Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje (295 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje by DrBookie(f): 7:03am On May 30, 2016
Monday, May 30

What Bible Faith Is (2)

Romans 4:19-20; James 1:5-8

Romans 4:19-20 "And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara’s womb: he staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God." Abraham was a man whose faith in God became a reference point of what faith truly is. This means that by studying his life carefully, we can understand what it means to believe God. One important thing that the Bible shows us about Abraham’s faith was that he refused to consider the physical evidence that was against what God had told him; rather he put his absolute confidence in the Word of God. Romans 4:19 tells us that at the time Abraham demonstrated faith in God, his physical body had come to the point of reproductive death or barrenness, for he was about one hundred years old, and his wife who was ninety years was way past being able to conceive a child because of the deadness of her womb. It was in this state that Abraham believed God. The bible says rather than being weak in faith, he was strong in faith, giving glory to God. Awesome, right? Romans 4:20 tells us that he did not stagger at the promise of God through unbelief; meaning that he did not waver or doubt what God had said. James 1:5-8 shows us that the man who wavers in his faith is double-minded, and will not receive anything from the Lord. Abraham was not double-minded because he was fully persuaded that what God had promised him, He was able to perform despite the contrary facts in the natural. The Word tells us that this kind of faith was accounted to him for righteousness; it means that it is this kind of faith that gets the approval of God. 

Other Scriptures for Meditation: Matthew 14:23-31; Mark 9:21-24 

My Solid Front (Confession) 
I declare in the Name of Jesus, that my consideration is not the circumstances and situations around me but the Word of God. I refuse to take my gaze off what God has said to me, for He is faithful who promised, who will also perform it. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Synagogue Church’s Auditorium Has No Building Permit-ex-commissioner Tells Court / Forgiveness / Father Mbaka Denies Saying The President Had Slim Chances Of Survival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.