Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex (16461 Views)

Contruction Company In Katsina, Nigeria.. 07033087005 / What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by fatheritunu: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

I plan to build a 4 bedroom ensuited bungalow for my family, and I have already began working towards it.

But recently, an idea came to mind of converting to a duplex-like structure. I do not not know whether it has a particular term, but it would be a building that would have all the bedrooms (all en-suited) on the first floor and other structures including kitchen, store, laundry rooms and ante rooms on the ground floor. I feel this gives a greater advantage for spaciousness (if there's any english like that)

Another option is to leave a bedroom on the ground floor as the guest room.

I need your insight if I should keep my initial plan or go for the new one. I have a current budget plan is 8 Million initially planned for the bungalow. Do I need to add more for the duplex, and speculatively how much more.

Please note I am a devoted muslim, I value feminine privacy. My wife uses a Hijab.
Trending limited, its a firm established by my boss oluwafemi okunnuwa, our company can help you build a very good duplex at a very small price with good material, all you have to do is to call this no! 08120780031
Thanks.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by fatheritunu: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

I plan to build a 4 bedroom ensuited bungalow for my family, and I have already began working towards it.

But recently, an idea came to mind of converting to a duplex-like structure. I do not not know whether it has a particular term, but it would be a building that would have all the bedrooms (all en-suited) on the first floor and other structures including kitchen, store, laundry rooms and ante rooms on the ground floor. I feel this gives a greater advantage for spaciousness (if there's any english like that)

I need your insight if I should keep my initial plan or go for the new one. I have a current budget plan is 8 Million initially planned for the bungalow. Do I need to add more for the duplex, and speculatively how much more.

Please note I am a devoted muslim, I value feminine privacy. My wife uses a Hijab.
Trending limited, its a firm established by my boss oluwafemi okunnuwa, our company can help you build a very good duplex at a very small price with good material, all you have to do is to call this no! 08120780031
Thanks.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Mushood: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
I don't really like to comment on a thread like dis cos there is no how u will get appropriate information as u desire over online forum, however, why not look for a professional in ur vicinity to enlighten u better on how to go about it? But d fact dat u are a brother, I will drop my comment.

Now consider dis fact

1 know dat u will spend double or more of ur initial budget to convert it to Duplex, ranging from the cost of substructure(foundation) to superstructure(first floor).

2 in terms of privacy, kitchen cannot be located on d first floor in Duplex cos no visitor is allowed to go up, so there would be a need for ur wife to shuttle between kitchen, dining and bedroom which is at first floor. So no privacy, but in a bungalow, d plan can be designed in such a way dat ur wife can walk freely without hijab on btw d kitchen, dining and bedroom.

For more info and designs of such, u can pm me mushood_amodu@yahoo.com
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Locotech: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

Thanks.

The reason a whole 8 million can not complete a house of that type now is because your builders profit is inside that your hard earned 8m.

At Mectec Contract Nig Ltd, we have developed a low cost housing convention (Locotech) that protects the client from excessive profit taking by contractors. We only charge roughly 10% of the cost of our bungalow as our fee.

With 1.9m we will deliver a 3 brm flat of our proposed design although other designs can be converted to Locotech convention but it will never be as expensive as what you get nowadays.

Though we target low cost housing schemes but we also consider single clients who have a plot of land with good soil where piling won't be required.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by jaro4u(m): 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2016
ademoladeji:

Nice one!

I think instead of the duplex, he could afford to have a pent floor which might even give a 5-bedroom

Hi guys,

Really value all your advise. But I would to know what you mean by having a pen house with the bangalow.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by jaro4u(m): 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2016
Secondly, the foundation has not been constructed yet. I am delaying it till I decide which side to go, bungalow or duplex.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Locotech: 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:
Secondly, the foundation has not been constructed yet. I am delaying it till I decide which side to go, bungalow or duplex.

Why dont you send me your plan drawings let me give you an estimate of your bungalow when Locotech convention is adopted to it.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by ademoladeji(m): 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:

Hi guys,

Really value all your advise. But I would to know what you mean by having a pen house with the bangalow.

A pent floor is like having a room above the normal rooms level.

It's a mini duplex... 4 bedroom down with the living room and 1 bedroom up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do It Yourself - How To Install Wallpapers / 5-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Collapsed Building In Lagos (photos) / Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.