Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat (4347 Views)

Pro-democracy Group Asks Buhari To Address Nigeria By Thursday Or Face Protest / Vandalism: Buhari Begs Militants, Says “they Use Hi-tech weapons” / Cut Off Food Supply To Niger Delta States-northern Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by jamesibor: 3:48pm On May 30, 2016
The Muhammadu Buhari Legacy Foundation has called on northerners to cut off food supply to the South-South for 30 days until the Niger Delta Avengers militant group stops its attacks on petroleum pipelines in the South-South Region.

As LeadersNG learnt, the Foundation’s Coordinator, Sani Bello Maikusa, said they have ordered Northerners doing business in South-South region to stop supplying agricultural produce, cows, donkeys, dogs, to that part of the country.

Speaking on Sunday in Kaduna during a lecture organised by the Foundation to celebrate President Muhammadu Buhari’s one year in office, Bello Maikusa lamented that the continued attack on petroleum pipelines in that region has made the country to lose 25 percent of its crude oil.

He said: “President Buhari’s efforts to improve power supply to above 5000 mgw has dropped to less than 150 mgw as a result of pipeline sabotage and Avengers.

“Gas cannot be pumped for electricity and crude oil cannot be pushed to refineries in Warri and Kaduna. We are therefore calling for a total boycott of the South-South region for a period of 30 days from July 1st to July 30 2016.

“All businessmen, goods services, agricultural suppliers, suppliers of cows, donkeys, dogs, from the 5 regions of the country should boycott south-south region in protest to the sabotage and pipe line vandalism going there.

“The 30 days boycott will show to the avengers that no region in the country can stands on its own or hold this country to ransom.”

The group also added that the activities of the Avengers are simply aimed to take revenge on President Buhari’s government for the failures of PDP and Goodluck Jonathan’s government.

The Chairman of the occasion, former Assistant Inspector General of Police Lawal Bawa, urged Nigerians to be patient with the Buhari’s administration s its set to take the country to greater heights.

http://leaders.ng/2016/05/30/pipeline-vandalism-group-asks-buhari-to-cut-off-food-supply-to-niger-delta-states/

1 Like

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by ASL33: 3:59pm On May 30, 2016
Hehehehe Dog (404) comes from the north as well.

2 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by Stingman: 4:05pm On May 30, 2016
Another Awolowo is born

12 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by mesoprogress(m): 4:07pm On May 30, 2016
Cut off food, they cut off oil. Seems a good deal. The oil seller is on the advantage, they can import as much food they want if they can't produce locally due to vegetation etc.

22 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by mightyhazell: 4:09pm On May 30, 2016
cheesy This gat 2 be the funniest news I heard dis year

9 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by RZArecta(m): 4:10pm On May 30, 2016
To hell with them and their declaration of war

1 Like

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by Splinz(m): 4:12pm On May 30, 2016
Beautiful nonsense! Isn't that what the avengers are saying already? Does this group not know that Niger Delta Republic means they don't need Nigerian food again? SMH for this kind of mumu Foundation

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by jamesibor: 4:12pm On May 30, 2016
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, do you support them?
Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by SirVintageCock: 4:15pm On May 30, 2016
How can you do that?
I wish it will happen when we have an obvious porous borders where foodstuffs can be imported without qualms.
It will open new opportunities for local farmers to sale their products.

And did I mention that 30 days worth of food supply will spoil in the north with no money exchanged for it which will cripple the meagre capitals of the local northern farmers.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by One1after: 4:18pm On May 30, 2016
Stingman:
Another Awolowo is born

Coward, face the group and leave Awolowo alone. Dont you have shame?

1 Like

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by Branzy(m): 4:21pm On May 30, 2016
these fools think that ND is land locked we have borders with Cameron at Calabar a sea port in port hacort.. we are we have the Atlantic Ocean at our back yard and more still we still have small farms

17 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by Olive33: 4:24pm On May 30, 2016
grin grin grin

Nice joke

1 Like

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by JaredNormak: 4:25pm On May 30, 2016
So they want to extend the systematic genocide of 1967 civil war to the Niger Delta in 2016?

Hunger go first kill the children of Daura before this evil thought is implemented.

14 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by JaredNormak: 4:26pm On May 30, 2016
mesoprogress:
Cut off food, they cut off oil. Seems a good deal.
You eat your food and a larger quantity perish while I exchange my oil for better food.

13 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by JaredNormak: 4:28pm On May 30, 2016
One1after:

Coward, face the group and leave Awolowo alone. Dont you have shame?
He's right, Sani Bello is a reincarnation of Awolowo.

