Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,911 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. (12652 Views)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / 7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting / 5 Sins Often Ignored By Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by emerged01(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2016
donem:
Very nonsensical I must confess, the soul that sinneth must die alone.

I can't be made/held to pay for a crime I know nothing about.

The clause is only when you are on the side of God.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by OkoNDOoBo: 1:56pm On May 29, 2016
tete7000:
The punishment are often consequences of sin. Sinful habits are often inherent in the family and attitudes of sin often perpetuates through family line and thus the consequences that come with such habits. This is why it always seem children are punished for parents sins. The bible itself recognises that every man will get punished for their sin. If people repent and follow God, they are forgiven and spared punishment that comes with sin.

But Paul was killed the same way he was persecuting the christains when he was unbeliver.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 29, 2016
d point is No mata wat we are not suppose to ask God questions he knows y he allow tins to b d way it is.. END OF DISCUSSION
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by glossy6(f): 2:07pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:

did david hate God. He waas a man after God owns heart..yet his sins showed on his sons and innocent children and that the sword will never depart from his family... Did he hate God ?

Did the product of his so called sin not ruled Israel (Solomon ) and how was Solomon's reign? Jedidiah, a man after God's heart
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tete7000(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

But Paul was killed the same way he was persecuting the christains when he was unbeliver.

Paul killing wasn't a punishment for his sin. He died a martyr, died for his faith. Christ was the first to die this way and he told everyone who wants to follow him to be willing to pay the same price. So many others who never persecuted the church have died as martyrs, infact it is a belief that of the twelve apostles, only John didn't suffer martyrdom. It is highest point of a christian living.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by TrajansKong: 2:19pm On May 29, 2016
Billiondoe:
No sinner would go unpunished. When a father commits murder and dies without punishment here on earth, do you think the family of the deceased won't curse him and his family...My father taught me to ask for the forgiveness of sins our parents and fore fathers could have committed so that God would not take it out on us and vice versa.

This is dreadful mind-control and child abuse. Too many of our people are schooled in absolute religious terror in their youth sad undecided sad
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Vecto(m): 2:21pm On May 29, 2016
Seenyo:
Spots on @ op!..this is my major problem with bible/quran! Arrant travesty of justice/hypocrisy!
Hey easy there fella. The Quran doesn't promote such absurdity.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by TrajansKong: 2:25pm On May 29, 2016
saintneo2:
It's a tough world.

Somethings are beyond our comprehension; thus, I surrender to God so as to provide with a shield against things I do know nor understand.

Our problem as a people in a nutshell.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 29, 2016
saintneo2:
It's a tough world.

Somethings are beyond our comprehension; thus, I surrender to God so as to provide with a shield against things I do know nor understand.
If the others had thought in this manner, we would all be dumb humans.

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by EazyMoh(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2016
That's why You need Islam! You are only responsible for your own actions.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 29, 2016
Hey dude it does!...the doctrines of both faith are pre-dominantly inter-woven!
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by EazyMoh(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2016
tete7000:

Paul killing wasn't a punishment for his sin. He died a martyr, died for his faith. Christ was the first to die this way and he told everyone who wants to follow him to be willing to pay the same price. So many others who never persecuted the church have died as martyrs, infact it is a belief that of the twelve apostles, only John didn't suffer martyrdom. It is highest point of a christian living.
Then why did Jesus shout "my lord my lord why hath thou forsaken me?"
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Truflame: 2:53pm On May 29, 2016
The interpretation of this riddle lies in the repeated earthlives(reincarnation) of people who are heavily or fairly burden with sin. Centuries may passed before the consequences of evil reaction arrive. Therefore, a departed soul may experience the inevitable reaction of his sin here on earth or in his next life
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by EazyMoh(m): 2:56pm On May 29, 2016
Seenyo:
Spots on @ op!..this is my major problem with bible/quran! Arrant travesty of justice/hypocrisy!
Remove Quran there, In Islam you are only responsible for your own actions. Unless you have something in particular you wanna point out.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Billiondoe: 3:05pm On May 29, 2016
TrajansKong:

This is dreadful mind-control and child abuse. Too many of our people are schooled in absolute religious terror in their youth sad undecided sad

Whatever rocks your boat man!
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Mom007(f): 3:06pm On May 29, 2016
Op you misquoted the scriptures o. It says he will visit sins of the Father upon the children IN THE CASE OF THOSE WHO HATE HIM. Read the scriptures to the end not just in bits.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by bukolasagba: 3:23pm On May 29, 2016
Good Morning! How was your Night?

QUOTE FOR THE DAY
Taking the right counsel in the direction of God's will for your life is enough to deliver you from the consequence of a generational sin!!!

