Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex (16463 Views)

Contruction Company In Katsina, Nigeria.. 07033087005 / What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by adebaxton(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Constructing a 4bedroom Duplex depends on the fund available and the taste of finishing which may push your budget to 16-20m for completion due to your taste.

I will advice you stick to a 4bedroom Bungalow with Two(2) living room which gives not just your wife but the family its own privacy.

I have an architectural floor plan for that, email me for it and more advice.
Access2m@hotmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Babteefem1992: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2016
Helo, i am architect, i we advice you to go with your budget of 8m to build bungalow more than going for duplex that u will still be find capital to finish the duplex to me it depend on the finishing you want to apply for your building because 8m for design of 4bedroom you we still need funds. I advice you as my client, but if u know you can get the budget of 25m for duplex you we okay to build it .. Call me for advice 07066703973
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by ademoladeji(m): 7:31am On Jun 02, 2016
SultanOfBrunei:
Dear Friend,
Out of personal experience I would advise you to stick with your original Bungalow plan. your illustrations showed you already have a nice comfortable scope for a family bungalow. Depending on your finishing taste you might not even spend up to 8m.
I don't know your income but always remember your purpose of building, which is "for your family" as long as family is comfortable in bungalow ur aim is achieved.
instead of struggling to add more money all in the name of "I built a Duplex" save and make sure kids get the best... etc .
who knows, if one of your kids becomes Mikel Obi tomorrow na you go dey dash people Duplex as gifts lol! grin
all d best Bro

SultanOfBrunei

Nice one!

I think instead of the duplex, he could afford to have a pent floor which might even give a 5-bedroom

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by segcymoor(m): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2016
Babteefem1992:
Helo, i am architect, i we advice you to go with your budget of 8m to build bungalow more than going for duplex that u will still be find capital to finish the duplex to me it depend on the finishing you want to apply for your building because 8m for design of 4bedroom you we still need funds. I advice you as my client, but if u know you can get the budget of 25m for duplex you we okay to build it .. Call me for advice 07066703973

I think u understand d game
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by CircleOfWilis: 7:36am On Jun 02, 2016
Waiting fr the experts...
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by greaterlove(m): 7:38am On Jun 02, 2016
If your budget is N8million I will advice you stick to your bungalow. Since you have already started it will cost you more and I guess you will want to maintain the width and breath of your four bedroom bungalow which will make your duplex too big.
You might end up spending over N20million on that project and at the end you won't even have a functional building.
I can send you some sketch if you insist on a duplex but you will have to do a fresh foundation.

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Afeez16: 7:46am On Jun 02, 2016
asalam alaikum bro, May Allah assist you and enrich your pocket. much has been said by some experience engineers. it is a better idea but you need to spend more. the bungalow foundation needs to be supported to be able to carry both the dead and live loads. I want to advice you to ensure that a good structural engineer examine the area and give you a sustainable structural design. I am a QS I can assist you free of charge by God's grace to determine the financial implications.

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Princelegacylemoha(m): 7:48am On Jun 02, 2016
Consult Legacy Design Consultants , is a trusted firm Bro.

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by AfroKnight: 7:49am On Jun 02, 2016
Contact your architect. He/she is trained to design for special needs like private movement within a building. Also, you would get proper advice on cost and foundation even before the drawings are completed.

Let your architect worry about the details. He / she has a pool of engineers to contact for structural information.

2 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Sobeautiful: 7:59am On Jun 02, 2016
How much can it cost to build a 4 bedroom bungalow? Thanks.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by timcoboy(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2016
With the current situation in Nigeria,the least you can use to build the 4bedroim duple is 18million
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by kingopta(m): 8:12am On Jun 02, 2016
i need to ask you, hop the land is not a swampy area or water logged? if not, then you are good to go...
I am architect, i would tell you, i can give a nice design with the specs you have provided, 8m is okay to finish your duplex with 4 bedrooms with electrical and mechanical fittings, you would be amazed, i wont say much, trust me, just pm me or email me on hammerofgod2001@yahoo.com ... i guarantee you, 8m is enough sir
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by kingopta(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

I plan to build a 4 bedroom ensuited bungalow for my family, and I have already began working towards it.

But recently, an idea came to mind of converting to a duplex-like structure. I do not not know whether it has a particular term, but it would be a building that would have all the bedrooms (all en-suited) on the first floor and other structures including kitchen, store, laundry rooms and ante rooms on the ground floor. I feel this gives a greater advantage for spaciousness (if there's any english like that)

Another option is to leave a bedroom on the ground floor as the guest room.

I need your insight if I should keep my initial plan or go for the new one. I have a current budget plan is 8 Million initially planned for the bungalow. Do I need to add more for the duplex, and speculatively how much more.

Please note I am a devoted muslim, I value feminine privacy. My wife uses a Hijab.

Thanks.

i need to ask you, hop the land is not a swampy area or water logged? if not, then you are good to go...
I am architect, i would tell you, i can give a nice design with the specs you have provided, 8m is okay to finish your duplex with 4 bedrooms with electrical and mechanical fittings, you would be amazed, i wont say much, trust me, just pm me or email me on hammerofgod2001@yahoo.com ... i guarantee you, 8m is enough sir
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Olaa: 8:15am On Jun 02, 2016
Hmmmm.... What's the essence of a big house if in 10-15yrs time you'll be left alone with your wife(Note... Once your kids are in the university, they are as good as having left you to start building their own family).... shocked. You can use the extra dough(Duplex - Bungalow cost) to get another property(land) which is an investment that will surely appreciate for use in the future... That's my Thot o. A lot of big houses waste away once the children are on their own.

