Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy (30481 Views)

3 Online Businesses That Makes You Profit From The First Month / 3 Online Businesses That Can Make You 1 Million In 6 Months / Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2016
HomeOfMe:
That's the spirit! My brother graduated from OAU studied Economics,after that he served and worked at a vehicle manufacturing company for just two years,after that he decided he wanted to be his own boss-we thought he was joking. Before we knew it he became a consultant;travels around the world now. He started without a dime! When he sits down with you and talk,you'll not want him to go-i call him an economic-strategist and life coach. I am his elder sister but I learn a lot from him. So i'd advice you to keep it up and keep exploring and expanding,one day you'll have hundreds of people working for you.
umm i like the sound of that hundreds working for me, thanks for the encouragement
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2016
Osisie:
Dauntless15

Op, I quoted you to be double sure you'll read my post.

I just wanna say.............

GOD BLESS THE WOMB THAT HELD YOU!!!

You just made my day with that Livestock thing.
My school is on strike(KSU) and I volunteered to teach in a secondary school where teachers were urgently needed. They gave me Animal Husbandary and Agricultural Science. Those are the subjects I teach. And it has opened my eyes to the money spinner called Livestock farming.

I think I wanna jump into it.
wao best compliment I've heard all day, tnx bro i happen to know alot about those because my dad does poultry and fishery stuff as a hubby, I've learnt alot from him, he's away most time because he's into politics state level and i take care of it until he returns, i hated it before but now, i feel its something I'll try later in life just like my dad.
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by bizgenius1: 9:06am On May 31, 2016
HarryTellMe:
Phones and Computer spare parts is also a booming business. All you just need to do is learn from someone already into it and start importing them. The profits are so high.

That's a goldmine bro n many people dunno about it
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by scampy(m): 9:08am On May 31, 2016
Strongbest:

Nice but that depends on your pocket though. As a beginner, you can leave out the dryer and get it later.

Washing machine is the most important here. You spin the clothes and air dry in like 30 minutes - 1 hour, then iron. That's all.

Do you apply starch before spinning or after air drying it? How do you do it.
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Kakayaraznits(m): 9:24am On May 31, 2016
Quite an interesting post.
@OP, can u expantiate a bit on the delivery services and Its requirements to deal with jumia, konga .....
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Shakitibob0: 9:32am On May 31, 2016
winkmart:

I Still import and make good profits. Just have a good marketing strategy. You will sell X3 of any amount you buy, irrespective of the exchange rate.

Am on my laptop self buying WRISTWATCHes from Abroad as I type.

Na wetin dey sustain me with this poor salary wey I dey receive for work be that.

I CAN TEACH YOU MY MARKETING TRICKS SHA FOR A TOKEN.
I need to learn... Please how much?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 9:36am On May 31, 2016
Kakayaraznits:
Quite an interesting post.
@OP, can u expantiate a bit on the delivery services and Its requirements to deal with jumia, konga .....
all you need is a base of operation like a startup branch, delivery vans ( this must be readily available if not no one will take you seriously) professional drivers depending on how large your start-up will be, and most importantly a database so you can be processing datas like new delivery order, impending delivery, and goods already delivered so you can be tracking your delivery to ensure it gets delivered, nothing kills a business more than bad name and incompetence, so make sure you're clean and forthcoming, now after you have all those in check, you approach your enterprise of choice be it konga, jumia or any company that might need delivery service, tell them about your company, and draw up a contract of the percentage of profit both of you will be getting quarterly based on how many delivery you make for them every month.

2 Likes

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Shakitibob0: 9:37am On May 31, 2016
mrsage:
Food stuff trading

Agriculture

And my field. Transportation. People will always move around.
sage, can I learn one or two things about the transportation business?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by REMMEI(m): 9:57am On May 31, 2016
winkmart:

I Still import and make good profits. Just have a good marketing strategy. You will sell X3 of any amount you buy, irrespective of the exchange rate.

Na wetin dey sustain me with this poor salary wey I dey receive for work be that.

i'm interested..
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Laeroy(f): 10:06am On May 31, 2016
Strongbest:

Nice but that depends on your pocket though. As a beginner, you can leave out the dryer and get it later.

