Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? (9260 Views)

Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) / Poundo Yam Or Pounded Yam? / Who Is The King Of Nigeria Swallow? Eba, Akpu (Fufu), Amala Or Pounded Yam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by posakosa(m): 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2009
chaiii, u def. didn't grow up in Naija, you need some good pounding, tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Fhemmmy: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2009
posakosa:

chaiii, u def. didn't grow up in Naija, you need some good pounding, tongue tongue tongue tongue

You are missing, try the poundo and you will come back thanking me
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by posakosa(m): 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You are missing, try the poundo and you will come back thanking me

i've tried it. My mom likes pundo because its easier but I like POUNDED, with the sweat, the pounding and the mortar, yum! tongue
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2009
posakosa:

i've tried it. My mom likes pundo because its easier but I like POUNDED, with the sweat, the pounding and the mortar, yum! tongue

U are a funny dude.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 1:58am On Aug 29, 2009
Phemmy wrote:

that is even more gross, the women pounding and sweating and the sweating is all pounded together and y'all eat that? damnit.

The female sweat falling into the pounding yam adds another level to the whole dimension of sweetness and nutritiousness of the dish.   kiss

Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 30, 2009
Pounded yam, but pondo yam is the only alternative here
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 30, 2009
ROSSIKE:

Phemmy wrote:

The female sweat falling into the pounding yam adds another level to the whole dimension of sweetness and nutritiousness of the dish. kiss

Yummmy
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by roniesharl(f): 4:38pm On Aug 30, 2009
ROSSIKE:

Phemmy wrote:

The female sweat falling into the pounding yam adds another level to the whole dimension of sweetness and nutritiousness of the dish. kiss

yea femmy, all the sweat and stress of pounding could put u off, but there is so much difference between pounded and poundo.
pounded yam is original and poundo is processed and the taste can not be compared to real pounded yam.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Hauwa1: 7:33pm On Aug 30, 2009
towel/shaki/trippe is the only thing i could see in there.

good pounded yam with nothing added to it is the true way to go. that thing melts in your mouth. unlike ola ola that is glued to your
throat  shocked grin
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 31, 2009
rotflmao @ ola ola grin
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by nwatabia: 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2009
cheesy real yam the best.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:35am On Sep 01, 2009
Pounded Yam all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Bestglo(f): 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2009
Nothing compares to real pounded yam,it's simply ulalaaaaacious
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Fhemmmy: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2009
Poundo, all the way.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by roniesharl(f): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Poundo, all the way.
really? smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Fhemmmy: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2009
roniesharl:

really? smiley smiley smiley

yes ke
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Hauwa1: 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2009
which kin guy be this sef grin
u fry/cook/hot/blanched the red oil before you put your onion and blended tomatoes etc.

tried to make stew with fried red oil but stopped as the alarm went off.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by OgidiBoy(m): 10:52pm On Sep 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

which kin guy be this sef grin
u fry/cook/hot/blanched the red oil before you put your onion and blended tomatoes etc.

tried to make stew with fried red oil but stopped as the alarm went off.

Next time use Crisco vegetable oil.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Hauwa1: 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2009
see who just gave me food idea shocked a whole expert nwa mama kitchen pro grin wey mama train/give culinary skill grin i use EVOO. just wanted that distinct palm o red taste grin

where have u been, i need your hefty hands for moving.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2009
boo to all of the above
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by oyinda3(f): 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2009
i don't mind either
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

see who just gave me food idea shocked a whole expert nwa mama kitchen pro grin wey mama train/give culinary skill grin i use EVOO. just wanted that distinct palm o red taste grin

where have u been, i need your hefty hands for moving.

My sister school don start so I don't spend too much time on NL anymore sad Anyways keep eating Palm oil OK, you never hear say palm oil is full of cholesterol. When you die now una go want me to come and cry at your funeral.

BTW when and why are you moving? has your landlord evicted your broke ass tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Hauwa1: 1:04am On Sep 03, 2009
Ogidiboy, goodluck to us with fall  wink. mine starts friday but i will skip  grin till Monday.
moving to another apt on campus.

u bad o  grin moderation is the key.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by chic2pimp(m): 1:46am On Sep 03, 2009
*Hauwa*:

towel/shaki/trippe is the only thing i could see in there.

good pounded yam with nothing added to it is the true way to go. that thing melts in your mouth. unlike ola ola that is glued to your
throat
shocked grin
grin grin grin grin grin OLA OLA. Na so we see am ooo. There is one I saw named OLULOFE. Bwoi I laughed so hard my ribs couldn't handle it no more.
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 03, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

boo to all of the above
Let me cook your christmas dinner, ekiti style.

you don dey americanized on me. our r/ship wnt work if you dnt eat my cookings, honey me, sweerie me grin grin
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by dayokanu(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2009
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by No2Atheism(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2009
FL Gators:

Let me cook your christmas dinner, ekiti style.

you don dey americanized on me. our r/ship wnt work if you dnt eat my cookings, honey me, sweerie me grin grin

Now this is getting a little weird even for me (trust me i am the definition of weird hence i know weird wen i see one)  grin grin grin

Wen did TOH become americanised.

@Gators

Pounded or Poundo or  lipsrsealed  grin - oops sorry i forgot  grin grin grin

@TOH

Pounded or Poundo or  grin
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by roniesharl(f): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2009
No2Atheism:

Now this is getting a little weird even for me (trust me i am the definition of weird hence i know weird wen i see one) grin grin grin

Wen did TOH become americanised.

@Gators

Pounded or Poundo or lipsrsealed grin - oops sorry i forgot grin grin grin

@TOH

Pounded or Poundo or grin

maybe all of the above grin grin
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by roniesharl(f): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2009
What are the processed yam flour products in the markets? wink
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2009
roniesharl:

What are the processed yam flour products in the markets? wink

Poundo yam now
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by biyibabe(f): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2009
I gbadun the taste of my sweet naija pounded yam.Anyway poundo is highly non-naija. grin wink
Re: Pounded Yam Or Poundo Yam? Which Do U Prefer? by belovedtemmy: 6:18pm On May 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Pounded yam sucks.
here is my blv, if you wanna eat yam, eat yam, if you wanna drink water, drink water, how cld u mix water and yam and call it pounded yam.
Yaaawwwwwwkkkkkkkkkkkkkk angry

what do u eat b4 they start processing d poundo yam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! / Does Anyone Has The Recipe For Ewedu? / Blogger, Tatafonaija Feeds 1000 Kids In Abuja To Mark Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.