Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:46 AM

How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today (967 Views)

Nigerian Man Killed By Wife In Cameroon Buried Today, Wife's Picture Attached / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by VISTIN(m): 1:19pm On May 29, 2016
This is how it just happened and I wonder why a man should be that mean to his own wife.

I was coming from East to Lagos (Ihiala to Lagos) this morning and decided to stay at my Junction to wait for a cheaper vehicle going to Lagos, instead of going to the park and pay more ( I didn't have much left).

Luckily, I got a private vehicle and the occupants were the man, his wife (and baby) and another woman (passenger) they picked along the road.

When we got to Orifite, we picked another passenger and we set out for the journey.

Along the road, the man (driver) gave the wife a wrap of Moi-Moi they bought earlier to open it (if she wanted to eat). But the woman didn't hear the "if you want to eat".

She thought the husband wanted to eat the stuff and she opened it and gave to the man.

Immediately, the man started shouting at the woman in our presence. He went as far as saying making signs to us "you see the kind of wife I married"? He said it repeatedly and I had to calm him down.

After some time, he came up with same rubbish and that was when the woman said she didn't hear him say "if you want...".

The most painful part of it was the hating face he put up while insulting his wife in the public as if they were sworn enemies.

I respected the maturity in the woman as she never uttered a word while the man was fuming over a non-issue.

For me, There's no perfect wife and we have to learn how to manage our wives in the public. If you insult her in the public, you hurt her ergo and reduce her respect for you.

Take it or leave, rebuking your spouse in the public is a bad gesture. Even if you must react, it has to be friendly. When you get to your house, shout off your roof.

Our wives are our lovers, our mothers, our soul mates, our friends, our managers, our pride, our joy and our life partners.

Don't embarrass her in the Public. She's a human, not an angel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by thorpido(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2016
A man who treats his wife like that in public doesn't love and respect her.
Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by emamos: 1:27pm On May 29, 2016
@op dis ur 2nd or 3rd tym u created d topic...Nawa 4 ur kind
https://www.nairaland.com/3134041/how-man-embarrassed-wife-presence

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by DickDastardly(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2016
Amebo ... na your type dey scatter person family... infact the man's biggest offence was carrying you in his car ... why judge him? Are you married? Don't you know that every wife and husband come with their own spec and therefore different ... well, they just picked you on the road ... if you really care to know why the man acted the way he did, follow them home and at least spend three months with them, so you can judge him better. cool
Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:19pm On May 29, 2016
Thank God the man didn't drive u all into an incoming truck out of anger.

So man sees their wife as d reason for all their problems, unfortunately you happen to meet one
Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 29, 2016
VISTIN:

This is how it just happened and I wonder why a man should be that mean to his own wife.

I was coming from East to Lagos (Ihiala to Lagos) this morning and decided to stay at my Junction to wait for a cheaper vehicle going to Lagos, instead of going to the park and pay more ( I didn't have much left).

Luckily, I got a private vehicle and the occupants were the man, his wife (and baby) and another woman (passenger) they picked along the road.

When we got to Orifite, we picked another passenger and we set out for the journey.

Along the road, the man (driver) gave the wife a wrap of Moi-Moi they bought earlier to open it (if she wanted to eat). But the woman didn't hear the "if you want to eat".

She thought the husband wanted to eat the stuff and she opened it and gave to the man.

Immediately, the man started shouting at the woman in our presence. He went as far as saying making signs to us "you see the kind of wife I married"? He said it repeatedly and I had to calm him down.

After some time, he came up with same rubbish and that was when the woman said she didn't hear him say "if you want...".

The most painful part of it was the hating face he put up while insulting his wife in the public as if they were sworn enemies.

I respected the maturity in the woman as she never uttered a word while the man was fuming over a non-issue.

For me, There's no perfect wife and we have to learn how to manage our wives in the public. If you insult her in the public, you hurt her ergo and reduce her respect for you.

Take it or leave, rebuking your spouse in the public is a bad gesture. Even if you must react, it has to be friendly. When you get to your house, shout off your roof.

Our wives are our lovers, our mothers, our soul mates, our friends, our managers, our pride, our joy and our life partners.

Don't embarrass her in the Public. She's a human, not an angel.
How many times you wan talk this matter. Wetin ur own wife go suffer from you na repititive reprimanding
Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by greatgod2012(f): 2:31pm On May 29, 2016
If the woman can be insulted publicly like that by her husband, only God knows what will be going on in their house when nobody is there.

2 Likes

Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by VISTIN(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2016
[quote author=emamos post=46079745][/quote]

I've not come across this kind of post on NL before. This is what happened and as I'm typing, I'm still in the vehicle and the man keeps being rude to his wife

This is my very first post on NL since I joined.

Except I made mistake of sending it twice.
Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by VISTIN(m): 2:40pm On May 29, 2016
DickDastardly:
Amebo ... na your type dey scatter person family... infact the man's biggest offence was carrying you in his car ... why judge him? Are you married? Don't you know that every wife and husband come with their own spec and therefore different ... well, they just picked you on the road ... if you really care to know why the man acted the way he did, follow them home and at least spend three months with them, so you can judge him better. cool

Naira Land is also meant to educate people, I didn't mention their names, I didn't interfere, I didn't rebuke.

But my own is that men should treat their wives with respect. We all have our differences but should manage them well.

If you think it's good to be harrassed like that in the public by your spouse, let it be your lot.

7 Likes

Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by Acidosis(m): 3:12pm On May 29, 2016
OP, get ready to be lambasted by the "mind your business" school of thought students.
Re: How A Man Embarrassed His Wife In My Presence Today by byvan03: 3:13pm On May 29, 2016
How some women endure all sorts of humiliation is puzzling.

(1) (Reply)

Building A Successful Home / 10 Warning Signs To Spot A Wife Beater / My Home Use 26inches Industrial Fan For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.