Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. (12645 Views)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by donem: 7:49pm On May 29, 2016
emerged01:

The clause is only when you are on the side of God.
But what about those who are Atheists? Though I ain't one.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by EazyMoh(m): 8:11pm On May 29, 2016
tete7000:

Then you no longer practise Islam but Chrislam. As a muslim you said you have an 'updated' version of 'words of God' but yet you won't stop consulting the 'outdated version'. Is the 'updated version' not suppose to have corrected your supposed confusion? Doesn't it sound to youfrom logic that you might really be the confused one here? You claim you have a gold yet you won't leave alone one you think has a brass. Which one is more valuable? Gold or brass? So why don't you just be contented with you gold?
It doesnt interest me whether you believe in bible or not and as far as I am concerned I don't see Quran as containing words of God. Can you see we hold divergent view now? - The reason why I told you I am not interested in arguments that lead no where and do no one any good.

Thanks.

No am not practicing any "Chrislam" but the true Islam. It's obvious you don't know anything about Islam but that's not the point.
Am only required to believe in Jesus and that he was given a scripture called Injeel in other words The Holy Bible. Same with Moses and Torah, Daud (David) Zabur and so on.
The bible was corrupted over time by omission and addition which is why the Quran (the update) was sent by the same God. So anywhere the Bible agrees with Quran it's the correct part of the True Injeel, where it contradicts is the corruption I mentioned.
Because I have gold doesn't mean bronze is valueless.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tunnyl(m): 8:53pm On May 29, 2016
When you look at it this way. Everything a child does, he inherited from its parents, be it positive or negative
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by murphybo(m): 9:04pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:
What one sow, one shall reap and everyone shall be accountable for what he or she does ?

The concept of the sin of the father shall be visited on his sons and generation seems like an unjust judgement...

Why must the punishment for the evil sins of a father who killed, looted, commited adultery and so on, be melted on an innocent child who has no control over the family he enters into and has not commited any sin ?

Why shld the doer not be punished for his offence ? There are scenarios in the word where even after the father sins and he is forgiven, punishment will still be pronounced on the unborn children even up to the 4th generation ?

I thought we are wonderfully and beautifully made ,why make some innocent child the scapegoat of an ancestral curse ?

Why won't it be so? Its only the good deeds we want to share but the other side no. Why are you so much to inherit your fathers wealth? Which can as well make your next 3 generations rich. Most especially in Nigeria today's politics its only rotating in the same cycle because of what the leaders have done b4. In Ekiti state for example former Governor Adebayo was a son to a former Governor south west region, Tinubu a former senator her daughter step in the same shoe, and am very sure some of their next generations will still benefit from the legazy he has laid but because it is a POSITIVE LEGACY we did not see it as a bad thing so if he has done bad so the bad deed will follow the family name anywhere they go. In most cases if you enter someplaces just say am a son or daughter to mr so so so and so, maximum respect will be acknolegde to you and you will be so proud of your dad or mum. But if he has done wrong definately you will dance to the tunes... More reason to always be of good conduct to protect your upcoming innocent generations. Yoruba proverb will say "oruko rere dara ju wura ati fadaka" good name is better than gold and silver. Protect yours, protect your next generations, make good names and fortune for them as you could.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tete7000(m): 9:33pm On May 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

No am not practicing any "Chrislam" but the true Islam. It's obvious you don't know anything about Islam but that's not the point.
Am only required to believe in Jesus and that he was given a scripture called Injeel in other words The Holy Bible. Same with Moses and Torah, Daud (David) Zabur and so on.
The bible was corrupted over time by omission and addition which is why the Quran (the update) was sent by the same God. So anywhere the Bible agrees with Quran it's the correct part of the True Injeel, where it contradicts is the corruption I mentioned.
Because I have gold doesn't mean bronze is valueless.