4 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by fendorf(m): 8:19am On Jun 02, 2016
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by hurricaneChris: 8:27am On Jun 02, 2016
Bungalow provides more flexibility, especially if u have ambitions in future. (I can see u already have).

That being said, when going about your bungalow, which I will advise you to build now, based on your budget, advise your Architect to come up with a flexible design, which can allow future repartitioning of the internal spaces without having to tamper with the building orientation.

Then start ur building as if your constructing a duplex. We can talk more if need be.
Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by nini007(m): 8:31am On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

I plan to build a 4 bedroom ensuited bungalow for my family, and I have already began working towards it.

But recently, an idea came to mind of converting to a duplex-like structure. I do not not know whether it has a particular term, but it would be a building that would have all the bedrooms (all en-suited) on the first floor and other structures including kitchen, store, laundry rooms and ante rooms on the ground floor. I feel this gives a greater advantage for spaciousness (if there's any english like that)

I need your insight if I should keep my initial plan or go for the new one. I have a current budget plan is 8 Million initially planned for the bungalow. Do I need to add more for the duplex, and speculatively how much more.

Please note I am a devoted muslim, I value feminine privacy. My wife uses a Hijab.

Thanks.
did u prepare ur foundation for a storey building? If not pls think twice!

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by sharpshooter01: 8:50am On Jun 02, 2016
i belive you should call me a registed and a professional engineer with years of experience for a professional and free advice..07034871553..
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Originalsly: 9:55am On Jun 02, 2016
Building a duplex.... location, soil and weather... is the plot easily accessible to get building materials to the site?....is the soil loose?...plot prone to floods?...erosion?... lots of heavy rains in the region? I guess these are some of the factors taken into consideration when laying the foundation and no doubt for a duplex your costs would be through the roof. Don't try hanging your hat where your hand can't reach.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by olukaygold(m): 10:02am On Jun 02, 2016

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by LANREFORWA: 10:10am On Jun 02, 2016
4brduplex or bungalow. Am an Architect and was once in that situation but am happy I made the right choice, if u like duplex go for it cos no matter how beautiful a bungalow is a duplex is better in beauty, luxury, comfort, security and u can still save space for parkings,future developments or landscaping. I took a decision to go for duplex and leave bungalow to have more space for. Parkings etc and I tell u some around me and friends are saying they need another land for a duplex cos their bunglow is no more interesting. So that u don't feel like them later. U wont spend too much, even if u have done foundation just establish new column(pillar for lay man) position to carry the deck in relation to structural detail, u only need of 1.5million at hand when u want to do the deck since it is casted once, but u be happy u did it at last. U can even finish the down before going up. Whenever 1 sit at my projected balcony and enjoy good breeze not obstructed by the smaller bungalows around me coupled with saved space and security and I can watch surrounding buildings withhout a ladder, I thankGod i made the right choice. Duplex will definately stand out and the major additionis just the deck cost which is not much. Just get a very appealling design in 3dinensional views to c how your building will look after finishing and nice construction by professionlals not artisans. For further help contact me Arc Lanre. 08056492103, 08035848491

2 Likes

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by MAXIMAL123(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2016
there is know step u take dats not OK, so far u love it And there is money. So wish u best of luck
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by GeniePlanners(m): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2016
Good day OP, its a good idea to consult those that knew much than just follow ideas from your perspective.
What I will emplore you to do is contact me privately with your old plan including elevations, with your site plan and survey plan,your new design have to be the one that can still stand base on your site and that will be achievable with you pocket budget and based on that #8m the concrete decking have to be minimal and also void maybe applied on first floor. I am sure I can render some help for you.
Meanwhile you can check on http://genieplan..com for a professional duplex design plan .
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

Thanks.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Batlan01: 11:18am On Jun 02, 2016
cool cool

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by babamoha(m): 11:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Look at what you can start and finish without draining your pocket.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by babamoha(m): 11:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Look at what you can start and finish in time without draining your pocket.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by erinleae: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2016
Good idea sir, but if u don't mind u can contact me for professional advise "Mayom Project" 08037608387//08051700214. U can also visit my IG PAGE @mayomproject to see some of my projects.
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by BABANGBALI: 11:57am On Jun 02, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
Am here to learn as well
to learn wetin?you get land?
Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by BABANGBALI: 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2016
Op don't waste your time and money. Come make I sell this to you for just 20 million

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Adegbulugbe(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
jaro4u:
Good day guys,

Thanks.

Good to let you know that of your converting any structure after foundation, you need to design it well but you have a good plan....and 8m will raise it up for you because the German floor has been done, what remains there is the additional structure...so bro, 8m will take you to roof.im building a standard one presently now in portharcourt which I will deck next week and from the foundation, I've spent 5m which I'm sure 3m will take it to roof.have a look

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by Ferguson0709: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
With 12M , your duplex is assured. But I must warn that strict supervision and material cost analysis are some of the important things Yu should never neglect. Some of this so called "builders" will try to milk you since they know you have already stated the worth of what You want ... If you need a plan for it @ no cost, feel free to contact me .

1 Like

Re: Contruction Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex by ArcToyin(m): 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2016
It depends also on the urgency of occupying the house couple with the rate of doubling the money. if you can get the double of the money in time then go for duplex but if it will take you a long time in doubling the money and you aren't convenient where you are, I will advise you to stick to your initial plan. With d initial specification your wife can still have her privacy. Once you have concluded don't hesitate to reach us @ Nobelbest & associate. We help in achieving dream house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do It Yourself - How To Install Wallpapers / 5-Year-Old Girl Rescued From Collapsed Building In Lagos (photos) / Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.