BIBLE VERSE FOR THE DAY
"What do you people mean by quoting this proverb about the land of Israel: "'The fathers eat sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge'? "As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, you will no longer quote this proverb in Israel. For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son- both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die." (Ezekiel 18:2-4 NIV).
Many men are suffering just because of the sins of their parent. The very day Adam ate the forbidden fruit in disobedient to God's word; the Lord declared him and the entire human race dead. However, the Lord by the virtue of His mercy counselled him.

He told him to work the land if he must eat the fruit from it. He also added that; it will take pain, sorrow and hard labour to multiply both in good things and in child bearing. Also, the devil will be readily available to bruise his heel even as he should also get ready to bruise his head if he wants to move on in life. Hence, the Lord made it a point of duty to always knock on the door of your heart to counsel you to obey His will in a bid to save you from the consequence of sin (Rev 3:20).

When King Solomon repented from his sins the Lord transferred the consequence on his children(1King 11:9-13). Rehoboam had the grace to exempt himself from it but took the wrong counsel (1King 12:1-17).

The Lord will always make a way out from generational curses by making His will known to men. When he knocks the door of your heart do not hardened your heart. Allow His will to find place in your life.

Grace to you in Jesus name. Amen!!!
Have an Exceptional Worship Experience!!!
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by asksteve(m): 4:17pm On May 29, 2016
Iamsynord:
What one sow, one shall reap and everyone shall be accountable for what he or she does ?

The concept of the sin of the father shall be visited on his sons and generation seems like an unjust judgement...

Why must the punishment for the evil sins of a father who killed, looted, commited adultery and so on, be melted on an innocent child who has no control over the family he enters into and has not commited any sin ?

Why shld the doer not be punished for his offence ? There are scenarios in the word where even after the father sins and he is forgiven, punishment will still be pronounced on the unborn children even up to the 4th generation ?

I thought we are wonderfully and beautifully made ,why make some innocent child the scapegoat of an ancestral curse ?

op, y quote d scripture out of context, the scripture u quoted halfway is Exodus 20 verse 5 and it states

" Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;"

So u can see dat d portion u left out settles everything. A times I ask myself if u really didn't know or u jus wanted to create a thread, mind u, u might have led someone who didn't know astray.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tete7000(m): 4:46pm On May 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

Then why did Jesus shout "my lord my lord why hath thou forsaken me?"

Because at that point on the cross he bore humans' sins and since God cannot behold iniquity, he was abandoned under the weight of humans sins. Just as Isaiah 53:5 wrote 'He was wounded for our transgression, he was beaten for our evil''. If you are interested read the entire chapter.

I hope you are not one of those who called themselves atheist and doubt the veracity of the scripture and thus always looking for who to engage in senseless argument? If you are I am not interested in your argument. You can choose to believe whatever you want
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by October1960: 4:57pm On May 29, 2016
Well said below.

Some people use bible and quoran to justify stealing of public funds. Their children then pray for forgiveness so they can enjoy stolen money guilt free.

Religion is a fantasy to soothe the injustice of reality.

Jadonjack:

My grandpa had nothing but a small piece of land he uses for cultivation, my dad is now richer than him, I'm in my late twenties and I'm almost as rich as my dad. So tell me how ur theory is right
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by ilovecritics(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2016
austin2all:
THIS AND MANY MORE ARE THE REASONS GOD DOESNT EXIST.
AND SOMEONE WILL COME OUT OF THE WOODS TO PREACH THAT THE WAYS OF GOD ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE WAYS OF MAN.

Mehn...

I always get confused when I fuss reality with religion. This religion shii has led to many mistakes in people's lives.. Failed marriages, inability to work hard because some high mofo said your uncle in the village tied your luck.

I rather give 20K to a broke family or pay someone's School fees instead of giving it to my Pastor that has over 4 cars.

It's common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by ilovecritics(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2016
Exponental:

GTK....
Good To Know you space bookers

You're crazy.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by EazyMoh(m): 5:15pm On May 29, 2016
tete7000:

Because at that point on the cross he bore humans' sins and since God cannot behold iniquity, he was abandoned under the weight of humans sins. Just as Isaiah 53:5 wrote 'He was wounded for our transgression, he was beaten for our evil''. If you are interested read the entire chapter.

