1 Cor 15:22). The same “all” that die in Adam and from the original sin nature that we have all inherited, the same “all” can “be made alive” by repentance and faith.

3 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tdayof(m): 12:39pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:
What one sow, one shall reap and everyone shall be accountable for what he or she does ?

The concept of the sin of the father shall be visited on his sons and generation seems like an unjust judgement...

Why must the punishment for the evil sins of a father who killed, looted, commited adultery and so on, be melted on an innocent child who has no control over the family he enters into and has not commited any sin ?

Why shld the doer not be punished for his offence ? There are scenarios in the word where even after the father sins and he is forgiven, punishment will still be pronounced on the unborn children even up to the 4th generation ?

I thought we are wonderfully and beautifully made ,why make some innocent child the scapegoat of an ancestral curse ?

Essentially what God is saying, is that the sins of the fathers are being passed down to the children. Children learn by example of the parents and so if a father is abusive then there is a greater chance the sons will be abusive as well. Ezekiel also says that if any one considers and turns from their evil ways God will forgive them of their past sins.

The phrase, God visits the iniquity of the fathers upon the children even to the third and forth generation is for those who hate Him and chose to worship other gods. Ezekiel makes it clear that if the son doesn't follow in the fathers sins he will not suffer the fathers fate. God is a Just God.

3 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 29, 2016
And God decided to punish the children of Ahab for his sins...

It was the culture of the Jews and nothing more.

Every culture in the world had religious backing for keeping their people in moral check. The Hindus accepted the doctrine of Karma and Reincarnation as an ultimate principle. This was the case ancient Jews. Just as Amadioha or Sango would(as believed) strike you down when you go against the morals of the culture, so they believed until...

The jewish religion became the new moral standard for our people here. And we all embraced it as Divine. But I see no difference.

Africans lack belief in their traditional religion because it wasn't passed down through writings.

There is no proof or evidence that reveals any connection between a deity and man. Except it was believed, and indoctrinated. Neither can there be such a thing as sin.

2 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by naijabetboy: 12:41pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:
What one sow, one shall reap and everyone shall be accountable for what he or she does ?

The concept of the sin of the father shall be visited on his sons and generation seems like an unjust judgement...

Why must the punishment for the evil sins of a father who killed, looted, commited adultery and so on, be melted on an innocent child who has no control over the family he enters into and has not commited any sin ?

Why shld the doer not be punished for his offence ? There are scenarios in the word where even after the father sins and he is forgiven, punishment will still be pronounced on the unborn children even up to the 4th generation ?

I thought we are wonderfully and beautifully made ,why make some innocent child the scapegoat of an ancestral curse ?

Because the sins of the father doesn't just affect the generation he commits it against... It always have a ripple effect to the next and the next and so on generations

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tdayof(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2016
austin2all:
THIS AND MANY MORE ARE THE REASONS GOD DOESNT EXIST.
AND SOMEONE WILL COME OUT OF THE WOODS TO PREACH THAT THE WAYS OF GOD ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE WAYS OF MAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2RD4vTuPN0

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 29, 2016
glossy6:
...this applies to those who hate God. Pick your bible and read through again. He is a just God

did david hate God. He waas a man after God owns heart..yet his sins showed on his sons and innocent children and that the sword will never depart from his family... Did he hate God ?
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 29, 2016
naijabetboy:

Because the sins of the father doesn't just affect the generation he commits it against... It always have a ripple effect to the next and the next and so on generations

my question is why is this so ? Even a law court will not say because a father killed someone and escaped, his own child will be killed ......

Why shld this be ?

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 29, 2016
kirchofff:
Hmmm, but, do u also know that if one's dad doesn't hustle hard or is poor can make d generation next 2 generation poor too It's kinda true tho........one's ancestor's single act can ruin d next 4 generations

My grandpa had nothing but a small piece of land he uses for cultivation, my dad is now richer than him, I'm in my late twenties and I'm almost as rich as my dad. So tell me how ur theory is right

2 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by felixawe(m): 12:50pm On May 29, 2016
IF A MAN DOES FOLLOW D WICKED WAYS OF HIS FATHER , THE PUNISHMENT OF HIS FATHER WILL BE METED UPON HIM, IF HE REPENT , D LORD WILL HAVE MERCY AND FORGIVE HIS TRANSGRESSION. THE LORD DOESNT PUNISH A RIGHTEOUS,OBIDIENT CHILD.
READ EZEKIEL 18 3-24.
33 11-20
36 22-21.
37 21-24.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by saintneo2: 12:52pm On May 29, 2016
It's a tough world.

