Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Family Palava - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Family Palava (572 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Family Palava by BossIce: 9:16pm On May 29, 2016
Saturday evening my friend was crying and begging me to follow her home that we'll come back the next day being Sunday, wetin happen, wetin happen Only thing she kept saying was "dem wan kill my mama for me!!!" Out of fear, I took extra clothes and some money and off we went, entered bus from French village, badagry to Apapa to go and save someone's mother from what? I didn't know and didn't know until I got there that my services were needed to chase some family members that were disturbing my friend's mother from the house( Biko how did it concern me?). We got there and I met 2 grown kids, I'll call them that- a boy of 16 and a girl of 24 being harbored by my friend's mum but had just beaten her up because they came back from wherever and didn't meet food( it's not your father's house, you're not even treated like househelps because they were well dressed and the woman in question is your mother's cousin) just because your parents are in the village and as per culture, she doesn't want you people to starve. Bear in mind that their father and mother's siblings want nothing to do with them.

Because it was night, nothing was done until the next afternoon as morning was church, after church my friend told them to pack and leave the house but the girl said no and insulted us and I almost cried because I wasn't allowed to do anything to her. Screaming and cursing, she said no and went to sit at the veranda. She called her mum who told her not to leave there for any reason, it was on loud speaker so we all heard it.

It was at this point that I told my friend that the police had to be involved or we go back to school and we did. Got there, told them what was wrong but they were stalling, then I remembered a soldier friend around that area and called him up. He met us with 6 of his friends and I was so happy to show off(it's my style).

We got there and my friend told them to carry both the kids and her own mother, why? Because her mother will learn to stop being Mother Teresa and I agreed. After some hours, they all wrote an undertaking which bursted my head that the kids will not go near the house and the mother won't harbor anyone without permission from her only child (I just died with laughter), I signed as witness and we came back to school. But trust me I didn't just do without taking a full length movie-like video with Gold, my Itel phone, in fact she had a filled day as her battery refused to die because even she was enjoying the scenario.

Got back in French village, badagry and I heard results were out, I ran to see my fate only for me to discover it was a hoax. I swore for them and even me for believing that they won't have taken pictures and put on various group chats.

Sorry to say but family members aren't allowed in my house. It has happened before, if I wanna help people, I'll go to an orphanage.
Re: Family Palava by tonynwasokwu: 8:11am On May 30, 2016
lols, what a short clip, u can joke with any military personal but definatly not Nigeria soldier, less I forget what is the itel model number? I see it has a good battery.
Re: Family Palava by Alphasunday(m): 9:11am On May 30, 2016
It1507 and the video recoding is preety awsome not forgetting its affordable,

(1) (Reply)

What Have Learnt In Nigeria / What Is Your Cultural Ways Of Receiving Visitors In Your Home? / Pidgin Meaning - Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.