Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,403 members, 7,822,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? (47989 Views)

Dino Melaye Awarded 'The Best Senator In Kogi State Since 1999' (Photos) / 101500 Nigerians Murdered Since 1999 / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
hedonistic:
I'm sure everyone agrees that the worst ever is Lai Mohammed, using any indices:

- Believability (zero)
- Charisma/likeability (zero)
- Persuasiveness/Slickness (zero)

It has gotten to a point where Lai Mohammed's discredited face is a source of disgust and cynicism for almost all observers whenever he appears in the media. No one wants to hear whatever drivel he has to say because it is expected that he will lie or insult sensibilities with his characteristically arrogant and distasteful demeanour. The man is now clearly a waste of public space and a colossal liability to Buhari's government.

I'll nominate the genteel, persuasive, and highly dignified Chukwuemeka Chikelu as the best minister of information so far since 1999. He had a way of passing his message across elegantly and defending the government of the day (Obasanjo's) persuasively without offending sensibilities and arrogantly talking down on the public. Too bad Obasanjo had to later replace him with the brash and combative Frank Nweke-Junior because he felt that Chikelu was not 'harsh' enough.

Other candidates include:

Frank Nweke-Junior
Dora Akunyili
Labaran Maku
Prof Jerry Ghana

What do you think?

You're so on point,that guy was and is still my best information minister.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by begwong: 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
Prof Jerry Gana
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Engrmustyboss(m): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2017
Dora Akunyili
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by karwa: 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank was the right guy for the job, versed savvy eloquent, but whats d job of media aid spokesman press secretary special assistant on media info minister?Nigeria, A Land Of Duplicity.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by asamaigho(m): 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2017
hedonistic:
He was suave and articulate alright but also too condescending, arrogant and a bit too heavy handed in his 'attacks' against critics of the Obasanjo government... Just how Obasanjo liked it, I must add. He was at his arrogant and combative best in the build up to the abortive Third Term Agenda.

exactly.....chukwemeka chikelu was the best

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by bigsmoke2(m): 11:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
Lying Muhammed
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Ghost01(m): 11:19pm On Mar 12, 2017
Frank Nweke Jnr.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by abraka00(f): 12:01am On Mar 13, 2017
ITbomb:
I remember the days of Prof Ofonagoro (I hope I got that correct). He defended the military with charisma, no lies and very convincing
Yeah, Dr Walter Ofonagoro with enough charisma.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by bawajghai(m): 12:05am On Mar 13, 2017
Lai Mohammed is the best, but bad for the wailing wailers
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by irsakant: 12:13am On Mar 13, 2017
theSpark:
I like Frank Nweke Jr. He's a cool guy I wonder why he's not doing politics anymore.
He is "doing" politics. He contested for Senate in 2015 elections because I saw his campaign on ONTV, then.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by irsakant: 12:17am On Mar 13, 2017
tankara1010:
John Nnia Nwodo. I think under Abdulsalami or earlier under OBJ. He was perfect. Typically Igbos are naturally reserved for Minister of Information.
You mean, Igbos are diplomatic liars, unlike Lia, the pathological liar!
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Uniquejames(m): 5:50am On Mar 13, 2017
Threads like this i can't say anything i wee just be looking and reading thus educating myself. As at 1999 i was only 5 but i know very well d name jerry gana. Dora' era was wen i started following politics. This man called lie made me understood what ministers portfolio was all about
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by RillJ(m): 6:39am On Mar 13, 2017
Frank Nweke Jr nailed it

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Jilo83(m): 6:52am On Mar 13, 2017
Dr Akinwumi Adesina. Immediate past agric minister
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by mohciz69(m): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2017
It's Frank Nweke Jnr for me anyday

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Kingbuhari(m): 8:37am On Mar 13, 2017
Frank maku
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by bjoyoyo99: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2017
Dora
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Smoothie01(f): 10:10am On Mar 13, 2017
oops...this thread was started on May 30, 2016, wen the lies of lai had not gained popularity
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Klington: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2017
The hi's have it
Frank nweke Jr.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by nonsobaba: 10:26am On Mar 13, 2017
Chukwuemeka Chikelu is it. That guy's mastery of english language and the fluency with which he spoke it was second to none.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Templa(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2017
Am not sure you guys encountered prof jerry gana..he was frank newke s mentor..
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by VISTIN(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2017
Chukwuemeka Chikelue has no match so far
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by tchaik(m): 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2017
dundayo:

Frank Nweke-Junior.....
I respect that man's command of English and charisma ....Only God knows where OBJ got the man from...

...and I think he still remains (I stand to be corrected though), the only Information Minister that can fluently speak Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba and French.
No be lie bros, na only God knows where OBJ got the man from.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by suremanpatriot: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2017
Everybody knows is Dora is the best info minister,a great woman of valour grin grin since independence sef

the worst ever is Jerry gana
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by francotunsco: 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
Prof. Jerry Gana all the way...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
Standardcosting:

Because they want to do shake up now, the next thing is to think of ways to tarnish the image of Lai Muhammed so he can be fired. Remember you/your child would also be in a position someday and someone somewhere would do same to you.
In my opinion he's really trying and there's nothing he can do considering the terrible economic situation.
If there's economic prosperity, I am sure information ministry would be perfect due to positive reports.
Is it Lai Muhammad's fault that the country plunged into recession?
Its not just about the economy, he just talk anyhow
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by Standardcosting(m): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2021
ANDREW91:

Its not just about the economy, he just talk anyhow
Sorry my opinion has changed
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by buckeyemedia: 7:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
abraka00:
Yeah, Dr Walter Ofonagoro with enough charisma.
Pdp Criminal.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by buckeyemedia: 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
francotunsco:
Prof. Jerry Gana all the way...
From Mamser to Ministry of Information? Useless Professor, he owes his prosperity to General Babaginda.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? by CoolAmbience(m): 4:43am On Jan 21, 2022
coldFLARES1:
I would tag with your nomination: Chukwuemeka Chikelu, for me, dwarfs all others in delivery.

If not that this is an open debate...there won't be any need comparing Chikelu with others.

Chikelu is in his own class....

Ndigbo should look for that young man, as he is our surest bet for the presidency.

I don talk my own.

He is sellable to every part of Nigeria.

Schooled in Maiduguri, humble, highly efficient and a decent gentleman....yet resolute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted / Umahi: Anybody That Closes His Shop On Monday Should Forfeit The Shop / Governor Yahaya Bello New Look (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.