Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy (30460 Views)

3 Online Businesses That Makes You Profit From The First Month / 3 Online Businesses That Can Make You 1 Million In 6 Months / Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 9:29pm On May 30, 2016
i have always despised working in an office under a boss, reading a book called rich dad, poor dad increased my hatred for working under a boss, in a country like Nigeria theres no job security and if you look at it critically, you are actually working yourself up for your boss and the govt. and you'll have no time for yourself at all. i want to be my own boss and I'm sure i will realize that some days, with the right facilities readily available, heres some businesses that i will venture into and it will survive in Nigeria.

1. livestock farming: theres alot of gains in livestock farming if you know your way around it, am talking of getting a big space(land), and start little, maybe poultry, I'll buy all the breeds, in places with alot of hotels like lagos, portharcourt etc, i will rear broilers and advertise it to major hotels so I'll be supplying them meat, if theres capital I'll add a cold room to process the meat, and during festive periods demand will skyrocket, layers for thier eggs and there's also market for eggs, with time I'll venture into grasscutter farming and fishery, very easy to set up, and you supply bars and as you grow your customer base, you might end up buying a delivery van and it will be a smooth sail from then on.

2. importation of fairly used goods: my dad's friend does this, he brings alot of stuffs and you must have something to buy whenever you visit his exhibition, his imported goods ranges from laptops, phones, bicycles, home theaters, tvs, electrical appliances, household items, office chairs, washing machines, lawn movers, hover boards, even miniature bikes, mountain bikes and the good thing is crowds gather to wait for him whenever they hear he's two hours away, now he brings five or more cars in a truck each time he travels.

3. fashion boutique coupled with fashion designing: be a fashion designer and create unique styles which will make you stand out and you can also display fashion wears in your boutique to advertise your handwork

4. blogging: you just need internet access, a computer and a brain to start this, and choose a niche you know something about and you're good at.

5. hotel and catering services: this is self explanatory, but you need huge capital to start, you can start with a small setup more like a drive through or dinner, and choose a catchy name that stands out not common names like mama nkechi lip licking joint, be neat and create a nice environment, hire friendly workers to leave a remarkable experience on the minds of your customer so they'll come back for more

6. beer parlour: if you arent humble, hardworking with thick skin you cant pull this off because irresponsible people come to beer parlours and their behavior might annoy you so if you have what it takes go for it

7. delivery services: you can partner with major shopping outfits to be thier professional delivery service, outfits like konga, jumia etc.

8. dry cleaning service: dry cleaning is a profit making venture if you choose the right place to open it, i can only think of abuja

there are more of thise businesses but this is all i can think of

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by basic23111: 9:38pm On May 30, 2016
thanks for this information. I will like to know more about drycleaning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 10:01pm On May 30, 2016
basic23111:
thanks for this information. I will like to know more about drycleaning
depends on your budget, but what you need is
* washing machines
*electric pressing iron
*dryers
*mild soap and detergents
*wide table, waist height,
* some bowls
* proper and presentable packaging

nice location

2 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2016
Eyinimofe22:
Nice post. Thanks for sharing. Also check this post: '101 Nigerian Business Ideas:
https://startupdemands.com/?s=101+nigerian++business+ideas
tnx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by SageTravels: 10:08pm On May 30, 2016
Travel Agency Business is Booming Too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Akious2k2(m): 12:04am On May 31, 2016
@OP... Change "Strive" 2 "Thrive" from d topic
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 4:45am On May 31, 2016
Akious2k2:
@OP... Change "Strive" 2 "Thrive" from d topic
noted thanks for correction
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by lonelydora: 6:59am On May 31, 2016
Farming is the big deal. Northerners threatening to stop bringing food stuffs.

1 Like

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by valdes00(m): 7:00am On May 31, 2016
9. Robbery. ...
anoda booming biz no matter d economy crisis
mak una no eat me raw oo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by derecho(m): 7:01am On May 31, 2016
Me, the IDOL WORSHIPPER?

