Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,379 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex (16432 Views)

Contruction Company In Katsina, Nigeria.. 07033087005 / What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by jaro4u(m): 10:52am On May 30, 2016
Good day guys,

I plan to build a 4 bedroom ensuited bungalow for my family, and I have already began working towards it.

But recently, an idea came to mind of converting to a duplex-like structure. I do not not know whether it has a particular term, but it would be a building that would have all the bedrooms (all en-suited) on the first floor and other structures including kitchen, store, laundry rooms and ante rooms on the ground floor. I feel this gives a greater advantage for spaciousness (if there's any english like that)

Another option is to leave a bedroom on the ground floor as the guest room.

I need your insight if I should keep my initial plan or go for the new one. I have a current budget plan is 8 Million initially planned for the bungalow. Do I need to add more for the duplex, and speculatively how much more.

Please note I am a devoted muslim, I value feminine privacy. My wife uses a Hijab.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Fadelex(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

I plan to build a 4 bedroom ensuited bungalow for my family, and I have already began working towards it.

But recently, an idea came to mind of converting to a duplex-like structure. I do not not know whether it has a particular term, but it would be a building that would have all the bedrooms (all en-suited) on the first floor and other structures including kitchen, store, laundry rooms and ante rooms on the ground floor. I feel this gives a greater advantage for spaciousness (if there's any english like that)

I need your insight if I should keep my initial plan or go for the new one. I have a current budget plan is 8 Million initially planned for the bungalow. Do I need to add more for the duplex, and speculatively how much more.

Please note I am a devoted muslim, I value feminine privacy. My wife uses a Hijab.

Thanks.
firstly, what is the total size of the land? and it's better you have a guest bedroom on the ground floor and also kitchen, dinning, store laundry and main living room. 8million will not complete a duplex, so you need a design first before an estimate can be derived. you can pm me for more details
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by jaro4u(m): 11:47am On May 30, 2016
Fadelex:

firstly, what is the total size of the land? and it's better you have a guest bedroom on the ground floor and also kitchen, dinning, store laundry and main living room. 8million will not complete a duplex, so you need a design first before an estimate can be derived. you can pm me for more details

The land size is 120 X 60 (1 Plot) between lagos and ogun state border. Sorry I forgot to include the main living room initially. But speculatively, with a decent archetectural plan, what price range should expect to add to the initial budget?
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Fadelex(m): 11:54am On May 30, 2016
jaro4u:

The land size is 120 X 60 (1 Plot) between lagos and ogun state border. Sorry I forgot to include the main living room initially. But speculatively, with a decent archetectural plan, what price range should expect to add to the initial budget?

send a mail to fadelex2000@yahoo.com , I can forward some sketch to you, from there we can progress

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by agarawu23(m): 1:48pm On May 30, 2016
jaro4u:

you have commenced work on the bungalow and u want to turn if to a duplex? Don't forget foundation for a bungalow is different from a duplex so take note of that.

For cost idea of aa duplex, you can peep and have idea here https://www.nairaland.com/2915461/3d-views-buildings-harneyproject-team

8 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by KolaShangOne(m): 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
Double your money for the bungalow cool
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by powerfulsettingz: 6:42am On Jun 02, 2016
Am here to learn as well
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2016
I think 14m can get you what you what
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by rozayx5(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2016
spent 15m and did not even complete mine to the level i wanted

just budget 18m

6 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by jaro4u(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2016
KolaShangOne:
Double your money for the bungalow cool

Haba, you no nice o.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by talabitola: 6:47am On Jun 02, 2016
OFFICE/Home Service Maintenance, Installation and Repairs For Your Air-condition/refrigerator/washing Machine

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by tobtap: 6:52am On Jun 02, 2016
all d best
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 02, 2016
Dear Friend,
Out of personal experience I would advise you to stick with your original Bungalow plan. your illustrations showed you already have a nice comfortable scope for a family bungalow. Depending on your finishing taste you might not even spend up to 8m.
I don't know your income but always remember your purpose of building, which is "for your family" as long as family is comfortable in bungalow ur aim is achieved.
instead of struggling to add more money all in the name of "I built a Duplex" save and make sure kids get the best... etc .
who knows, if one of your kids becomes Mikel Obi tomorrow na you go dey dash people Duplex as gifts lol! grin
all d best Bro