I must confess you really impress me with your calm spirit. You really are willing to engage in a dialogue devoid of abuse and insult. Like I have already highlighted however I have taken my stand, have what I believe without wavering and have my reservation about other faiths. It won't benefit either of us to continue this exchange. Do have a sweet night rest.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by EazyMoh(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2016
tete7000:

I must confess you really impress me with your calm spirit. You really are willing to engage in a dialogue devoid of abuse and insult. Like I have already highlighted however I have taken my stand, have what I believe without wavering and have my reservation about other faiths. It won't benefit either of us to continue this exchange. Do have a sweet night rest.
OK dear it's nice engaging you. Nevertheless I believe we both have learnt a thing or two.
Good night.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Laid2001: 10:17pm On May 29, 2016
No bearer of burden shall bear the burden of others.

If you do good, you shall be rewarded with good and if you do evil, you will be rewarded as such.

And he who does an atom weight of good shall be rewarded with good for it, and he who does an atom weight of evil shall be recompensed likewise for it.

these are the foundations of the muslim believes about sin. The sin of the father is not visited on the son!

it is arrant nonsense. God is a just God and will not do something so wicked. If the son takes after his wicked father and commits evil, he will only be recompensed for the evil he commits not that of his father. In fact his father will get evil recorded for him for teaching the son such evil.!
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Lease(m): 10:47pm On May 29, 2016
Please stop misquoting God. He never said that. Go and read Ezekiel 18 very well. That statement was an adage among the jews and God made it clear that he was never part of it. It never came from him. He said it is the soul that sinned that will die.

Billiondoe:
No sinner would go unpunished. When a father commits murder and dies without punishment here on earth, do you think the family of the deceased won't curse him and his family. By committing murder, that's a curse already from God. God said he would bestow the Sins of a father on Children from the First Generation to the Fifth. My father taught me to ask for the forgiveness of sins our parents and fore fathers could have committed so that God would not take it out on us and vice versa.

Let's take our time to read the Book of Jobs in the Old Testament. Job always made atonement for the sins of his household with sin or without sin. Also the books of Kings is a good pointer. Whenever a new King in Israel decides to go astray and not worship the God of his fathers, The Holy One of Israel, King of Kingd and Lord of Lords, the city is attacked, plundered, ravaged, destroyed and the inhabitants are taken captives until they turn back to the true God who delivered them from the hands of Pharaoh in Egypt.

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by GoodMuyis(m): 11:40pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:
What one sow, one shall reap and everyone shall be accountable for what he or she does ?

The concept of the sin of the father shall be visited on his sons and generation seems like an unjust judgement...

Why must the punishment for the evil sins of a father who killed, looted, commited adultery and so on, be melted on an innocent child who has no control over the family he enters into and has not commited any sin ?

Why shld the doer not be punished for his offence ? There are scenarios in the word where even after the father sins and he is forgiven, punishment will still be pronounced on the unborn children even up to the 4th generation ?

I thought we are wonderfully and beautifully made ,why make some innocent child the scapegoat of an ancestral curse ?

Example assuming Presidnet who is a Looter; stole the country's wealth and keep for his children, now ONLY then are enjoying what belong to the country, will it not be good if they are punished for theft?

There is exception to repentance you know that?
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by abbie4eva(m): 1:39am On May 30, 2016
Mom007:
Op you misquoted the scriptures o. It says he will visit sins of the Father upon the children IN THE CASE OF THOSE WHO HATE HIM. Read the scriptures to the end not just in bits.
So the children are punished if they follow the sins of the father, buh if they pursue a different course, a righteous one, they are spared.