I wondered why I was in the queue of accused at all
I am intelligent, aggressive, young, Totally committed to my God.
What am I doing here ?with this sheet of supposed sins in my hand I wondered
I don’t drink, I don't smoke, I don’t fornicate, I don’t steal, I am righteous. Others should be here not me.

It was finally my turn to face the Man.
I placed my sheet before Him, He glanced at it and sighed softly.
He looked at me and calmly said,
‘Guilty of idol worship'
Imagine my anger, my fury, My indignation, I jumped out of the chair and said ‘Of course not! Check the sheet again, check the name, It can't be mine’
He sighed again and mentioned one of my names that no one knows
I would not be stopped. It's impossible’ I yelled. I worship only God, the Most High, Maker of heaven and earth, The king of kings and Lord of Lords.
I bow down to none, I have no talisman, no amulet, No pot underneath my bed.
‘You are guilty of idol worship’ He repeated calmly
He looked at me
I looked at Him
It seemed like forever. The room was silent.
I could hear the clock ticking

Then slowly I understood

I am never late for my British Airway flights but I am always late to church
-I blinked -
My payments to unfaithful PHCN and water board are never late but I haven’t paid my tithes in three months
-I looked down-,

When meeting one of our local chiefs last week I would not even pick a call in the presence of earthly royalty, but I WhatsApp in church
-I swallowed-.

I wouldn’t interrupt my performance appraisal with my boss for anything but I missed church last week because of a film on TV
-I squirmed uncomfortably-

I wouldn’t let a day end without talking to my spouse but today I just said Hi God, Bye God
And I didn’t even pray last night
-The room began to feel hot-

I would never miss going to the bank because of the weather but I missed fellowship of Wednesday because it looked really cloudy.
-It seems the AC in the room wasn’t working-

I would wear my party colors to party meetings and not care what anyone thought of me but I hate to talk to my workmates about God because of what they will think of me.
-Someone should fix this AC or put it on 0 because 10 was too hot for me-

I always have the latest tech toy you can think of but my bible is so worn I cant even find Jude anymore
-I wished the Man would get a call and leave but He doesn’t allow anything to interrupt when He is with His children.-

I felt so hot in the room, a nervous sweat on my forehead, I felt so ill and weak, all of my anger and self righteousness was gone, leaving immense guilt in its wake.
I slowly got of the chair and knelt by His feet and said
‘I am sorry, I am guilty as charged, Guilty of idol worship, guilty of placing others; humans, toys; before You. I am guilty of idol worship’

He smiled gently, looked at me with those passionate eyes of His full of love and He gave me a fresh sheet!
Good morning! Don't even try to say, it can't be me. Can we for once be True and change our ways?

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by pleased(m): 7:01am On May 31, 2016
Sugar Daddy and Sugar Mummy Business.
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by yomalex(m): 7:02am On May 31, 2016
Services
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by pendusky(m): 7:02am On May 31, 2016
noted
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by habex005(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2016
beer parlour joint can cost how much.
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by ORACLE1975(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2016
Notes
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by eleojo23: 7:03am On May 31, 2016
Importation with this forex scarcity?

9 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by brunofarad(m): 7:03am On May 31, 2016
Ok
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Berrylite: 7:05am On May 31, 2016
Marketing!!!

Since work no dey again, I don shift to marketing business. Now, I employ faithful secondary school drop outs as my delivery agents which qualifies me as employer of labour.

I also make my cool cash from doing what 99.9% of what everybody hates. Anyway, that gives room for less competition

2 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by StoneLucifer: 7:05am On May 31, 2016
Medical services and Diagnostics..
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by lastpage: 7:05am On May 31, 2016
dauntless15:
* washing machines
*electric pressing iron

*dryers
* some bowls

nice location

Please Add GENERATORS and PETROL @#145/Litre to that list.

I wont envy you at all when you dont get Power for one week and Customer wants to wear his dress to one owanmbe party this weekend! grin grin

Lastpage!

7 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Strongbest(m): 7:06am On May 31, 2016
Nice one Op, except the beer palour thing.

This can also be helpful:

www.nairaland.com/1798724/.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by loomer: 7:06am On May 31, 2016
Story. Where money wey people want talk buy from sellers?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by winkmart: 7:07am On May 31, 2016
eleojo23:
Importation with this forex scarcity?

