Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola (3888 Views)

Babatunde Fashola Inspects The Dualization Of Lokoja-Benin Road (Photos) / Senators Ademola Adeleke And Dino Melaye All Smiles In New Photo / Sheriff Unveils Ademola Adeleke As PDP Osun Senatorial Candidate In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by BabsThePresido(m): 7:49am On May 31, 2016
I am pressed to write on this forum on the current decision of the oyo state Governor on the civil servants.
If we take a good look at the current situation in our country, we will observe that a lot of people in Nigeria are seriously suffering and we have no means or ways to make our stress and pain know to our leaders. Things are quite expensive in the market, our economy is strategically crashing, our homes are smelling hunger, frustration is everywhere, people no longer smile to one another when they drive or meet in any way, we are gradually turning to our own enemy in a way, we have lost sanity in all forms, even the leadership of this country has lost grip of the state of the country's economy and governance, they now take irrational decisions without considering the masses. Fellow Nigerians, you will agree with me after taking your own statistics on the measure of insanity in all form in Nigeria that it is just everywhere.

I am picking my state, OYO STATE as a case study, I will like all Oyo state youths to stand up against the current administration for taking unlawful measure to sack civil service employees. I am so surprised that a governor like Governor Ajimobi could easily decide to put the destiny of families in danger.

Two weeks ago, he brought out a list of 16,000 names of civil servants that have issues in the or with the commision, He listed the following situations, employee who have BVN issues, employee who collects two or more salaries, Ghost workers, Service Age outdated.

My point is this after this list, he insisted that they should all go home and instructed that their names be removed from the payroll, he later said a panel shall be set up sometimes in July, that time their issues shall be looked into.

These group of people have been sacked indirectly without letter, he has been owing them for more than 6 months, i have only heard of this unlawful acts in private establishments, My challenge is this, nobody is out in Oyo state to question the integrity of the governors decisions, these people are going home to meet their children whom they will no longer be able to cater for because of the shock.

I am using this opportunity to call on stakeholders,All traditional rulers, Oyo State indigines, Oyo State students, Oyo state youth council, Oyo state indigines in diaspora, Oyo State religious leaders, lawyers, traders, etc. to rise up and logically fight against this illicit way of frustrating the people of the state that voted him in. He is being autocratic and wicked in a democratic system.

We can make Oyo State habitable, we can set a good future for our dear state today, if we cannot fight for our future, let us fight for our children's future.

God bless Oyo state
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by smileyyy(f): 7:56am On May 31, 2016
Being waiting like forever for someone to talk about this. Nice one.
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by EastLebanon(m): 7:56am On May 31, 2016
Is it turning to another osun?where are the oduduwas abi ozoduwa make them come see oo.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by oduastates: 7:57am On May 31, 2016
A civil service does not exist to create employment.A civil service exist to service the tax payers( civil..........service)
If the tax payers cannot afford the size of her civil service, it simply mean that there has to be cuts .
At times, it means civil service jobs would have to go.

8 Likes

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by jerryboiii(m): 8:01am On May 31, 2016
Hmmmm thisis serious...seun coman see o
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by bettercreature(m): 8:07am On May 31, 2016
smileyyy:
Being waiting like forever for someone to talk about this. Nice one.
I said this few weeks ago,this is one of the biggest fraud of our lifetime,he removed names of my 2 friends who has been working as a lecturer for 9years calling them a ghost workers because they have the same surname with several others then tell them to come to secretariat for interview
Interview that has no date,People must rise up this is impunity at it's peak

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by jaymejate: 8:13am On May 31, 2016
Lalasticlala, oya preach the gospel
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by aljharem(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2016
oduastates:
A civil service does not exist to create employment.A civil service exist to service the tax payers( civil..........service)
If the tax payers cannot afford the size of her civil service, it simply mean that there has to be cuts .
At times, it means civil service jobs would have to go.