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by riczy(m): 7:02am On May 30, 2016
kirchofff:
Hmmm, but, do u also know that if one's dad doesn't hustle hard or is poor can make d generation next 2 generation poor too It's kinda true tho........one's ancestor's single act can ruin d next 4 generations
based on wat,imagine DT unfounded argument getting likes
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by kirchofff(m): 9:47am On May 30, 2016
riczy:
based on wat,imagine DT unfounded argument getting likes
at times it could be name or personality........if one's dad was once a very notorious terrorist or armed robber........something like dat, but I don't mean ur background will always put u to d ground....but, it could....ya dig?
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Kobojunkie: 6:01am On Feb 24, 2023
■What one sow, one shall reap and everyone shall be accountable for what he or she does ? The concept of the sin of the father shall be visited on his sons and generation seems like an unjust judgement... Why must the punishment for the evil sins of a father who killed, looted, commited adultery and so on, be melted on an innocent child who has no control over the family he enters into and has not commited any sin ?Why shld the doer not be punished for his offence ? There are scenarios in the word where even after the father sins and he is forgiven, punishment will still be pronounced on the unborn children even up to the 4th generation ?
■ I thought we are wonderfully and beautifully made ,
■ why make some innocent child the scapegoat of an ancestral curse ?
1. That was God's law as initially indicated in the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

2. You thought wrong! That verse that you quote applies, not to all men, but to those indicated in the context from which you pulled that verse out. undecided

3. The only one who makes you a scapegoat is you by believing that that which does not pertain to you impacts you in some way or form. undecided
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Kobojunkie: 6:06am On Feb 24, 2023
fbtowner:
■ following religion there are so many mysteries one can't just understand. I think the ways of God is not understandable by man. I will continue to say it's only a man that can't handle his freedom that needs religion
1. Rather than mysteries, there is instead ignorance of what is in fact written, and a general refusal to seek knowledge and wisdom directly from the God one pretends to serve. If OP had in fact clearly investigated what is written in the book, he would have realized that the Old Law of Moses was given by God as a National Constitution in the Land of Canaan and as such, those who don't live in that land need not concern themselves with that law, to begin with. Further investigation would have led OP to have discovered that over 2500 years ago, God swore by His name that no longer will that particular law of generational curses hold in His Israel- Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 32 & Ezekiel 33 vs 10 - 20 . So you can imagine the level of ignorance one has to be working with when 2500 years later, one is still crying over a law that was repealed over 2500 years before. undecided
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
niggaz4life:
cuz the great great grandchildren in the third or fourth generation is the father in the reincarnation
Rubbish! grin

So, the father is right there watching himself in his children and his grandchildren? No be serious psychosis be that? undecided
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2023
op spot on...this your post is the major reason naija has been retrogressing
Nigerians are lazy minded and that is the major reason for the retrogression. undecided
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Kobojunkie: 8:41am On Feb 26, 2023
tete7000:
■ The punishment are often consequences of sin. Sinful habits are often inherent in the family and attitudes of sin often perpetuates through family line and thus the consequences that come with such habits. This is why it always seem children are punished for parents sins. The bible itself recognises that every man will get punished for their sin. If people repent and follow God, they are forgiven and spared punishment that comes with sin.
You need to learn to respect the context of what you read in scripture so you don't lump ideas together as one when they exist separately. undecided
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tete7000(m): 8:48am On Feb 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You need to learn to respect the context of what you read in scripture so you don't lump ideas together as one when they exist separately. undecided

You have not made any point. Pick what I wrote one line after the other and explain yourself. You seem to be the one lumping things together and making no sense here.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Kobojunkie: 8:49am On Feb 26, 2023
tete7000:
You have not made any point. Pick what I wrote one line after the other and explain yourself. You seem to be the one lumping things together and making no sense here.
You lumped it all together instead or separating them as you ought to so where do I begin picking what apart. undecided
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tete7000(m): 8:52am On Feb 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You lumped it all together instead or separating them as you ought to so where do I begin picking what apart. undecided

If you are incapable to separate and analyse, you can as well just keep quiet and walk away. It means you really don't have anything tangible or concrete to contribute.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by orisa37: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2023
YOUR CHILDREN HAVE YOUR DNA.
THEREFORE WORK RIGHTEOUSLY BEFORE GOD AND ALWAYS .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youtube Spiritual Teaching--herbs & Mystics (solutions To Life Issues) / Michael Jackson's Brother Runs To Tb Joshua / Are You Serving God To Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.