I Still import and make good profits. Just have a good marketing strategy. You will sell X3 of any amount you buy, irrespective of the exchange rate.

Am on my laptop self buying WRISTWATCHes from Abroad as I type.

Na wetin dey sustain me with this poor salary wey I dey receive for work be that.

I CAN TEACH YOU MY MARKETING TRICKS SHA FOR A TOKEN.

2 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Figs(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2016
derecho:
Me, the IDOL WORSHIPPER?

I don’t drink, I don't smoke, I don’t fornicate, I don’t steal, I am righteous. Others should be here not me.

‘Guilty of idol worship'
Imagine my anger, my fury, My indignation, I jumped out of the chair and said ‘Of course not! Check the sheet again, check the name, It can't be mine’
I would not be stopped. It's impossible’ I yelled. I worship only God, the Most High, Maker of heaven and earth, The king of kings and Lord of Lords.
He looked at me
I looked at Him

Then slowly I understood

-I blinked -
My payments to unfaithful PHCN and water board are never late but I haven’t paid my tithes in three months
-I looked down-,

When meeting one of our local chiefs last week I would not even pick a call in the presence of earthly royalty, but I WhatsApp in church
-I swallowed-.

I wouldn’t interrupt my performance appraisal with my boss for anything but I missed church last week because of a film on TV

I wouldn’t let a day end without talking to my spouse but today I just said Hi God, Bye God

I would never miss going to the bank because of the weather but I missed fellowship of Wednesday because it looked really cloudy.

I would wear my party colors to party meetings and not care what anyone thought of me but I hate to talk to my workmates about God because of what they will think of me.

I always have the latest tech toy you can think of but my bible is so worn I cant even find Jude anymore
-I wished the Man would get a call and leave but He doesn’t allow anything to interrupt when He is with His children.-

I felt so hot in the room, a nervous sweat on my forehead, I felt so ill and weak, all of my anger and self righteousness was gone, leaving immense guilt in its wake.
‘I am sorry, I am guilty as charged, Guilty of idol worship, guilty of placing others; humans, toys; before You. I am guilty of idol worship’

He smiled gently, looked at me with those passionate eyes of His full of love and He gave me a fresh sheet!
Good morning! Don't even try to say, it can't be me. Can we for once be True and change our ways?
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by lastpage: 7:08am On May 31, 2016
derecho:
Me, the IDOL WORSHIPPER?

‘Guilty of idol worship'
He looked at me
I looked at Him

Then slowly I understood

-I blinked -
-I looked down-,

-I swallowed-.

"HE" said You are also GUILT of IGNORANCE!
That is on charge-sheet #2. grin grin

now, straight into that burning Pot of Ohyel.... undecided undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by miniziter(m): 7:09am On May 31, 2016
When I first read that man book "rich dad poor dad", I thought he wasn't talking to a typical Nigerian like me. But behold, things has CHANGED.

2 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by JVgal(f): 7:09am On May 31, 2016
Selling of tomatoes should be number one

5 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by GentleYoung(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2016
SageTravels:
Travel Agency Business is Booming Too

I will like to know more about this
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by eleojo23: 7:10am On May 31, 2016
winkmart:

I Still import and make good profits. Just have a good marketing strategy. You will sell X3 of any amount you buy, irrespective of the exchange rate.

Am on my laptop self buying WRISTWATCHes from China as I type. Na

Hmmm... interesting. So you pay with your naira debit card? I bet the exchange rate can give one temporary depression because of how high it is now cheesy
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Strongbest(m): 7:10am On May 31, 2016
dauntless15:
* washing machines
*electric pressing iron
*dryers
* some bowls

nice location

Nice but that depends on your pocket though. As a beginner, you can leave out the dryer and get it later.

Washing machine is the most important here. You spin the clothes and air dry in like 30 minutes - 1 hour, then iron. That's all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN To Replace Local Bureau-De-Changes With Travelex / How To Become An Agent For Baba Ijebu, Nairabet, Mendibet Etc / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar Wedding Dinner In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.