SultanOfBrunei

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by dotcomnamename: 7:02am On Jun 02, 2016
Good
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Jummymine(f): 7:03am On Jun 02, 2016
Assalam alaykum,in my opinion I think you should stick to the initial plan of the four bedroom flat bungalow. Your wife needs her privacy being an hijabite.She won't be able to get through duplex.you can plan the building in such a way that she will be able to free to cook without her hijab even when you have a guest in the house.With that 8 million,InshaAllah it will become a reality.Please don't start something you won't be able to complete. May Allah aid you.

7 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by troubleshooter: 7:05am On Jun 02, 2016
Hmmm.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Juell(m): 7:05am On Jun 02, 2016
Budget depends on the type of finishing. For average budget up to N20m.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Juell(m): 7:09am On Jun 02, 2016
Jummymine:
Assalam alaykum,in my opinion I think you should stick to the initial plan of the four bedroom flat bungalow. Your wife needs her privacy being an hijabite.She won't be able to get through duplex.you can plan the building in such a way that she will be able to free to cook without her hijab even when you have a guest in the house.With that 8 million,InshaAllah it will become a reality.Please don't start something you won't be able to complete. May Allah aid you.
That privacy can and is even easier to achieve in a duplex design.

2 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Abeos(m): 7:10am On Jun 02, 2016
Go for duplex if you can cover the cost
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by 12akofe: 7:11am On Jun 02, 2016
Pls, i help also about standard 4 bedroom plan. send it to dawak2005@gmail.com . tanks
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by reaky(m): 7:15am On Jun 02, 2016
here to learn
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by tevanso(m): 7:15am On Jun 02, 2016
just focus on ur bungalow ,because u have to budget about 18million for what you want to change to . i will advice u if u dont have that amount don't venture into it to avoid abandoned project

2 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by romeoetin(m): 7:17am On Jun 02, 2016
ok
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by udemedia3(m): 7:18am On Jun 02, 2016
As a structural engineer.... Here are my advice
(1) 8m cannot get the job done..
You need to design the duplex fisrt and give it to a quantity surveyor to calculate the amout it will cost .. Note: it may cost u about 17m to 20m .
(2) you still have to work on the foundation by introducing weight bearing structure like columns and beams.
(3) duplex is the best option.. When it comes to privacy.

Feel free to contact me on whats app or call 0814 414 9500
www.udeconc.net

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by jamalnation(m): 7:18am On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

Thanks.

get a quantity surveyor. if you cant find one contact me mymyjamal@yahoo.com
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by williamsmankind(m): 7:19am On Jun 02, 2016
Ok,since d land plot is 120*60.Duplex require a firm suitable soil for it to withstand d load or wit a suitable reinforcement ( foundation ) u can as well add ur gym room on d ground floor then d MB, study and wit others rooms as well on d first floor.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by sirkkayye(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:24am On Jun 02, 2016
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by smiley001(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2016
Granite for all your building process.
My signature says it all.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by olahero(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Hmmm if there's money stick to ur mind, if ain't no money stick to ur pocket! May Allah help u.

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by ademoladeji(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Make I dey watch the gurus analysing the structure!

@Op,

Keywords: Bungalow, 8m, 4Bdrm, duplex...

My advice is stick with initial plan so as not to complicate issue as time passes by.

I think having a pent floor to the initial scope wldnt be a bad idea instead of having the entire floor area slabbed. The pent floor cld housed the Master Bedroom or a form of study/library/home office.

8m isn't a bad sum for it... What you need to do now is material prioritising with respect to 1) structural stability 2) economic value.... That is, look for the use of 4" blocks where walls aint load bearing against the use of either 6" or 9".

May God see you through!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do It Yourself - How To Install Wallpapers / Effective,function,perfect Architectural Design And Construction In Nigeria / What You Must Consider Before Buying A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.