I hope you are not one of those who called themselves atheist and doubt the veracity of the scripture and thus always looking for who to engage in senseless argument? If you are I am not interested in your argument. You can choose to believe whatever you want
That doesn't answer the question.
and I have read the whole chapter, nowhere it says he was abandoned on the cross by God if anything that same Isaiah 53 10 assured that it was God's will that he suffered.
I use a more updated and accurate source of the story of Jesus and God, called the Quran. In it, Jesus was never crucified rather God made someone to look like him and replaced him to the Jews and Jesus ascended to heaven while his replica was crucified which justified his crying "...my lord why hath thou forsaken me?"
Oh yeah am a Muslim.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tete7000(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

and I have read the whole chapter, nowhere it says he was abandoned on the cross by God if anything that same Isaiah 53 10 assured that it was God's will that he suffered.
I use a more updated and accurate source of the story of Jesus and God, called the Quran. In it, Jesus was never crucified rather God made someone to look like him and replaced him to the Jews and Jesus ascended to heaven while his replica was crucified which justified his crying "...my lord why hath thou forsaken me?"
Oh yeah am a Muslim.

Focus on your quran. Leave bible for those who believe and understand it. Thanks and bye.

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by EazyMoh(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2016
tete7000:

Focus on your quran. Leave bible for those who believe and understand it. Thanks and bye.
OK, but so you know I do believe in the Holy Bible as well. in fact I can't be a Muslim without believing in it.
Understand? Well I think that's what the OP and most of the commentators are trying to do. UNDERSTAND the many confusions in Christianity.
Anyway
Bye.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by dipznano: 6:05pm On May 29, 2016
naijabetboy:

The truth is, in real life, these theory doesn't exactly seem to play out. Logically, we've seen people who have not just sinned against God but humanity and there generations after do very well. Take the Abacha family as an example. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

In my own opinion and little I have seen in this life. This rule mostly play out when the sin is spiritual or had a spiritual consequence. For example, the fact that a guy played a lot of girls will definitely not mean his daughters or grand daughters will not have a good marriage... But in a case a curse is laid on him as a result of these acts, it's very much possible that generations that come after him will share in his burden. This is something I have seen. The curse can be seen as a spiritual consequence of his acts. Also, for someone who spiritually manipulates the success of someone else, this is a spiritual act, this act will definitely affect not just the victim his children to some extent. By the rule of an eye for an eye, when Karma cries, generations after him may also get from the punishment. Hence in my own opinion, I think this applies to sins that are spiritual or of spiritual Consequences.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying this is the perfect explanation, but this is what I think and from what I've seen and heard. And please, this explanation is not for our brothers or sisters who don't believe in God, not to talk of "spiritism" or spiritualism.

Thanka

Nollywood cry

*grabs popcorn and a bottle of African special*

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by malvisguy212: 6:15pm On May 29, 2016
johnydon22:
It is an imbecili_c idea punishing someone for the fault of another but sadly this ridiculous idea is being applauded by billions who see themselves as unworthy and broken because a book told them a God is still blaming them for the sins of their alleged ancestors Adam and eve
why are you atheist soo full of hate ? Did you read the passage very well ? by really reading it in more depth, it actually says the opposite. Only the children who "hate God", and sin themselves, are the ones who are punished, only the wicked and ungodly children who are following the wicked example of their fathers are punished. The very next verse (Exodus 20:6) confirms that God shows mercy on the children who love Him and keep his Law. This is in harmony with the teaching, "Each man shall die for his own sins" (2 Chronicles 25:4, Ezekiel 18:4,20).
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by dipznano: 6:25pm On May 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

Oh yeah am a Muslim.

Hmmm baba ooo grin grin grin lmao
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Iamdmentor1(m): 6:33pm On May 29, 2016
I am saddened to know that some people still don't believe that God exists, and the ones who believe question God. God is too perfect to make a slight mistake. It is written "the children shall not suffer the sins of their fathers, let every man bear his own sin"
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by tete7000(m): 6:41pm On May 29, 2016
EazyMoh:

OK, but so you know I do believe in the Holy Bible as well. in fact I can't be a Muslim without believing in it.
Understand? Well I think that's what the OP and most of the commentators are trying to do. UNDERSTAND the many confusions in Christianity.
Anyway
Bye.

Then you no longer practise Islam but Chrislam. As a muslim you said you have an 'updated' version of 'words of God' but yet you won't stop consulting the 'outdated version'. Is the 'updated version' not suppose to have corrected your supposed confusion? Doesn't it sound to youfrom logic that you might really be the confused one here? You claim you have a gold yet you won't leave alone one you think has a brass. Which one is more valuable? Gold or brass? So why don't you just be contented with you gold?
It doesnt interest me whether you believe in bible or not and as far as I am concerned I don't see Quran as containing words of God. Can you see we hold divergent view now? - The reason why I told you I am not interested in arguments that lead no where and do no one any good.

Thanks.
Re: Visiting The Sins Of The Father Upon The Children.. by Billiondoe: 7:23pm On May 29, 2016
TrajansKong:

What do you mean by this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / Win A Soul For Allah: Lexiconkabi And Other Muslims, Please Enter / Islamism - The New Global Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.