CAN IMAGINE THIS RUBBISH FROM AN AApc iddiooot

op

enjoy your change

4 Likes

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by FlyoruB: 8:48am On May 31, 2016
We need to tell ourselves some serious truths. Our civil service, both state and federal, are way overbloated and need to be trimmed down drastically, especially under the current cash-crunch. These civil servants are the same 'Ghost Workers' we are hearing so much about. They are lazy for the most part,and in the case of Oyo state, some of the affected ones have allegedly been embezzling millions of IGR over the years.

This is beyond partisanship. Governors must reduce their civil service work force, focus on raising their states IGR and completely forget about getting any Federal allocation coz no more free lunches, Oil money don dry. The laid off civil servants too should quit whining and go into private business, offer some service or something, instead of waiting to be collecting salaries for doing practically nothing!

10 Likes

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by lovat(m): 8:51am On May 31, 2016
Zombies will still defend Ajimobi

Are all Zombies Stupid, Wicked or Plain Silly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by Bukybabe(f): 9:37am On May 31, 2016
I think Ajimobi is so insensitive..okay let's say there are ghost workers..is there no way he could flush them out.Someone just said because two lecturers have the same name he sacked them.I don't think that makes any sense.
He said some people have BVN issues..can't you tell them to submit their BVN number instead telling them to Stay at home till July and he hasn't even paid them 6 months salary and for Christ sake his children are busy spending the money and sharing pictures online.Is this fair?Ajimobi has always been like this from way back when he was working in National oil...very heartless and he doesn't listen to anyone.
Is Oyo state not stinking?people are even scared to protest because they might end up being shot.
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by Bukybabe(f): 9:47am On May 31, 2016
jaymejate:
Lalasticlala, oya preach the gospel

This should be on front page..not all those yeye pictures.There is a lot of frustrated people everywhere.And the government isn't feeling the heat..on daily basis people now commit suicide and kill each other for no tangible reason...and their children are having a blast..blowing the money here and there.Some people don't even know what to eat...This is just so unfair.
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by bender79: 9:49am On May 31, 2016
lovat:
Zombies will still defend Ajimobi

Are all Zombies Stupid, Wicked or Plain Silly
sharap there..what is your contribution? Is this the best you can come up with? Infertile!!

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by EastLebanon(m): 10:35am On May 31, 2016
bender79:
sharap there..what is your contribution? Is this the best you can come up with? Infertile!!
he's trying to hasten you to do something quickly before oyo discovers oil while sinking.
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by lovat(m): 10:36am On May 31, 2016
bender79:
mynd44
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by bender79: 12:10pm On May 31, 2016
lovat:
mynd44
if you like call out mynd0 that is your business. Besides I'm sure don't know the meaning of infertile
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by jaymejate: 1:08pm On May 31, 2016
Bukybabe:

This should be on front page..not all those yeye pictures.There is a lot of frustrated people everywhere.And the government isn't feeling the heat..on daily basis people now commit suicide and kill each other for no tangible reason...and their children are having a blast..blowing the money here and there.Some people don't even know what to eat...This is just so unfair.

Well said but the moderators will need to know the authenticity of this info b4 pushing it to the front page and i guess that's what they are doing now. If not, lalasticlala, do that soon
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by kayfra: 1:10pm On May 31, 2016
Oyo State needs to trim down the bloated civil service and send them to farms but after the stupid governor cuts down on his own expense. Hope he gets tried and arrested after his term
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by Bukybabe(f): 1:37pm On May 31, 2016
jaymejate:

Well said but the moderators will need to know the authenticity of this info b4 pushing it to the front page and i guess that's what they are doing now. If not, lalasticlala, do that soon

