Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist - Business (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist (68548 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) / Bank of Industry YES Programme Round2 List Is Finally Out / Bank of industry Increases On-lending Fund For SMEs Under YES Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by bibinwaka: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2016
what are u into?
@edoman 2016
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by othnielejike1: 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
@edoman 2016, what kind of machines do you need
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 6:39am On Oct 30, 2016
I need fruit juice production machines. Do you know a very good fabricator of machinery?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2016
edoman2016:
I need fruit juice production machines. Do you know a very good fabricator of machinery?
The machines you need are stainless steel product. Those things are expensive. I thought BOI was giving 50% for machinery purchase. Did you not apply for enough money?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by juri: 7:05am On Oct 30, 2016
edoman2016:

If you are in Lagos (or even if not in Lagos you can go there), visit the Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi (FIIRO). They are into fabrications of various kinds of processing machines including fruit juice and bakery stuff. http://www.fiiro.org/.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 8:03am On Oct 30, 2016
The fabricated machine of FIIRO is quite expensive compared to independent fabricators.
It does not make business sense to spend more than 60% of my budget on machinery alone. I need to rent factory space, purchase raw materials and so on.

Some one said unilag has a mechanical workshop for fabrication of machinery. I will confirm if there price is fair and their machinery is quality too.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
edoman2016:
The fabricated machine of FIIRO is quite expensive compared to independent fabricators.
It does not make business sense to spend more than 60% of my budget on machinery alone. I need to rent factory space, purchase raw materials and so on.

Some one said unilag has a mechanical workshop for fabrication of machinery. I will confirm if there price is fair and their machinery is quality too.

Did you not do a business plan before you applied for loan? What exactly is the problem, did you apply for N5m and BOI approved N2m? Oga remember say this thing na loan o, this struggle you are having over ordinary equipment procurement is beginning to give me worries.

Please what exactly is the problem or did you just quote equipment cost without verifying actual cost?

There is no cheap machine of the one you are looking for, stainless or galvanized steel is expensive. No go use ordinary iron do wetin de process juice before you poison your customers and eventually destroy your business.

The advice I can give you is to look for a young welder/fabricator and discuss the materials to produce the machine. Then buy the materials and settle labour with him, that is the cheapest you will get.

Please if I may ask, how much did BOI give to you?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
Trust me, 5 million naira is not enough for some business like mine. Wetin man go do than to continue to look for bargain. Equipment is expensive in the market. No thanks to buhari.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
That's the reason I'm going into a business where I can source equipment cheaply.

Post pictures of what you want, describe the process properly also so I can help with cheaper alternatives that meet food production standard.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by adah(m): 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2016
hello all,
i just got my in-class invite. Abuja nicon luxury 7th-11th. chk ur boxes
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by nwobini1308: 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
adah:
hello all,

I just received an Email encouraging to complete my courses but all my 18 courses have been completed since 19th October
I do not understand the E-mail
Here is the mail;
Dear participants,

Hope this meets you well.

Well done on your progress so far on the BOI YES Programme online training. Notifications have been sent to participants who have completed all the online courses in Lagos and Abuja.

We encourage you to complete all 18 courses to stand the chance of advancing to the next phase of the programme.

Kindly note that the programme will close-out on Monday November 7th, 2016 and after which email notification for the in-class training will be sent out to qualified participants.

For any enquiries, kindly contact yes-p@pau.edu.ng

Best regards,

--
YES Programme Team
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
adah:
hello all,
Only those in Abuja and Lagos have been invited.

nwobini1308:

