Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,229 members, 7,846,075 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Agony Of A Church Boy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agony Of A Church Boy (426 Views)

The Agony Of A Pastor's Son, (true Life Story) / How Did Joseph Carpenter Die And Where Was He All Through The Agony Of Jesus / The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agony Of A Church Boy by Holyfire1(m): 9:39pm On May 29, 2016
Are you a church leader, Are you a minister/worker in the house of God? Are you a Christian? Do you love God?

Please read this story

THE IRONY OF A CHURCH BOY

Going to church has suddenly become to me, more of a routine than a fellowship or a spiritual gathering.
Things have really changed with me, over the past few months. Though, I still attend church services regularly. However, my gaze has shifted from the bleeding side of Jesus on the cross to the tight-fitted seductive outfit of our mary-like-jezebel sisters, showing their curvy God-given endowment through most of their elastic, sleeveless microgowns, thereby making their 'assets' so conspicuous and luscious. Please! Don't be too quick to judge me, I still discharge my duty well as a worker in the ushering arm of the workforce of my church. A dedicated worker. That seems not to be fair at all, or is it?

Come to think of this, nobody seems to have noticed the changes that had suddenly encroached my precious life. All what people could see in me is the hard working, dedicated workaholic and the handsome looking church boy. Even our pastor doesn't care to know about the purity of the vessel of his workers from which the content of their services emanate from. What a pity to an insensitive church and a careless globe. Well, I won't blame them much, this is because nobody would have been able to discover my subtle but odious and rotten pretentious life style expect such a one is really spiritually sensitive or has a good servant-leader's heart.

It actually happens that today marks exactly two years I saw physically the General oversea of our church ministry . That was the first and the last time I set my eye on him. The General oversea arrival to church premises actually depict him to be a man of God's presence. As he spoke that day, I felt a deep surge rising up within me, just like the tide of an ocean.This strong surge spur me up to be dedicated to God and to my commitment to church services. I actually gave my life to Christ that day. I gave my all, until few months ago when I realized I had picked up what I once let go off and things seems to have become worsen for me.

I now do unspeakable things with myself and with some of the so called "sister's-in-the-Lord" of my church. Nefarious did that I enjoyed doing but actually hated the act.
Would anyone have thought that a teenage boy like me could get his sexual hunger and lustful desires satisfied in places like the church other than being spiritually fed and equipped. Well, personally I wouldn't be surprise. Simply because I realize I'm not the only player of this game. And not just that, but also because I have seen severally my so-called spiritual father, the resident pastor of our church engaged in the same obnoxious act severally. I had caught him countless of times and it seems to me as if it's a norm for every church leader, as he did not show any act of remorse about it. So why shouldn't I enjoy myself? Like 'spiritual-father' like 'spiritual-son.'

I have discovered that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God with all my heart, but there is a resistant within me, making me do things I wouldn't have done naturally.

My eyes are filled with tears as I pen down this. How could God still love men like me and some other unscrupulous men who are wolves in sheep clothing. After we would have touch unclean things, we still go to do the spiritual things, lifting up Holy hands and rendering services within the vineyard of God, with that same soiled and dirty hands. Still, God leaves us unhurt.
I am actually a bad boy being loved by a good God.

Friends, I have enjoyed God's grace unlimitedly and I really don't want to fall off the edge of grace. This is why I knee to pray this heart-felt prayer to God that each time I am held bound by lust, Lord I need your strength to break out. I have seen homes crumble, I have seen ministries shattered, I have also seen divine visions wallowing in the mire, all because of just a little sin. Lord, I don't want to end up a cast away. I want my best life back. I seek your sweet loving, graceful face. Accept me and restore me Oh Lord I pray.

Written and Edited by: ABAIRE OLAWALE
Copyright © 2016 Right reserved

Please note: This story was divinely inspired for the one sole purpose of inspiring others with the aim of restoring hope in them and assuring them of a glorious future.

You can also read inspiring articles on:

http://www.abaireolawale.

Or our Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/Abaire Olawale-Be Inspired

#STAYCONNECTED #BEINSPIRED
Re: Agony Of A Church Boy by sobastical: 9:52pm On May 29, 2016
It's not by skills, power or anything humanly but by the grace of God through the help of the Holy Spirit only can make one standing at this end of days.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good Or Bad? See What The Bible Is Being Translated To / Northern Muslims And The Cluture Of Babarism / List Of Daily Duas For The Month Of Ramadan!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.