17 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by jerusalem101: 4:31pm On May 30, 2016
You don't need to air the intention of the present administration for us to know what it stands for, cause PMB is just on the throne to represent northern agenda, which is already manifesting in his body language and actions. The tactical decimation of the S'south n S' east region remains his top most agenda. Cutting off food supply to the area, which was a tactic initiated by Awolowo, won't be enough but further equipping of the killer herdsmen who are executing executive order will be much better.

6 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by sanandreas(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2016
Hold ur useless food. If I can't get fresh tomatoes there is tin tomatoes. We will withhold our garri and palm oil produce. You have enough food yet almajiri are on the street begging for food.

4 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by tit(f): 4:59pm On May 30, 2016
to show i also hate the niger delta,
i askl buhari to also cut off all pipelines to the niger delta for 6 months!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by Osakah24(m): 5:02pm On May 30, 2016
Pure Nonsense, Is the food and oil supply done via trade by barter?.

2 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by Jirate(m): 5:18pm On May 30, 2016
Seriously speaking, Buhari is not the first northerner to rule this Country, how come he is almost becoming the Last. This Guy must be really dull and dumb.

6 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by asadike(f): 5:23pm On May 30, 2016
food ke? see this people? who is still living in d 19th century? awon igbo ti take over for food production. abi u never hear of Anambra rice, Abakiliki yam, Enugu beans, obudu cattle ranch, Anambra veg and tomatoes that will flood d market by july. Forget d avengers, we in d south east will not let our innocent brothers starve. Now, tell me, who is still living in d 19th century?

21 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by keryj(f): 5:26pm On May 30, 2016
Hawusa feofle r d most useless and senseless set of feofle I v ever come accross. If jonathan had stopped the supple of petrol to the north during his tenure over bokoharam issue how will they feel. The SS and SE can never again be moved over cutting off food. Do they actually think we don't v lands to farm or knowledge of how to farm. I call this the most childish treat of the century.

4 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by wristbangle: 5:31pm On May 30, 2016
grin

See funny news.

3 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by bondingman: 5:38pm On May 30, 2016
see mumu u think they need ur food

3 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by One1after: 5:40pm On May 30, 2016
JaredNormak:
He's right, Sani Bello is a reincarnation of Awolowo.

Tribal bigot, soon you will be all over nairaland crying as usual.
Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by onajo2000(m): 5:41pm On May 30, 2016
wetin dis mum dey talk sef.......na north dey buy meat pass or na south south.......ekpa of the highest order
Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by CharleyCharley: 5:43pm On May 30, 2016
LoL grin grin
nigeria is indeed a funny country
Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by Stingman: 5:45pm On May 30, 2016
One1after:

Tribal bigot, soon you will be all over nairaland crying as usual.

He is 100% right. Sani Bello is a reincarnation of Awolowo.

5 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by One1after: 5:46pm On May 30, 2016
Stingman:

He is 100% right. Sani Bello is a reincarnation of Awolowo.

You mean reincarnation of the cursed animal called Ojuiku?

1 Like

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by OfoIgbo: 5:52pm On May 30, 2016
asadike:
food ke? see this people? who is still living in d 19th century? awon igbo ti take over for food production. abi u never hear of Anambra rice, Abakiliki yam, Enugu beans, obudu cattle ranch, Anambra veg and tomatoes that will flood d market by july. Forget d avengers, we in d south east will not let our innocent brothers starve. Now, tell me, who is still living in d 19th century?

My sister, I just got back from a month's ban today. I was about to inform the forum of the points you made above.
I believe that little Ebonyi state produces more rice than any other state in Nigeria.

Btw why should the north even think the SE will join in this project, when Buhari started off by alienating Igbos in his regime, starting with his lopsided appointments to the way he shackles Igbo graft suspects while giving vip treatment to northern suspects. Let's not even factor in the fact that SS people are also our siblings.

This will be one of the most pointless embargoes in history, as the SE will heavily puncture and totally undermine it

3 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by White007(m): 5:53pm On May 30, 2016
Even hitler has nothing compare to this Buhari's government.

How did we get here?

2 Likes

Re: PIPELINE VANDALISM: Group Asks Buhari To Cut-off Food Supply To Niger Delta Stat by free2ryhme: 5:56pm On May 30, 2016
jamesibor:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, do you support them?

fear no go let them move am go frontpage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Gov. Rochas Okorocha Being Rejected By Top Football Leagues (PICS) / Senator Ademola Adeleke's Daughter, Nike, Shares Sexy New Photos / Obasanjo: I Have Sent N5000 To Nigerian's Using Bvn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.