I just received an Email encouraging to complete my courses but all my 18 courses have been completed since 19th October
I do not understand the E-mail
Here is the mail;
Dear participants,
Hope this meets you well.
Well done on your progress so far on the BOI YES Programme online training. Notifications have been sent to participants who have completed all the online courses in Lagos and Abuja.
We encourage you to complete all 18 courses to stand the chance of advancing to the next phase of the programme.
Kindly note that the programme will close-out on Monday November 7th, 2016 and after which email notification for the in-class training will be sent out to qualified participants.
For any enquiries, kindly contact yes-p@pau.edu.ng
Best regards,
--
YES Programme Team
it means those in Lagos and Abuja that have completed all 18 courses have started receiving their in class training invite. When the programme closes on the 7th the rest of us who made it will receive our invite.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by gspace1960(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2016
juz reciev mi invite 2 d in class training .....all tanks 2 God almighty
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2016
gspace1960:
Is your business based in Lagos or abuja?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by gspace1960(m): 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
Jethrolite:
Is your business based in Lagos or abuja?

Ogun state
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
gspace1960:

Ogun state
I would have really loved to go to EDC but I am in delta state I wonder where I will be sent to when invite comes.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Olowozain: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
Jethrolite:
I would have really loved to go to EDC but I am in delta state I wonder where I will be sent to when invite comes.

This actually depends on your business location.
If your business location is in south west, you could be sure of EDC.

Where is your proposed business location?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
Olowozain:

This actually depends on your business location.
If your business location is in south west, you could be sure of EDC.

Where is your proposed business location?
Delta state.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:30am On Nov 02, 2016
Jethrolite:
Delta state.
Mine is Edo.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 12:51am On Nov 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

Mine is Edo.
Have you been invited?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:57am On Nov 02, 2016
Jethrolite:
Have you been invited?
No, I haven't.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 12:59am On Nov 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

No, I haven't.
So Abuja and Lagos people are getting priority ahead of us. No wahala.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by WORLDPEACE(m): 1:04am On Nov 02, 2016
Jethrolite:
So Abuja and Lagos people are getting priority ahead of us. No wahala.
Na so o. I'm presently in Abj just to see if the city's air around me will make them invite me. Lol
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 1:06am On Nov 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

Na so o. I'm presently in Abj just to see if the city's air around me will make them invite me. Lol
Lol, staying put in delta. Our invites will come when the mass invites are sent out.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2016
gspace1960:
what date does your class begin?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by gspace1960(m): 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
WORLDPEACE:
what date does your class begin?
8th-12th NOV
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by mogatti: 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
I thought it ws 7th to 11th
gspace1960:

8th-12th NOV
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
gspace1960:

8th-12th NOV
Wow, it's here already! That's less than 10 days notice.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by ol2012: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2016
adah:
hello all,

Congrats bro,
Mine is same date but EDC Lagos
Congrats in advance to participants outside Lag/Abuja too as U await ur invites
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by doubleakins(m): 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
Good day peeps, my business location is Ibadan but I heard BOI does not fund trading and also does not fund agric business. Pls advice as I want to go into poultry farming. I am already in the business, just need to expand it. Pls if you Ve any info, share.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 11:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
doubleakins:
Good day peeps, my business location is Ibadan but I heard BOI does not fund trading and also does not fund agric business. Pls advice as I want to go into poultry farming. I am already in the business, just need to expand it. Pls if you Ve any info, share.
Do research on processing. You could go into frozen chicken processing since you're already in poultry business. Get a cold room-big deep freezers, locally fabricated feather plucker. There are other businesses like packing sugar or honey in sachets. Take a stroll into your town, opportunities are everywhere.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by doubleakins(m): 12:15am On Nov 03, 2016
Jethrolite:
Do research on processing. You could go into frozen chicken processing since you're already in poultry business. Get a cold room-big deep freezers, locally fabricated feather plucker. There are other businesses like packing sugar or honey in sachets. Take a stroll into your town, opportunities are everywhere.

Electricity will be a major issue with cold room and poultry processing and I can't afford any over head cost for now since the business is young, I'm on loan and I need fast business growth. So fueling generator may not be palatable

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply)

10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria / Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies / Meet Mammy Ochefu The Woman Who Started Mammy Market In Soldiers Barracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.