Washing machine is the most important here. You spin the clothes and air dry in like 30 minutes - 1 hour, then iron. That's all.

would u also spin a cloth dat requires starching?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by OJILLEX(m): 10:16am On May 31, 2016
you forgot photography and graphics design
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by winkmart: 10:24am On May 31, 2016
eleojo23:

Hmmm... interesting. So you pay with your naira debit card? I bet the exchange rate can give one temporary depression because of how high it is now cheesy

It's N315/$ with my GTBANK MASTERCARD, A $10 wristwatch is just N3150 and its this same watch I can sell for N6000-N7000. With good marketing.
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Udobass: 10:25am On May 31, 2016
SageTravels:
Travel Agency Business is Booming Too
Please if you know more about the travel agency business, i would like you throw more light on it. Thanks.
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by winkmart: 10:30am On May 31, 2016
Shakitibob0:
I need to learn... Please how much?

check my signature for my number, whatsapp or call me. Thanks
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by winkmart: 10:31am On May 31, 2016
REMMEI:

i'm interested..

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by winkmart: 10:32am On May 31, 2016
GentleYoung:

Let's relate na

Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2016
OJILLEX:
you forgot photography and graphics design
yes i have little knowledge of it, all the ones i talked about are what i know much about
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by GentleYoung(m): 10:58am On May 31, 2016
[quote author=winkmart post=46134401]

check my signature for my number, whatsapp or call me. Thanks[/quote

Will get back to you
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by goodgate: 11:03am On May 31, 2016
OP you did not add Commercial Transportation? That's one hell of a Moneyspinner,but that is if you operate the business yourself.
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by egokudiowomoney: 11:06am On May 31, 2016
yahooyahoo and politics nko?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:18am On May 31, 2016
Why aare the women not mentioning makeup artiste? Do you know how many wedding or birthday events gets down every weekend.
I learnt it takes an average of 30-50,000 to hire a makeup artiste for your wedding....This na low class o, high class makeup artiste charge cut-throat prices!
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by Nobody: 11:21am On May 31, 2016
winkmart:

Bro pls I'm interested in d importation stuff. Need u to put me thru every detail I need to start. Can I have ur whatsapp contact so we can chat over there?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by winkmart: 12:07pm On May 31, 2016
jideniceguy:

Bro pls I'm interested in d importation stuff. Need u to put me thru every detail I need to start. Can I have ur whatsapp contact so we can chat over there?

check my signature sir
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by dauntless15(m): 12:19pm On May 31, 2016
all you checking signature be careful o no one is to be trusted and i hope they wont charge you
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by rollywise(m): 1:16pm On May 31, 2016
winkmart:

Hey help a brother. I had like to get a small shop to sell things I can import for small amount. How can you help please?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by glamour29557(f): 2:02pm On May 31, 2016
Berrylite:
Marketing!!!

Since work no dey again, I don shift to marketing business. Now, I employ faithful secondary school drop outs as my delivery agents which qualifies me as employer of labour.

I also make my cool cash from doing what 99.9% of what everybody hates. Anyway, that gives room for less competition
pls enlightening me, which 1 is marketing business?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by eleojo23: 2:02pm On May 31, 2016
winkmart:

It's N315/$ with my GTBANK MASTERCARD, A $10 wristwatch is just N3150 and its this same watch I can sell for N6000-N7000. With good marketing.
Hmm..315? shocked
But GT charged me 329.99 for an online international transaction recently, in fact, last night. cry
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by winkmart: 2:49pm On May 31, 2016
rollywise:

Hey help a brother. I had like to get a small shop to sell things I can import for small amount. How can you help please?

That's the fast path to failure, getting a shop will limit and stall you... Business people sell online nowadays. You only complement ur marketing strategies with an offline shop.. which the sales can never be compared to what u sell online
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by NET1(m): 2:57pm On May 31, 2016
you did not include Bet9ja and Nairabet. Why? OP Why?

.NET
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by rollywise(m): 3:46pm On May 31, 2016
winkmart:

That's the fast path to failure, getting a shop will limit and stall you... Business people sell online nowadays. You only complement ur marketing strategies with an offline shop.. which the sales can never be compared to what u sell online

How do I sell online?
Re: Businesses That Can thrive In Nigeria Despite The Bad Economy by mrsage(m): 5:19pm On May 31, 2016
Shakitibob0:
sage, can I learn one or two things about the transportation business?

Yes sure. What exactly do you wish to learn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar Wedding Dinner In Abuja (Photos) / Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.