You are very right..but I must tell you this is 100% authentic because I live in ibadan and one of my cousin works in the local government and he testified to it.If you also go through the thread you will also notice that someone also talked about his lecturer friend..So I feel they should do the needful.
Thanks
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by hrykanu231(m): 3:09pm On May 31, 2016
This ghost workers thing is every where, yet the youths are looking for jobs. Why won't ghost go to cemetery? The issue of extending service year or reduction in age by civil servants is also very prevalent(another factor hindering the young ones from getting employed).
My advice is this, in the event that the affected persons know they are innocent. I will urge to seek redress in court. Let's not forget there's pressure on almost all fronts. Most of these governors had the ill-concieved
Notion of coming to loot as usual(though they are still looting) it might not be what they expected, hence the various approaches they have adopted to enable them get funds.
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by laurel03(m): 5:12pm On May 31, 2016
Ajimobi is too arrogant...to be a leader
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by FagsamPHP(m): 5:25pm On May 31, 2016
k
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 31, 2016
APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by Toluwaase(m): 6:32pm On May 31, 2016
FlyoruB:
We need to tell ourselves some serious truths. Our civil service, both state and federal, are way overbloated and need to be trimmed down drastically, especially under the current cash-crunch. These civil servants are the same 'Ghost Workers' we are hearing so much about. They are lazy for the most part,and in the case of Oyo state, some of the affected ones have allegedly been embezzling millions of IGR over the years.

This is beyond partisanship. Governors must reduce their civil service work force, focus on raising their states IGR and completely forget about getting any Federal allocation coz no more free lunches, Oil money don dry. The laid off civil servants too should quit whining and go into private business, offer some service or something, instead of waiting to be collecting salaries for doing practically nothing!

Your contribution shows your are just an human being, you are far from being human

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by Toluwaase(m): 6:50pm On May 31, 2016
I know a woman in my Church who was declared a ghost worker because of the BVN issue.
I believe some of these governors are raising false alarm about ghost workers or they are overbloating it. For instance in Kogi State, it was reported that the NLC chiarman is a ghost worker (reference: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/204101-kogi-govt-sacks-nlc-leader-says-hes-ghost-worker.html ).Oyo State governor never requested for the BVN of the workers, if he did, there should have been clear instructions which could have included deadline for submission. This was not done, these workers just woke up one morning and the found their names on the list of ghost workers after working on credit for more than 6 months.

This same governor (Senator Ajimobi) have collected more than 25 billion naira as bail out fund, yet he has not settled the salaries he is owing (reference: http://icpc.gov.ng/monitoring-bailout-funds/). It is even more pathetic that President Buhari is not asking questions about the bail out fund. It appears he only gave the governors more money to divert.

Apart from the BVN issue, the rate at which these workers are dying is alarming. Those of us that collect salary regularly know that we survive on God's grace, let alone workers who have not been paid for over six months. Because of the report of rate of deaths of the state workers, Governor Ajumobi has allegedly given those that have not been sacked the instruction to go and do fitness test in designated hospitals. The test is not free as they have to pay certain amount of money for the test. Those that are declared 'unfit' will be sent packing.

Few months ago, these workers were asked to collect their original certificates from all the institutions they have attended in the name of screening. He promised that only those who passed the screening will be paid. Most of them had to borrow money for journeys to all the institutions they have attended from Primary to University. It was a real mental agony for them as thy had to spend hours, days on the road, spend hours, days in towns and villages they left years back, they had to pay through their noses for certificates. At the end of the day, they were not paid.

I believe Nigerians need to speak up on behalf of these workers that are suffering. Apparently NLC and TUC are dead in this state or they just the govetnor's rubber stamp. The journalists are dormant, human rights activists are too busy, while the state is dying.

really #OyoStateIsStinking
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by Favoye2(m): 8:45pm On May 31, 2016
For the first time, i hate my state, it is uncalled for...Ajimobi is a .beast in disguise..
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by raumdeuter: 8:51pm On May 31, 2016
modath remember I said this on the Aareonakakanfo thread where Yoruba issues were discussed

The civil service is just bloated for nothing. Some have come to see civil service as some form of welfare

whats the output of these civil service to the state productivity

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by modath(f): 10:51pm On May 31, 2016
raumdeuter:
modath remember I said this on the Aareonakakanfo thread where Yoruba issues were discussed

The civil service is just bloated for nothing. Some have come to see civil service as some form of welfare

whats the output of these civil service to the state productivity

T

The civil service may be over bloated for real, i totally agree that the Federal and State civil service is glorified welfare scheme but what option are there? Did the average Nigerian create the problem? They should be fired and their children will go hungry or what?