Somethings are beyond our comprehension; thus, I surrender to God so as to provide with a shield against things I do know nor understand.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by kirchofff(m): 12:52pm On May 29, 2016
Jadonjack:

My grandpa had nothing but a small piece of land he uses for cultivation, my dad is now richer than him, I'm in my late twenties and I'm almost as rich as my dad. So tell me how ur theory is right
.....even me I disagree wit dat theory, but at times it's easy to be rich wen one's ancestors are rich...........hope u dig
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tosinjay(m): 12:53pm On May 29, 2016
It's important to note that we're in a different era/covenant with God now than when those were.
The word also says God does not want the sinner to perish but to come to repentance, a curse on someone actually work against God's redemptive plan for that person so love supersede in present era that Christ brought. However there's still an atom of it but if the generations after are faithful to God and saved such curses are averted.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Blakenails(m): 12:58pm On May 29, 2016
austin2all:
AND SOMEONE WILL COME OUT OF THE WOODS TO PREACH THAT THE WAYS OF GOD ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE WAYS OF MAN.
Unfortunately am inclined not to say anything to this..
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tosinjay(m): 12:59pm On May 29, 2016
worksmart:
mods why front page for this thread?
Yes why front page for this thread? It's very clear it's a corny way to instigate an atheist thing toward God
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Safemode(m): 1:08pm On May 29, 2016
raypepe:
I am a strong believer of pre-determinism. Most of the things we are going through were determined by those before us
I v been ignoring the atheists since morning but your weed is stronger. What's the meaning of pre-determinism?
Who's responsible?
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Omojolaray(m): 1:08pm On May 29, 2016
As Christians we have to be Christ like and not religious we are not under the dispensation of the law but under the truth which is the dispensation of faith through is grace. Now back to the issue of father sin don't be deceived that is way way in the old testament in the new testament the bible teaches us that whosoever is in Christ is a new creature old things are passed away. So thank you the sins of my great grand father's are way behind me cause I'm of heavenly body.... Please don't be deceived stop asking questions cause Derz little answers. The answers to this life is in the Bible.....
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by naijabetboy: 1:11pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:

my question is why is this so ? Even a law court will not say because a father killed someone and escaped, his own child will be killed ......

Why shld this be ?

The truth is, in real life, these theory doesn't exactly seem to play out. Logically, we've seen people who have not just sinned against God but humanity and there generations after do very well. Take the Abacha family as an example. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

In my own opinion and little I have seen in this life. This rule mostly play out when the sin is spiritual or had a spiritual consequence. For example, the fact that a guy played a lot of girls will definitely not mean his daughters or grand daughters will not have a good marriage... But in a case a curse is laid on him as a result of these acts, it's very much possible that generations that come after him will share in his burden. This is something I have seen. The curse can be seen as a spiritual consequence of his acts. Also, for someone who spiritually manipulates the success of someone else, this is a spiritual act, this act will definitely affect not just the victim his children to some extent. By the rule of an eye for an eye, when Karma cries, generations after him may also get from the punishment. Hence in my own opinion, I think this applies to sins that are spiritual or of spiritual Consequences.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying this is the perfect explanation, but this is what I think and from what I've seen and heard. And please, this explanation is not for our brothers or sisters who don't believe in God, not to talk of "spiritism" or spiritualism.

Thanka
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Teeneyo(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2016
fbtowner:

I will continue to say it's only a man that can't handle his freedom that needs religion
can u please explain this line for me.Thank you in advance.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Dom2020: 1:32pm On May 29, 2016
None of my children will inherit what d know nothing about, my sins and that of their mother will be on our heads d parents, when a man commit crime, he's expected to pay for it. our children cannot pay for our crime

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Smartsyn(m): 1:33pm On May 29, 2016
We seems to complain when its the sins of the fathers, how about the spoils of the father.

Fathers leave inheritance for their children, it can either be good inheritance or bad. If they don't reject the good things, they should also not complain about the bad..

Some children won't return the loots of their fathers but will try to exempt themselves from the punishment that follow suit. If you want to argue that you're not the perpetrator of the crime, you should not enjoy its spoils too.

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:

say something meaningfui
God av his own way of doing tins n his way is totally different from ours.... D law seen unfair to us but If u look into it u will understand y its so, HE IS GOD WHO ARE WE TO QUESTION HIM
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:

Why shld this be ?

Simple!! Because the concept of god is phony

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Goshen360(m): 1:38pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:

There's absolutely nothing like this doctrine in the new covenant. You are bringing the old to explain the new covenant, it doesn't work. In the new covenant, the same God said, their sins and iniquities I will remember no more. So, how is someone going to be punished for a sin or iniquity that's not even remember?
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by olorunda68: 1:38pm On May 29, 2016
the puzzle can be linked to reincarnation, people having multiple earth lifetimes!
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 29, 2016
austin2all:
[b God do exist my dear he is forever alive, he is God and he shows mercy to whom ever he want to show mercy n condemned who ever he wants to condem, d bible says '' if we say there is No God we are most foolish... b wise]
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tochivitus(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2016
it started when they were about to crucify our Lord Jesus Christ and pontus pilate after asking Jesus some questions and and followed by the pilate wife had about Jesus where she was warned to tell her husband not to participate in the crucifixion of Christ.. and pontus pilate washed his hands in a bowl and said I washed my hands off this man's blood and the crowd shouted let his blood be on our head and on our grand children,. and since then it has been so.. but the bible said that two can work only when they agree. and that there is no connection with darkness and light and Jesus made us to understand that we are the of the world...
assignment
pray daily that God break every connection between the since of your four father and every agreement and sin they might have committed should never locate you.
Happy Sunday pals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youtube Spiritual Teaching--herbs & Mystics (solutions To Life Issues) / Michael Jackson's Brother Runs To Tb Joshua / Are You Serving God To Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.