Everyone can not go into farming or trading,since the government have "outsourced" all industrial and manufacturing capacity to Asia, they should manage the "problem" they inadvertently created...

In sane countries, private sector is the employer of labour, all Nigeria has are banks, few real industries and some one man firms..

Where are the textile mills, flour mills, the dunlops, the Onward press, the AJ Sewards, Cybele etc?

Where are the industries that would have mopped up more than 75% of the people making the civil service a drain on the resources of the state?

This is a product of past horrible choices..
Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by mapet: 7:45am On Jun 01, 2016
Bukybabe:
I think Ajimobi is so insensitive..okay let's say there are ghost workers..is there no way he could flush them out.Someone just said because two lecturers have the same name he sacked them.I don't think that makes any sense.
He said some people have BVN issues..can't you tell them to submit their BVN number instead telling them to Stay at home till July and he hasn't even paid them 6 months salary and for Christ sake his children are busy spending the money and sharing pictures online.Is this fair?Ajimobi has always been like this from way back when he was working in National oil...very heartless and he doesn't listen to anyone.
Is Oyo state not stinking?people are even scared to protest because they might end up being shot.

Insensitivity and facts are two different things in this scenario. If you really look at the criteria again, you will have to realistically agree that whoever falls into this category must have a question to answer...
1. Employee who have BVN issues - The CBN sensitized the whole nation for 1yr and extended it for another 6months. If anybody has a BVN issue, then legally that account is deactivated. Pray tell how do you expect the state government to pay into an inactive account?
2. Employee who collects two or more salaries - If this is established, then these categories should have been arrested by now
3. Ghost workers - Same as two above, especially if the recipient of the salaries can be found
4. Service Age outdated -OK, if by my understanding, these are "football-age" Daddies and Mummies, then should we encourage what it utterly bad?

So from the above the first issue is that there is a problem to be solved in the workforce. Just like madam modath raised above, these are hydra-headed monster. A lot have hidden under the canopy of civil service, when other industries are practically comatose. The bubble has to bust one day, and in busting some people will unfortunately be affected

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Is Stinking - Babatunde Ademola by Toluwaase(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2016
mapet:

Insensitivity and facts are two different things in this scenario. If you really look at the criteria again, you will have to realistically agree that whoever falls into this category must have a question to answer...
1. Employee who have BVN issues - The CBN sensitized the whole nation for 1yr and extended it for another 6months. If anybody has a BVN issue, then legally that account is deactivated. Pray tell how do you expect the state government to pay into an inactive account?
2. Employee who collects two or more salaries - If this is established, then these categories should have been arrested by now
3. Ghost workers - Same as two above, especially if the recipient of the salaries can be found
4. Service Age outdated -OK, if by my understanding, these are "football-age" Daddies and Mummies, then should we encourage what it utterly bad?

So from the above the first issue is that there is a problem to be solved in the workforce. Just like madam modath raised above, these are hydra-headed monster. A lot have hidden under the canopy of civil service, when other industries are practically comatose. The bubble has to bust one day, and in busting some people will unfortunately be affected
These are the facts:
1. We treat ourselves like animals in Nigera. Our political leaders are even worse.

2. As you have stated, employees wothout BVN would not have been able to use their accout long before now. Beacuse of these, they would have gone to register for BVN. I know and I am sure these the problem is not BVN. At least I know someone who has the BVN! yet her name is on the list of ghost worker because of BVN. If you employ me and I have provided the service for which I was employed for more than six months on credit, your concern shoul be paying my salary not my BVN.
Without the BVN, you can pay into my account, but I will not be able to collect yhe money. He has done a screening this year already.

3. One of the conditions governor Ajimobi laid down when the bail out fund came was dat all the workers must be screened with the original certificates right from primary to university. This was used to screen out "service age outdated" workers. This happened this year.

(1) (Reply)

Why Igbos Should Vote Out Buhari In 2019 - Obasanjo / This Is Nigeria: Prepaid Meter Doing Meeting / Buhari Is The Most Useless President Since The Time Of Adam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.